Space Colony: Maggie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Storm62
Storm62
355 Followers

"It should have worked." Maggie bawled. "Love will find a way."

"Only if it knows what it's looking for. You've got him confused. He doesn't know why you're avoiding him. If you'd told him, maybe he'd have come."

"Boys are stupid." Maggie spat out.

"Yes, maybe they are. But you have to at least hint." Stella took her sister's head and held it close. "If we hurry, you'll have one last chance to give him one last chance."

"I don't know if I'm strong enough. What if he rejects me?"

"Then you'll never see him again." She paused, a wicked grin crossing her face. "You'll become an old maid, withering away."

"STELLA! How can you say that?"

"Call it a knack." She looked into Maggie's face. "I have to wind you up. Big sis, remember?" She grinned. "Look, you have to know. If he goes, you can forget him and find someone else. I'll help you, I promise."

Maggie stood up, a determined look on her teary face.

"Come on then, let's go."

---

Mark opened the door to the post office. The rest of the lads were there all ready. Eve smiled at him.

"You're all here, good. I just want to thank you all for your hard work; you've been a credit to the scheme. If any of you want to come back next year, you will be welcome."

Mark looked at the others and they all nodded.

"Miss Eve, none of us actually want to go. We've all enjoyed working here; people have welcomed us, made us feel at home. Isn't there some way we could stay?"

"Miss Eve? I've been married ten years now. I have two children."

"Sorry, but I'm still not sure how to address you."

"Eve will be fine." The first born smiled. "As for staying, there may be a way."

"How?" There was the sound of the big transport arriving.

"I need to get in touch with the colony, I won't be long." She bustled out and crossed to the station.

"What should we do?" One of the others asked Mark. He shrugged.

"How about some work? We could unload the transport."

"Sure, why not?" They trooped off to the landing site.

---

Minutes later Stella and Maggie rushed into the empty post office

"Damn! Missed them." Stella panted.

"Maybe not." Maggie gasped. "The transport hasn't left yet, we'd have heard it."

"Right! I hope you appreciate me running around for you."

"Makes a change from me having to clean up after you!"

"Cheeky. Come on then, another dash."

The sisters turned around and ran into Eve.

"Where are you two going in such a hurry?"

"We have to get to the landing site so Maggie can say something to Mark."

"Finally?" Eve smiled. "I'll come too; I have some news for the boys."

"You do?"

"Yes, so let's go. No, wait. I have a better idea. Maggie, come with me. Stella, call Dee and tell him not to let the transport take off."

"Good thinking FB. Now go!"

Eve and Maggie arrived at the landing site out of breath and looking very red. A quick look told them they could have strolled. The boys had only half emptied the transport so far, their hearts not really in it. Mark saw the two of them panting for breath and came over to them.

"Are you two all right? You look done in."

"Long time since I had to run so far so fast." Eve gasped out.

"I just had to get here before you left Mark." Maggie wheezed.

"Just take your time both of you. Take your time and breathe in deeply." They both did what he said and began to breathe more easily. "Water?" They both nodded so he went and got two small bottles of water. "Now what's so important that you nearly kill yourselves?"

"Maggie, you go first." Eve said, still gulping in air.

Maggie controlled her breathing and took Mark's hand.

"I want to explain why I've been...well, a bitch for most of your time here."

"Is it something to do with 'the incident'?"

"Sort of. Do you remember me asking you if you liked me that night?" He nodded slowly. "Well, you gave me some wishy-washy answer about hardly knowing me."

"I remember."

"What I was trying to tell you was that I loved you."

"But you don't know me." He said in surprise.

"Eve, tell him about when love hits you."

"She's right Mark. It can hit you moments after you meet someone or it can take months. And sometimes it has to be pointed out to you, if you get my meaning."

"Actually I do." He looked down at the ground. "That first week was one of the most fun times I've ever had, Maggie trying to get me to bite and getting wound up because I wouldn't. And getting wound up or embarrassed when I said something." He sighed. "I just couldn't believe a girl would try so hard to impress me. And then it all changed, and I wanted her to try again, but she didn't. I thought she was bored with it."

"No! No, I wasn't bored, but I thought you were, that my teasing was making you dislike me."

"I told you I liked you, I told you that."

