Someday Ch. 5

Story Info
Cassie & Doug soak up the sun.
2.5k words
4.36
14k
00

Part 5 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/02/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Miyelo Ina
Miyelo Ina
63 Followers

They swam for about an hour, then sat on the beach for the better part of another one, taking turns rubbing each other down with the oil Cassie had brought. There was hardly a smell she loved more than the ocean and the coconut oil mixture, unless it was Doug's skin right now.

It seemed that they never ran out of new things to talk about. Doug found himself entranced even to listen to mundane things in her life; her job, her daily routine, little things she liked to do around the house. And Cassie wanted to know everything about him all the way back into childhood. She asked more questions than a four year old and he loved sharing it all with her.

Finally though, he said, "Let's continue this inside somewhere. I'm roasting." His skin wasn't used to this kind of exposure and he didn't want to risk a painful sunburn. He wanted to be free to enjoy rubbing any part of his body on hers, not just the parts hidden from the sun.

They stopped in the room only long enough to pick up wallets and car keys and drop off the beach stuff. Doug wondered about changing clothes but Cassie informed him that here on the island, flip-flops and a towel were often considered formalwear. Or at least it seemed that way. She did take time to comb her wet hair and pull it up into a long ponytail.

As they drove, the wind whistling over them made the early afternoon sun bearable - even pleasant - to Doug, who had come from winter. He wasn't sure he ever wanted to leave this place and not just because of the weather.

The thought made him turn and look at Cassie. She was looking out over the ocean on her side of the car and he was able to stare at her openly. Her legs were crossed and the sarong covered the upper part modestly. But the curve of her soft shoulder, the swell of her breasts in the bikini top, all the way down the smooth dark arm to the artistic little hand just beside his on the center console made his heart pound so loud he was sure she could hear it.

As if in confirmation, she turned and caught him watching. He couldn't see her eyes behind the dark glasses but the two playful little smile lines on either side of her mouth crinkled deeply. She placed her hand over his and turned contentedly back to the scenery. Feeling it necessary but not wanting to, he turned his attention back to driving.

It was only a few miles to Diamond Head but then he had to curve around and up the crater. They passed a lookout point where the whole windward side of the island was visible. Cassie told him not to worry about stopping though, they were about to drive around to that area anyhow.

They spent nearly two hours inside the crater. The walk up to the summit was a bit strenuous, doing over 300 steps, but they were in fairly good shape so it was nice. It was a good thing the car rental company put an emergency kit in each car and it included a flashlight. The steps leading up were inside a dark cave and not passable without the light.

Once on top, they'd leaned against the rail and looked down over Waikiki and the whole downtown area. They'd stood quietly, Cassie's back against Doug's chest and stomach and his arms around her, shielding her. The wind whipped past them up here, drying little curls of hair around her face.

On the walk back down the steps, hand in hand again, Doug commented, "I'm beginning to see why people want to come to Hawaii. The scenery is great."

"You haven't seen anything yet," she said. "Wait'll you see the mountains over by Kaneohe."

"It gets better?" he asked, "Wow."

"Any particular place you'd like to see?" she asked as they got back in the car.

"Besides the hotel with you?" he teased.

She rolled her eyes. "I knew you were going to say that."

"Yeah. Sunset Beach. It's famous, right?" he answered.

"As a matter of fact, today is a perfect day to go there. It's not that great a place in the summer, but this time of year the surf is big. Really big. They're getting 20 footers up there this week." She sounded very excited.

"Twenty feet? That's huge!" he exclaimed.

"It's great. Every time we hear about big surf, we run up there and just sit and watch it. There's nothing better to relax you after a long hard day."

"Sure there is," he grinned lustfully.

Cassie sighed. "What am I going to do with you?" Then she realized she'd left herself wide open. "Never mind!" she added quickly. "Don't answer that! I'll figure it out for myself."

Doug only laughed and leaned over to kiss her sweet, pouty mouth.

