Someone Like You

Story Info
Elizabeth Gorden is in desperate need love.
4.1k words
4
14.1k
3
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CH. 1

"I'm tired of being alone."

Elizabeth Anne Gorden announced to her three best friends while at their usual Saturday lunch date. Looking down at her food that she no longer had a taste for, she pushed the plate away. Giving her full attention back to the ladies sitting around her she waited for their response.

All she got was two sighs and a grumble. "Really you guys are not going to say anything, I need your guidance or I could start my cat collection and the age of 23 how about that?"

"Izzy what do you expect us to say you haven't have a decent date since you broke up with Sean at the end of our first year of college. You never told us why you broke up with him and we all were ready for the two of you two get married. Then you disappeared for three months, we didn't know where you were and when you came back you didn't explain anything to us your, best friends. Now you want our help come on.'' Jessica took a deep breath.

"Jess you didn't have to go so hard on her. Look Izzy you know we want what's best for you but you have to admit it's been like a revolving door down there lately." Zoe said laughing in her thick Puerto Rican/New York accent.

"ZOE!" Sara shirked. "You're no better than Jessica. She serious and I think she wants our help or she wouldn't be telling us. Now Izzy you need to explain to us what exactly you mean.''

''Thank you Sara and Zoe I have only slept with two of those guys bringing my number to three. We can't say the same about you now can we?'' Izzy had to think about this one even though her friend were all right with there comment it didn't make her feel any better about herself. The vision she had of her life at this point wasn't living up to her expectations. Career wise she was where she wants to be as a nurse in the emergency of a local Children's Hospital. She lives in a nice condo in the meat packing district and owned her own car but something just didn't click. 'What do I want' she asked herself and as she glanced over to the pregnant couple sitting next to them it clicked.

"I want that. I want to go home at night to more than just Bailey wanting for me to fill her bowl after a long day at work. I want, no wait scratch that, I need a man there waiting for me when I get there to hear how my day went and to rub ma feet."

"Chica I keep telling you not even our manicurist wants to touch those things.'' Zoe giggled.

"But you love that fat ball of fur you call a cat." Jessica snorted.

"Zoe stay focused." Sara said hitting her with her elbow as she patted Izzy's hand. "Well sweetie, you need to start taking the guys you've been dating more serious if you want find that one for you."

"I know Sara and I try but there's just something that's missing from them." She sighed. "Why can't I find him? He's out there isn't he? And Jess I do love my cat just because she doesn't like you doesn't mean you have to be nasty towards her. Zoe if you don't stay off my feet. You don't hear me saying anything about your ever changing eyebrows I mean we aren't five anymore its not ok for you to still continue to experiment with them. "

"Boom she told you!" Jessica laughed.

Zoe's hand shot up to her eyebrows. "You always go for the low blow Izzy. I put to much Nair yesterday, does it really look that bad I have a date tonight?"

"That's what you get and no they don't look that bad I just wanted you to she how it felt." She laughed.

"Ok, back to the subject at hand. Izzy you need to let go and not be so frigid be more open don't allow your fears to stop you from trying new thing." Sara said not wanting to be sidetracked.

"Let me tell you why she doesn't try to get to know these guys that she dates. Their not 6'4 with sea green and blue eyes, dark brown hair, perfectly tanned with creamy skin, and a surfer body that knows how to make her cum fifty ways to Sunday. See basically none of these guys she goes out with is Sean Matthews and will never be." Jessica said with a smirk on her face as everyone stares at her stone faced. "Then tell me I'm lying and I won't talk anymore but you can't because you know I'm right."

"JESSICA can you please leave Sean's name out of our conversation he has nothing to do with this, I moved on a long time ago from my relationship with him so stop bring him up!" She practically yelled but caught herself when she noticed people were staring at her.

"My bad damn Elizabeth, I was just stating the fact you don't have to be so aggressive." Sara rolled her eyes.

"I'm ready to go were's the waiter so I can pay the bill it is my turn right?" Sara said looking around the restaurant for to signal the waiter for the bill. After she got his attention and paid for their meal she stood hugging her friend's goodbye then left them sitting there. As she walked she could hear Sara fussing with Jessica and Zoe as she walked away.

