Stray Prey Ch. 03

Story Info
Whispers in the night.
4.4k words
4.57
19k
5

Part 3 of the 4 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/30/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sarah followed the young woman into the house with her daughter still sound asleep in her arms. The mansion looked even more deserted and mysterious to her at this late hour than it had earlier in the evening.

"I think it will be best if you stay here for tonight," Lexy decided, opening a heavy door on the first floor and ushering them in. She flicked on the light and Sarah's breath caught in her throat.

The room was spacious and generously furnished, a soft shade of dark green dominating the decoration with heavy curtains and soft plush carpets draped over the dark hardwood floor. In the center of the room, a tall four poster bed stood proudly, ruling the space from its pedestal, an elegant bed cover in a matching shade of green and a few inviting throw pillows completing its majestic looks. Sarah suspected that the sheets of that bed alone cost more than all the furniture in their shabby little apartment together.

"Oh, we can't ... really," she started to back out of the room in protest.

Lexy grabbed her hand and simply tugged her back inside.

"Yeah, I know, all this dark furniture and the those terrible colors! Might look more of a crypt than an actual bedroom at first sight. I've been offering Dominic to redecorate it for ages but he is such a man of habit. I'll see to have a brighter and more suitable one readied for you tomorrow and have the rest of the house informed about your visit once everyone gets home but in the meantime, just for tonight, I think it would be best for the two of you to stay here. Dominic is such a brooding and reserved person, I can hardly find you a more private spot in the whole house than his room, really. I mean, I would offer you mine, but people come bouncing in and out of it by the minute and you my little beauty," she cooed at Annie, " you certainly need your beauty sleep, don't you pretty one?"

Sarah just stood there, trying to take it all in. Was the girl really expecting them to stay in Dominic's bedroom? So much for no one will expect anything from you!

Sensing her unease, Lexy stopped arranging the bed for them.

"I know it is not an ideal solution but you'll be safe here. The property is guarded 24/7, no one can get on or even slip off it without the security system noticing. Besides, Dominic has much influence here and practically no visitors, except for Amelia maybe once in a blue moon. She is out for the night though and not expected to return before the morning. I wish I could offer to stay here with you but ... being the baby of the family ... everyone seems to feel so very responsible, I am probably monitored more closely than the president's daughter!"

Her lively gesticulation along with the dizzy, bubbly lightheartedness that radiated from her vibrant personality earned Lexy finally a small smile from their late night guest.

"Alright. We are staying. I mean ... I am sorry for bothering you so much, we really shouldn't. It is very kind of you to help us in the first place. We really appreciate it."

"Hey, there is nothing I wouldn't do for my niece." She declared, planting a small kiss on Annie's forehead while peeling her carefully from her mother's arms.

"Why don't you go and take a shower? There is an adjacent bathroom behind that door there. I can watch her for you if you like and find you something to wear for the night."

Looking at her sleeping daughter Sarah hesitated. She had grown to trust Lexy quite a bit in such a short time but leaving her baby alone made her heart pound with worry, calling back images of Laura's apartment and the greasy Frank, the results of the last misfortunate attempts at trusting a babysitter.

"I ... I suppose I should do that," she said finally, thanking the girl. Caressing her daughter for a long moment she let go reluctantly, disappearing into the bathroom for the quickest shower of her life.

"Mommy's had quite a tough day, huh? Don't you worry a bit though, cutie. Dominic will take good care of her and aunt Lex will make sure to take the very best care of you. Come on, sweet one, lets get you settled for the night."

***

The moon stood high above the park by the time he arrived, forcing Dominic to keep a tight check on his temper. He drove up to the iron box at the side of the road, rolling down the window and fiddling with the lock for a moment before the slightly rusty metal gave way.

"The security alarm will get off as soon as I snap the cable. It is a switch connection, they should be able to reset the cameras within 10 minutes or less, so be quick about it."

"Ready," the multiple replies echoed in his ear piece.

"Set in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ... go!"

While the hunters swarmed out to scan the park for traces, he turned to the on board laptop.

