Starstruck Ch. 07-09

Story Info
Sam and Chase get to know each other
2.8k words
4.68
21.6k
4
Story does not have any tags

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/01/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hi everyone, a big thank you to everyone who has voted and spent the time writing comments. It is much appreciated and gives me the enthusiasm to continue writing. I hope you enjoy my newest installment. Would love to hear your thoughts on it. Happy reading. Once again, all characters are eighteen or over.

Chapter 7

Sam was sitting in her favourite spot, under the oak tree by the lake. It was a beautiful spot and Sam liked to go swimming here. She didn't feel much like swimming today though. Instead, Sam was quietly staring into space. Her whole world was crumbling down around her. Everything she held private and dear was being taken away. Sam knew she was probably being a little melodramatic and she hated wallowing in self pity, but she couldn't help herself.

Just who did he think he was, coming into her life and thinking that he could just take over anything he wanted. Well, this was one girl who wouldn't be star struck by him. Sam was so consumed by her thoughts that she didn't even hear the horse and rider approaching. "Samantha, are you alright?"

Sam jerked her head up quickly, shocked to see Chase standing there. "What do you want?"

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright. Look, I don't know what I've done to offend you and make you hate me, but could you please tell me so I can try to fix it. I'd really like us to both enjoy our holidays." As Chase talked to her he had tied Firefly to a branch and now stood next to Sam.

Sam was confused. He wasn't how she had expected him to be. After all, weren't all celebrities self centered jerks. Maybe she should give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he was like before she judged him. "I'm sorry. I don't really know what to say. I guess having you and my parents here has pushed me over the edge a little bit. To be honest, I don't really want anyone here with me."

"Why not? Don't you like being around other people much?"

"Not really. I hate the world I live in. Don't you ever get tired of all the hypocrisy and bitchiness that goes around in your social circle. Do you ever feel like your surrounded by so mach fakeness that you're going to scream?" Sam was surprising herself, talking to Chase like this. She normally found it hard to talk to people she knew, let alone strangers, but there was something about Chase that made him easy to talk to.

"All the time."

"Really?"

"You know Sam, I wasn't born into this world like you were. Before I became a professional actor I had a normal life. I went to a public school, rode my bike, played with my friends. I was a normal kid. And just because I'm now Chase Major instead of Chase Mathews doesn't mean that I've changed on the inside. I'm not the image you see in photos and on the big screen. So maybe you should stop being so hypocritical yourself and get to know the real me before you judge." Chase could see where Sam was coming from with not liking him, still, it pissed him off a bit that she wasn't prepared to give him a chance before she knew him.

As much as Sam hated to admit it, she knew she had been wrong. As much as she despised the socialites and play boys, it wasn't like her to judge an individual before she met them. "You're right. I've made a mistake and I'm sorry. I guess I've been so stressed lately that I didn't even realise what I was doing. Look, why don't we wipe the slate clean and start over. Hi, I'm Sam Montague. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Chase was a bit put off by Sam's easy retaliation but he wasn't about to go into it. Instead he grinned at her. She wasn't as bad as he thought and it looked like she was trying to make an effort. "Chase Major."

"I thought you said your name was Chase Mathews?"

Chase looked at her sheepishly. "Mathews is the name on my birth certificate, but when Keller Productions signed me, they thought Major sounded more dashing, so to the public, I am officially Major."

"Well, I want to meet Chase Mathews the every day guy, not Chase Major the movie star."

"Chase Mathews. It's a pleasure to meet you. Look, I don't want to break this truce between us, but I have to ask. What's up between you and your parents. I heard you and your father arguing about me before."

"It's nothing. We just don't always see eye to eye, that's all. Look, I really have to get going back to the house, I have some phone calls to make. I'll see you later."

Sam got up and started to walk away. She was going to give Chase a chance, but it wasn't any of his business what went on between her and her parents. Chase realised he had hit a nerve and swore to himself. He knew he shouldn't have bought up what was obviously a sore subject so soon after the truce. "Will you be at dinner tonight" Chase yelled out as Sam walked away.

"I might be. We'll just have to see if you're going to be lucky tonight won't we."

Chase was relieved. What ever tension that had risen up before was now gone. Chase went over to Firefly and mounted her to continue his ride. It would be interesting to see what would develop over dinner.

