Sweet Darkness Pt. 01

Story Info
Couple erotica.
15.6k words
4
8.6k
2
1

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/20/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter One

The walls were dark and loud music was playing in the bedroom of the depressed eighteen year old girl as she lied on her bed, wearing all black and staring up at the crack in the ceiling.

Her name was Tamara and she hardly came out of her room unless she was going to school...she never had a boyfriend and only a few friends because she was such an outcast.

One day, as she was walking down the hallway at school, a boy pushed her books out of her hands, laughed and walked away.

Tears could be seen in her eyes as she picked up her books from the floor.

Suddenly, another boy came over to help, but Tamara thought he was going to do the same thing, so she hurried and gathered her books into her arms.

"Hello. My name is Zeb." He introduced himself with a smile.

Tamara just stood there with a scared look on her face.

"Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you. Where's your next class?" He asked, still trying to get her to talk.

She handed him her schedule with a shaky hand.

"Oh, you're in my English class. I don't remember seeing you there." He noted, looking up at her.

She slightly smiled as she looked into his eyes...they were like an ocean of blue and she could see the care he had.

"I'm Tamara." She said quietly

"Well, Tamara, would you like to walk to class with me?" He questioned, handing the schedule back to her.

She just smiled and nodded.

When they arrived to class, they sat together.

"Today is report card day, so we won't be doing any work. You may talk amongst yourselves." The teacher informed

When Tamara looked at hers, she wasn't surprised to see an "A" beside English because she loved to write; although her other grades weren't very good.

"So, why do you wear all black?" Zeb asked, leaning over to Tamara.

"That's what people wear when they're depressed, isn't it?"

"Why are you depressed?"

"I don't have many friends; never really had a boyfriend and my parents don't care about me."

"Why don't your parents care?"

"They think I'm worthless and can't make anything out of myself."

"Well, that's stupid."

"Yea, tell me about it."

When the bell rang, the teacher called for Tamara.

"Yes?" Tamara questioned, concerned about what was going on.

"Your writings are great. Have you ever thought about publishing them?"

"I have, but I don't have the money."

"If you give me one you really like and let me edit it, I'll pay for it."

"Really? Thank you so much. You don't know how much this means to me." She said with a smile and walked out.

"So, what did she want?" Zeb asked, standing from leaning against the wall.

"She's going to publish a story for me."

"That's good. Well, we don't have any more classes together, so how about a ride after school?"

"Sure. Thank you."

After school, Zeb took Tamara home, but before he could say anything, she was walking up the sidewalk to the front door.

"I'm home." She stated, closing the door behind her.

"You're home early." Her mother noted, sitting in her chair.

"I got a ride home."

She grabbed an apple from the kitchen, went to her room and threw her book bag on the bed.

Tamara looked through her manuscripts, but didn't find anything she liked, so she decided to start a new story.

After working for a while, she stretched her arms over her head and turned off her computer.

Just then, her mother knocked on the door.

"There's someone here to see you." She informed, opening the door.

"Okay, just let them in." Tamara replied, with a smile.

When she looked up, Zeb was standing in the doorway.

"I thought you left." Tamara noted, standing from her chair.

"That was hours ago. Would you like to go out and get some ice cream?"

"That sounds great."

Tamara's mother was pleased to see her daughter with a friend instead of being alone in her room all day.

"So, why haven't you had a boyfriend?" He questioned, pulling into a parking lot.

"The truth is, you're the first person to really talk to me as a person and not a freak of nature, other than my best friend."

Zeb didn't say anything; he just opened the door and followed Tamara into the ice cream parlor.

"Would you consider having one?" He asked, sitting down at the booth in the corner.

"I've considered it, but guys just don't like me. They are more into blonde bimbos."

Zeb just smiled and started eating his ice cream.

After a long silence, Zeb questioned, "I'm getting a motorcycle tomorrow, would you like to go for a ride?"

"Um, sure." She hesitated.

That night, Tamara lied in her bed, thinking about Zeb.

"Is he interested in me? If not, why is he being so nice?" She asked herself.

She rolled over and tried to sleep, but couldn't because she was thinking about Zeb too much, so she went to her older sister's room.

"Tori, may I talk to you?" Tamara questioned, opening her sister's door.

"Sure. Come in." She replied, looking away from the book she was reading.

"Well, there's this guy." Tamara started, sitting on the bed.

