Smile for Me Ch. 02

Story Info
He found her again in a real dark place.
2.8k words
4.71
14k
9

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/23/2022
Created 03/21/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After explaining to her roommates what had happened they ran over to her and enveloped her in a huge bear hug and all Irene could do was start crying again.

"How the hell did he get into the apartment?" Reese demanded to know "Cause I'll kill his ass!!"

"Well I let him in," Lydia said guilty, "he said he was gonna hang out and wait for Irene to come home so I assumed she would've been back shortly because I had to go to work. I'm sorry Rene I didn't know baby." Lydia hugged her tighter and rubbed her back.

"Girl it's not your fault, I'm an idiot for believing that he was different." Irene said "Two years, two...fucking years of my life that I can never get back."

"Irene, you can't go blaming yourself sweetheart you didn't know, how could you have known?"

"Whatever, it's over now. Now ladies if you would excuse me" Irene said looking down at her watch. "I have to get ready for work" she said walking back towards the apartment. Reese and Lydia just stared at each other and back at Irene shrugging the matter away as they followed her letting the box seethe as the flames started to die down. They were sure either Irene would take what was left of Drew's stuff to him or decide to throw it in the trash.

Kamikaze's was hopping just like it usually did on a Friday night, and Irene was busy behind the bar pouring shots, and beers while the people started rolling in. It was going on twelve forty-five and it was still rather early, people didn't really start showing up until about one o'clock. She watched as people both drunk and sober were dancing and grabbing on each other, Irene just smiled at herself and thought that it was going to be a routine night, few girl fights, spilled beer everywhere, and the occasional puke fest in the bathrooms and out back behind the bar.

Irene's back was turned to the bar as she made change for the one dollar beer she had just sold, she spun herself back facing the bar handing over the change to the guy and kept it moving. She had only been at work for forty-five minutes and she was sweating like a pig already. She was mixing drinks and serving beer and everybody was having a great time but she felt like she was being watched. She scanned the bar and to her left she saw a pair of eyes,and a dangerous smirk to match. It was Garrett, she smiled to herself walking down the length of the bar stopping in front of him putting her elbows on top of the wet surface. Garret just looked at her still with a smirk on his face tapping his fingers on the bar.

"Now what kind of girl works at a bar?"

Irene chuckled to herself, "The kind that has to pay for rent, books, and food, what can I get you Garrett?"

"Ah she remembers me! I must have made an amazing first impression" He said winking at her. She felt her insides start to boil at his nonverbal passes.

"Well that depends, you didn't go photo shopping those pictures of me and use them as a porn ad did ya?" Irene said accusingly as she raised an eyebrow pointing at him.

"Hush woman you're gonna get me in trouble" He said holding a finger up to his puckered lips as if he were about to hush her.

"So what will it be Mr. Garrett?" Irene asked again

"Well I was hoping for a dance but I'll settle for a rum and coke." Irene smiled and nodded proceeding to mix his drink while Garrett grabbed a few bucks out of his wallet to pay her. She placed his drink on the bar sliding it in his direction, and proceeded to walk away to fill another order but before she even let go of the drink and got too far Garrett grabbed her hand. Irene spun around to face him prepared to ask if his drink was alright.

"Hey listen," he paused, still holding her hand in his. Irene just looked at him with that "well out with it" look.

"If you ever get a break throughout the night, I want a dance from my new favorite bartender" he said thrusting his hips up into the air. Irene just laughed, throwing her head back as her laughter got swallowed in the noise of the crowd and loud music

"I'm serious girl ill jump my ass over this bar!" he said mockingly throwing his leg over the slippery surface. Irene laughed even harder as she playfully put her hands on his chest pushing him back.

"I promise I promise" she said finally getting her laughter subdued.

"Save a dance for me" Garrett grabbed her hand as her fingertips slid down his stomach and before letting go he brought her hand up to his full lips and kissed them gently. Releasing her he grabbed his drink saluting her, thanking her again for making it for him leaving his money on the bar and slipped away into the crowd.

Irene worked fast throughout the night periodically scanning the sea of people to hopefully catch a glimpse of him, hoping he would come back to the bar to chat her up and distract her from the drunk, babbling, Neanderthals trying to stir up trouble but no such luck.

