Small Town Whore

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LitRiter
LitRiter
116 Followers

"Hey there, Little Lady," Deke said, squatting down in front of Amanda. "I'm Deke. My, you're a right pretty princess, aren't you?"

"You stink," Amanda reported honestly. "I think you'd better have a bath." Both Deke and Hannah laughed, though Hannah's was noticeably more strained. Hannah was mortified. It was bad enough she was dressed in church clothes, the weekend equivalent to her stodgy work wear. Today she'd worn her powder blue suit, to match Amanda's dress with the blue floral pattern.

"I believe that's a good idea," Deke said, touching his finger to the end of Amanda's button nose before standing.

"I thought about you last night," Deke said, and then quickly added, "I mean, our date, or dinner next week. Do you want me to bring anything?"

"You're coming over for dinner?" Amanda asked loudly, her eyes as blue as her mother's and twice as wide. "Momma! A boy's coming in our house for dinner?" When Hannah nodded, Amanda looked at her seriously and asked, "Is that allowed?"

"I'm an adult, Amanda, and if I invite a man he can come if he wants." Deke seemed to choke, and Hannah felt the blood drain from her face. "I-I mean, I can have a man come if I want," she stammered, "I mean, oh, never mind what I mean!"

They said uncomfortable goodbyes, and Deke was halfway across the street when Amanda asked, "Momma, why were you fevered watching Mr. Deke working?" Shaken, Hannah looked in Deke's direction, and sure enough, he'd hitched in his stride and was looking back in her direction with interest.

"Amanda Irma," Hannah sighed, "Please, just until we get home, shut up."

"We're not allowed to say 'shut up'!" Amanda shouted, and Hannah felt a vein in her head throb. They drove to the trailer in silence, Amanda angry with her mother for telling her shut up, and Hannah apologized when they got in the door by putting in Amanda's favorite Wiggles DVD and sitting close with her to watch it.

* * * * *

Monday morning, after dropping Amanda off at school, Hannah decided to spend the day working around the house. She put on her Levi cut-offs, a loose t-shirt with a cartoon kitten on the front, and flip-flops and headed out to her car with a bucket of suds and some rags. The radio in her trailer was turned up loud and she washed her little Toyota with gusto, shaking her ass whenever a song came on that she liked. She was leaned over the hood, scrubbing a bit of pitch and thoroughly soaking herself, when "Redneck Woman" reached a "Hell yeah" and she stood up straight and shouted, "Hell yeah!", turning around and wagging her ass to the beat.

"Hell yeah," Deke said breathlessly, standing a yard away from her. The rag dropped from her senseless fingers as Hannah froze like a deer in headlights. The thought of headlights made her look down at the white cotton shirt plastered to her body, leaving absolutely nothing to the imagination. Deke only stared in admiration for a few moments before averting his eyes, as a gentleman should.

Peeling the fabric from her skin and holding it out, Hannah laughed once before turning and running into her trailer. She returned a minute later, wearing a sky blue t-shirt that was much too tight, but at least not transparent. Seeing his eyes immediately flick to her chest, Hannah realized her hardened nipples jutted out against the too tight shirt, and she crossed her arms over them.

"Hey there, Deke," Hannah said, her face burning. "What brings you around here?"

"I was shorted a few supplies and had to run into town," he said, his sparkling green eyes gazing softly into her baby blues. "I thought about you, and I wanted to see you."

"Well," she laughed uncomfortably, "you certainly did that!" He laughed too.

"Can I buy you some lunch?" he asked.

"You don't have to," she replied, "we can talk here, if you'd like." She watched him watching her, and she added, "Can I get you a beer?" When he nodded she went back inside and got out two bottles. She was surprised that he hadn't followed her in, and when she went out again she saw he was washing the roof of her car.

He'd taken off his work shirt, and at first sight of his lean, muscular body stretching to scrub her car, Hannah held a cold bottle to her forehead and moaned quietly. He saw her and dropped the rag into the bucket of suds before walking over and taking a beer from her. He saluted her with the bottle and took a long pull. She watched his throat working as he swallowed, and wondered why that would be making her feel so hot. Fed up with herself, Hannah decided to call Deke's bluff.

"Deke," she asked seriously, "why do you want to see me?"

"I like you," Deke said, looking confused.

"You know my reputation," Hannah countered. "It won't do yours any good to be around me, not that you need to worry. Every eligible girl in town wants to hang off your arm, and half of the one's who aren't eligible too."