"The one you been hanging out with?"

"Yes. Well, I can't understand why he's being so nice to me. Do you think he's interested in me?"

"He might. You have a good head on your shoulders and I don't see why he wouldn't. Do you like him?"

"I'm not sure, yet."

The girls talked, then Tamara went back to her room to try to sleep, but her mind was still racing.

***

The next morning, Tamara sat at the kitchen table to eat breakfast.

"You're actually eating in here?" Tamara's mother asked, walking in.

"I'm just waiting for Zeb to get here."

"I'm glad you finally have someone to hang out with."

"I hang out with Quinn all the time."

"You know what I mean."

Tamara looked out the window and seen Zeb pull into the driveway, so she grabbed her jacket and ran outside.

Zeb took off his helmet...his blonde hair falling into place...and he smiled when Tamara walked up to him.

He handed her a helmet and let her get on the motorcycle behind him. Her fingers slid under the strap on her seat and Zeb started it.

After pulling out of the driveway, Tamara started thinking about why this gorgeous guy would be so nice to her, but her thoughts broke off when they stopped at the lake.

"I thought it would be a nice day to have a picnic." He noted, taking off his helmet.

After helping Tamara off the motorcycle, Zeb grabbed a bag from the saddlebag and walked toward the waterside.

"I'm sorry it's fast food. I didn't have time to actually cook something."

"Oh, it's fine."

They sat in silence, taking in the scenery, until they crumpled up their sandwich papers and went to put them back into the bag where their hands touched.

Tamara looked into Zeb's eyes and blushed.

"How was your lunch?" He questioned, leaning back on his hands

"It was good. Thank you. Um..."

"What's wrong?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure."

"Why are you being so nice to me?"

"I thought you could use a friend."

"You're not doing it because of a bet? Because it has happen to me before."

"I don't understand why people do that. It's so childish. I've had it done to me a few times."

He looked up and seen her smiling. She, again, looked into his eyes and locked his stare.

"I think I should get you back home so you can work on that story." He noted, standing up.

"I haven't even started...total writer's block."

"Maybe I can help. What do you write?"

"Romance."

"That's interesting coming from a girl like you. I'd like to be in that head of yours."

"Oh, but you are. You've been on my mind since we went out for ice cream." She thought to herself and Zeb must have seen the grin on her face.

"You have a nice smile. You should wear it more often." He complimented with a smile.

Tamara just blushed.

When they arrived back at Tamara's home, Zeb walked her to the door.

"I guess I'll see you Monday at school." Zeb noted with a slight smile.

"Will you give me a ride?"

"I can do that."

He kissed her on the cheek and walked back to his motorcycle.

Tamara just stood there, stunned, and watched him pull out of the driveway.

Chapter Two

Before Zeb picked up Tamara for school, she had an idea for a story, so she jotted it down.

As she was brainstorming on the front porch, Zeb pulled up on his motorcycle.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, after turning off the motorcycle.

"Just let me put this in my backpack."

"Are you working on a story?"

"I was just brainstorming."

When they arrived at school, Tamara and Zeb made plans after school; and then went their separate ways.

When Zeb approached his friend, George, the boy laughed.

"What's so funny?" Zeb questioned, opening his locker.

"Why are you hanging out with Vampire Girl?"

"I think she's interesting. We've been hanging out and I found that we have a lot in common."

"What could you possibly have in common with her?"

"More than you can imagine. She just needs a friend."

"Why?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself?"

Tamara was walking by and smiled as she did.

"You see that smile? That's because of me...someone who actually had to balls to go up to her and treat her like a human being instead of a disease." Zeb noted, smiling back at her.

"Sounds like you have a little crush on her."

"So what if I do?"

George was speechless. He couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"There are a lot of girls dying to be with you, why her?" George asked, leaning against the lockers.

"She's different. She's smart and funny, unlike the other girls trying to get with me."

"You would pass up Victoria for Tamara?"

"Yes I would."

Victoria was the most popular girl in their class and always got what she wanted either with her looks or her daddy's money.

In English, Zeb and Tamara sat together.

"Is it okay if George joins us after school?" He questioned, placing his books on the desk in front of him.

"I don't mind if you don't."

"Well, he and I were talking and he wants to meet you properly."

"As long as he doesn't make fun of me or my writing, I think I'll be okay."