Two o'clock started to roll around and people finally started to stagger out of Kamikaze's in a drunken haze, while Irene stood behind the bar washing and drying shot glasses.

"Hey Irene, do me a favor and sweep up the main floor for me!" Ron yelled from the cooler.

"You sure you don't need any help with those cases?"

"Yeah I got it; besides you're not even supposed to be here, you really helped me out tonight."

She just smiled, "Oh come on you know I'd do anything for you especially after everything you've done for me these last couple of years."

"Hey, hey don't go getting all mushy on me, you're the best bartender I have I can't over work you!"

"Ha, like you're doing right now?"

"Hey, I'm paying you over time aren't I?"

"Oh yes because I love the money" she said sarcastically "well I do love the money but still you're my friend Ron not just my boss, we take care of each other."

"Damn straight, now as your friend I want you to get some rest, after you finish sweeping of course." Ron said plastering a huge grin on his face

"Ha alright I'll lock up when I leave out"

"Good girl" Ron gave Irene a wink.

Irene finished cleaning mugs and shot glasses and grabbed a broom starting at the back door of the bar and made her way up to the DJ booth.

"Ahem." Irene looks over her shoulder to find her new friend perched up against a pillar chewing on a tooth pick. "I'm back for my dance" He says in a gentle voice. She turns to face him completely, the broom still in her hand.

"Ha well if you don't mind dancing to the sound of a mob of drunk people falling over themselves then let's groove."

"Ha, you're funny" Garrett said digging his hand into his back pants pocket. "Lucky for you I have music in the palm of my hand." He pulled out his Iphone and started scrolling through what seemed to be his secret stash of tunes.

"What do you like? A little Garth Brooks, you seem like the country type," The corners of Irene's lips turned up into a slight smile "Or, maybe Elton John some Benny and the Jets?"

"BENAYE!!" Irene sang into the broom handle like a microphone and Garrett just laughed.

"Elton it is then!" He said chuckling, he turned the volume up to its highest setting and set it on the dj booth and held out his hand. Irene stood staring into his palm as a coy smile washed over her face as she slid her fingertips into his hand. He pulled her close to him wrapping an arm around her waist keeping her lightly pinned against his hard chest. He smirked warmly as he looked into her eyes taking in the feel of her body against him, he liked the way she fit into his arms, her curves and skin made him think that this little dance could be the start of something interesting.

Irene was starting to feel like she was a character in one of those black and white movies where she feels herself falling in love with the attractive and very eccentric man that's new to town. She met this guy not even eight hours before and here she is in his arms feeling like her body was about to explode into flames from just being in his embrace not even for two minutes. This was a feeling she thought she'd never share with anyone other than Drew but she was prepared to enjoy this for as long as the song played before she tripped and fell back to reality.

They danced around the main floor swaying back and forth as the chorus sang out from Garrett's phone. The front door to the bar was open and a crowd of screaming people passed by. A shadow from the door way caught Irene's eye and she squinted hard trying to make out the figure as it emerged into the dim light. She froze hiding behind Garrett's frame as he looked down at her confused waiting for her to look up at him.

"Something wrong?" He asked looking down at her as she peered at whatever it was that has stolen her attention.

"Irene?" A deep voice sounded out. She slowly backed away from Garrett's arms staring over his shoulder as he turned around to see who that voice was coming from. Drew Stepped further into the light the colorful strobes lighting up half of his face and then going dark again momentarily before the next strobe hit.

"What do you want?"

"I want another chance babe, we've been through too much not to try and make it work."

She just closed her eyes tight and inhaled sharply "Drew there's nothing to work out"

"Oh come on Irene I made a stupid mistake, I need a second chance" He said stepping closer pressing his palms together placing them to his lips praying for her forgiveness.

Irene rolled her eyes behind closed lids crossing her arms over her chest "No you need to get it through your thick skull that I don't want anything to do with you Drew. You have no right to come up here asking for forgiveness after what you did today!"

Garrett just stood in between the two his eyes darting back and forth like he was at Wimbledon watching Serena Williams whoop on her sister.

"Now wait that's not fair" Drew spat.