"Now look what you two did; she's leaving and her feelings are more than likely hurt! Are you proud of yourselves?" Sara asked look at both of them.

"No hice nada (I did nothing). This time it was all Jess' fault.'' Looking at Jessica she say

"Sometimes you need to let things go. We agreed to let her tell us what happened that summer when she's ready. Siempre tienes que empujar boca grande. (You always have to push, big mouth)."

"Shut up Zoe, if you have a say in it you never do anything." Giving Zoe the finger she then turned to Sara. "You really need to stop babying her. We know something happened to her that summer and she needs to talk about it. Keeping that shit in doesn't help her. It's been four years when will she be ready?"

"Y no oivides el hecho de que su entrometido." (And don't forget the fact that you're nosey.) Zoe mumbled.

That was the last part of the conversation she was able to hear before she got to far away.

************

Never mind I'll find someone like I wish nothing but the best for you to don't forget me I beg I remember you said sometimes it lasts in love but sometime it hurts instead.

Sometimes I wonder why I bought this damn CD. Izzy thought to herself as she drove home, after leaving the restaurant she went the grocery store to pick up a couple thing for her house. Now 3 blocks away from home Adele has her thinking about the one person she tries so hard to forget.

4 years 7 months ago

"Babe hurry I want to get on the Ferris wheel before the line get to long!" Elizabeth was like a kid in a candy story she was so cute. With finals over at last she could finally unwind with the one person that makes her feel free Sean.

"Izzy slow down we just got her there is no need to rush I thought you said in the car that you were hungry how about we go get something to eat and check out some of the venders first don't you want me to win you one of those over stuffed bear?" Sean was trying his best to steer to get her to go in the opposite direction.

"If we do it now we won't have to worry about it for the rest of the night and I know how much you hate getting on the Ferris Wheel but you know I'll hold you hand the whole time and if you lucky I'll even give you a kiss." She teased as she walked them close to the ride.

"Who said anything about being scared I just thought you would want to eat first. But if you want to get on the ride lets go and I'll tell you this I'll be cashing in on that kiss and I want it all.''

"You can't have it all we're in public there's kids here." Izzy said laughing and blushing all at the same time.

"Wanna bet, bring that ass and let's get this over with now."

As Sean paid for the tickets she stood in the line watch all the girls around him wonder where they could find a guy like him. She love Sean with every fiber of her soul in the three years they'd been together they had yet to have a serious argument about anything. They had started dating the summer after their sophomore year in high school following an incident where he nearly mowed her down with his power scooter but luckily for her she jumped out of his way. Once he got finished begging her not to tell his parent and noticed how beautiful she was that was all she wrote then been stuck like glue. She'd never been close with anyone other than Sara, Jessica, and Zoe that all changed after that summer.

"Stop thinking about me.'' Sean caught her day dreaming so he decided to sneak up behind her after kissing her neck he turned her to face him. He started walking her backward as the line began moving again. "Have I told you how sexy you look in this little white skirt and the girls they are phenomenal in this top. I just want to suck on them so bad.'' Kissing her again but this time at that spot right next to her ear making her moan from deep in her throat while still try to push him away. "How about we blow this joint and go back to my place and I relieve you of these clothes."

"Sean, baby wait we can not do this here remember you got us kick out of the movies last week because of this now take your hands off my ass and back away for my neck. I not ready to go and if we keep this up that is what will happen." She blew him a kiss as she filled the gap that they'd caused in the line.

Sean stood watching he walk away giving him some time so the erection that he worked up could go do. It always amazed him how strong his love and attraction was toward her was. His caramel queen as he would call her when they where making love. She stood 5'7 with dark brown hair her eyes were the color of melted caramel and skin looked like roasted almonds on a cold winter day. Now her body was out of this world 38DD's that stood at perfect attention, a flat stomach, small waist, and an ass that sat just right in her pant's it made him want to squeeze every time he saw her. Snapping himself of the day dream he closed the gap that formed between the two of them. As the rides conductor helped her into the seat of the ride Sean took a deep breath and prepared himself for the dreadful ride.