"What are you writing anyway?"

Before she could answer, the bell rang to start class.

After school they met George at the little sub shop a few blocks from Tamara's house.

They ordered and Tamara handed Zeb a piece of paper.

"This is a rough idea to the story I'm thinking about writing." She noted with a slight smile.

The boys leaned in together to read it.

"I'm not an expert on romance, but it sounds pretty good." Zeb stated with a smile.

Tamara smiled and looked at her watch.

"I know we just ordered, but I need to go soon. So I'll eat and head home." She informed, looking out the window.

"Why are you in a hurry?" Zeb asked, with a puzzled look.

"I have a thing with my sister. I'm supposed to hang out with her and, well, do sister stuff I guess you could say."

After Tamara left, George looked back over the paper.

"Dude, do you think this is a fantasy she has about you?" George questioned, handing Zeb the paper.

"Not sure, but I would love to be able to read her mind."

"You've got it bad. I haven't seen you this crazy over a girl since..."

"Yea, I know. Tamara is just...I don't know. She gives me this great feeling."

"Do you think you have a chance with her?"

"I'm probably not her type."

"Oh, come on...what girl wouldn't want a chance with you?"

Zeb just shrugged.

Meanwhile, Tamara and Tori were hanging out at the mall.

"I really don't like the mall." Tamara complained walking past the stores with clothes she never even thought about wearing.

"If you don't want my help, we can go back home."

"I didn't say that. I just don't want to be here all night."

"It's not like you have a date or anything."

"No, but I could have plans."

"Doing what? Writing?"

"Yes, actually, I'm on a new story."

"Is it for school?"

"No, but..."

"Do you have a deadline?"

"No."

"Then you'll be fine."

She grabbed Tamara's arm and walked faster.

After what seemed like forever, they were in the car on their way home with bags full of new clothes and accessories for Tamara's makeover.

***

The next day, Tamara wore her new green, low v-neck shirt with tight jeans and boots.

When Zeb seen her, he couldn't keep his eyes off of her.

"Wow. Are those new clothes?" He asked when she walked over to him.

"Yea, Tori and I went to the mall."

"You look great...better than all that black."

Zeb stood up to let Tamara on the bike, still not wanting to take his eyes off of her.

When they arrived at school, everyone was staring at Tamara more than usual; which made her very uncomfortable.

Shyly getting off the bike, she took off her helmet and let her hair fall around her shoulders.

"Don't worry about them. I think you look great." Zeb noted with a smile.

She smiled back, and then disappeared into the crowd.

"Dang, what happen?" George questioned, walking up to Zeb.

"I don't know, but whatever it is, I like it."

At her locker, Tamara was greeted by some of the popular girls...including Victoria.

"Look who's trying to fit in." Victoria said smugly.

"Can I not change clothes?"

"That's not what I was meaning. You need to stay away from Zeb."

"Have you told him that?"

"No, I'm telling you. Stay away from my man." She demanded and started to walk off.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know he was into sluts."

Victoria pushed Tamara against the lockers.

"Listen, Vampire Girl, I don't care what you wear as long as you stay away from Zeb. Got it?"

Tamara just nodded and the girls walked away.

In English, Victoria sat by Zeb so Tamara wouldn't.

When Tamara seen Victoria in the seat where she usually sat, and was angry...she let her books slam on the front desk, which made everyone jump, including herself.

After class, the teacher confronted her.

"Is everything okay?" She asked, placing her hand on Tamara's shoulder.

"Just having a bad day, that's all. I knew I shouldn't have worn this crap to school."

"Don't worry about Victoria. You have something she doesn't...talent."

Tamara just smiled and walked away.

At the end of the day, Zeb found Tamara to see if she wanted a ride home.

"Won't your girlfriend be jealous?" She questioned, crossing her arms.

"What are you talking about?"

"Victoria." She replied and turned away.

"Wait; was all day been about her? She can't even get it through her air-filled head that I don't want to be with her. Don't let her get to you...you're smarter than that."

"I think I'll just walk today so I can clear my head."

"Are you sure? It's a long walk."

"I'll be fine.

Tamara walked away before she said something she would regret.

Chapter Three

Tamara avoided Zeb all week because of Victoria, so he confronted Victoria.

"You need to leave Tamara alone. Just because I'm not into you doesn't mean you can keep other people away from me." He informed, pulling her aside in the hallway.

