Subway Girl Ch. 06

Story Info
6th chapter in a story about love and redemption.
4.8k words
4.81
39.1k
38

Part 6 of the 13 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/31/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DonnaBeck
DonnaBeck
1,052 Followers

I watched Alicia get off the subway and almost didn't recognize her at first. I was expecting to see her in her professional clothing, but she had on dark jeans, brown boots that stopped just below the knee, and an orange top that was shaped like a triangle and hung off one shoulder.

"Damn, girl. You look hot!" I whispered, as I hugged her and gave her a quick kiss. Then I pushed her back to arm's length to get another look at her. She smiled and said, "I changed clothes after work."

"I would have guessed so. That is not a very professional ensemble. It would have been too distracting for your male coworkers." I had stopped by my apartment and changed out of my work boots and put on the only button-up shirt I own. Carnegie's is super casual, but I still wanted to look good for her and now I was really glad that I made the effort.

She took my hand and we started walking through the station when I heard, "Ray, Ray, Ray!" I turned toward the sound and saw Robbie looking pretty grungy, as usual. "Ray, my man!" He stuck out his hand and I shook it as he patted me on the shoulder with the other one. "Look at you, man! All cleaned up! On a date too?" He looked Alicia up and down savoring her with his bugged-out eyes. "Mmm, mmm, mmm, look at you."

"Hey Robbie, this is Alicia."

Alicia said "Hi" and did not stick out her hand. I guess Robbie looked a little intimidating. I felt nervous that he might say something revealing and tried to keep the conversation short.

"Wait a minute," he looked back at me. "Is this the girl from the subway?"

"Yeah, this is her."

"Damn, man! I knew it!" He turned to Alicia and said, "I was there! I was there the day you hugged Ray and rocked his world. I saw the whole damn thing. I was there another time too!"

"You were?" Alicia asked, head tilted to one side like she was trying to remember.

"Yeah, well, Ray told me to stay quiet, that's why you didn't notice me," Robbie turned to me to wink, probably reminding me that he did me a favor -- one I paid him for. "Speaking of which, . . Hey, Ray, you got three dollars on you? I'm a little short for my subway pass. I'll get you back next time I see you." Robbie was scratching himself the whole time he was talking.

"Sure," I said and handed Robbie a five. He didn't offer change and I didn't care; I just wanted to get away before he said too much. I could feel myself starting to sweat.

"Thanks, man. You lookin' good by the way. Good to see you all cleaned up. And you," he turned to Alicia. "Lookin' fine as always!"

"Thanks," Alicia smiled politely.

Robbie left us and I sighed in relief. "That was kinda weird. How do you know him?" Alicia asked.

"Just from the stations," I admitted truthfully. "You meet some very interesting people in subway stations." I squeezed her hand, wanting to steer the conversation away from why I am on such friendly terms with a mildly crazy, severely homeless guy.

"Yes, I've met someone pretty interesting in a subway station," Alicia squeezed my hand back as we walked out of the station and up to the fresh air on the bustling sidewalk.

My rent was paid and I had eighty five dollars left over, thanks to Don paying me extra for working late the previous day. I wasn't that worried about running out of money now that I had a consistent job and was put on payroll. I reported on my unemployment form that I had a new job, so that would be cut off, but I was about to run out of unemployment benefits anyway. I had a new feeling of security, not complete security, but more than I had felt in many months. It made me think of Maslow's pyramid and I didn't want to get cocky, but it felt like I was moving up. I was even allowing myself to have hope about Alicia. I felt much more comfortable around her and wasn't plagued by the thought that every time I saw her would be the last. And I actually was able to take her on a date.

When we arrived at Carnegie's there was a line outside, but that didn't concern me at all. If anything, it gave me more time to talk to Alicia. I could smell smoked meat and my stomach was rumbling and I hoped she didn't hear it. She asked if I minded if she took a photo and of course I didn't. She said she didn't want to embarrass me by looking like a tourist and I honestly said she couldn't embarrass me if she tried. Obviously she doesn't know the humiliation of reaching into a trashcan looking for food; taking a cellphone pic was nothing to be embarrassed about.

Alicia chattered on and on about Carnegie's. Apparently she had done some research online and knew the history of the place, "The food is supposed to be great, but some people complain about the service and there was definitely a lot of complaints about the share charge."

"What's that?"