"Stop being a baby and get on the ride." Izzy with a big smile on her face patted the open space next to her.

As their seat raised into the night sky a sense of peace come over Sean this is what he wanted for the rest of their lives. He knew that this young woman sitting next to him was going to eventually be his wife and give him many babies. If it was up to him they would have already been married with a baby on the way but knowing how important getting a degree is to her made him put off asking her until to marry him until the graduate.

"I love you." Snuggling up next Sean Izzy kissed his cheek.

Getting off the Farris wheel they strolled hand in hand to the area designated for food.

"I want popcorn and a hotdog with extra sautéed onions."

"I'm going to have some cotton candy and a ginger ale, my stomach hurts a little." Izzy told Sean as to walk up to the food booth.

"I told you that we shouldn't have gone on the ride. Now you don't feel well. We should leave after this; you should go home and sleep." Sean said while rubbing her shoulders.

"I'm not ready to leave yet. It will be better after I have the ginger ale. And it wasn't the ride I have been feeling well on and off for a will I just haven't said anything." She said in a slight whisper preparing herself for his reaction.

He paid the lady in the booth and took their food to a bench.

"Ok, so you been sick and haven't told anyone that something wasn't right with you. Does that make any sense to you because that makes absolutely none to me."

"This is way I didn't say anything to you. You're ready to send me to the emergency for nothing but an upset stomach. You have to remember that I have been stressed out over finals and all that stuff I'll fine."

Kissing her chin he got up and took their thrash away.

"I want to go buy some things." Izzy walk towards him while stuffing cotton candy into her mouth.

By the time they got to the care Izzy had a little of everything that included a purple hand stitched throw quilt for her couch, homemade jams, seasons and hot sauce to last her for the next six months.

"All I want to do is take a shower and go to bed. This was fun thank you."

As they pulled up to Sean's apartment Izzy was fast asleep and he didn't want to wake her so he took the stuff inside then came back; carried her to the bedroom gently laid her on the bed and took off her clothes/shoes. After taking of all his clothes were off he pulled her into his arms and went to sleep.

The next morning when Izzy woke it was to an empty bed, the smell of coffee and bile rising from the pit of her stomach as she ran to the toilet all she could this is that this is getting old and well will it end. Making sure nothing looked out of place and no remnants of her upset stomach lingered. Then she took a quick shower; put on some comfortable clothes. She headed to the kitchen.

"You're finally awake. I made your favorite for breakfast, French toast!" Turning as she walking into the kitchen with a plate of fresh French toast he walked up to her and gave her a kiss.

"Umm, I'm not that hungry yet but it smells so good and I now you wanted to spend the day together but I have to go do some stuff that I forgot about." Avoiding eye contact she started gathering her things trying to make a quick exit.

"Wait a minute, you just woke up and we were going to spend the day watching the entire Batman series we've been planning this for week. Your acting weird, what's the matter with you?" Sean asked as he followed her around his apartment.

"It's nothing I swear I just have some stuff that I have to get done before we go to the Hamptons to meet up with everyone else. Just call Mike and tell him to come over, he probable isn't doing anything with his time anyway. Stop pouting I'll be back in time for us to leave." Giving him a quick kiss she was gone. His gut told him something was absolutely not right.

As Izzy started her car she gave herself a peep talk "Elizabeth Anne pull it together you could be totally fine". Taking a deep breath she pulled off and headed straight to Target. What she didn't tell Sean was that while she was in the shower it dawned that her period was missing in action and she was scared shitless. As she rushed to pick-up three pregnancy test one of each of the best ones. She drove as fast as she could to her apartment saying a little pray. Drinking two glasses of fruit punch she waited for that urge to pee. After the third test came back positive she speed dialed her doctor and made an emergency appointment.

At the doctor's office the nurse called her name faster than she expected and she was more than happy.

"So Elizabeth what brings you into our office today you file show that you're not due for a checkup for next six months?" The smiling nurse asked.

"I failed three pregnancy test this morning and I need to be sure." As tear ran down her face she felt like her chest would implode.

