Somebody That I Used to Know Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You see Maggie or the kids at all?"

Lexi could see the smile slowly disappear from Liam's face. "No, I haven't seen either of them since we ran into them a few years ago. I don't even know what they're doing right now."

"Sorry for bringing it up."

"No it's fine, they're my kids and they were bound to come up. It's my fault that I lost them anyway."

"Why did you cheat on Maggie?"

"I don't know. I honestly don't know."

Alexandra took Liam's hand in hers and squeezed softly, letting him know she was there for him.

"I sometimes wonder if Maggie recognized me when we saw her."

"Unlikely, remember she thought you were just some junkie I found."

"I know, but I like to think that somehow she knew, that she remembered that time at the warehouse."

Liam laughed at the memory. "Oh god I remember that, how long ago was that, eight, nine years ago?"

"Nearly eleven, I was only 19 when we met."

"Jesus what a night. I finally got Adam to play the guitar again, he hadn't touched the damn thing in months. What did we sing again?"

"Hotel California. Such a lovely place."

"Such a lovely face."

Alexandra looked up, she saw that Liam was looking right at her, she got the double meaning of what he said and blushed.

"Can I ask you something? What happened to you and Adam, at the warehouse I mean? You weren't with the rest of us when the police came."

Her blush got redder. "Ah yeah, about that. I needed to pee so Adam came outside to guard me and while we were out the police showed up and we ran. We went back to his place and that's when we... you know."

"You popped his cherry that night."

"Don't remind me."

"Ha, was he that bad."

"No, the exact opposite. So what happened to you?

"Ah I got booked. We were trespassing and technically thieving since we took a lot of stuff from those crates. Most people ran off but some of us stayed and since I was the apparent 'ring leader' I got the brunt of the charge. Had to do a few months community service."

"Aw, poor baby."

"Too right, almost missed Katie's birth because of fuckin street sweeping, people are disgusting animals."

"After the room we shared I know what you mean."

Liam had to laugh at that, the place had been disgusting, looking back he couldn't believe he actually lived in that wasteland. He turned to Alexandra, the sad smile all too evident on her face.

"Do you regret it, getting hooked?" He seemed to ask himself that just as much as her.

"Honestly. No. No I needed to hit rock bottom, you remember how I was a teen, I was a slut, I fucked guys left and right, one-night-stand after one-night-stand, all of them meaningless, just using my body because that's all I was good for, a junkie whore was just the next step down for me. If you hadn't sent me smashing into the dirt I think I would've made myself comfortable there. You woke me up and set me right."

"I know what you mean, I was the same, needed to hit bottom to stop. It was actually Adam who made me realise how bad I was."

"Was that to do with what happened in Vegas?"

"Yeah, I don't know if you know but while in Vegas Adam turned to coke and whores."

Alexandra had to laugh, mostly in shock, partly because she didn't know what else to do. "Oh god, coke and whores. Jesus Adam."

"I know, he wasn't the same man I knew from college, when I saw how far he'd fallen, how weak and pathetic he was it reminded me of us, how far we fell. I made the decision there and then I was going to get clean, I was giving up the stuff and I was going to..."

"Going to what?"

Liam suddenly tense up, he went bright red from embarrassment. "Well, uh, I was, you know, going to, kinda... win you back."

Alexandra's heart surged and she felt that same embarrassed heat flow through her. She couldn't think of anything to say but the smile on her face spoke for her.

"I liked you Alexandra, all through that horrible time we had you were the best part about it. I wanted to be with you when I was sober. It's silly I know."

Lexi stopped walking, Liam stopped with her after a couple more steps, he turned and they stared at each other, both knowing this next step was critical.

"No, not silly. Sweet. You know, you can still win me if you want, it's an easy competition."

Liam's laugh was nervous but genuine. Moving slowly he cupped Alexandra's face and kissed her, a soft, simple kiss but one that held a love hidden away for too long. Alexandra felt herself melt into Liam's arms, she wanted to go back to her place, and not just to trick him with her pregnancy.

Fuck, that damn pregnancy, the whole reason she was here. This could've been so easy, just a quick fuck and an accidental knocking up. Why did she have to fall for Liam?

Liam felt the change in her body language and pulled away, he looked at her, concerned for her. "You alright Alexandra?"

