So Close Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
gyynb
gyynb
16 Followers

You're not that fuckin cute! Matt thought. He was pissed. It was on the tip of his tongue to say fuck it, I'm done. You think those two idiots he hired are so useful, why don't they do the report. Oh yeah, they're morons! If those two had done their share Matt never would have had to come in on Saturday, and he wouldn't be in this mess.

"Yes sir, it will get done today." Matt answered instead. Maybe if he just agreed to everything it would get him out of here sooner.

"That will be all Mr. Taylor." John dismissed him. Matt got up and walked to the door. "Oh, Mr. Taylor?" John asked.

"WHAT?" Matt snapped back. John just looked at him, eyebrow raised. "I mean, um, yes Mr. Hogan?" Matt corrected. Oops he thought.

"I was just going to say, make sure you don't being a date to the party," John answered. Matt's mouth dropped open. What do you mean no date? John continued, "While this is a party, it is still a work function. You will be getting paid for this, so I expect your full attention on Saturday."

"Fine." Matt walked through the door and shut it. He didn't bother trying to be polite; he was too pissed for that. No not pissed he thought to himself as he sat down at his desk. He was fed up. He booted up his computer and leaned his head on his fist while he waited. Not only do I have to go to a party with a bunch of people I don't like, but I have to do it alone now. Oh well, he mused to himself, just one more thing that I do alone. His computer started, and John pulled up the budget report. Best get this shit done I guess, he told himself.

It was two hours later when john finally finished the report. He read it over and sent it to the printer. While he waited for the printer to heat up he stood at his desk and stretched. Sitting for hours straight was not good for his back, and he was starting to feel it. He stretched and yawned again, his shirt rising to show a few tanned inches of skin as he did. Matt heard a noise behind him and turned around, mouth still open mid yawn. John stood in the doorway of his office looking at the floor.

"I um, I, did you get that report finished yet?" John stammered.

"Yep, I have I right here actually," He answered, wonder what Johns problem was now. He never looked at the floor when he talked to someone; that would show a sign of weakness. "It's printing right now."

"Oh ok, good, good." John replied, looking matt in the eyes. Wow, those are pretty Matt thought, before snapping himself out of it. He handed the report to his boss, hoping that the report was done to his satisfaction, yet not really caring if it was. He was hungry and needed more coffee, and still had all that ridiculous shopping to do.

"Oh, one more thing," John said before he went back into his office, "Can you make some calls to find a decent DJ for the party too? Just make sure that they will play a variety of music. We don't need a bunch of grown adults doing that bumping and grinding shit."

"I can do that," Matt replied laughing. "Is there any type of music you prefer to have to dance to then?" He could feel heat creeping into his face; he could believe he's just asked his boss what kind of music he danced to.

"Anything that is pleasing to the majority," John answered. "And for your information, I don't dance."

"Okay then...I'll see what I can do." Who doesn't dance? Matt wondered to himself.

"Thank you Mr. Taylor." John said with a smile, returning to his office.

Woahhh is he drunk Matt wondered. He never smiles. Am I drunk? That couldn't have just happened. Laughing to himself, he sat back at his desk and picked up his phone. 6000 calls to make then maybe I can go home he thought, as he dialed the first number.

*****

Friday afternoon...

Matt was sitting at his desk when his phone rang.

"Can you come in here for a minute?" John asked.

"Yes, sir, be right there." Matt answered, standing and walking into the office. "Did you need something Mr. Hogan?"

"I just wanted to make sure that everything was ready for the party," John answered.

"The caterers will be here at 4:00 to start setting up. They are bringing everything with them including the cake, and dinner will start at 6:00. The DJ is going to show up at 7:00 to begin his set up, and that is when the drinks for the party will be delivered as well. I've hired two bartenders who will get here at the same time as the booze to start getting ready. The guests have all been informed of the party, and most have confirmed their attendance. I have informed the local cab company that we will be having a party and they are aware that they are to have some people on standby. Also, I have been assured by the DJ that there will be 'no bumping and grinding shit'. Sir." Matt answered. He hoped that he covered everything that was needed for this party. If he missed something he was sure he would hear about it.

"You could have just said that yes, everything is ready for the party Matt." John replied smiling. "I really appreciate all of the effort that you have put into this."

"It wasn't a problem sir," Matt answered. Matt? When did he start calling me Matt, he wondered.

"If that was all, I was just about to leave, I'm done for today."

"That was everything, thank you, see you tonight." John replied.

"Um, yeah, see you," Matt answered on his way out the door. He shook his head as he shut it behind him. That was weird right? He wished there was someone around to ask. Oh well. Matt grabbed his bag and keys from the desk and walked to the elevator whistling. Work party, or no work party, he was planning on having a good time tonight. He deserved it.

Matt walked through the double doors and walked to his car. Opening the door and getting in, he relaxed for the first time that day. This job must be getting to me, he thought, rubbing the tension from his neck while putting the keys in the ignition. Turning the key and waiting, it took him a minute to realize that his car wasn't starting. Holy fucking perfect he thought. This cannot be happening. He turned the key again and got the same result. Fuck me he thought. He left his bag in the car, and locked his doors before walking back into the building. He walked up to the front desk to ask to use the phone when he heard a voice behind him.

"Matt?"

Fucking lovely, he thought. He turned around and there was John, with a questioning look on his face. "I thought you left already. You have to be back here in two hours to make sure everything is running smoothly for this party. What are you doing?"

Matt sighed. He could feel his neck tensing up again. "My car won't start so I have to call a tow company and then call Alex to come pick me up."

John shook his head, "Come on then," he said striding toward the door briefcase in hand. Matt took a minute to admire the view of John from behind before he realized John was looking back at him.

"Um what? Come on where?" He asked.

"I can give you a drive home," John answered. "It's on my way anyway. And you may as well leave your car here for the night anyway, there's nothing you can do about it tonight, it's the weekend. There are no shops open. Unless you want to pay their weekend tow rates. It's up to you." John turned and kept walking.

Matt thought about accepting the drive from John. It couldn't hurt anything right? He hadn't thought about the tow fee, plus by the time Alex got here Matt wouldn't have enough time to get ready for the party. Here goes nothing he thought. "Alright, wait up," he muttered, jogging to catch up to his boss.

gyynb
gyynb
16 Followers
12