St. Dunstan's Nuns Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We sat for a while longer before I said: "He'll be here for you, if he's the man you think he is. Six months isn't that long."

"Not at our age, that's for certain."

"Maybe one of the older sisters will come here as well."

"That would be possible. I was hoping you'd come here."

I took a deep breath: this was unexpected, her asking me twice. I was set to go to Kansas with her, but other sisters were going with us and there would be opportunities for work for all of us there. I didn't know what was possible on Kos, but although I loved it right away, I didn't think I wanted to stay. I still wanted to live a life of my own, do my own work.

She looked at me closely and then gave a small chuckle. "I know you, Squirt. Don't worry, it was a long shot at best. You're still young enough to want to live your own life, whether it's in the community or not, and you want to choose your own path. I'd think the same thing in your shoes, at your age. So be it. Go follow your dreams wherever they lead you."

I waited a moment, and watched a seagull cross the sky. "Mother, we need to finish things in Rome right. If we leave everything a mess, anything good we've done will be automatically irrelevant. It won't take that long, and you'll be right back here. Having this to look forward to will make the time pass more easily."

We sat for a long time without speaking, until Michael came out to tell us lunch was ready. LaRossa was right: he was a splendid cook and his calamari salad was better than anything I'd ever eaten in my life. He told us about the island and its history, unfolded the nature of his little flock and his joy in serving them, and how grateful he was to meet LaRossa in Jerusalem. I told him my story, growing up in England being raised by my Aunt Patty and her butler Willikins, how I came to join my mother in the convent, and how my hearing was miraculously restored four years ago. My mother was pensive through the meal and let us talk, He showed me to a guest room for my siesta, and I gladly laid aside my cares to catch up on my rest.

My phone buzzed right after I lay down; Sister Julianna was calling. "Where are you, Franny?"

"Out of town, Juli, way out of town. Sister Lucia knows where I am."

"No she doesn't: she was asking where you were all morning."

"Be careful around Sister Lucia, she's been very forgetful lately. She gave me permission to go to Greece to take care of my sick mother; there's a memo acknowledging this in her inbox."

"Oh, I see. Sure, you wouldn't run away without leaving a note or something. I'll tell her."

"Thanks. I don't want to her turn in a missing persons report."

"Hey, there's a new dance club opening tonight nearby. Interested?"

"When I get back. I'll be here for a couple of days, at least. How's everybody else there?"

"Still no word about LaRossa. Mavis has been asking about you, and is trying to tell me about things I can do with Rocco."

"Mavis knows a lot. How is Rocco?"

"Okay, I guess. Rocco's a nice boy, with some nice qualities, but too possessive. Had to tell him I'm not the marrying type, committed to religious life, and he laughed at me."

"I wonder why."

She snort in surprise, then calmed down. "So he's been pestering me more than usual. I'll just have to get used to saying 'no' twenty time a day until he gets the hint."

"Sounds like a plan."

"Mavis told me Betsy's coming back for another visit next week."

"Oh my! Maybe we should point Rocco her direction."

"Yeah, that's a thought. I think Mavis would like that."

"I think Rocco would like that as well. Just have to get them off the property to. . .socialize."

"Huh?"

"You know having sex in the dormitory or on the grounds is prohibited."

There was a gasp and a pause on the other end. "No, yes, really? Oh, hey, did you. . .?"

"You know I wouldn't tell anybody if I did."

"Yeah. Right. Sure. I'm sorry, Franny. It's been crazy here lately."

"You can catch me up with your family when I get home. Just remind Sister Lucia about my memo, and keep an eye on her. She's been a bit strange lately."

"Yeah. Later." She run off and I was able to drift off to sleep.

They were talking in the study when I got up from my slumber. Michael was seated in a huge swivel chair at his desk while LaRossa lounged on a leather sofa. I sat beside her, but he spoke: "Helen, I have no problem letting Barbara return to Rome to complete her duties. She is as much as pastor as I am, and her flock needs her. I cannot deny her to them in their time of need for my own selfish desires. Your idea that she should return after her term with any sisters who want to accompany her is excellent: we will welcome them as a group and I will have my Barbara near me again. Six months is not a long time; I've been alone for so long, another solitude will be no burden. It will be an Advent, a time of joyful expectation. I send her back to you with my blessing."