"They charge you $ 3.00 if you share your food with someone."

"That seems weird. So you have to order your own sandwich and just throw food away when there are so many people hungry in this city?" I complained.

"Yes, that's true. I didn't think about that. I just wonder why they make their sandwiches so ginormous? No one can eat the whole thing anyway."

"I can," I stated confidently.

"Have you seen them?" she asked.

"Oh yeah, I've eaten one before." Alicia got a funny look on her face, so I teased her, "I bring all my dates here. It's kind of a test, if they can't eat the whole sandwich, I don't go out with them again."

Alicia got a panicked look on her face, and I saw instantly that I'd better not mess with her too much. "I'm joking. I ate here once with Carlos and we challenged each other to eat the whole thing. We both finished our sandwiches, but we were hurtin' afterwards."

Alicia laughed and said, "Impressive. Do you think you can do it again?"

"I sure do. I skipped lunch."

Alicia giggled and asked, "Do you mind if I check us in on Facebook?"

"Why would I mind?"

"I don't know. In case there's some girl you don't want to know that you're out on a date."

I laughed at that, but then it occurred to me that maybe she kept posting on Facebook because she had a guy back in California, maybe she was trying to make someone jealous. "What about you?"

"Oh, there might be a few guys who are going to be disappointed, but I don't want them to think I'm available. I know it probably seems pretty immature that I post on Facebook so much, but I want my friends and family to know that I am doing okay and that I am out having fun, not just working and going to school all the time. Some of my friends are really interested in what it's like here, and I get pretty excited talking about it." Alicia was going on and on about how she loved New York and how different it was, but I was not being a good listener. My mind was still stuck on the statement that she didn't want other guys to think she was available. She wanted people to know she was with me. My mood was skyrocketing and she was still yapping about New York, so I pulled her in close and kissed her.

"Wow, what was that for?" Alicia was smiling.

"I don't know, I just felt like kissing you."

Alicia was beaming up at me and said, "Well if I kissed you every time I felt like it, I wouldn't even be able to hold down a job or go to school. I'd end up homeless and wandering the streets."

This made me laugh and stung me at the same time. "Alicia, do you think that's what causes people to be homeless?" I whispered in her ear, "All these men and women just kissed too much and didn't show up to work?"

Alicia laughed, "No, but that sounds like a lot more fun than being a drug addict or alcoholic."

"It sure does, but not all homeless people are drug addicts or alcoholics, you know."

"Oh, very true! Some are mentally ill, some are down on their luck. I think it is a multi-faceted problem..."

I was trying to listen to this serious discussion, but I found myself totally distracted by Alicia's exposed shoulder and thinking about kissing it. I wondered if she could be wearing a bra because no strap was visible. I looked down at her tits and it seemed like she was. Luckily, we got a table right at that moment, before I got caught staring at her chest.

"Wow, Ray! They weren't kidding about the size of those sandwiches!" She whispered exuberantly. We were led to our table and a waiter set down menus without saying anything. "There's no way you can eat that whole thing!"

"That sounds like a dare. A pretty easy one too."

The waiter came back and set a dish of pickles on our table and still didn't say anything. I immediately tasted one and was blown away by that sour crunchy flavor. I wasn't sure if they were extraordinary or if I was extremely hungry, or if the fact they were free made them even more delicious. Alicia was studying the menu and said, "I don't know why I'm even looking, I already checked out the menu online and know exactly what I am having."

"A pastrami sandwich, right?" I guessed.

"No, the Greek salad."

"Alicia! You cannot come to Carnegie's and order a salad! You have to have a sandwich!"

Alicia expression changed to worry as she leaned in and whispered, "Please Ray, don't make me eat a sandwich."

Her face was killing me right then -- she looked so young and vulnerable. Of course I answered with, "I was teasing you, Alicia. Eat anything you want. I don't care."

Relief washed over her face, right as the waiter came. Alicia ordered a Greek salad and a diet Coke; I ordered a Pastrami sandwich and a beer. I was really looking forward to tasting the first beer I'd had in a long time. "You'll try a bite of my sandwich, though, won't you?"

"Is it pork?"

I laughed at that, "It's kosher."

"Oh yeah, I forgot," she laughed. "Sorry to be such a pain in the ass."

"You're not a pain in the ass. Why would you even say that?"