* * * *

Sam went to her room and pulled out her note book containing all of her planning for the gallery. Although she had organised the wine and champagne and a makeshift bar, she still had to call and confirm the catering company and hire waiting staff that were going to circulate with the food and drink. Although Sam wasn't fussed about what food and drink was served, she knew that the best would be expected and luckily, money wasn't a problem as the school had given Sam an open budget.

Sam picked up the phone and dialed Fredrick and Pierre, a company that hired out waiting staff to all the glitzy and glamorous functions in Los Angeles. Having settled that, Sam went on to call Hamish Peters, the owner of the catering company. Sam had a choice of three caterers to use, and decided on the one her parents used. Now Sam wasn't doing this because she thought her parents would approve. It was simply that she had tasted and liked the food that had been served by them, so she knew that they were good.

"Oh I'm so sorry, I'm afraid we've double booked your night, so we've had to cancel your booking."

"What." Sam was furious. "I made this booking over three months ago. How could you double book."

"I'm so sorry, but we've double booked you with the Treymires. We simply can't cancel them. Surely you understand." Sam swore to herself. She hated the Treymires. The Treymires were basically her parents, only they were the king and queen of their own socialite group. The Treymires and Montagues had been at war for years. Luckily for Sam, the Montagues were considered to be more powerful.

"Yes, of course I understand. But let me just remind you, I am Samantha Montague, daughter of Parker and Emily Montague, who I believe is one of you biggest clients. I would also like to remind you that the job is at St Mathews Academy. Many of the parents that have children at that school are going to be at this function. I don't think it would be too good for business if they found out you had blown them off for the Treymires, do you?" Sam hated being a Montague, but she had to admit that it did have its uses.

"I apologise Miss Montague, I didn't realise who you were. Of course we will be there. What would you like me to make."

"I don't really care. You know what people like my parents like to eat so you can decide. Just make sure you're there on time."

"Of course Miss Montague we will make sure we are there in plenty of time to set everything up, and thank you for choosing us..." Sam hang up the phone. She didn't have the time or patience to continue talking to an ass kisser like Hamish Peters. Now that the phone calls had been made, it meant that nearly everything that could be done from the estate had been done. Now Sam was going to finish that ride.

Chapter 8

Chase sat quietly at the dinner table, feeling extremely uncomfortable. Sam had joined them for dinner that night, dressed as usual in a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. As soon as she had entered the dining room, her Mother had commented on, as she phrased it "Your shabbiness of dress." Sam was used to this so just ignored her and sat down opposite Chase. Chase flashed Sam a smile and was about to ask her a question, when Parker interrupted him about something to do with the stock market or some other dribble that Chase wasn't interested in. This continued for most of the meal with Sam sitting quietly in her seat, until during desert, both Emily and Parker stuffed their mouths full of food at the same time, shutting them up enough for Chase to finally talk to Sam. "So Sam, were you doing anything tomorrow or would you like to come out with me somewhere. I don't really know where to go, but maybe you could show me the town hotspots."

"She would love to show you around, wouldn't you Samantha. I'm sure you have nothing else to do." Parker said, with a hint of warning in his voice. Sam was pissed off that her Father would just volunteer her like that, but at the same time, she wanted to spend time with Chase anyway. Sam had decided that it might be nice to pretend she had a friend for a while.

"Sure Chase. Maybe we could go for a horse ride tomorrow and I'll show you some of the nature sights."

"Samantha, Chase isn't a bore like you dear." Emily piped up rudely. "Why don't you take the limo and go into town for the day. I'm sure Chase would much prefer it to riding on a smelly old horse."

"No, that's fine, really." Chase quickly answered, trying to smooth things over before Sam got her temper working. "I'd love to go riding with you Sam."