I went across the room and gave him a huge hug. He returned it and I didn't want to let go. LaRossa cleared her throat and asked: "How soon should we go?"

"Tomorrow, or maybe the next day. It'll be easier to make the arrangements the longer we can wait. In the meantime, get a hold of Sister Laura Athanasia and get her on a plane ASAP as well. I'll let Sister Lucia know I'm on the way back when we make our arrangements."

"Good thinking, Squirt."

Michael looked puzzled. "What does this 'Squirt' mean?" he asked innocently.

"I'll tell you later."

La Rossa and Michael showed me around Kos the next day, and we spent a wonderful afternoon on one of the less popular beaches. He promised me a boat tour of the area the next time I was in there. LaRossa looked pensive but stayed quiet about business after she had confirmation Sister Laura Athanaisa was on her way from Washington to Rome. We got back to Rome, got things straightened up and had Sister Lucia checked out at the Gemelli: she was suffering from early onset dementia, and embraced a treatment program immediately. I managed to get away from my labors long enough to try the new club with Sister Julianna, and Rocco's attention moved to Betsy when she returned to town, much to Sister Juli's relief.

One night after Evening Prayer, I was having a quiet drink with LaRossa and she gave me a funny look. "I know we've been busy, Squirt, but you need to tell me what your great plan is. Kos is too small a place for you, I know, but where are you planning to go?"

"Well, Cardinal Terranova offered me several positions before he left."

"I expected that. Typical Roman and typical bishop: fixing up their friends before they leave power. Where?"

"America. I'm going to Baltimore."

"The East Coast? Why there? What will you be doing?"

"I'm going to be the Associate Director at a new Pontifical Institute on Ministry with the Deaf."

"Wow! That sounds like you'll be in practical charge of a big organization. Don't tell me, some local monsignore is going to be the titular head, and you're doing all the heavy work." I smiled. "I'm impressed; Enrico has more clout than I even thought. I'd ask you if you thought you were ready for something like this, but I imagine you think you are. I think you are, too, for what it's worth. How soon do you have to be there?"

"Four months. I can work here until it's time to go."

"Which will be enough time to prepare the transition." She smiled at me and sipped her drink. "Well done, Helen. We'll come see you in America."

I smiled into my drink. "Can you make it the rest of the way now? Through your term?"

"Oh yes. I was just being impulsive, running away like that, thinking I could leave everything behind. Everything's going to work out well, Michael will be ready for me, and I'll be ready to make a smooth transition when I'm done here. Sister Juli wants to come to Kos, so I'll have some company there other than him. It'll be good. We are blessed, Helen."

"Yes, Mother. We are very blessed."

12
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More nuns please

Chapter 8 would be good. Helen was left hanging as was Alfred. And Betsy in Rome. The St Dunstan series was excellent (both of them). I was pleased at how you emphasised cleanliness after anal. Some grotty authors have the women fellating straight after anal, which to me is gross. Anal seems to be very popular currently on Literotica, even tho I don’t know why. And it seems incest is as well. And this archaic idea that sex between step (Whatever’s) is ludicrous beyond belief. America has at times, very convoluted moral attitudes. Am quite enjoying your stories. Sadly not much is written about more senior men in their 60s and 70s and what is, tends to be poor or sleazy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Thank you for writing these stories

I love the characters. I always hoped LaRossa and the Vicar would wind up together. Your a very talented writer and I look forward to your future works. Thank you again

Share this Story

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

His North Star A miner's wife helps a lost doctor find his path.in Loving Wives
Three Square Meals Ch. 001 An unexpected tip changes a man's life completely.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Teacher's Crossroad Tyson learns a painful lesson. Is it too late to love again?in Loving Wives
Nanny Sarah Hiring a nanny will change Connie's life forever.in Lesbian Sex
Hybrid He saved her life, then she became his life.in Novels and Novellas
More Stories