"Yeah, I'm just... just confused. The only man I ever thought I loved has fucked me over more times than I can count so I'm weary about relationships. But being with you, I think I can fall for you pretty easily. I don't know if it's the fuzzy memories of happiness I had with you or if we really do have that connection everybody looks for but I'm starting to feel it."

While still one of her famous half-truths, that was the most truthful Alexandra had ever been in her life.

Liam smiled and Alexandra felt a weight lift from her shoulders, he hadn't freaked out, he hadn't ran, he stayed with her. He gently cupped her face and looked into her eyes, into her soul if she believed she still had one.

"I think I love you too Alexandra."

That was all it took, the return of her feelings from a man she cared for, that was all it took for Lexi to turn into a child inside, giddy and excited and terrified all at once. She wrapped her arms around Liam and held tightly, afraid to let him leave.

"Liam?"

"Yeah?"

"Call me Lexi."

*

After their long delayed heart-to-heart, Liam and Lexi returned to Lexi's house, both emotionally drained from the experience.

"Well." Said Lexi as she unlocked her front door. "That certainly was the more interesting first date I've ever had."

"What do you mean first? We went out for about eight months."

"Doesn't count if you don't remember any of it."

"I remember all of it."

God she had to have him. "You want to come in for a coffee?"

"Depends, is it coffee or something hotter?"

Good answer she thought, where was this Liam three years ago. "The second one." She admitted bashfully.

"That's what I wanted to hear."

No sooner had Lexi opened the door than Liam dashed forward and enveloped her into his arms, the heat between them only intensified as it became one, two broken hearts melting together. Kissing each other frantically, passionately, Liam and Alexandra fell into the living room, slamming the door behind them they pushed themselves into the room until they found the arm of the couch. Alexandra sat down, bringing her head to Liam's chest level, while she unbuttoned his shirt he set about pulling off her top, her weight had increased to a healthy amount since they were last together and as a result had increased her bust size, not as big as it was when she was a teen but still impressive, as evidence by Liam's admiration of them.

Wrenching off her bra, Liam left Lexi topless as he pushed her down onto the sofa and lay on top of her, his mouth tasting her nipples and her hands never leaving her body but never staying still for very long. The way his mouth felt as it kissed every part of her breasts, the way his hands glided over her body, treating her like a queen, like a treasure, it was heaven, she almost couldn't believe it was happening to her. When she felt her jeans suddenly get looser she looked down, Liam was taking her trousers off.

She liked Liam being assertive, getting what he wanted, it reminded her of when she was younger, how Adam had taken her violently, how she wanted him to assault her, take her willingly against her will. Her natural submissive side had shone that day and was glimmering once again after too long. A sudden shot of pleasure burst through her and she silently cursed herself for bringing up Adam when she had Liam being more of a friend and lover to her than her cousin ever did.

Liam had his head between her legs, his face pushing into her soft panties, the smooth fabric of her underwear combined with the warm, wet feeling of Liam's tongue was driving Lexi wild. She held onto him, pushing his head deeper into her, her arousal clouding everything. She didn't even Liam had taken off her panties until kissed her bare pussy.

"Li... Liam. Please. Fuck me please goddamit."

Liam smile to himself, his male pride that he could give Lexi this amount of pleasure was loving this. He had half a mind to make her beg but it'd been a while for him since he last fucked someone as well. Dropping his trousers Liam crawled his way on top of Lexi, kissing her body as he lined up below her, the familiar feel of her cunt drew him in.

Feeling Liam push into her, Lexi braced herself, a quick fuck with Adam didn't undo over two years of celibacy so she was still tighter than she would've liked, Liam slowed down when he struggled to get inside her. Kissing her softly as he did.

"Sorry, guess it has been a while."

"Last I checked you were the last one in here." That lie burned in her stomach.

"Why do I think you're lying?" Lexi nearly panicked but realised Liam was joking.

"You shouldn't think like that, I'm a good girl. I never lie."

"If you're good then I've no interest in you."

Lexi slapped his arm for that. "You asshole Liam, and just when I thought you were a nice boy."

"Are you sure we've met, I've never been nice."

"You have so, silly boy."

"I'm older than you."

"You have the mentality of a stroppy teenager and the emotional range of a kettle."

"Tell me what you really feel."

The two of them laughed, it felt good to laugh, it felt natural. They kissed again and held each other, rocking back and forth in rhythm, a world away from the passionate outburst just moments ago, now they felt the connection.

