Soul mates

Story Info
Sometimes you don’t know what you’ve got, ‘till it’s gone.
1.7k words
4.05
19.3k
8
7
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers

It was a whirlwind romance. We married within 6 months of meeting. I was a virgin the day we married, he said he was too.

We were the perfect couple. Many of the things he enjoyed were my favorites too. Others we complimented each other in the way we handled them. The rest we sort of divided up as to whoever did those best.

He was a wonderful lover who always said I did just the right thing or had the right touch every time. We had been trying for almost a year to have a child but nothing yet.

We both worked in retail management in different large chain stores.

The only glitch in the works was the hours we worked. We both had the same 2 days off each week, but there were many times during the week we would only see each other to say hello and goodbye. Occasionally there would be 3 or 4 days in a row like that. But, when we were together again, it was heavenly!

Like I said we had an almost perfect existence.

Until the evening I got home from work at 10:30 to find the house almost empty. There was one set of dishes; none of them matched, the plate and bowel were both chipped and cracked. The silverware was all mismatched too. I was left a disposable plastic cup and the beer stein I gave him for as a gift, for the simple reason that he liked it.

He left the card table and chairs as well as a stinky old bean bag seat he had since he was a child. The furniture in the master bedroom was gone; he was gracious enough to leave the furnishings in the guest bedroom. The sheets looked like a week long orgy had taken place on them. I found out later that was what happened. Hmmm, maybe that was why he left them.

On the kitchen counter was a copy of some divorce papers, the house keys and his ring.

Next to that pile was a note that said he "...felt suffocated in our marriage and was leaving. He had found his one true love and was moving to a new area to work for a different company."

I soon vowed to never look for him.

My world had collapsed. We were scheduled to have the next 3 days off together; this only happened 2 or 3 times a year.

Somewhere along the line I found out that she was just another in a series of affairs he was having. Most were married customers he had dealings with where he worked. The affairs had been going on since before we met.

That night I slept on a few blankets thrown on the floor. My pillow was some clothing stuffed into a favorite t shirt.

The next day at about 2 in the afternoon his mother called. She had no idea he was gone. I was less than polite. She called my mother and they came over to see how they could help. They both started looking into what he had left behind. The auto and home insurance were not changed, his mother dropped his car from the insurance and had his name dropped from both insurances. My mother checked the savings and checking accounts and found that he had not touched them. There was not a lot of money, but I was marched down to the bank and transferred everything except $5 to new accounts. My direct deposit was redirected to the new account. All the joint charge cards were closed and a few new ones were opened in my name only.

The cards were paid off until he ran out. Mostly he used his own cards to run away. Instead of forwarding his mail I burned it.

When we returned my father was just finishing changing the locks.

They inventoried everything left in the house. We had supper and they left for the evening.

I cried myself to sleep again that night. It took me almost a year to get over him. I spent a lot of that time crying, ranting and depressed. I was near bottom. There were times I barely managed to function.

The next morning both Moms and Dads showed up at 11. They had brought furniture to replace what was removed. It was all used items from their houses, with a few items from Goodwill. Even though it was used, it all was serviceable. They brought in sheets, towels, pots and pans and an entire set of good dishes and silverware.

For castoffs the house looked nice. I was glad they brought my entire childhood bedroom. I had them place it in the 3rd bedroom and some other furniture they brought was placed in the Master bedroom. I had already moved all my belongings out of that room and settled into the smaller room. My mother and dad thoroughly cleaned the master suite and guest room, and then pulled the doors closed. I never went into those rooms again.

His father took the divorce papers and a copy of the letter to his brother Mark. He is the meanest, nastiest divorce lawyer in these parts. He advised me to allow time to pass and file to divorce for desertion. If my ex wanted it quicker he would pay for everything; I mean everything. Meanwhile Mark documented every detail and had the papers for a counter suit to the one written by the ex drawn up. The bedding was stored in an air tight container to preserve the integrity of the evidence after some of the stains were tested for DNA. My bill was $1 and a homemade dinner when the dust settled.

On the 3rd day of my new life I called some realtors and chose one to list the property for sale.

The next week some neighbors from the next block over dropped by to visit. It seems that he had run off with their daughter. The police had found her and reported that she was there by her own choice; she had just turned 18 the month before. There was nothing they could do.

I told them "...I don't want to know where those 2 are. Get off my property and never come back."

Life was rough for a while. I was frightened, lonely and worried about where my life would now take me. Gradually my life settled down. I gravitated toward an internet chat room for singles. I observed for a while before I joined. I made a few friends; but one person in particular seemed to be compatible and we started to talk more and more.

I had chosen the screen name Lonelygirl524. It had been 524 days since he left that I joined.

He went by the name Tigger2. He claimed to be looking for his Pooh bear.

He claimed he was recently separated and was waiting for the final decree on his divorce. He claimed she had left him for another man and he was devastated.

Friends recommended that I not give personal information until we knew each other better. We agreed to never give the other personal information, later I found out why he liked that idea. It took a while, but we eventually gravitated toward cyber sex with each other. We shared our fantasies and dreams about sex. He was always so gentle and kind as we talked; I thought I might have found a soul mate again.

We talked for 14 months before I found out that he lived in Chicago. I only found that out when I told him I would be away for a few days at training conferences in town with my company.

He offered to show me his city, take me to dinner and see where it went from there.

I arrived 2 days early to settle in, the second day we were to meet. He had my hotel room number.

After checking in I spent the next 24 hours primping, masturbating and getting worked up for his arrival.

Precisely at noon, the agreed upon time, there was a knock on the door.

I looked through the peep hole to see him there. My heart stopped.

I opened the door a bit, with the security devices in place. I stayed out of sight. He asked "Is this the room where I might find Lonelygirl524?"

"Not in this life time or any other." was my sharp reply. I showed my face to him and quickly slammed the door and locked it.

Then I shouted through the door "Hotel security is on the way up. Get the hell out of here and don't come back!"

He turned to leave and I watched as he walked away. I pulled the door open just a bit and shouted "DO NOT EVER TRY TO CONTACT ME AGAIN!"

The second soul mate in my life was the same as the first. Now that I think back on it I wish I had a picture of the look on his face when he saw who I was.

His mother and I talk, she did nothing wrong. We are good friends. She told me a few months earlier that he now had 2 children, with a 3rd ready to drop any day. The first 2 were born 65 months apart. After being with him for a while none of the mothers want anything from him except child support.

He never did marry the girl he ran off with. That girl left him, after a month, to live with a former boyfriend who was in the next town. She did the same thing they did to me; no furniture or dishes left.

He tells his Mother he is miserable and wishes he had never left me. She told him to leave me alone.

He can't marry anyone yet, after almost 4 years we never completed the divorce.

I now can see the truth; he is a serial cheater and will never be true to anyone. I know I should be angry, but the encounter released from any residual love I might have felt for him.

When I get home it is time to finally become free and hopefully find a new soul mate.

PTBzzzz
PTBzzzz
595 Followers