Someday Ch. 9

Story Info
Doug goes home.
1.2k words
3.68
15.2k
2
0

Part 9 of the 9 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/02/2001
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Miyelo Ina
Miyelo Ina
63 Followers

Doug was happy when he woke up and found Cassie still curled in his arms, her complacent smile mushed down slightly at one corner where her face rested against his chest.

It was like a weight hanging over his head though, thinking about having only a few hours left to touch her. And with her attached to a military man, there was always the chance he might never see her again. That caused a physical pain deep inside him.

He stroked her soft hair and her even softer cheek. She stirred slowly, inhaling the new day deeply. He wanted her awake so they wouldn't miss a second together. Doug kissed the top of her head and she snuggled into his side. He felt her slide a silky leg up the length of his calf and thigh.

"Good morning, my love," he whispered. "You're very beautiful today."

Cassie laughed, a muffled sound that tickled the side of his chest. "I think you're biased."

"Why yes I am, but that doesn't changed the facts."

"If you say so." She turned and stretched long, yawning.

As usual, he woke up with an erection. And today, he wasn't going to let it go to waste.

"I want to be inside you, one last time," he told her. "I don't want to cum, I just want to feel you." To Doug, that was the most intimate way of being with her, being connected with her.

Cassie nodded, trying not to feel the emotional pain she knew was inevitable.

Doug pushed the covers off them and reached for her hand. He sat up and pulled her onto his lap. Cassie put her legs around him, and with him guiding, she was able to sink down until he was firmly inside her. He held her tightly around the waist and her arms were around his neck.

The kiss began as a simple brush of their lips and slowly escalated until it seemed they couldn't breathe anymore. Cassie let herself feel every inch of his skin with her own, every pore, every hair, filing it away for memory. She didn't want to be away from him.

They hardly moved, except their tongues. It seemed they shared an electric field that surrounded them with tingling energy, bring chills to Cassie's skin.

"We have to move," she finally said after what seemed like an eternity, yet at the same time, all too fleeting.

"I know," he shrugged resignedly. "It's just so hard to let you go."

Her head was on his shoulder now and he felt her nod.

"I'll wash your back if you'll wash mine?" he proposed, repeating what he'd said on their first morning together.

"I can do that," she answered.

It took a great deal of self-discipline to make herself get up off his lap. It just felt so safe there, so right having his arms around her like that. However, she got up and reached for his hand to go to the shower.

Afterwards, she dressed modestly, a pair of white shorts and a light pink tank top. He wore jeans and a Gecko t-shirt he'd bought for himself. They dressed and packed with a sad silence between them.

Downstairs, Cassie stood with the bags while Doug checked out and took care of the bill. His flight was scheduled to leave in an hour and a half.

It took thirty minutes to drive to the airport. The ride was mostly in silence, but Cassie kept her hand on his leg the whole way. She just didn't know what to say. Doug attempted to start a conversation but neither of them could put their hearts into it.

Again, Cassie waited patiently while Doug checked the car back in. She smiled as she watched him, remembering all his touches and kisses.

A shuttle bus took them to the terminal. They sat close together, his arm around her shoulders. She lay quietly against him, tucking away his scent so she'd always be able to recall it.

After he checked his bag at the counter, he turned and took hers to carry.

"Are you going to walk me to my gate?" he asked.

"I'd walk you to your door in Vegas if I could get away with it," she smiled sincerely.

Doug laughed quietly. "That would be wonderful because once I got you that far, I'd never let you go."

"I guess it's a good thing I don't have a ticket then, " she told him coyly.

"I can fix that right away," he told her reaching for his wallet.

She put her hand against his arm and stopped him. "Don't do that," she said, her eyes shining brightly.

He nodded. "I was only kidding." But that was only half-true.

They strolled slowly out to the gate, hand in hand.

"How are you getting home?" he asked her as they stood at the check-in counter.

"He's coming to get me."

Doug nodded, feeling a little awkward for the first time. It had been so easy to submerge in the fantasy but now it was time to remember that she was a married woman.

They took a seat near the window, watching the 747 being fueled and loaded. There was about five minutes left before boarding would start.

"I have a confession," he said.

"What?" she was curious. Had he hid something all this time?

"Yesterday, I bought you something anyhow."

Cassie was pleasantly surprised and anxious to know what it was.

He pulled a tiny box from his pocket - a white ring box - and handed it to her.

She opened it and sighed at what lay inside. It was a gold ring, very slender and unassuming with two tiny opalescent baby pearls set side by side.

Doug reached in and lifted it out.

"I know it won't mean much next to that one," he gestured at her left hand and the gold filigreed band there. He took her right hand and slipped the ring on the third finger. "But maybe you can let it stand for something."

With a soft smile and a bright tear in one eye, she asked, "For lasting friendship?"

Doug smiled, maybe a little sadly, and said, "I'll settle for that."

Over the loudspeaker the airline announced that it would start boarding now. They stood together and embraced for one final kiss.

He whispered in her ear, "Will I ever see you again?"

Cassie wiped another tear away and whispered back, "Someday."

They pulled away, their fingertips lingering to keep contact as long as possible. Then finally he turned and began the long walk down the ramp that led to the plane.

Before rounding the first corner in the hallway, Doug paused and turned for one final glance. Just as he did, he saw a little girl run up to Cassie and leap into her arms, covering her mother's face with kisses. A tall handsome man wrapped his arms around Cassie from behind and she leaned back comfortably against him, rubbing her cheek lovingly against his arm.

Her eyes, however, were still locked on Doug. She smiled a wistful smile as her husband kissed the top of her head. Maybe it was a trick of the brilliant sunlight shining in the window, or maybe she was talking to her husband, or maybe it was just wishful thinking on his part, but Cassie seemed to look straight and Doug and her lips shaped the words "I love you."

Doug whispered, "Someday," and turned away.

- The End -

Miyelo Ina
Miyelo Ina
63 Followers