Sugary Sweet

Story Info
Can Sugar ever get past her weight?
4.5k words
4.13
65.3k
11
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
chosak
chosak
51 Followers

Hope you like. Leave comments and give me feedback, please! Thanks!

***

Sugar could hear the giggles as she walked down the hall of her dormitory. When she had graduated high school, she thought for a moment that people in college would be more mature; that the staring, laughing, and constant teasing would stop. The teasing stopped, but the stares and laughs were still there.

Sugar McCoy tried to loose weight. She'd been on countless diets, pills, tried to eat healthier, everything possible. She hid in baggy clothes, but it just made it worse. She wasn't terribly obese, just a little on the chubby side. She even resorted to just stopping eating entirely. That was when she was a sophomore in high school. Her mother found out and immediately put a stop to that.

High school had been a nightmare for the nineteen-year-old. Sugar and her brother, Axel, had gone to the same high school. It was rather large; most of the teenagers of their small town attended the school. Throughout all four years, Sugar despised walking into the doors. The beautiful, well-liked girls would stare and laugh, glad they weren't her. Other than her brother, Lee, who Sugar always got along with really well, Sugar only had one other true friend.

Many a night Sugar would cry herself to sleep, wishing she was thin and beautiful. After all, regardless of what anyone said, appearances mattered. It wasn't that Sugar was unattractive; just a bit overweight. She was on the shorter side; standing at five two. She had chestnut colored hair that fell in curly locks to a few inches below her shoulders. Her eyes were a golden brown. There was one freckle an inch or two below her left eye.

Aside from her weight, Sugar was kind of cute. However, most people couldn't get past her weight. Although, she had had one boyfriend. They met each other in Honors Algebra II, sophomore year. Sugar mostly kept to herself. She was more focused on her studies, and was rather smart. However, one guy began to talk to her and they started to spend more and more time together. Eventually, he asked her out.

At the time, he was Sugar's everything. They were together all the time. He was her first kiss. Her first date. He took her virginity. That lasted for about on and a half years. The summer after junior year, he went away to camp and met another girl. Sugar got a letter, being dumped. He had broken her heart; the one person who could see past her weight other than her family.

After she graduated, Sugar wanted to get the hell out of her small town. So that was exactly what she did. Axel was a grade ahead of her and he decided to go to school out of state as well. So Sugar went to the same college as him.

Sugar and Axel had always gotten along pretty well. Axel was the one that always stood up for his sister when others were teasing her. He even kicked a few guys' asses for saying rude things about her. Axel felt it was his duty to stand up for and protect his sister. He never understood why everyone was such a douche to her. She wasn't that fat. He always had thought she was kind of cute.

Axel was rather attractive, as well. He had shaggy midnight black hair. His eyes were a dark brown; so much that they appeared black. His skin was darker and he was about 5'8".

Unlike most brothers, Axel was thrilled when Sugar decided to come to the same college as him. He loved being around her and they always had good times together.

It had already been a couple weeks at Cedar Grove Community College that Sugar had been there. Sugar and her roommate got along well enough but her roommate was usually always partying. Sugar wasn't a fan of partying. She thought it was beyond stupid to get yourself so drunk you pass out and totally forget the night. She didn't see the point in it.

This particular day, Sugar was walking down the hall to her room to begin studying for the night. Anatomy was a killer; so many things to remember. The class was hard. After Sugar opened the door, she was surprised to see her roommate, Selena, there.

"Hey, Sugar!" Selena said, grinning at her roommate. "What's up? Haven't seen you in awhile."

"Eh, not much. The usual. Going to study," she answered. As they talked, Selena was tugging on a high heel shoe. "Going on a hot date?" Sugar questioned, sitting on her bed.

"Actually, yes I am," Selena chuckled. Just as she spoke, someone knocked. "Come in!" Selena called out, grinning. "How do I look?"

"Great." Sugar replied, searching for her Anatomy notes.

The door opened and in walked Axel. "Axel?!" Sugar asked, surprised.

"Oh, hey Sugar!" Axel said, smiling at his younger sister giving her a bear hug.

"You know each other?" Selena asked slowly, raising an eyebrow at the pair. Axel laughed, putting an arm around his sister. "Sugar here is my sister."

"Oh," Selena said with a sigh of relief.

"Since when are you two dating, Axel?" Sugar asked, sneaking a glance at him, somewhat sad he didn't tell her. They had always been so close. He basically told her everything.

"Well, it was kind of a surprise. She asked me out today and I said yes!" Axel explained, with a gleam in his eyes.