"Hey, look at me you're going to be ok we'll give you a couple of test and see what's doing in there and then you go from there don't work yourself up.

Twenty minutes later her doctor walked into the exam room with a smile on her face.

"I have great news Elizabeth you six weeks pregnant."

Not blinking she thanked her doctor and left the office. Dialing Sara's number she told her that she wouldn't be able to make it to the Hampton all for the summer and to tell Jessica as well as Zoe that she was sorry and to have fun. Then she sent

Sean a text telling him she would be over in a few minutes. Pulling up to Sean's building she prepared herself for what was about to go down.

Sean opened the door as Izzy walked towards his door. "What happened Sara just called and said that you canceled on her. We've been going to the Hamptons since junior year; so what went down between you leaving here and running your errands."

"You want to know what happened. I figure out that I don't want to be in this pointless relationship anymore and you like a weight that's making me drown fast so this is the end of us. So lose my number don't call me anymore, don't visit my parents and don't call my friends looking for me because they won't know anything. Am I clear?" With tear running down her face she packed as much as the duffle bag that she had at his house could hold. "I'll have my dad send someone to pick-up the rest of my thing later on in the week."

"ELIZABETH WAIT A MOTHERFUCKING MINUTE! YOU ARE NOT GOING TO WALKING IN HERE TELL ME THIS BULLSHIT AND EXPECT ME TO BE OK WITH IT! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITHIN THE TWO HOUR YOUR WERE GONE?" Sean surprised himself by yelling at her but he didn't know what else to do. The love of his life was walking out the door and he had no clue as to what to do.

Calmly Izzy explained. "Sean you're sucking the life out of me I can't do this anymore. We'll turn into a love less couple that has nothing in common. Let's just cut our losses and end this while it's still good." And with that she walked out the door.

When Izzy got home she called her mom and told her to let their family in St. Croix, USVI know that she would be spending the summer with them also to tell the family pilot that she would be ready to go by six. Her mom questioned her sudden need to go the island; all she told her was that she needed to get away and to send her dad to get the remaining items from Sean house sometime this week.

Sitting in her living room she searched the phone book for local abortion clinic. The whole time telling herself that she she'll be ok and that this was for the best. Following six calls and receiving dates that would be too far away she away the last call gave her an even better answer than she expected they had a cancellation so she to the spot. After taking another shower and packing two bags she left the house.

As she laid on the table waiting for the pain medication to set in once that happened everything went into fast forward. The doctor came in asked a few questions a nurse held her hand and ten minutes later she was waiting for the nurse to clear her to leave. "Elizabeth, this has officially been the longest day of your life."

Tear for the life she just took slide down her face but she shook the away. "I did what I had to do for me." That was the justification she gave herself to move on.

Before the plane took off she called her cell phone company and changed her number then she text everyone except for Sean her number, told her friend not to worry about her then she turned her phone off for the rest of the summer. This was she needed island food, sun and her grandma.

By the time the summer was over her self healing process was completed and even though she did give him her knew Sean had finally stop calling after leaving a heart retching voicemail that almost had her on the next smoking thing back to New York but she caught herself.

************

Nothing compares, no worries or cares Regrets and mistakes, they're memories made Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste? Never mind, I'll find someone like you wish nothing but the best for you Don't forget me, I begged, I remember you said Sometimes it last in love, but sometimes it hurts instead.

By the time she snapped out of her daydream she was already parked in her spot, as she got out her car she took the c.d. with her. Thinking Adele you ain't ever lie girl. When she opened the door to her condo her beautiful cat was there to great her at the door.

"Hey, baby did you miss mommy. I know I missed you. Let's go to the kitchen so I can put the groceries down.'' Like she knew what Izzy was saying Bailey prance ahead she closed and looked the door. As she walked into the kitchen she hit play on the answering machine, dropped the bags on the counter and picked up Bailey. The answer machine played: 'You have four missed calls'

1. "Elizabeth Anne Gorden this is your mother, yes you know the one that gave birth to you? You need to call me. You're my only child and I don't talk to you enough. Ok, so if you don't call me by tomorrow I will send you father to get you and I mean this. Good night."

12