Still the One Ch. 02

Story Info
Part two of the Beverly saga.
3.2k words
4.39
9.2k
1

Part 2 of the 3 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 07/26/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
heartgirl14
heartgirl14
12 Followers

*Author's Note: I am so sorry it took me so long to finish this story. I go to school, raise my son, and look for work; it doesn't leave me much time to write my stories as much as I want to. Part 3 is on the way. Thanks for reading them and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

*

That floored her. How did this stranger know her name? Her lab coat was thrown over the chair, and he couldn't see the name on it. Again she cleared her throat, "Excuse me? Who are you?"

"You don't remember?" he added with a wrinkling of his forehead.

Beverly stood there as patiently as possible, hoping he wasn't just a cute pervert. "I haven't any idea who you are, and to be frank, again, it's closing time."

"Then I'll be frank with you. I'm Ethan Jacobs, Debbie Jacobs' brother. Do you remember me now?"

Before she could even think to control her words, it came out. "Ethan? You can't be serious! That little chump that used to try to lift my skirt? For real, are you him?"

"Don't I look like him? Mom says I haven't changed a bit."

She walked through the swinging pharmacy door while saying, "For Christ's sake, Ethan. How the hell are you? I was just thinking about you."

"You were thinking about me? The girl I thought hated my very soul!"

"Well, you were a downright pest, but so are most little boys."

He looked himself up and down. "I've changed a bit."

"I'll say! Get over here and give me a hug." She delivered the biggest hug, something she never thought she'd give Ethan Jacobs. He was so tall and sexy, and he smelled so good—Gucci aftershave. His muscles showed even under the tweed blazer he was sporting, and she could just about feel everything on. Yes, he was definitely better than that little snot who worshipped the panties she walked in.

He'd grown up nicely from head to toe. He used to be so skinny, but he was perfect now, tight, taut, and in all the right places. Beverly couldn't believe her eyes. It was the one and only Ethan Jacobs. Her fingers smoothed across his smooth cheeks. "How have you been? Where have you been?"

"I'm doing great, got my own business here in town. I never left. I own a Lexus dealership on Richmond Avenue; doing the paperwork for another one. You know I always loved tinkering with cars—and with you."

She wanted to melt right in front of him, but she managed a little self-control somehow. He kept talking while she tried not to be obvious in scouring him down to his very nucleus.

He continued. "I have a little girl I just got custody of, and I've bought a new house."

She had managed somehow to hear what he was saying but was still in dreamland imagining the size of his erection and how it would feel plowing into her. "Really? How old is she?"

"Five and driving me crazy."

"I remember just how insane you were as a kid. You couldn't keep still, and everywhere Debbie and I went, you were sure to go, like Mary's little lamb or something. I didn't even know how you found us most of the time, because we used to hide from you. Remember?"

"I remember, but I was determined to find you, Bev, just like tonight. I didn't need anything in here but you." He smiled like something wild and sexy was inside him. That's what he was, wild and sexy, always had been—probably always would be. She was surprised he'd had only one child.

Ethan took her hand and kissed it. "I've always wondered what happen to you. You were, and still are, the prettiest thing I've ever seen in my life. The only thing was, I just didn't know if I'd ever have a chance with you. Yes, I know I was eight the first time I met you, but—"

"Actually, you were five when I first met you, and you always had a runny nose."

He grinned. "You have an excellent memory, but this is all about you, now. Even when I was ten, I wanted you. When I was thirteen, you were still the best game in town. When I turned fifteen, I thought you were so super-hot, I broke into hives just hearing your name. And believe me, men were calling your name a lot."

"Really? How's that? I was never the precocious type."

"Girl, all I can say is when a man sees you, he never forgets you. I sure remembered."

"I see that. What took you so long?"

"Fear, skepticism. Believe it or not, once I grew up, I got shy. But only around you. You'd speak to me when you saw me and actually treated me as if you really liked me. That set me off. I felt like I was human to you. I wanted to make my move on you then, but you moved away."

She smiled and shook her head. "I simply can't believe you had that much of a thing for me. I thought it was just some silly crush that would go away the minute you hit middle school."

"It went deeper than that, way deeper. You see, I found you after all these years. You just disappeared one day. What happened?"

"I transferred to another university in California to get my degree. Your sister and I were out of contact by the time I returned to Houston, my other friends were either married or moved away. Back then, I just figured I'd leave, too; start over somewhere else. I didn't think anything was left here for me." She smiled into his eyes. "Apparently that wasn't the case."

"It certainly wasn't. Had I known, I'd have searched the city to try and convince you of how I really felt."

She wanted to tell him that she was here for him now, but wasn't that forward? She didn't really know if he was still that attracted to her. Maybe he only wanted to see her for sentimental reasons. His next sentence changed her mind.

"I'm still going crazy over you, Beverly. I just can't help myself. You consume me." He looked down at his Rolex and then back at her. "Look, I know it's late, and you're probably very tired, but would you join me for a drink? My buddy Tad owns the new pub on Washington."