"Oh..." Sugar said with a small hint of disappointment in her voice. "Well I hope you two have fun..."

"We will!" Selena said happily, grabbing her car keys and purse. "Ready?"

And with that, they were gone. Sugar sat on her bed for a moment, staring after them. For some reason, Sugar was irritated. She wanted her brother to be happy. And she didn't really mind Selena. She was nice enough. However, Sugar was unhappy. Shaking her head, the nineteen-year-old opened her Anatomy book; preparing for the long night ahead of her.

Eventually, Sugar began to nod off. Her eyes kept closing periodically and her head fell against the pillow.

***

Sugar had been asleep for hours when she was woken up by yelling. "Uhhh," she groaned, with a yawn. She glanced at the clock. It was two A.M. What the fuck...? Sugar wondered. Rude people waking her up.

Sugar laid there a moment longer wishing the screaming people would go away. Then as she began to listen, she thought she heard a familiar voice. Axel?

Curious, Sugar got up and opened the door to see Selena and her brother yelling at each other. "What happened?" she questioned groggily.

Axel swore under his breath. "Selena gave some guy her number—while we were on our date," he said irritably.

"I did not!" She protested, crossing her arms.

"You're going to wake up everyone. Shh!" Sugar said, ushering them into Sugar and Selena's room. She sat down on her bed again.

"Yes, you did! I saw you write it down on a piece of paper and give it to him! You liar!" Axel snapped, glaring at his date. Selena rolled her eyes at him. Sugar sighed and shook her head. In her head, she was happy. Seconds ticked by until Axel spoke.

"Whatever. I'm leaving," he said coldly, exiting the room.

Sugar laid back on her bed, closing her eyes. She had class in a few hours. There was no way she was going to be able to pass that test without enough sleep.

As Selena changed, she muttered how stupid Axel was and other things. "He's so fucking stupid. I did not give that guy my number. Stupid and jealous. I don't need him. I can do better."

Sugar sat up and glared at her roommate. "My brother is not stupid." The female snapped. "And he wouldn't make up something stupid like that. He seemed genuinely happy to be going out with you. Obviously, you did give that guy your number... unless you have a twin. So stop fucking lying and own up to it."

Selena stared at Sugar and scowled at her. "Shut the hell up. You don't know what you're talking about. You weren't there. Your whole damn family is crazy."

Sugar rolled her eyes at the girl. "Yeah, we're so crazy. Now can you please hush so I can sleep? Some of us actually have to work hard," Sugar said, glaring at Selena.

Selena ignored her and stalked into the bathroom, slamming the door. Sugar laid back down in her bed, pulling the blankets up to right under her chin, happy to be back in her warm bed.

***

When Sugar's alarm went off the next morning, she groaned being blinded by the sun streaming in the window. Wanting to be at class in time, she jumped up took a quick shower and dressed.

Selena was no where to be seen.

Sugar grabbed her bag, and dashed out the door. She power walked to her class, yawning. Damn Selena... and her brother. If they wouldn't have woken her up, she wouldn't have been so tired.

Walking into her classroom she took a seat trying to calm herself down for this test. This test was at least half of her grade and Sugar could not afford to fail this. She needed an A or at least a B.

As she took the test, she found studying had paid off. She knew most of the answers. When she turned it in she was confident she at least got a B. Walking out of the room, she breathed a sigh of relief she most likely wouldn't fail the class.

She had no other classes this particular day so she decided to pay a visit to Axel and see how he was doing. Sugar headed over to his dorm and knocked.

"Who is it?" said a female voice.

It couldn't be.

It wasn't possible.

There was no way.

Axel opened the door and behind him, standing there, was Selena. "Sugar!" he said, grinning at his sister.

She stood there, dumbfounded; staring at the girl behind him. "What happened...? Last night you two... You said... Then she..." Sugar stammered. That unhappy feeling washed over her again.

"Oh, well my Selena came over this morning and apologized. It isn't a big deal," he chuckled, pulling his sister inside.

"Oh..." Sugar said, unsure of what, exactly, to say.

"Hey, Sugar, listen. I'm sorry about what I said last night. I was pissed," Selena said, putting a hand on Sugar's shoulder.

"It's okay..." Sugar said, almost mechanically. Unbelievable. Usually her brother had enough sense to forget about a girl if she did something like this. She inwardly groaned. He must really like this girl. Wonderful. "Well I'll leave you two alone..."

"I'll call you tomorrow and we can get some food, or something. 'Kay, Sugar?" Axel said, looking at his sister hopefully.