Alicia shrugged and picked up a pickle. The waiter came back with our drinks and said he forgot to ask for my ID, so I took out my wallet and showed him, and then left my wallet on the table. "What's that?" Alicia gestured toward my wallet.

"My wallet?"

"No, that piece of paper sticking out."

"Oh, that's the note you gave me." I pulled it out and showed her. It was the note that said her name and that hugging me was the bright spot of her day. I like to take it out and look at it every once in a while.

Alicia cheeks were turning bright red, "I can't believe you saved that in your wallet. That is so sweet but so embarrassing."

"Why?"

"I gave you a note. That is so... I don't know... high school."

"I never thought that. I was glad you did."

Just then our food came and my sandwich was about eight inches tall. I made the Sign of the Cross as a joke, like I was going to need help eating it and Alicia asked, "Are you Catholic?"

"Not practicing, although I did go to church the other day. They were having a rummage sale and I got this shirt." I couldn't believe I said that and instantly regretted it.

"Oh cool! I like that shirt! Next time they have a rummage sale, will you take me?"

"You like rummage sales?" I asked, genuinely surprised and relieved.

"Yes, I like a lot of things," she answered.

"You don't like pork."

Alicia laughed, "True, I don't eat pork. But I do like guys who have green eyes and can devour really big sandwiches."

"Well, I'm about to be your hero." I said, and dug in.

* * * * *

After we finished eating, I asked Alicia if she wanted to take the subway together back to her regular station and she asked if we could walk.

"Really? It's kind of far. But I would like to walk off this sandwich." I said, rubbing my abdomen.

"What about cutting through the park? Is it safe? Have you been in the park at night?"

"Oh yeah, I've spent a lot of time in the park at night. You technically aren't supposed to be there after 1:00 a.m., but at this time of night the upper part is safe. There's even a bunch of joggers at night and people out walking dogs after work. But I wouldn't want to think of you walking there alone after dark. Are you okay to walk in those boots?"

"Oh yeah, they're really comfortable." Alicia answered. "Thanks for being considerate, though."

"I used to go out with this girl who would wear really high heels and she always ended up mad because her feet hurt. Sometimes we would have to park the car and walk a block to the club or a restaurant and she would get so pissed. I liked the way the shoes looked, but every time she wore heels I knew we were going to get in a fight. I liked her better in her sneakers," I laughed.

"Was that in New York or before you moved here?"

"Oh, that was back at home. I haven't had a car or a girlfriend since coming to New York."

"Well, you don't need a car," Alicia laughed. "That is one thing I don't miss about California."

"Yeah? What do you miss about California?"

"Aside from my friends, the weather," Alicia whispered, like it was something she didn't want to admit, even though no one was around or interested. "It is just so easy. I appreciate the change of seasons and all, but in California it didn't even snow where I lived."

"Never?"

"Never. I would have to drive about an hour to get to snow and mountains. Big mountains, Ray, not hills, although we have rolling hills too. The topography is so diverse, I could drive five minutes and be at the beach, or two hours and be in the desert, or three hours and be in the central valley where there are miles and miles of farmland."

"I never associate California with farms."

"Oh, you'd be surprised. We used to drive to see my grandma and for five hours straight we sat in the car seeing nothing but farms, orchards mostly. Do you know what they were growing?"

"Oranges?"

"Good guess, but no. Almonds. California's main crop is almonds and they grow almost all the almonds consumed in the world, with Spain being a very distant second. I looked it up online while we were driving through miles and miles of short trees."

"Are you sure you don't want to be a teacher?" I laughed and Alicia laughed too. "I've noticed you like to research things."

"That's true. I am very curious. And I noticed you like to read a lot."

"Yes, I do. How about you? Do you read much fiction?"

"I used to, but with all my studying I haven't been able to indulge in a novel for a long time. I always feel like I need to study, even on the subway. Plus, my mind is really full, but I loved to read growing up."

We had walked into the park and I took a big whiff and told Alicia to smell it. The park smells different at night. Instead of just grass, there are other plant smells that become prominent, things I can never smell during the daytime. I stopped Alicia and told her to look around. We stood there turning a slow circle admiring the skyline. It does look so very different at night, very beautiful. It is an odd feeling to see so many lights on, knowing there are so many people close by, yet we were almost alone.

"Look how pretty the Essex House looks at night!" Alicia said in her excited-girl way.