"But that's all you told me. You didn't give me any hope that...that you might love me. I've never been in love before; I didn't know what to do."

Mark took her hand.

"Well, nor have I, so I didn't know either."

"You silly pair, why didn't either of you say something. I am supposed to be everyone's 'big sister'. I could have helped, or Stella, or even Dee or Mikey. Even my Mom and Dad, any of us would have been glad to talk things over with you."

Maggie burst into tears.

"Oh Mark, I'm sorry. We only had these short months and I ruined it. Now you're leaving and going back to the colony."

"Maybe, maybe not." Eve smiled. "I got in touch with the scheme, and proposed something different. They agreed to it. If any of you boys want to stay, you can."

"We can?" One of the others asked, having gathered around the conversation.

"Yes. What I proposed is that you form a group workforce. When you're needed you help out on the farms. The rest of the time you do civil works. You know, build roads, clear ground, work here loading and unloading the transport, and maybe put up the odd building."

"They might be a bit odd if you just turn us loose like that." Mark grinned.

Eve laughed back.

"I think we can talk some of the experts to give you some training and supervision for a while. So, what do you think?"

"Well guys, who's for staying?" Mark asked. There was a unanimous show of hands. "It seems we might need to borrow the radio to call our folks and tell them what's happening Miss Eve." She gave him a look. "Mrs Fortytwo?" He tried again.

"Not a problem. Finish here and then we'll go and see Dee."

Stella had wandered up by now.

"What's happening?" She asked Maggie as she saw the now happy gang of lads bend to the task of unloading and then loading the transport with renewed vigour.

"Stells, they're staying!" Maggie said, her eyes shining brightly.

"Does that solve your particular problem?"

"Well, no. But it gives me time to work on a plan."

"A plan? You could just ask him."

"I tried that before."

"Try it again, while he's in a good mood and has forgotten how annoying you can be."

"Stells!"

"Big sis leg pull." Stella smiled. "Just ask him."

"Okay, I will." She strode up to Mark. "I'm going to say this quickly. I love you. Do you think you can love me?"

"I don't think so." Her face dropped. "I know so." He grinned. "A dead-pan wind-up completed!"

"Hey! I'm supposed to be the teaser." She thumped him on the arm.

Stella was stood with Eve.

"Tell me Evie; was I as bad as that?"

"NOOooo! YOU were worse."

"Evie!" They both burst out laughing. "When did you start winding people up?"

"Only recently. It must be being exposed to such bad influences as you and Maggie for so long, it's finally rubbing off on me."

Maggie and Mark came over to them.

"Thank you both." Mark said. "Eve for making it possible to stay here, and you, Officer Stella, for making Mags talk to me."

"Hey! If I'd known that weedy kid I dropped out to our farm would become so hunky, I might not have trusted her with you." She turned, blushing, to Eve who was laughing. "Did I just say that? I'm so embarrassed!"

"I haven't changed that much have I?" Mark asked, also reddening.

"Let's just say, you've filled out nicely." Eve grinned.

---

Mark and Maggie were walking arm in arm back to the farm.

"Have I really changed that much physically Mags?" He asked, a worried tone in his voice.

"I don't think you've changed that much. But then again, I fell in love with the original you, the muscles are a bonus." He blushed again. "Hey! I did it! I made you blush at last." She laughed gleefully.

"Caught me unawares." He grinned back.

"How come I couldn't before?"

"I have an older cousin who teased me from when I was three or four. I became able to not react."

"Unless you were surprised?"

"Right." He paused, not sure whether he should ask this next question. "That night, they...they didn't do anything did they?"

"You know they didn't, they were all too drunk."

"So, no...no fondling or...kissing?"

"Nope. Why are you so worried about that now?"

"Because I want to be the first to do this." He took her in his arms and kissed her full on the lips. She kissed back with a passion.

"That was worth waiting for. You haven't been practicing with someone else have you? You're quite good." She said as they broke apart eventually.

"And how do you know the difference?"

"I've had ten years watching Stells and Mikey perfecting kissing, and my Mom and Dad since forever, so I'm quite an expert."

"An expert with a bad reputation?" Mark laughed. "Shall we practice some more?"

Storm62
Storm62
355 Followers
12