Stepping in the River, Twice Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sophist801
sophist801
265 Followers

Both of us slept on the flight back to San Francisco, pleasantly exhausted from making love all day Saturday. Jenny did not speak about our day and I believed she would never tell Margo or anyone else for that matter. It was now a matter of me being able to live with the fact I had been the one who had cheated. It was ironic that Margo had started this to test my commitment to her and our marriage. .I failed her test, for certain, but it was an after-the-fact failure that I'd remember until I died.

Now I wondered whether or not Margo had always been true to me. After all I would never have believed anything or anyone would cause me to seek the arms of someone other than Margo and that is exactly what had happened. Forget the fact she'd chosen to do something that I believed hurt me beyond words, I still would never have believed I would slip. I am reminded of the saying that we all have a price.

As our flight was taxing up to our gate, Jenny leaned over and kissed my cheek then said, "Good luck Matthew. I honestly hope everything works out for you and Margo and know this; I will never do anything to hurt you and my friend. My final report to her will be to tell her she would be a fool to do anything like this again. More than that, I will let her know that your love for her has always been something special, something few people ever realize in their lifetime." Then Jenny leaned back in her seat and smiled as she looked straight ahead.

At that moment I thought I could love Jenny just as much as I'd loved Margo. A week ago I would have been adamant that it wasn't possible to love two people as intensely as I'd loved Margo. Maybe I just loved Margo with less intensity? Maybe I was realizing that loving someone didn't mean you owned that person? Whatever the "maybes" were, my feelings for Margo had changed and my steadfast commitment to her was, well, no longer steadfast.

sophist801
sophist801
265 Followers
12