"Ulysses? Cagliostro here. Forgive me for bothering you at such a late hour but we are in need of an urgent favor. Yes, one of our men .... the name is Quentin ... a complete data sweep ... Fed's have a tape that might cause trouble and have him recognized. Just the usual electronic clean up and a new identity ... yes, it is quite urgent. Thank you, Ulysses. You will be compensated accordingly of course."

"Seven minutes," he breathed after disconnecting.

"Sector one clean."

"Sector four to six clean."

"Sector three, positive, " came Amelia's triumphant declaration. "Get his sorry ass over here, there is work to do."

Dominic leaned back in his seat, watching the automatic count down display run over the red numbers and monitoring the operation on autopilot. His thoughts were drifting though, back to Sarah and Annie, the enchanting picture of the young mother nursing her child all too vivid in his imagination.

His fingers itched to reach for the cellphone and call Lexy, to make sure everything was alright. It had been almost an hour. They have probably all gone to bed and are fast asleep by now. Calling would be foolish, he reasoned, his eyes fixed on the display. 4:57. He could swear that those annoying numbers were turning much slower than usually!

***

The door of the van roared shut and Amelia slid gracefully into the passenger seat, her face a stoic mask despite the fact that they were alone.

He sensed the turmoil of thoughts behind the tightly locked walls of her mind, her unease, but couldn't find a way to penetrate the reserve she had so carefully erected. With an exasperated sigh, Dominic finally relented and kicked the car in gear.

"Should you feel like sharing, I'm here," he added simply, leaving her to the privacy of her worries.

Dominic. Sweet Dominic, if you only knew! Not yet though, it was too soon to tell, she couldn't take a chance, not with this one. She would have to make sure before telling him. Or anyone else for that matter.

Quentin had been so engrossed with the girl and the horny attraction the rising moon had sparked in him, he simply fought the stranger, intent on beating him, on chasing him away and having the girl all to himself. Gathering information was far from his mind. Luckily. She would have probably have him gagged, chained and locked up in any other case.

There was no way he could have kept his big mouth shut without some assistance, Amelia thought spitefully.

"We are going home," she declared finally, "Quentin is following the trace and is to report when the girl is found. We have to find out how much she saw and knows. I have sent Bruce as his shadow. Can't have his sorry ass get us in trouble again."

"What about the stray?"

"He seems to have only chimed in to protect the girl from our self proclaimed Don Juan. There shouldn't be any trouble."

"Are you sure?"

Amelia's eyebrows shut high in annoyance.

"Of course I am! Are you questioning my decision?"

Dominic's smile didn't quite reach his eyes as he bowed his head.

"Of course not. I trust your judgment."

"Then get us home and lets have some rest, just like everyone else. Bruce is on the guard and will let us know about the progress soon enough."

Home. The word seemed to have developed a new appeal for Dominic. Amelia watched him accelerate the car just a little more than his usually relaxed and calm manners would allow. Her emerald eyes searched his face for long moments before the picture of a run down apartment appeared in her mind.

So that was why he had relented so easily!

The young mother's face she saw triggered other memories though, her disheveled looks, the messy dirty blond locks, until she conjured up a quite different image of the same young woman, kneeling half naked in front of Quentin's tall frame, her shaky fingers fiddling with the zipper of his fly.

"Was that really necessary? To show me that?" Dominic demanded suddenly out loud, anger overtaking his usually composed demeanor.

Amelia squeezed his arm gently.

"If you are falling even half as deeply for the girl as I suspect, then yes, more that necessary. You have to see clearly who you are dealing with. In your own interest."

"You mean in the clan's interest."

"Yes, that as well. Quentin is hard to control as it is, I can't have you slit each other's throat over the honor of a human hooker."

"Her name is Sarah! She and her daughter will stay at the mansion for a while. They are my guests and I expect you and everyone else to treat them accordingly."

Complications. Humans meant nothing but complications and complications were the last thing Amelia needed at that moment.

She fought hard to regard the situation from a positive point of view. Perhaps the little distraction they provided would not be that bad after all. A baby and a prostitute. It will certainly have the house buzzing with interest and keep Dominic busy enough to stay out of the affairs of the family for a while. Putting Quentin's big mouth and bruised ego to good use should prevent them from getting settled too cozily.