"Hannah," Deke said seriously, "Even if every word I've heard told about you is true, which I doubt, I'd still be here right now."

"I have a little girl," Hannah said, and Deke looked at her like she was stupid. "I mean," she amended, "I can't get involved with someone who isn't for real serious. It's not the kind of thing I want my baby exposed to."

"Do you honestly think I'm after you for a roll in the hay?" Deke asked, his face stony and unreadable.

"I don't know, Deke," she answered. "I hope not, but you might be surprised to find out that most of the men who call on me only have a few minutes before they need to get back to their wives or girlfriends."

"They ain't me," Deke said, a question in his eyes that he wasn't going to ask.

Hannah said softly, "I've only been with two men in my whole life. Amanda's father, and someone else. I'm not a loose woman, Deke."

"I never really thought you were," he answered, "Or at least I really hoped you weren't. I didn't lie though, even if it was all true, I'd still be here to court you."

"Court me?" Hannah asked, choking up. "You want to court me?"

"Oh hell, Hannah," Deke said, swiping at the air, "I've been sweet on you since I first laid eyes on you. First my daddy said I shouldn't go near you, and then I got busy taking over the business when Daddy passed on."

"So," she asked, eyes wide with astonishment, "you really want to court me, like, maybe get serious?"

"Shoot," he laughed, "serious as serious can be. I think about you all the time. I see you taking your girl to school or church, or sometimes through the window at Crosby's, and I just wonder at how lovely you are. I mean, how can somebody so damned beautiful and perfect be available?"

"Now you're just blowing up my skirts," Hannah laughed.

"Fine," Deke said, looking a little hurt. "I'll be here on Saturday night, Hannah, and I'm bringing candy and flowers, and I'm going to make a fuss in town about it too. I'm going to leave early and make a bigger fuss about what a lady you are."

"What if I don't want you to leave early?" Hannah asked, so quietly she wasn't sure he heard, but he was staring into her eyes with a ferocious intensity. He stepped forward and pulled her to him, and he kissed her passionately. Hannah threw her arms around his neck and held on tightly, not hearing the thunk and glug, glug from her forgotten beer bottle as it fell to the ground and poured out. Hannah kissed Deke harder than she'd ever kissed before, delirious at the feeling of his big, strong hands on her waist, holding her.

They broke their kiss and both panted, smiling into each others eyes. Deke's eyes flicked down, and Hannah looked. She was surprised to see that she'd curled her legs up behind her, her ankles crossed. Deke had been supporting her like that for lord knows how long, and he wasn't even straining. One way or another, Hannah thought, I'm gonna need to put on some fresh underwear.

"Let's go inside," Hannah whispered, lowering her feet to the ground.

"No," Deke said, though his eyes betrayed his struggle. "I'm gonna court you, Hannah Wilcox."

"Please?" she asked, making big eyes and pouting.

"It's been a while, I guess?" Deke asked uncomfortably.

"My whole life," Hannah said. "I've been waiting for you my whole life."

Deke set his beer on the hood of the Toyota and said, "Then you can wait a while longer."

"Kiss me then?" Hannah asked, feeling like she was begging, but Deke was far more generous with his kisses and they enjoyed each others company for well over an hour, when Deke had to go, and Hannah had to get ready to pick up Amanda.

* * * * *

"Momma?" Amanda called, holding her skirt out in front of her. "Why do I have to wear my party dress for dinner?"

Hannah was busy, checking the chicken she had roasting in her tiny oven and making sure the green beans on the stove weren't burning, wearing only a slip and stockings, makeup on her left eye. She'd rushed home after work, and while Miss Elsie had kindly offered to help, Hannah was determined to make the evening perfect all by herself.

"Go watch television, Baby," Hannah answered, "Don't you make a mess now." She rushed back into Amanda's bedroom and finished making herself up, and brushed out her long golden blonde hair, and took a moment to examine herself in the mirror, biting her lower lip as she smiled. She looked good, she thought. She looked radiant.

Hannah put on her satin panties, thinking how some of her tighter pairs of shorts were more revealing, and stepped into her blue pumps before hurrying back to the kitchen to check the chicken again.

Hearing a truck outside, Hannah bolted for Amanda's room and put on her favorite dress, dark blue with tiny white flowers printed on the fabric. The skirt hung almost to her knees, and and the v-neck was tasteful, while the dress was body-hugging and emphasized her bosom. She hissed at herself in anger and quickly put in her little (fake) pearl stud earrings before running to answer the knock at her door.