"Look how pretty Alicia Klaer looks at night," I said, looking down at her. I was looking at her sweet and effervescent face, marveling at how pretty she looked under the starlight. I bent down like I was about to kiss her, but then made a sharp right turn and kissed that bare shoulder I had been staring at all night. Alicia gasped and I stopped and looked at her and she giggled and said, "I thought you were about to kiss me."

"I was. And I still am. I just wanted to start with this shoulder I've been admiring all night."

I went back to that shoulder and kissed it again, slowly, but this time I didn't stop. I kissed that bare shoulder and gradually worked my way up her neck, travelling from the collarbone up to the spot below her ear, meandering, tasting her skin along the way, inhaling the smell of her hair. I slowly kissed my way across her jawline all the way to her mouth and by this time I noticed she was breathless. I was pleasantly surprised by how eagerly she was responding to my kisses. She was pressed up against me and I wasn't even pulling her in. As we continued exploring each other's mouth, I allowed my hands to do a little exploring down south to that delicious ass I had admired so many times.

I heard the steps of a jogger coming up and broke the kiss and looked down at Alicia's grinning face. We started walking again, silently. There were plenty of people running and walking through the park and we passed a few homeless people sleeping on benches.

"That's so sad," Alicia said when we passed a guy on a bench who had covered himself in cardboard.

"Not that sad," I answered. "It's pretty warm out. The winter is when it's really sad."

* * * * *

When we got to Alicia's apartment, she stopped on the steps and turned around to face me.

"Ray, I want to ask you something, but I don't want you to take it the wrong way."

"What is it?" I asked, suddenly a little nervous.

"Well, you know I need to go in and I have to wake up early tomorrow, but I was wondering if Friday you might want to come over and I'll cook dinner for you and maybe we can watch a movie, but... well... I just don't want you to think, I mean, I really like you, obviously, but I don't want to give the impression..." Alicia sighed and went on, "Some guys would think it means... and it's not that...."

I was getting amused by Alicia's stammering and I knew exactly what she was trying to say so I decided to let her off the hook. In fact, my confidence around her was to a point now that I felt I could use my "Sha-Nay-Nay" voice on her. That is what Carlos called it when I used my "strong black woman" voice and it always cracked him up, so I said, "Alicia, I will come to your apartment and eat with you, but I am NOT having sex with you, so just get that idea out of your head!" I waved my finger in a "no" fashion.

Alicia started laughing and put her hand over her mouth, so I went on, rubbing my chest with one hand, "Cuz my body is a temple, and I respect myself, and you're gonna have to respect me too, so don't think just cuz you cook dinner that gives you free access to my boxer-briefs!" I put my hand on my hip.

Alicia was really cracking up now. "I am not that easy, mmm, mmm. I'll put a padlock on my belt buckle so you know, these pants are staying on! And just like Cinderella, I'm leaving before midnight, so don't even try to seduce me. Girl, you are just going to have to try and control yourself and be patient." I was jutting my hips back and forth now to accentuate my point.

"Oh my god, Ray, you are so funny."

"I'm serious, though, Alicia," I said in my normal voice. "I'm not the kind of guy who thinks that dinner means sex. I'm in no hurry."

"Thank you," she said, smiling at me and pulling me in for a hug. I kissed her goodbye and said, "But please cover up those shoulders. I'm only human."

* * * * *

Thursday morning I was awakened by my own raging hard-on. Apparently my dick got the message that we now had privacy and demanded to be heard on a daily basis. I guess good ole Maslow considered this a "physiological" need, so I didn't trip on it at all, but I was still very careful not to imagine Alicia, which was difficult after that kissing in the park.

Carlos and I have this expression, "False Advertisers." That is what we call girls who put all this effort into dressing in a really sexy way to attract guys, but aren't really into sex at all. The way Alicia kissed me back was extremely passionate and sexy, yet she didn't need to wear a mini skirt or show off her cleavage. Although I was curious about her cleavage. Very curious.

I did some crunches and sets of push ups after I got off the couch. I don't have any fat on my body and have a tendency to get too skinny and now I had to consider being seen without a shirt. There were all kinds of things on my mind now that I wasn't using all that energy worrying about staying warm or fed. I laughed at myself thinking it was like a second puberty I was having. I hoped I didn't get any zits.

DonnaBeck
DonnaBeck
1,052 Followers
12