"Do you know who the hell I am?"

"Yes I do. A spoiled little brat who always gets her way and if you don't, you have a fit. Well, this is one of those times where it won't work. I'm not into whores."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, so leave Tamara alone."

"Why do you want to be with a freak?"

"She's not a spoiled little brat."

He started to walk away, but she grabbed him by the arm.

"No one talks to me like that...NO ONE!"

"Well, I'm not pussy to tell you the truth."

Victoria slapped him and walked away, crying.

"Go cry on your daddy's shoulder. He's probably the only man who can stand you're shit!"

George walked up to him.

"What the hell, Man?" George asked with wide eyes.

"You know how Tamara was avoiding me all week? Well, it's because of Victoria and I got tired of it."

"Where is Tamara anyway? I haven't seen her in school today."

"I'm not sure. She probably stayed home because she was tired of Victoria's bull shit. I'm going over there later."

After school, Zeb was on his way to Tamara's when he was in a wreck on his motorcycle...luckily George wasn't too far behind.

When Zeb was lying on the stretcher, he asked George to have Tamara come see him then the doors of the ambulance closed and he was off to the hospital.

George drove up to Tamara's house where she was in the yard, so he just honked the horn.

"Hey, George, What's up?" She questioned, walking up to the car.

"Zeb was in a wreck and went to the hospital. He asked me to come get you."

"Give me a minute to tell my mother where I'm going and I'll be right out."

When they arrived at the hospital, Tamara walked up to the nurse and asked where Zeb was.

"He's in x-ray at the moment. When he gets back I'll see if you can go in. Are you family or friend?" She asked, looking at Tamara.

"I...uh..."

"Ma'am?"

"I'm his girlfriend."

"Okay, just have a seat and I'll be right with you."

George's eyes grew wide as they walked to the waiting room.

"Nice lie." George noted, sitting down.

"Well, I had to come up with something so they would let me in."

"Can I ask you a question about Zeb?"

"Um, sure."

"Do you like him more than a friend?"

"Truthfully...I am falling for him, but I want to take things slow."

"I understand."

Tamara walked into the ER room and went to Zeb's bedside.

"How are you feeling?" She questioned, looking into his eyes.

He just looked up and smiled; then he reached his hand out to her.

"You came." He said in a weak voice.

"Yes. George told me you wanted me, so here I am."

"Don't leave me."

"Never."

He closed his eyes and went back to sleep.

When the doctor came in, Tamara stood up from her chair with tears in her eyes.

"He had some broken bones, but he will be okay. He's just going to be in a lot of pain." The doctor informed, looking at Zeb's friends.

"When can he go home?" George asked, looking at Zeb.

"I want to monitor him more, but I'm sure he can go home tonight. Does he live alone?"

"Yes he does." George replied, crossing his arms.

"Well, he's going to have someone there with him or I can't discharge him."

"I'll stay with him." Tamara stated, wiping her tears away.

The doctor nodded and walked out.

"I can stay with you guys if you need me." George noted with a slight smile.

"I think I'll be okay for the night, but I'll need to get some clothes from my house."

"Well, seeing that he's going to be here a little longer, do you want me to take you right now?"

Tamara looked over at Zeb, and then nodded.

After they got Zeb into his bed, he asked to talk to Tamara alone, so George went into the living room.

"Tamara, I just want to thank you for everything." He noted, looking into her eyes.

"That's what friends are for."

He smiled slightly and took her hand.

"I was coming to see you. Why weren't you in school today?"

"Don't worry about that...you should get some rest."

She went to walk off, but he gripped her hand and their eyes met.

"I want to tell you something, but I'm not sure how." He said quietly.

Tamara smiled and sat on the bed.

"What is it, Zeb?"

"I know you probably don't feel the same way, but when you were avoiding me all week, it got me thinking. I was thinking about how I don't want to lose you especially over someone like Victoria because you are so special to me. I guess what I'm trying to say is that I think I'm falling for you; and before you say anything, I want you to think about it because I know it may be a shock to you."

"I don't need to. I feel the same way, but I'm afraid to be in a relationship."

"We can take things slow."

Tamara smiled and looked out the window.

"So does this mean you're asking me to be your girlfriend?"

"Only if you want to be."

Tamara looked into his eyes and smiled as he ran his fingers through her hair.