Something to Talk About: Apocalypse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IronDragon
IronDragon
1,612 Followers

Jim was now trying mightily not to laugh as he overheard my side of the conversation. Jim was the guy I told you about before, whose wife cheated on him and their divorce had been fugly.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed as she realized that I wasn't going to admit it, and that she couldn't prove that I did it.

"Susan, is some guy named Jim your boyfriend?" I asked calmly. "If he's almost dead, it couldn't be Jim here. The only thing likely to kill Jim here is a heart attack." I grinned at Jim, who couldn't hold his laughter anymore, and ran into the office.

"Well, he said he was attacked, but he didn't know who did it." Susan admitted between sobs. "He had his penis burned off!"

"Oh my God!" I acted. "Honestly, if he was the man who stole you from me, then I can't say that I'm sorry to hear that. Susan, God's honest truth, I didn't have anything to do with what happened to him, but I would love to buy whoever did it a beer! Did you ever think that he'd seduced someone else's wife too? You couldn't be with him all the time, you know."

Ah, the seeds of doubt had been sown. I smiled.

"You don't think he would..." She started, but I interrupted.

"Why not?" I asked. "You said yourself that he was 'depressed' because his wife died. He used that to seduce you, Susan!"

"N... No! It wasn't..." She stopped, then thought about it. She took a while to think of everything that had happened in their affair. "Oh my God, you're right!" She shrieked. "That ASSHOLE!"

Suddenly, the Heavenly Chorus declared through Susan's voice that I Was Right! She, who NEVER admitted that I Was Right, had now done so!

"Susan, mark this day on the calendar for me. The day you actually admitted that I Was Right about something!" I laughed out loud.

Yeah, she didn't like that!

In spite of the fact that she didn't like it, she didn't fight me on the Divorce. Mom testified that she could provide babysitting services for my children while I was at work, and the judge took everything into account, including the pattern of behavior over the past year that Susan had been having the affair with Jim Stevens. While she had left the kids with responsible adults, she had done so in order to carry on her affair in secret. The Judge didn't quite declare her unfit, but put me as primary custodian. He declared Susan as secondary, but only on the stipulation that she not bring her lovers around the children. I wasn't thrilled with that, but I was satisfied. Hell, before she took up with Jim the Asshole, Susan was a great mother! Now she would have a chance to be a great mother again.

Then the Judge told me that I would only have to pay child support, and only for the time they spent with Susan. Susan was ordered to get a job. In college, she had majored in Accounting, so she could get a job easily.

The house was sold, and we split it 50/50. Our joint accounts, which I had absconded with at the beginning, however, were split 75/25 in my favor. YES! When Susan tried to complain, the Judge looked at her and said: "Mrs. Freemont, do I need to remind you that you very nearly lost all custody of your children due to your own selfishness? Now, get a JOB!"

The same Judge handled my Alienation of Affection lawsuit against James Robert Stevens, Esq. He actually took it seriously, and based on Susan's confession and testimony, surprisingly on my behalf, I was awarded half a million in the settlement.

Yeah, I liked that Judge.

When the final gavel clacked, and we were officially divorced and I was half a mill richer thanks to her efforts, I took Angie, my attorney, out for drinks at the Silver Spar. I had continued to exercise and eat right, and had cut out almost all alcohol. But on this night, I wanted to at least have a beer or two. My pony keg beer gut was back down to six pack abs. Yeah, I'd gotten back in shape during the whole mess. I knew I would have to be there for my kids, and I would be back on the market. I just hoped and prayed that I could find someone who wasn't as shallow and selfish as Susan!

Angela Johnson is a gorgeous black woman. I'd never really cared about someone's skin color, and it didn't bother me one bit that she was black. Her dark chocolate skin looked delicious. It had been almost seven months since I'd last had sex with Susan, just before blindsiding her with the Divorce papers. During that time, Angie and I had grown pretty close. We were more than just attorney/client. We'd become friends. So as friends, we went to the bar for a couple of beers.

"So, what are your plans now, Jonathan?" Angie asked while we were swigging our beers.

"Get back to work, and raise my kids as well as possible. I found a smaller house with only one story, and four bedrooms. It's a LOT cheaper than that monster Susan made me buy about three years ago." I shrugged.

"Are you all moved in yet?" She asked.

"Yeah. Moved in a couple weeks ago, and closed on the house. It's closer to work, and the kids love it." I smiled. "What about you? You took on my case knowing I might lose a lot, but you took it anyway. Thanks for that." I clinked bottles with her.

"Well, I've been divorced for about 4 years now since my ex got caught cheating on me." She must have seen the look of surprise on my face. "Hon, why do you think I took your case with such a hefty discount? I don't like cheaters."

I chuckled. "Good, because neither do I." I gave her my best smile.

"Since we're paid up, do you mind if I fire you as a client?" She asked with a smile.

Her question took me aback. "Why?" I asked.

"Because I don't date clients." She shrugged with her smile growing.

I smiled back. "Well, then consider me fired. Would you like to go to dinner?"

"No, I want you to come to my place so I can cook you something." She said.

We've been dating now for six months, and I've never been happier. For a high powered Divorce Attorney, Angie is NOT high maintenance, especially compared to Susan! She loves me, loves my kids, and loves my cock inside her. She dotes on the children, and even though Susan is still their mom, they call Angie "Mommy Two", which we find adorable. Angie has moved in with us, and Susan joins us for dinner some nights. When she takes the kids for the weekend, Angie and I fall into bed together, and fuck each other silly. It's a great life, so far.

As far as the Asshole goes, he never recovered from what I did to him. He was left penniless and alone after all of his wife's insurance money went to paying his medical bills, court fees, and my Alienation of Affection lawsuit. Anyway, he finally had enough and took his own life. Good. To Hell with him!

Susan seems to be doing much better now, since her hormones were really out of whack, at least according to her doctor. She's been taking supplements, and seems to be on much more of an even keel now. She has a steady job at an accounting firm in our town, and is making some decent money.

I've been promoted to supervisor of The Diesel Shop, and make as much now for 40 hours as I used to for 60. I now have plenty of time to spend with my kids and with the new woman in my life.

Susan will have to live with the shit she's done, and that's good enough for me. She blames herself for everything now, and I'm not even going to try to console her. She doesn't even date, since she says she's still in love with me. Bullshit, but whatever. She'll have those regrets for the rest of her life, and part of me hopes she chokes on them! Am I still a little bitter? Yeah, I have to admit that I am. Luckily, Angie is here to help take my mind off the shit my ex put me through.

And just the other day, I asked Angie to marry me. She gave me a very tearful yes.

Yeah, life is pretty damn good, now!

The End

IronDragon
IronDragon
1,612 Followers