They weren't gone long when Lexi felt Liam stiffen and something shoot inside her, it was only a split second to realise it was Liam's cum. He looked up at her, his eyes showing the fear he was hiding, fear that she would think less of him.

"I'm sorry Lexi, I should've told you I was nearly there, it's just been a while and..."

"Shh, it's ok. I'm not angry. We both made the mistake and we'll deal with it as we can. Alright?"

"Alright. So you're not mad? We can do this again? Not 'THIS' this but like see each other."

"I'd love that, you can stay the night if you want, we'll order pizza, chat a bit then go to bed."

"Sounds good."

True to her word Alexandra ordered them a pizza, talked about the old days then made love together one more time before falling asleep together. Well Liam did, Lexi lay awake, wondering how long to wait before telling Liam she was pregnant.

*

She decided to wait a couple months to tell him, that would allow her to blame a couple missed periods as the reason for her pregnancy test. She had no idea how Liam would react but she had to tell him, she went to his house and sat him down, while happy to see her, the look on her face worried Liam.

"I'm pregnant."

Actually saying the words out loud felt like a weight was lifted off Lexi, if only for a moment. Still, a moment of freedom was better than none. Liam looked as though she has just slapped him in the face with a wet haddock,

"Liam, you ok?"

"Um, yeah. Yeah I'm... I'm... What?"

"I said I'm pregnant."

"Right, right that's what I thought. Ok. Are, are you sure?"

"Positive."

Liam chuckled nervously. "Positive, that's... that's a good one. Is it mine?"

"Jesus Liam, how could you even ask..."

"Sorry but given you're history I just wanted to, y'know, be sure."

"Well let's see, the last guy I slept with was you, and before that was three years ago and it was you again."

"Right I'm sorry. What are going to do?"

"I'm keeping it. I can't lose another baby. You don't need to be involved or anything, I just thought you should know."

"What makes you think I don't want to be involved?"

Now it was Alexandra's turn to be confused. "What?"

The smile on Liam's face added to her confusion as he held her hands. "Lexi, I fucked up my relationship with Maggie and I lost two kids who I haven't seen in god knows how long. This is my second chance, my redemption, I'm a father again and I'm going to be the best damn one I can be. I won't leave you, I won't cheat on you because I love you, more than I ever did with Maggie. I want this family, and I want it with you."

Lexi's shoulder's felt close to breaking with the guilt piling on her, but she put on a happy face and kissed Liam. "I'm glad you want to help me, I've no idea what to do."

"I know a couple things, you could talk to your Aunt Claire."

"That's a good idea, I'll need to tell her anyway. Are you going to tell Maggie?"

"I'll have to, my kids need to know they have a new sibling, doubt she'll be pleased but I couldn't give a fuck."

"Watch your language, the baby can hear everything you say."

"Give it a couple months, when that thing becomes a person, then I'll stop. But until then I can say I want to fuck your juicy cunt hard all I want."

"What did I ever see in you?"

The new couple laughed and fell into bed, making love in celebration of the life they created together.

At least that's what one of them thought.

*

"You're what?"

It was April, Lexi had moved in with Liam and was living happily - the constant guilt notwithstanding - as a couple. She'd taken her time to tell her Aunt Claire, it wasn't long since her husband had died so Lexi didn't want to burden her with any big news. By now though her bump was getting hard to hide so she decided it was time to tell her.

Claire didn't take the news well.

"I said I was pregnant."

"Yeah I got that, Alexandra Buchannan, what were you thinking?"

"I wasn't, it was an accident I swear."

"Who's the father, please don't tell me it's...

"It's Liam. I haven't been with Adam since... since my last baby."

Claire recognized the sadness in her nieces eyes and wrapped an arm around her. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, it's just the history you and my son have. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, it's not like this is your first pregnancy."

"It's the first I'm going to carry to term, I'm having this baby."

"That's your choice and I'll accept whatever you choose."

Claire kissed Alexandra's head and held her close, the two of them shared a deep relationship and this was another one of those moments that reminded Lexi why her aunt was more of a mother to her than her own one.

Claire broke the silence. "So. Liam huh?"

Lexi blushed. "Yeah, we sorta got together after New Year's, one thing lead to another and here we are. I know it's silly but we do have some history there..."

"I don't think seven months high as a kite counts as history."