Amanda had answered already, and Hannah slowed to a stop. Deke looked very handsome, dressed in a white shirt with buttons on the collar, black slacks, and brown boots that shined with fresh polish. He had a nice straw cowboy hat on, and was holding a big bouquet of flowers, roses, and a red box that was shaped like a heart.

"Momma," Amanda said as she turned around to face Hannah, her eyes bright, "Mr. Deke is here."

They ate around the tiny Formica table, and cramped as it was, Hannah was very pleased with how everything had turned out. After a dessert of vanilla ice cream, they all sat together on the sofa, Amanda on Hannah's lap, and watched television for a while.

"I'm going to tuck Amanda in," Hannah said, and pointed at Deke's chest. "Don't you move."

"Goodnight, Mr. Deke," Amanda said sweetly, rubbing her little blue eyes. Hannah took Amanda into her bedroom and closed the door, leaving Deke to watch the little screen as he waited. There was a soft knock at the door, and Deke answered, finding Arthur Jacobs, of all people, standing there with eyes like saucers.

"Hey Deke," Arthur said, craning his neck to see inside the trailer.

"Arthur," Deke acknowledged. The short man was a neighbor of Hannah's, Deke knew. "What can I do for you?" Arthur laughed nervously and held up his hands.

"I didn't know Hannah had other company tonight," he said. "I can come back tomorrow night."

"Is there anything you need, Arthur?" Deke asked, a note of impatience in his voice, an edge that made Art start to sweat.

"Uh, no Deke," Art said quickly. "It's just, well, me and Hannah have an arrangement, and if she doesn't have other company, well, she takes care of me. You know."

"Does she have arrangements with lots of gentlemen?" Deke asked darkly. Art laughed nervously and held up his hands.

"Hey now, Deke," he said as he backed down off of the stoop, "I'm not here to ruin your evening. Just let Hannah know I'll see her tomorrow."

Deke closed the door softly and he began to pace the small room. His heart pounded in his ears, and the pictures of Hannah entertaining the men from town came too easily to mind. Ready to punch something, Deke grabbed his hat and had his hand on the doorknob when Hannah came out of Amanda's room, smiling sweetly.

Hannah instantly saw that Deke was upset, not to mention the fact that he was leaving. "Deke?" she asked, freezing at Amanda's door. "What's wrong?"

"Arthur Jacobs called on you," he said quietly, darkly. "I'm sorry to have interrupted any plans, but he asked me to tell you he'd be back tomorrow night."

"Deke, I can explain!" Hannah cried as tears splashed down her cheeks, staining them with mascara.

"I can't hear it right now," Deke said, and he pulled the door open and left Hannah to throw herself onto her sofa and cry.

* * * * *

Art opened his door, blinking away the sleep. It was nearly three in the morning, but the pounding on his door was insistent. He flipped the switch to turn on his porch light and saw Hannah. She was beautiful in a pretty blue dress and heels, but her face was a mess from hours of crying.

He threw open the screen door and leaned out. "Hannah, what's wrong? What did Deke do to you?"

"You dirty son of a bitch!" Hannah wailed at him. "You couldn't let me have one good night? You couldn't let me have one chance to be happy?"

"Hannah, now, you hush yourself," Art said quietly, looking nervously around at the surrounding trailers.

"I like Deke Slade," Hannah continued. "He was courting me, you filthy motherfu-oh!" Hannah fell to her knees and her face in her hands, she wept loudly.

Wearing only his dirty white wife-beater shirt and loose boxers, Art stepped out of his door to comfort Hannah, but she pulled away from him and took off at a run into the darkness. He called after her, and then after a moment went back inside.

* * * * *

Miss Elsie's big black Buick pulled up to Hannah's trailer and she knocked on the door. She was dressed in her Sunday best with a new hat, and when she hadn't seen either Hannah or Amanda in church she'd been very worried, and had driven over immediately after instead of going to her sewing circle.

Amanda answered the door, looking as pretty as a princess, obviously ready for church herself. She looked frightened though, and more than a little sad.

"Good morning, Amanda," Miss Elsie said, "Is your mother at home this morning?"

"Yes, Miss Elsie," Amanda said, pushing the screen door open for the elderly woman. "Momma's sick I reckon, because she can't stop cryin'." When the door was closed, Amanda said, "She's layin' in my bed if you want to see her."

Miss Elsie thanked her and went into Amanda's room, closing the door behind her. Hannah lay on the little bed in her slip and ruined stockings. Her face was a mess of tears and makeup, and her hair was in tangles.

