Sugar and Spice Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Amber then heard someone screaming, and felt as if something was being ripped from her.

The doctor looked down in between her legs again, and gasped. "It's coming," he said. "You're doing good, Amber. Push."

"Amber, push!" Felix cried.

From where Amber knew not, something was gripping onto Felix's hand, and she heard a groan, and something coming out of her. She then felt everything, and let out a scream.

"It's out!" the doctor said. "We've got a baby boy!"

"Amber, it's a boy!" Felix cried, and Amber found herself gazing at the most shockingly beautiful baby she's ever seen, maybe even more beautiful than Murphy. She gasped, and the doctors weighed him and cleaned him, before wrapping him up in the traditional blue blanket and little blue cap and putting him in Amber's arms.

"Oh, my God," she whispered, looking down at him. "He's so perfect," she said, looking up at Felix and grinning.

"What's his name?" Felix asked, reaching out and touching his head.

Amber sighed. She had no idea. "Ethan," she said, kissing him on the forehead and grinning. "This is Ethan Gregory Zucchero," she said, pulling him a bit closer to her. "God... I am so glad Ben isn't here..."

"What happened with him? Besides him showing up uninvited..."

"By me!" Amber cried. "I don't know if Mandy invited him or what. But...he called me a lesbo...and said that Murphy wasn't my daughter... Part of me wonders if he knew that I picked the name, he wouldn't have even called her that..."

"That man is an asshole," Felix said. "God, I'm so sorry."

Amber shrugged. "Well, if Mandy wants him in her life, then she obviously doesn't want me in her life," she said simply.

"Well, we have a guest bedroom that is yours," she heard from the doorway.

She looked up. "Victor!" she cried. "Nathan!"

Nathan bounded up to the bed, a grin on his face. "Who's this?" he asked in his inquisitive voice.

"This is Ethan," said Amber. "And are you serious, Victor?"

Victor nodded. "Of course. You can crash as long as you need to, rent-free."

"Rent-free?" Amber cried. "Why...?"

"Because you're our friend?" Felix said, grinning. "Besides, we've all been there. Victor and I separated for six months right after Nathan turned two."

"Oh, gosh," Amber said.

"No big deal," Victor said. "We resolved it, and now we're happy."

"Good," Amber said. "But...I don't know what to do about Mandy. I still love her, but..."

"Do you want to call her?" Victor asked.

Amber sighed. "I'm afraid Ben will answer."

"That jerk's back in the picture?" he demanded.

Amber nodded. "I'm afraid so."

"I could call her," Felix said.

"Would you do that for me?" Amber asked.

"Yes," Felix said, taking out his phone. He dialed Mandy's number. "Should I tell her everything?" he whispered.

She shrugged. "Might as well..."

"Hey, Mandy, it's Felix. Yes, she's right here. Yes, she's fine. She's with me, and Victor, and Nathan, and Ethan. Ethan is her son. I know she didn't tell you. Yes, we know that Ben is visiting." Felix tapped his foot. "It's just not that simple, Mandy. She's going to crash with us for a few days. Yeah, uh-huh, she'll call you then."

"How is she?" Amber asked after he hung up.

"So-so," he replied. "Concerned for you, I guess."

Amber nodded. "Okay."

"So what are you going to do?" Victor asked.

Amber looked up. "I'm going to take it one day at a time..."

Two weeks later, Amber was completely recovered physically from the birth. Emotionally, she'd need another few days. One night, Felix wanted to take everyone to an early dinner, but Amber opted to stay home. Felix stayed with her, and Victor took Nathan out by himself.

She then decided to take Ethan for a walk in the park, and Felix agreed to tag along. It was still in the mid-sixties in temperature, so a little sweater and a hat would be perfect for Ethan on that day.

As they walked, she sniffed the air and smelled hot dogs. Felix left her side while she made little circles to appease Ethan, and heard the sound of someone following her. She turned around, and was shocked to see Ben standing there.

"Well, what do you want?" she asked, crossing her arms.

"I want my son," he said.

"This is my son, dammit!" Amber said. "I got pregnant with Ethan by artificial insemination. You have no parental claim against this child whatsoever. Now, please leave me alone."

"No filthy lesbo is going to raise that baby!" he cried, and made a grab for the carriage.

"Ben, stop!" she screamed, trying to get it back.

Ben knocked her down just as Felix was rushing towards them. "Oh, you're the filthy homo!" Ben said, knocking Felix down as well.

In the mean time, Amber had quickly recovered and made a grab for the carriage, and began to run.

"Get back here!" Ben screamed, running after her.

"Help!" she yelled through the park. "Someone help me!" She ran across the street, exiting the park. From behind her, she heard a car horn and a slamming noise, and turned around after she'd gotten safely to the other side of the street.

"Are you all right?" Felix asked, making his way through the crowd that was gathering to her.

"I'm fine," she said. "Did Ben...?"

"Get hit? Yes."

"How is he?"

"It looked like both his legs were broken..."

Amber covered her mouth. "Oh, God... Who hit him?"

"No idea..."

Amber sighed. There was a bench nearby and she fell into it. Felix wheeled Ethan over and sat down next to her.

"Are you all right?"

She shrugged. "I don't know. I thought... I thought he was going to take Ethan away from me." She looked down at her son, his dark blue eyes, his raven hair. He was every inch a beautiful child. "I just...I love him so much ...I guess I never thought about what I would do if something happened to me..." She took out her phone and dialed Mandy's number.

"Hello?"

"Mandy, it's me. It's Amber."

"Hey," she said. "How's...Ethan?"

"He's doing well, thanks. Um...Ben tried to take him today...and he got run over by a car... Felix thinks he may be paralyzed..."

"Oh, God..."

"Yeah. Listen...we need to get together for coffee or something..."

"Why?" Mandy asked.

Amber smiled a little sadly. "Because...I just realized how potentially short life can be today. I need to discuss the rest of my life with someone very important to me."

"I'm free next Thursday at four. You could come by the condo, and I can make us drinks?"

"I'm breastfeeding," Amber replied. "You think you could make them non-alcoholic?"

"I can," Mandy replied, and Amber could hear the smile in her voice.

"I'll see you then?" she asked.

"See you then," Mandy said, and hung up.

As she put her phone away, Amber could just see herself licking Mandy's pussy, with the ring on her finger, as both of their children slept down the hall in the nursery.

12