"That's great. I'll see you tomorrow morning then, around eight. If you'll excuse me I have some things I need to do." Sam left and headed up to her sanctuary. She had been so busy the last two days, she hadn't been up there yet. Sam walked up the long flight of stairs to the attic and opened the door. It was just as she left it. Her finished paintings were either on easels or stacked against the wall on one side, her canvasses were leaning against the other, waiting to be used. Her paints were in their many draws, tubes of acrylics, water paints and pastels. Her brushes were laying in a row on the table where Sam planned her paintings. Tonight though, Sam just wanted to paint. She didn't know what she was going to paint, didn't want to plan anything or think about what she was doing. Squirting out colours of yellow, red, blue, orange, gray and black, Sam got a large canvas and placed it on the easel. After five hours, she was finished. Sam stepped back to look at her finished work and was both happy as well as sad by what she saw. Because on the canvas, like many others she had painted when she was upset over her parents, was a painting that showed hopes and dreams caged up and smashed to pieces. A painting that yearned for love and acceptance, but was shadowed by hatred and disapproval. A painting that bared her soul.

Chapter 9

Chase got to the stables fifteen minutes early. He knew that Mac would be there and he wanted to talk to him about Sam. He needed to know the deal between Sam and her parents. Walking into the tack room, Chase found Mac cleaning a saddle. "Morning Mac."

"Hello Master Chase, how are ye this mornin."

"Fine thanks, going for a ride with Sam to see the sites."

"That will be a treat. No one knows the sites round ere better than Miss Sam does. Right tomboy she was when she was younger, always running off and exploring."

"Actually, I wanted to ask you about Sam. At dinner last night, I noticed that there was a lot of ah, tension, between Sam and her parents. I was wondering what the story was between them."

"I don't recon that's for me to be telling ye Master Chase. If Miss Sam wants ye to know, she'll tell ye in er own good time. Wouldn't hold me breath though. Has trouble trusting people, and no surprise at that, what with parents like ers. Now then Master Chase, would ye like me to saddle up a horse for ye."

"That's fine Mac. I'll do it when Sam gets here."

"Right then. I'll be off for me cuppa tea." Mac left Chase with thoughts swimming through his head. As much as Chase wanted to find out what was going on, he knew that he would have to get Sam to trust him before he would find out. Chase didn't know why he needed to know, only that he felt he should, what? Protect her from her parents? Chase was so deep in thought that he didn't hear Sam come up behind him.

"Morning Chase."

"Shit, you scared the crap out of me."

"Sorry," Chase could see by the grin on her face that she wasn't. "You ready to go?"

"Yeah. Am I having Firefly again?"

"She'll be fine. You can obviously handle her. You alright tacking her up?"

"Yeah, it's cool." Chase grabbed Fireflies tack. "I looked after the horse I used in Texas Ranger. It was a good way for me to get to know him a little better. Plus I felt since he was making me look good in front of the camera, it was only fair that I made him look good behind it"

"Riding skills and he knows how to look after a horse, my dream man." Chase grinned at Sam's remark. Seeing their truce wasn't even 24 hours old, the two of them seemed to be talking to each other and bantering like they were old friends.

"So, what delights are you planning on showing me today?"

"Well. Today just happens to be the Renaissance Fair. The town puts it on during the holidays. It's a bit corny, but there's jousting and sword fighting and people dress up in funky costumes and stuff. So, did you want to go.?" Sam loved going to the fair and made sure she was there every year. Although Sam had no actual friends in the town, she found she got on well with the people at the fair. They didn't know who Sam was, so they treated her just like everyone else. Sam loved it.

"I've never been to a Renaissance Fair. I'd love to go." Chase could see that the fair was somehow important to Sam. He was a bit apprehensive about going to so public a place, but if it was important to Sam, he would do it.

As it turned out, Chase had one of the best days he'd had for years. A few of the younger girls came up to him for autographs, but as Sam had said to Chase later, the town respected peoples privacy. There was so much to see and do. They watched the jousting and sword fighting, bobbed for apples and had a go at the archery stall. Chase won a teddy bear that he gave to Sam. For the first time in almost five years, Chase felt relaxed enough to be completely himself. He didn't feel like he had to be on guard. The paparazzi didn't know where he was and he knew that the Montagues wouldn't tell anyone he was here. Chase felt free.

Sam was surprised also at how good a day they'd had. Although they had both been getting on alright, Sam had been apprehensive about spending the whole day with Chase. As it turned out, they acted like old friends, teasing and, dare I say it, slightly flirting with each other, joking and laughing. Sam felt that for the first time, she had a real friend.