Miss Elsie sat on the bad and ran her heavily lined hand over Hannah's back, feeling her shudder as she sobbed. "There there, Child," Miss Elsie soothed, "Tell me what happened."

"Deke Slade came over to dinner last night," Hannah said slowly, holding back her sniffles, "and when I was putting Amanda to bed, Art stopped over and said something that made Deke mad, and he left."

"I see," Miss Elsie said, "And could he have said something about your little 'arrangement' to Deke?" When Hannah didn't answer, Miss Elsie said, "I told you, Child, that arrangement of yours was going to be trouble later. Now that time's come."

Miss Elsie stood and straightened her dress. "Young lady, I am going to take Amanda for her Sunday ice cream and then to my sewing circle with me. When I bring her back home this afternoon, I expect you to tell me that you've spoken with Deke Slade and resolved this."

Standing in the doorway, Miss Elsie looked back at Hannah and said, "The next time you feel like being broken hearted on a Sunday, you call me so Amanda can get to church, you hear?" She didn't wait for a response, leaving quietly.

Hannah heard the giant old Buick start and pull away, and she got up off of the bed and went in to shower. She didn't know what she would say, had no idea what was going to happen, but she would rather face the wrath of Deke Slade than defy Miss Elsie.

* * * * *

Hannah drove slowly up the paved country lane that was lined with trees on either side. Around the bend, she pulled to a top in front of the beautiful two story wooden home, parking next to Deke's pickup. She got out and walked to the house, climbing the steps onto the spacious covered porch, and pressed the button to ring the bell.

She was so nervous that she shook. She'd cleaned herself up and dressed in a simple white square-necked peasant blouse and loose blue jeans with socks and sneakers. Her hair hung loose, and she wore no makeup.

The door opened and Deke looked at her, unsmiling. He too wore jeans, but he was barefoot and his red plaid work shirt was open and untucked. He didn't appear to have shaved, as a shadow of dark stubble covered his lip, cheeks, and chin.

"Deke," Hannah croaked, fighting back her tears.

"Hannah," Deke said through the screen, "I don't think we have anything to say to each other."

"Please!" Hannah cried, her tears spilling. "Let me explain, Deke." When the door closed, Hannah fell to her knees and folded her hands on her lap. Her head hung and she cried.

When the door opened again, Deke looked down on Hannah and said, "You've been sitting there for more than three hours, Woman." She looked up with dry eyes, her tears failing an hour before. "Don't you have any pride?"

"Not anymore," Hannah answered. "I need to explain, Deke. Even if you never talk to me again, I owe you an explanation, and you owe me the courtesy of hearing me."

The screen door opened and Deke stepped outside. He took a seat on a big, homemade wooden chair and leaned forward, his elbows on his knees. He didn't say a word, only watched her get up and stand in front of him, wringing her hands.

"Before we talked, I was lonely, Deke. All of the men in town think I'm a whore, and I'm not, but that was what they expected from me. I couldn't date, and I certainly couldn't play around."

"Then, Art Jacobs moved to town, and we got to be friendly. He's not the prettiest man, and he and I, well, we came to an agreement. He didn't have feelings for me, and I definitely do not have any feelings for him, but we agreed to get together whenever the ache got to be too bad, you know?"

"I've only been with him a few times, really. It doesn't mean anything, and I was going to tell him the agreement was over because I was being courted by you, but I didn't see him to tell him. Then he came by and I don't know what he told you, but I swear to you, Deke, I'm not lying to you, and I never will."

Hannah watched Deke watch her, afraid to move, let alone speak again. He sat back and took a deep breath, and after a few minutes he leaned forward again.

"Who's Amanda's daddy?" he asked, and Hannah's shoulders slumped and her hands dropped to her sides.

"I can't tell you that, Deke," she said, her eyes downcast. "I will, I promise, but I can't tell you right now. For that you have to trust me." When he didn't say anything after a minute, Hannah said, "He isn't Art Jacobs."

"Why can't you tell me, Hannah?" Deke asked simply.

"Amanda's father and I went out exactly one time, but I thought I was in love and that he loved me. Amanda came from that one date, and I cherish my baby girl more than the world, Deke. I'm afraid that if his family found out, they'd take her away from me."

"When do you plan on telling him?" Deke asked, seeming more curious than angry then.

"He knows," Hannah said softly. "He doesn't want anything to do with me or her, but his family, well, they're important. We made a deal that when I got married he'd sign the papers so Amanda could be adopted by her new, her real daddy."

LitRiter
LitRiter
116 Followers