Afterwards, once the stray had been hunted down and killed, she could still find a way to get rid of them.

***

Barely had darkness fallen upon her room with Rosaline switching off the lamp on her nightstand, she felt the bed shift behind her already with the massive weight of her guest.

"What are you doing here?" She hissed in the darkness, all too aware of her heart beat accelerating and her body reacting to his closeness once again with mounting arousal.

"Your couch is awfully cold," he complained, slipping under the bed cover and snuggling close to her side. His arm went around her slender waist with ease, pulling her close to his hard, naked body, wrapping himself in her softness and warmth with a clingy embrace.

"Nice to see that you still remember the couch being part of our sleeping arrangements."

"Come on, sweet Rose. Drop those thorns. I really just want to smell you for a while. Maybe touch you, taste you. It's been so long. I can impossibly remember if you are truly as enticing for real as in my fading memories," he crooned into her ear, his tongue an able seducer against the sensitive skin of her neck.

"It's been barely five minutes," she mewled in weak protest.

"Actually more like three, " he corrected, suckling on the tender flesh just underneath her jawline. "This is different though, don't you think?"

His hands didn't remain still either. They seemed intent upon exploring every inch of her, every delicious valley and curve of her unsettled body, traveling across the graceful expanse of her back, relishing in the gentle contrast of the soft cotton camisole and her silken skin, brushing against the side of her breasts teasingly, tickling her belly in the most delicious ways that had her shaking with giggles and rubbing her thighs together with mounting need and pure sexual frustration.

"How ... how so?" She managed to finally string together the question that had been on her mind all along. His exploration against the generous curve of her bottom, those teasing fingers at the back of her pajama pants, tugging at the waistband playfully, were for sure not helping to carry on their conversation.

"I am not quite sure. It feels very different to me though. Might just be the darkness, its mystery. So much more intimate. You even feel warmer in my arms, softer to the touch. There are no vibrant lights around to steal the limelight from your pretty face, those delicious lips, the blush that creeps into your cheeks whenever you realize that you are starting to get wet for me. Hot, wanton and so very wet. God, Rose! I want you so much!"

She was not quite prepared for the vehemence of his attack, his arms tightening around her waist and ribcage almost painfully. His kiss was hungry, forceful and demanding, barely leaving her time to catch her breath before diving back into the sweet cavern of her mouth for more. He felt lightheaded and wanton himself, insatiable when it came to the feel, the smell, the taste of her. He couldn't get enough, finding himself caught in a vicious circle of desire. Every gentle bite, every kiss, every single one of her compliant moans urging him on, scourging his desire for her anew. Faster, stronger, more demanding until reason seemed to have left his mind completely, leaving him in a crazed state of sexual ecstasy.

She squirmed in his arms, fighting for air, struggling to get out from underneath him but only managing to get more entwined with his needful body. Arching her back she met his fierce kisses with a passion that betrayed her inexperience, wanting, needing more. His hunger and urgency proved infectious and soon had both of them panting hard, their lips barely parting, their naked bodies entangled in the sensual dance of mating.

He coaxed her open, peeling one item of clothing after the other off her squirming body, purposeful, unrelenting, until she became aware of the throbbing heat of his flesh rubbing sensually against the moist juncture of her thighs. Her pussy oozed with need under the ministration of his expert fingers, coating his rigid flesh with the evidence of her arousal, the heavy smell of their mingled excitement filling the air around them and driving him absolutely wild. When he grabbed her hips purposefully, rising above her hyperstimulated body, getting ready to plunge himself into the depth of her sweetness, Rosaline was struck by sudden panic .

"Wait! Wait! Please wait," she pleaded, her fingers digging into the straining muscles of his arms.

A low growl erupted from his throat.

"This ... is not the most ideal moment for a chit chat," he gritted out with obvious effort but keeping his body perfectly still.

The way she licked her dry lips, the sensual morsel of her tongue caressing her swollen bottom lip, did not exactly help to keep his libido in line or his control either.

"It is just that ... I am not like this ... not this kind of girl ... you must understand, please!" Biting her bottom lip and nibbling on it nervously she hesitated.