"Yeah, sure..." Sugar shrugged, leaving his room somewhat depressed.

Confused by her brother, Sugar walked back toward her dormitory building to eat some lunch. She had skipped on breakfast earlier. Grabbing an assortment of things, she sat down at a table by herself.

Absentmindedly, she looked around the room at various other people eating. Sugar popped a French fry into her mouth when a guy plopped down across from her.

"Hey," the stranger said, smiling at Sugar. He was pretty cute. Blonde hair; blue eyes. Sexy smile. She looked around the room to see if anyone was laughing nearby. No one that she noticed. She swallowed the fry.

"Hi?" Sugar said, forming it like a question.

"I'm Sam," he introduced himself.

"Sugar..." she said, wondering why this Sam was talking to her.

"Sugar? That your real name?" he asked. Sugar nodded. "What an awesome name. So are you sweet, then?" He winked at her.

Sugar shook her head. "Who are you?" she questioned.

"I told you. I'm Sam," he said, laughing.

"No, I mean... why are you talking to me?" Sugar asked, eating another French fry.

"What? I can't talk to a pretty girl?" Sam asked playfully, stealing a French fry.

Sugar choked. "Pretty?" She repeated, snorting a laugh.

"Yes. Pretty. You're beautiful," he told her, raising an eyebrow. Sugar narrowed her eyes at him.

"Very funny," she glared at him, getting up to leave.

"No... wait!" Sam said, getting up and standing in front of her. She came up to about his chin. "I'm serious... why wouldn't I be...?" he asked, confused.

Sugar shook her head. She didn't want to relive high school; when guys would tell her she was cute or ask her out and then laugh about it with their friends later. She shivered then stared at Sam. Was he being serious? Did he really find her attractive?

"I noticed you a few days ago. I wanted to say something... but you were studying... very intently, actually. Anatomy, was it?" Sam said.

"Yeah... I'm studying to become a surgeon..." Sugar explained.

"Really? No way! Me too!" Sam said, excited. "Hey, I know this is kind of sudden... but would you wanna go see a movie, maybe? Later... around nine?" Sam asked hopefully.

Sugar bit her lip. At this point, she didn't really think he was messing with her. Why not? Sugar thought. "Sure, I'll go," she smiled at him.

"Alright. I'll meet you at the Cedar Grove Theater at, say, eight thirty?" Sam asked, grinning at her.

"Sure." Sugar said, throw her trash away. She felt like dancing. She actually had a date; and with a hot guy! She headed to her room, smiling the whole way there. Now what was she going to wear?

Sugar raided her closet, searching for something cute. She mostly stuck to jeans, t-shirts, and hoodies. Skirts were a negative. Dresses were a big no no. Plus, a dress was probably over-dressing a bit. She bit her lip.

Finally, after much searching, she decided on a white tank top with a magenta cardigan. Whatever. She guessed it really didn't matter too much what she wore anyhow. After she got that out, she grabbed a dark wash pair of jeans and tugged those on. Looking at her reflection, Sugar smiled slightly, almost satisfied at the girl in the mirror.

The nineteen-year-old was thrilled for her date. Just as she was slipping on a pair of flats, in walked Selena and Axel. Sugar's bubble was popped. "Hi." Sugar said flatly, looking at her brother and roommate.

"Sugar! Ooh, you look hot," Axel chuckled, winking at her. "Where you going?"

Sugar felt herself blush, and turned away. She cleared her throat, and straightened her pillow. "I have a date," she said proudly, turning back around to look at them.

"Really? That's great!" Selena said, smiling at her. Sugar noticed the surprise and her voice but couldn't blame her. Regardless to say, her self esteem wasn't too high.

"Who is he? What's his name?" Axel questioned, looking at his sister intently.

"Sam," Sugar said, smiling broadly.

"Sam what?" Axel demanded. Selena rolled her eyes.

Sugar was quiet for a moment. "I dunno..." she said slowly.

"You don't even know his last name?" Axel scoffed. "What do you know about him?"

"Um, well... he wants to be a surgeon..." Sugar said.

"A surgeon?! All you know is that he's a surgeon?" Axel cried out.

Sugar's face fell as Axel somewhat belittled her. "We just met today," Sugar said softly, staring at the ground and feeling like a little kid.

Axel immediately felt bad, seeing the sadness come over his little sister. "Sugar... wait... I'm sorry..." Axel said, as Sugar shrugged away from his grasp and walked out the door.

Selena put a hand on his shoulder. "Just let her go," she said, hugging him from behind.