Her directions were very simple. Follow the road away from Diamond Head around a long curve to the left, make a right and he'd be on the road that circled the whole island. It was name for the famous King that had ruled the island long ago, King Kamehameha. Called Kam Highway for short.

They passed through the richest section of the island where multi-millionaires lived up on a ridge called Hawaii Loa. Huge houses looked down over the highway and the beautiful beaches across from it. Just past that was Koko Head, ¾ of a volcanic caldera that sea water had seeped into, forming a natural bay - Hanauma Bay - where snorklers and divers could swim with neon-colored fish and sea turtles.

Coming down the other side, Doug saw the bluest ocean water he'd ever imagines. It was so blue and had so many sparkling diamond points on its wave crests that it didn't even look real.

"It looks like someone must come along every night while people are sleeping and dump blue dye down there," he mused.

Cassie laughed. "And every once in awhile, somebody wanders into the police station downtown, their skin and hair all blue, and they say 'I was just out swimming last night Officer, I don't even know what happened!'"

Doug snickered. "It's be the worst case of blue balls ever."

Cassie grimaced. "That's bad. Very bad."

They went on around past the Blow Hole, Sea Life Park and Chinaman's Hat, just enjoying each other's company and with only one minor disagreement. Cassie put the radio on a heavy rock station and Doug wanted to find one that played country music.

"Hmmm… uh… they don't have any country stations on the island," she bluffed.

"Yeah, like I believe that."

To settle things, they left the radio off. It would have interrupted their conversation anyhow, and neither of them wanted that.

As predicted, Doug was impressed with the cliffs on this side of the island. They appeared to be covered n a plush green carpet and the jagged tops of them disappeared into misty clouds. Because they were relatively new in the geological time scale, looking at them made one expect dinosaurs to come rampaging through the shadowy valleys at any moment.

After going around the northern tip of the island where Turtle Bay was, the road came back close to the shore and Doug got his first look at North Shore winter surf.

It broke high on the beach and the breakers frothed and churned as another wave poured over the ones trying to roll back. A dangerous riptide was clearly visible about fifty feet off shore and the waves as far out as he could see were larger than he'd imagined. He'd never seen anything like it except in pictures.

Sunset Beach, the most famous surfing beach in the world, was just around the corner and as predicted, it was packed. Doug was able to squeeze the car between a palm tree and a mini van.

"Don't leave anything valuable in here," she warned. "This is the second worse tourist attraction on the island for cars being broken into."

"What's the first?" he asked, checking to make sure his wallet was safely in his pocket.

"Waimea Bay, down the road. If you watch, we'll pass signs on the road saying 'High Crime Area'. Isn't that neat, they even advertise."

He laughed and maneuvered out of the door he could only open halfway.

"We didn't bring any towels," he pointed out as they crossed the sidewalk.

"Oh, honey, you don't want to swim here, not when it's like this. You notice there's nobody out there. It's even too rough for surfing today." She pointed out the "Hazardous Surf, Dangerous Shore Break" signs placed all along the beach as they found a place to sit. "I learned that the first month I was here. I nearly drowned in less that knee-deep water by getting caught in the undertow. And I'm a great swimmer."

Thinking of her in that kind of danger was not a pleasant thought. He sat behind her, his legs on either side of her and held her close, protectively.

She sighed, peaceful and relaxed against him. Holding her tightly, he whispered, "Just in case of a wild wave."

It made her smile and she placed her hands over his, content.

The drive had taken nearly three hours and it was already after seven pm. The wind was whipping the trees and had turned cooler but their body heat kept them both warm.

"It's green flash weather," she mentioned absently.

"It is?" he asked. "Should we worry?"

Cassie rolled her head back against his shoulder and laughed softly. "No, we're safe. The green flash is something that's very hard to see. When the sun goes down way out on the horizon, if there aren't any clouds in front of it, sometimes the light will refract just right through the water and cause a flash like green lightning. It's instantaneous and very, very rare to see."

"Is this a joke?" he asked. "One of those folk legends like snipe hunting?"