"No, No what's not fair is me coming home to my apartment to find my ex, emphasis on ex boyfriend that would be you" she said viciously pointing at him "banging some hoe in my room butt-ass naked! That isn't fair Drew." Garrett just looked at the rage in her eyes and he stepped back not wanting any part of her wrath subjected on him.

"So this is where it ends Drew don't call me, don't try to wait a few days and hope that I cool down and try to patch things up, oh and don't try to stop by my place to get all your stuff either because I burned that shit earlier in the parking lot after you left."

Drew just stood there eyes wide open as if he'd just gotten shot, and boy did she shoot him down. He slowly processed everything that was just said, or in this case yelled to him. He looked Irene in the eyes for what seemed to be the last time and just sucked his teeth and retreated from the bar back onto the streets. As soon as Drew left Irene felt her anger subside and she took a long, deep breath.

Garrett was taken a back for a second as he processed what just happened. He had never witnessed a woman giving her ex a verbal beat down before, and he couldn't help the smirk that snuck up across his face. He kind of liked that Irene was so straight forward about how she felt, was he getting turned on by her bluntness? Was the coy girl he met earlier that afternoon really a spit fire who didn't take even the slightest bit of crap from anyone? Whichever it was he was definitely digging her, and he wanted to see what the real Irene is like.

Irene saw Garrett starring at her and she wasn't sure if she should be creeped out or flattered that he was starring so thoughtfully at her. She felt the lull set in and she figured she'd better say something before it got more awkward than it already was after her public display of hatred towards Drew just a second ago.

"Sorry you had to see that, I'm not normally like that at all" Finally Garrett broke his gaze and his smirk turned into a toothy smile.

"No, don't be." He said "It's actually really refreshing, you don't see a lot of women busting balls like that every day" He said digging his hands into his pockets.

"Yeah it's a hobby of mine I crush dreams and scrotums too." He just chuckled. Irene shrugged nonchalantly crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well, hopefully I never give you a reason to crush either of those."

"What makes you think you'll be around long enough to find out?" He smirked slightly cocking his head to one side taking a step closer to her,

"well, you haven't tossed me out of the bar on my ass yet so I'm chalking that up to my plain old charm" he said winking at her. She just shook her head and smiled.

"Anyway I must bid goodnight to my favorite bartender but I was wondering," he said pulling one of his hands out of his pocket to scratch the back of his head, "If you'd like to go out some time? I mean I know you just gave your ex the ball bashing of a life time but I'd really like to see you again."

Irene just arched an eye brow looking at him. "I mean if you don't want to I totally understand."

"oh stop it, yes." She said cutting him off "I'd like to hang out with you again sometime." He smiled with a sigh of relief grabbing his phone handing it to her so she could punch in her number. She handed him his phone back and as he retrieved it the warm pads of his fingertips felt the silky smoothness of her hands. Her skin felt better than it looked earlier when he initially met her. He held onto her hand running his thumb back and forth over the back of her hand. His touch ignited something in her, as warm as her body was from one touch she broke out in goose bumps.

Garrett pulled her closer to his body, she could feel the muscles tense underneath his clothes while her soft curves had his body wanting to writhe in the most sexual, knee quacking way. Irene thought of pulling away but her body wouldn't let her and before she knew it his lips were softly pressed against hers. His swift movement surprised her but her shock quickly wore off as she started to run her hands up his thick chest draping them over his broad shoulders. He parted her lips with his tongue and pulled her body closer to his.

She moaned against his lips and the sweet vibrations from her mouth to his made his groin swell. Garrett squeezed his eyes tight cursing himself for what he was about to do and he released her stepping back leaving Irene alone in the kiss. She reluctantly opened her eyes to find him starring her and all she wanted to do was reattach herself to his lips as she noticed how swollen they had gotten but instead sighed in defeat.

Garrett smirked and lifted her chin so he could get a look at her eyes "now now, don't go sulking on me, there's definitely more where that came from." He stepped in closer and her body got hot again as he pressed a kiss against her cheek and whispered in her ear."I'll be calling you Irene." He back tracked towards the door and winked at her once more before disappearing into the night. Irene just stood there licking her lips nibbling on the bottom one thinking about what just happened. "I hope he calls" she thought.