"But..." Axel said. But Selena walked in front of him, giving him a kiss and trying to make him forget about sister.

Meanwhile, Sugar was wandering around campus trying to kill time until it was time to leave. Why had her brother reacted like that? Didn't he want her to be happy? She shook her head slightly. How come he could be happy but she couldn't?

***

Hours passed and Sugar bummed around until she left to go to the movie theater. Pulling into the theater, there was a huge smile on her face. She couldn't wait to see Sam again. He was so handsome and he seemed interested in her!

She hoped she wasn't being too desperate. It had just been a long time since she had had any form of affection from a guy. She was lonely. Walking into the theater, she immediately spotted Sam.

"Sugar!" he grinned, pulling her into a friendly hug. "I was afraid you weren't going to come." He chuckled.

She joined in his laughter. "Of course I would come." Sugar said. "So what movie are we seeing?"

"I was thinking Saw," Sam said, heading over to the movie ticket booth.

"Sure. I love horror movies!" Sugar said following him. She began to take out a ten dollar bill but he pushed it away.

"No, no. I asked you out on this date. So, I'll pay," Sam told her, handing the guy a twenty. Sugar thanked Sam and they walked toward the concession stand.

"You want anything?" Sam inquired, glancing at Sugar. She shook her head no. "Alright, well. If you get scared feel free to hold on to me. I'll protect you," he chuckled, winking at the female as the pair walked into the room.

Sugar began to laugh as well. "And if you get scared, you can hold on to me," she teased, feeling at ease with Sam which was great.

They took a seat near the back and about twenty minutes into the movie, Sam put his arm around Sugar and she snuggled closer to him.

Sugar was pretty much in heaven. She loved the attention.

When the movie was over, they got up and walked out. "So what'd you think?" Sam asked.

"It was good," she nodded.

Sam stopped suddenly in front of Sugar. He put his hand on the side of her face and smiled at her. "I know this is our first date and we actually just met today but I feel this amazing connection with you," he said seriously, staring deep into her eyes.

Sugar just about melted right there. "Me too," she sighed happily.

"Well I guess this is good-bye..." Sam said slowly. "Do you want to go to dinner tomorrow?" he asked hopefully.

"Sure!" Sugar said, pulling out her cell phone and handing it to him to put his number in. After that, they both went their separate ways.

Sugar put her head back on the headrest, a permanent grin etched onto her face. She was blissfully happy, for once in her life. She drove toward her dormitory building. By the time she got home it was about eleven.

She walked into her room to find Selena sleeping. Sugar tip toed into the bathroom trying not to make a sound. Then, her phone went off.

"Shit, shit, shit, shit!" she whispered, desperately trying to silence it. Sugar looked at the Caller ID. Axel. She groaned inwardly but shut the door to the bathroom.

"What do you want?" she said flatly.

"Sugar... we need to talk," Axel said desperately. "Come over... please," he pleaded.

"I don't want to see you or talk to you," she lied, hoping he felt guilty.

"Please, Sugar. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that stuff," he said, biting his lip.

Sugar sighed, giving in. She really wanted to see him, anyway. And she wanted to rub it in that Sam wasn't a douche. He was sweet. "I'll be over in a few," she snapped, hanging up the phone.

She shook her head and crept out of the room and headed to Axel's dorm. It was about eleven-thirty and it was almost pitch black except for the few lights on. Most people were sleeping... or they were at least quiet.

A chilly breeze caused Sugar to shiver and she began to wonder whether or not walking when it was this late and dark was a good idea. So she picked up the pace and began to walk quicker.

Finally she got to her brother's dorm and breathed a sigh of relief. Sugar didn't bother knocking; she just walked in. Her brother's roommate, Todd, was surfing the internet.

"Axel here?" asked Sugar.

"Downstairs," was Todd's reply.

Sugar went down the stairs to the recreational room. As she walked in, Axel came into view. He was playing pool. Axel looked up at his younger sister and immediately began spoke. "Listen, Sugar... I'm sorry I was such an ass earlier. I just don't want you to get hurt..." he tried to explain weakly.

"Why would I get hurt?" Sugar snapped. "Tell me, Axel. Why?" she demanded.

"Because, I know guys..." he tried to say. But Sugar wasn't having any of it.

"No!" she interjected, putting her hands on her hips. "You're a liar! Admit it, Axel! I'm a fatass! Your sister is huge and ugly! And you think it's a miracle that anyone would ever like me!" Sugar accused, trying to keep the water works from coming.

chosak
chosak
51 Followers
12