"No," she said matter-of-factly. "It's real. I've seen it one time, purely by accident. If I'd known what it was at the time, I would have had proof. I was making a picture of the sunset about two years ago and just as it disappeared into the water, I started to snap the picture but something flashed and scared me. I looked away from the camera and missed the shot."

"That sounds neat," he said, but Cassie thought he was still skeptical.

They sat in silence, listening to the surf and watching the break high over rocks a little to the south of them. Sometimes the foam would spray 40 or 50 feet into the air. It was the kind of image artists loved to paint.

It wasn't that Doug got bored of watching, it was just the nearness of Cassie that distracted him. Before long, he'd pushed her ponytail aside and started nibbling on her neck. He was pleased when all her skin broke out in goose pimples from his attentions.

Cassie wiggled and turned sideways in his arms so she could look up at him.

"I can't stand that too long," she shivered.

"Then I'll find somewhere else to kiss," he smiled, caressing her lips gently with his own. That rapidly progressed to a tongue duel that seemed to last forever, with only occasional breaks for air.

Despite the chill in the breeze, Cassie warmed up quite nicely and she unconsciously rubbed her thighs together, feeling slightly like a cricket trying to chirp. It made her wonder absently if grasshoppers suffered from sexual tension.

Anyone watching them thought they had to be newlyweds on a tropical honeymoon, or two teenagers "necking" on a first date.

When they relaxed for another quick breath, they both noticed people walking past them. Cassie glanced around and saw that the sun had already slipped below the horizon and a lavender and peach dusk was darkening to purple above them.

She settled back against his chest. "Well, I guess we just had better things to do."

"Yeah," he agreed. "The sun goes down every day. I only have one more day with you. Easy choice, that one."

She laughed quietly, satisfied.

"Hey, you getting hungry?" he asked. Brunch had been a very long time ago.

"I guess so," she admitted, sitting up straight and stretching. While he talked, she absently plucked at the curly dark hair on his leg beside her. It tickled him.

"Any good places nearby?"

"A few in Haleiwa down the road. A very good Mexican restaurant, and it has wonderful margaritas."

Doug lifted his eyebrows, liking the sound of that. She'd told him once on the phone that when she had a bit of a buzz going, she lost all her inhibitions and got horny as a chinchilla. (If you don't know about the sex life of a chinchilla, read up on it.)

"Ready?" he asked, pushing himself to a standing position. He offered her a hand up and a hug for just being there. With cooling sand sticking between their toes, they climbed the slope to the car, which thankfully seemed unmolested.

He drove south, past the old quarry of Shark's Cove where huge plumes of spray caused a mist as thick as morning fog to hang in the air. The smell was enchanting though, salty and fresh. Right around the corner was the very famous Waimea Bay where innumerable surfing competitions were held every year. Haleiwa was about three miles past there.

The place was a quaint little hole-in-the-wall called Rosie's Cantina, but the aroma of real Mexican food that hit him as he entered made Doug's stomach growl. It seemed to be a very popular place because they had to wait twenty minutes for a table. During that time, they sat at the bar amidst tanned, lanky guys with sun-bleached hair still wet from the surf and native Hawaiians, dark as Indians, laid back and friendly. And Cassie had one and a half margaritas. He noticed that she became much more talkative. They shared a basket of warm tortilla chips but basically she had nothing in stomach and was getting cutely amusing.

Finally a table opened up for them next to the front window. The remnants of the surf watchers were bumper to bumper going home now on the narrow two-lane road outside.

Doug couldn't help himself, he was just so hungry. He got a large combination platter and another beer for himself. That was his limit when he was driving. Cassie ordered a salad and water, not wanting to get out of control and annoying.

"I want you out of control," Doug told her, holding up another chip for her to bite.

"It's not pretty," she warned. "I get the urge to run and I have to be somewhere doing something."

Doug ordered her another margarita.

Miyelo Ina
Miyelo Ina
63 Followers