God, she was about to ruin it all! Should she just go through with it and not tell him? What must he think of her now? A wanton whore, a cheap, easy girl jumping a complete stranger like a bitch in heat! God, she felt so terribly ashamed.

The tears that rolled down her cheek as she turned her head away were met by the gentle brush of his fingertips.

"Rose, sweet Rose. Please don't cry. I already know," he crooned into her ear.

In the darkness he saw her eyes go wide, look at him bewildered. She could have impossibly seen the gentle smile curving his lips, the warmth illuminating the depth of his green eyes. Gathering her in his arms tenderly he just held her for long moments, stroking her hair, kissing the side of her face with a gentle generosity that betrayed his own painful desire.

"Shh, love. It is alright. I know all this is new for you. Hell, even I have never felt such intensity, such a deep longing before. I was not thinking, but that is no excuse. I should not have my desire blind me and much less scare you. My brave Rose, please don't cry."

The hot tears flowed freely, frustration and fear turning into a heart wrenching warmth that seemed to unlock the floodgates under the pressure of the events of the night. Overwhelmed by emotion she clung to him, let him hold her, kiss away her tears.

"I want it ... I want you," she tried to explain desperately, to keep him from thinking her some immature cry baby that couldn't handle a man like him, to keep him from walking out of her bed, walking out of her life. "It is just so intense ... so much ... I have never ... never before ..."

"I know, love. I know. You are my precious treat, aren't you? All mine and just for me?" He brushed the tip of his nose against hers in a playful Eskimo kiss, delighting in the soft giggle he coaxed from her.

"Intimacy is ... it should be mind blowing and intense and drive you crazy, at least that is the only kind that I find worth sharing. When the person you are with becomes the center of your world, the sole purpose of your existence, the reason for your every breath. When you look into their eyes and know that it is them that make the daily struggles of life worthwhile, when you feel them respond to your words, your touches, your every sigh with marvelous synchronism, a visceral reaction that is so rare, so incredibly rare, Rose. I am rambling though, aren't I?" He chuckled against her silky hair softly.

Her touch on his face was tender, her caress soothing.

"I didn't know that the heart of a poet was hiding in the muscle-bound chest of my hero."

His eyes fixed on her thoughtful gaze, the gentle curve of her smile, feeling a peace settle over his heart far beyond the struggles of the animalistic urges that had his body aching with need for release.

"Well, I certainly am a man of numerous surprises. But exploring them all takes time ... a brave heart ... and much curiosity."

"I was being serious, you know," she answered finally after a long, intimate silence, her fingers never ceasing their touch on the unbruised side of his face. "I do want this, to have you close, to be with you ... I just got frightened .... before. I mean, part of it is my inexperience for sure but another part is ... I know we have just barely met but I feel as if you would already know so much about me and I ... I know almost nothing in return. I don't even know your name!" she finished, burying her burning face against his neck.

She felt his chest rise and fall as he let out a shuddery breath, long moments of silence passing between them, their breathing the only audible sound in the room.

"I wish I could tell you, I wish it so much, you can't possibly know. But there are things Rose, things I need to get sorted out first, disturbing questions I need to find the answer to before I can move on with my life. I know what it sounds like, when the answer to your every question is "I don't know". I won't ask you to believe me, I won't ask you to trust me. Trust yourself though, try to trust your instincts, love. My own ones have proved the only reliable compass I have. And I can just hope that, if mine have guided me to you tonight, then yours may guide your heart to me."

His lips brushed against hers in a feathery light kiss, not the kiss of a conqueror, neither that of a warrior intent on claiming his prize. Rather the kiss of a longing man, warm and lingering, bearing testimony of words that eluded him and promises he couldn't not make. Not yet. But perhaps one day.

"And as for my name," he added in a more lighthearted voice, " why don't you give me one?"

Her frown was ever so endearing.

"What do you mean give you one? Everyone has a name!"

"Not that I can recall, I am afraid."

"You're teasing," she accused with a pout. "Making fun of me is not nice!"

"Can I help it that you look so perfectly adorable whenever your temper rises?"

She punched his arm playfully.

"You can't possibly be serious!"

"Of course I am. Come on, sweet Rose. Give me a name. Everyone has one as you have said. Don't leave me the odd one out, I beg you."

12