After all these years....She couldn't get over the fact that she was accepting a drink with Debbie's younger brother. But she wanted to be with him now—though that was the last thing she thought she would ever admit to. Ethan was different now, a man—apparently a man who had a lot going for him. It wasn't a everyday occurrence for a black man to be an owner of a Lexus dealership and on Richmond Avenue at that. That was the ritzy part of town.

"Sure, I'd love a drink about now. It's been pretty around here—you know, end-of-the month hell, getting prescriptions filled before the prices raise for the following month. I try to give my elderly clients every thinkable discount, because they deserve it. They've lived long enough to get respect from someone. The government sure doesn't do it."

He smiled and kissed her cheek, feeling the glory of her soft skin against his hungry lips. "You always had a way of caring about others. Even me. I was a pain in the ass, but you and Debbie looked out for me once I found you."

"Someone had to do it. God only knew you were stupid enough to run in front of cars."

"The car would have gotten the worst end of the deal."

"Maybe so. I'd hate to see anything happen to you now." She slowly released his hand. "Let me grab my coat."

Ethan watched the love of his life whisk to the back and lock up. He looked at her pharmacy, realizing she'd done really well for herself. Somehow he'd known she would, but he was even more impressed with her: Beverly was a raving beauty with as much brains as loveliness. He was so thankful that she seemed happy to see him again.

Beverly came out wrapping the belt of her leather jacket around her trim frame and laced her fingers around his again. "I'm ready to have that drink with Debbie's kid brother." Even she had to smile at the sound of it. So did he.

"Kid brother, huh? How I'd love to show you how much of a 'kid brother' I no longer am."

"One step at a time, Ethan. I'm still amazed at how tall you've gotten." She looked into his face with a lighthearted expression. "The second thing I can't get over is that you own a dealership."

"Actually, in about two weeks I'll be the proud owner of a Mercedes dealership."

"Unbelievable!"

Once they were out in the unusually warm October air, she automatically headed for her Cadillac. "You deal with cars all day; let me drive. I know where Tad's pub is. Remember, he was a little pest just like you were. When you weren't trying to put Debbie and me into the nut ward, you were out being a menace to society with him."

"You remember Tad well. He's still a hell-raiser." Ethan pulled her arm. "Ride with me. My Lexus is just over there. I'll bring you back to yours later—much later." There was that sexy grin again, ready, willing, and definitely able to melt her heart and a whole lot more. From the feeling between her warm thighs, she knew there was a new Ethan in town, and in such a sensuous body.

It was warm and cozy inside his car, and he took off his suit jacket. He was wearing a smooth silk shirt and matching tie. Just watching him take off that tie made her panties super-wet. He leaned against the seat and started the engine. Years ago, she couldn't imagine the likes of Ethan Jacobs behind the wheel of anything but a Tonka truck. Times sure were different.

He took her hand. "It's been a long time, Bev. What's been going on with you?"

"Not a lot, just working for a living."

"How long have you been in Houston without me even knowing it?"

"Long enough to buy myself a couple of pharmacies, end a relationship, and try to live my life."

"Then you're still single?"

"Yes, divorced two years."

"Who would divorce you?"

"I divorced him. We weren't right for one another. I wanted monogamy; he wanted a harem. Plain and simple."

He pulled into the street. "It sounds like he had the 'simple' part down to a science. What man in his right mind would want more than you? You'd be enough for any man—certainly enough for me, always have been."

She smiled into his sensual eyes. "You have a way with words. It's working."

"Hmm. How well are they working?"

"Perfectly, Ethan." She didn't know what else to say because her emotions and libido were on overdrive. They drove to Tad's in silence, with hands joined and hearts growing warmer with fondness and anticipation.

Minutes into listening to smooth R&B on Majic 102.1, the oversized neon sign of Tad's pub came up on the right. Ethan smiled at the sign. "He was always into big. Big fights, big women, and big drinks."

"All except for him. He's still the same size he was eighteen years ago."

"Yeah, all five foot five inches of him. For a little dude, he sure leads a big life." He leaned over and kissed Beverly's cheek again, coming so close to the corner of her mouth that he had to actually stop himself before he felt he'd get slapped. "Come on, let's get that drink."

They walked into the dimly lit pub with country music playing in the background. Ethan wrapped his arm around her as he looked around for Tad.

" Why in hell would a short, loud-mouthed black dude be playing Charlie Daniels's, 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia'?, " she asked.

"Because he can, and because he's weird that way." Ethan looked across the room and saw Tad running their way. "He'll give us a table in the back. Is that OK with you?"

"Sure."

Tad reached over and pulled Ethan's hand. "Dude! Where you been lately?" Tad looked over and spied Beverly. A smile appeared on his face that stretched from ear to ear. "I see you've been taking in the action."

"Don't you know who this is, Tad?"

He took Beverly's hand in his. "Who the hell wouldn't know the queen of Houston? Bev, so good to see you. By the way, the article in Houston Monthly was outstanding. It really did you and your pharmacies justice."

"Thank you, Tad. Glad someone actually read that."

Ethan broke in, needing Beverly back in his corner. "I didn't, but I will. Tad, got a table somewhere in the back?"