"Well we do, and we're happy."

"I can see, as long as you're happy then I'm happy for you."

There was a silence again as Lexi figured out how to phrase what she had to say next.

"Aunt Claire, can you not tell Adam about this."

"What?"

"I don't want Adam to know that I'm pregnant, especially since it's with Liam's kid."

"Why not?"

"Adam and Liam have bad blood when it comes to me, they came to fights over it in Vegas. I know Adam's with Kay but I don't want anything brought up again."

"Ok, but I don't see..."

"Aunt Claire. Please. I don't want Adam to know. I'll tell him when I'm ready."

Claire was suspicious of Alexandra's motives but she didn't question them, not when those suspicions were just that. Besides, Lexi's reasons - while weak in Claire's eyes - did make some sense so maybe she was over thinking things.

Later that night Claire got a phone-call, a strange time to be called at, she was getting ready for bed, confused and a little angry she answered.

"Yeah?"

"Mum, it's Adam. I didn't wake you did I?"

Ah Adam, the time difference made sense for the late time. "No, no. I was just about to get ready for bed. What's going on?"

"Well mum, me and Kay have some news. She's pregnant."

"Pregnant. Jesus I just got over the first one now you kids are giving me another heart attack."

"First? Who else is pregnant?"

Shit, Claire had almost spilt too much, Lexi didn't want Adam to know yet for some reason, Claire didn't understand but she wasn't about to disrespect Alexandra's wishes.

"Oh just some friend of mine, young girl. You don't know her. I thought you said you weren't having any kids yet."

"Things happen mum, this wasn't planned but we're happy."

"Well I'm glad to hear that son. Just make sure you know what you're doing in time for the baby."

"I will mum, thanks. See you later."

"Bye son."

Claire hung up and went to bed, sleep didn't come easy, her son and niece were growing up, they were both in their 30s but she still saw them as children, now they were having children of their own. She wondered how Lexi would react to Adam having a kid, should she even tell Lexi?

Claire just put them out of her mind and turned on her side, these kids were too crazy fro her to deal with right now.

*

Liam paced up and down the waiting room, his patience getting shorter as every doctor that came through those double doors made him jump, if Claire hadn't been with him he might have burst.

The date was October 1st, two weeks before Alexandra's due date and her water had broken sometime during the night, she had been in labour for 20 hours. Liam had heard no word about her in so long, he couldn't sleep from the worry, that was his child in there, premature or not he would love them. He only wished he would get the chance to.

Claire comforted the very nervous Liam, she was impressed with him and Lexi over the past five months, Liam took to fatherhood (again she noted to herself) with ease and you could tell he loved Lexi. They made a good couple and their past was a non-entity to them.

In the corner of her eye she saw Liam nod off before suddenly jumping back awake. She giggled.

"You can sleep Liam, I'll wake you if there's news."

"Yeah, yeah. Thanks. I guess I should catch some rest. I'm just worried is all."

"I know you are, soon am I. But we have to keep strong, no matter what happens Lexi will need us after today."

"If... If..."

Liam never finished his question, tiredness overtook him and he lay down on the seat, Claire let him lay there, he deserved the rest.

It was about 20 minutes later when the nurse came through. "Mrs McAllister?"

"Yes? Is my niece ok?"

"Yes, she and her daughter are fine and healthy."

"Daughter?"

"Yes, a perfectly healthy and happy baby girl, we've never seen a premature child appear so... normal, for lack of a better word. Your niece is a lucky girl."

No she wasn't. Claire knew her niece and knew her luck was awful, a cold notion perhaps but after three decades of watching the poor girl suffer bad fathers, sexual abuse, shunned families and miscarriages Claire couldn't associate Alexandra with Luck anymore.

The nurse speaking shook her out her thoughts. "Do you want me to wake him?"

Claire looked down at the calm and peaceful Liam. "No, leave him there for the moment to catch some rest. I need to talk to Alexandra alone anyway."

"Right, she's down the hall, second left, room 13."

Claire got up and went to find Lexi, there was something she needed to talk to her about and she needed it off her chest quickly. Turning the corner into the room Claire saw Lexi sitting up on the bed, a nurse by her side and a baby in her arms, Lexi face, a mix of pride and joyful tears, was beaming at the infant who was snuggled in her arms. Alexandra looked up and saw her aunt.