"You want some alone time with the beautiful Ms. Beverly Stuart, huh?"

She blushed at the insinuation but followed along as Tad led them to a secluded spot in back.

Tad pulled out her chair. "Secluded enough?"

Ethan slid in close to Beverly. "Perfect. Just perfect. What do you want to start off with? Anything you want, you got. Tonight is yours."

"Tonight is ours, Ethan." She thought for a second. "I'll have a glass of sherry."

"Cutty Sark on the rocks for me."

They both watched as the neighborhood loudmouth rushed off to fulfill their order, but within moments their eyes locked, and the air around them stood still.

Beverly was first to break the silence. "What made you want to be a business owner? I figured you'd be a construction worker type who whistled at the first miniskirt that passed you."

"You were the only woman I wanted to whistle at, but after you left, I decided to go to school, do something with my life. I got my MA in Business Administration, and bought my first dealership two years later."

"Hmm, cute and smart."

"Is that what I am to you now?"

"Every step of the way."

"I wish I had been that to you before you left town. I would have been the reason you stayed."

"Frankly, the only thing that was on my mind was finishing my doctoral degree. Then came BJ, who at the time was the love of my life. That lasted a quick minute."

"Right, the polygamy man. What a creep. All the better for me, though." He kissed her perfectly manicured fingers as the drinks came. With her hand still in his, he sipped his whiskey. "If I had been old enough to land you, you'd be my wife right now. No other woman does it for me, Bev."

"What about your daughter's mother? What happened with that?"

"Just about everything was my fault in the destruction of our relationship."

"Why?"

"Because she wasn't you, plain and simple."

That one compliment filled her heart with more warmth than her nine-year marriage to BJ ever supplied. "It couldn't have been just you. There are always two sides to any failed relationship."

"True. She wasn't ready to be a wife...or a mother. I'm ready to settle down, live with someone who absolutely takes me apart every time I look at her."

She didn't know how to handle that. Ethan Jacobs was actually making her nervous, but in all the right ways. Beverly changed the subject in fear of him finding out that she was now a willing pawn in any chess game he wanted to play. "What's your daughter's name?"

"Danica. The second love of my life."

"And the first one is, let me guess, that gorgeous car in the parking lot."

"Wrong. I'm looking at her. Beverly, I know you don't believe me, but I had to find you again. I was determined to see you once more, even if you blew me off."

"Why would I blow you off? You're a perfect gentleman."

"Maybe because when I want something, I never think I'm worthy of it."

"You are worthy, Ethan, and I'm enjoying your company."

"Enough to have another exciting evening with me?"

"Sure. Besides, I want to meet Danica."

Ethan nodded. "She asked me who you were when I mentioned your name once or twice. You stayed on my mind all this time."

"Really?"

"Absolutely, girl! That's why I'd love to take you out tomorrow night. What time do you close for the holiday?"

"Depends on where you want to take me."

He swallowed the rest of his drink. "I've got a great idea, something I've always wanted to do with you—a haunted house. Tomorrow is Halloween, you know."

She moved closer to him, feeling the heat of his thighs against hers. "I am aware of that. I haven't done one of those in years."

"I've got the perfect one, if you're game. It's out a little ways, but it's creepy enough."

"A monster behind every corner?"

"Better! Get this, Hideous Harry's Hellish Hayride and Haunted Haven. Sound fun?"

"What in the world? That sounds like a place you'd come up with. It's a hayride, too?"

"Yep! We can dress up, sit in the back of the hayride, and make out!"

"No kids?"

"None. It's strictly adults."

"I've always wanted to go on a hayride."

"Then let me take you on one. Say, about nine?"

She sipped the last of her sherry. "Let's do it. Funny thing," she rubbed the back of his warm hands, wishing they were sliding up her thigh and into her panties, "I never thought I'd be on a date with Debbie's baby brother."

"It'll be a hell of a date, too, like tonight. If only it could last longer." He looked at his watch. "I have to get Danica from her mom in about an hour or so."

"We have until then, don't we?"

He slowly reached over and took a chance on kissing the most delectable lips he's ever seen. The very impact of her lips on his stiffened an already super-stiff erection. He nibbled her top lip in long, succulent caresses, doing the same to her lower lip. The fact that Beverly was finally kissing him back loosened his body, made him relax to her overtures. His soft voice filled her ears. "God, Bev, I've wanted this so much. I used to dream of you, dream of doing this with you, taking you into my arms and making love to you all night. Is this real? Am I really with you?"

She smoothed the front of his shirt, feeling his rippling muscles, glorying in the touch and aroma of an all-grown-up Ethan. "It's hard to believe, but this is real, Ethan." She kissed his lips again before pulling back, staring into his dark eyes. "This is so amazing."

"Isn't it just? Come on, let's take a drive. Tonight is such a beautiful evening. Let's go to a park I know, take in the night air, sit and talk, get to know one another for a few minutes. Would you like that?"

"No one's ever asked me that before. They usually led, and I followed."

"Tonight is going to be different."

*

Stayed tuned for Part 3. Thanks for reading.

heartgirl14
heartgirl14
12 Followers