Talla's Temple Ch. 25

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
xtorch
xtorch
1,636 Followers

"There, you see?" Sonja said.

She touched a finger to Talla's cheek and held it up to him, a drop of blood poised on the tip.

"I trust that we will never have to repeat this exercise, young man?"

He nodded. His eyes were stung with tears he hadn't noticed shedding.

"Understood, young man?"

"Yes, Mistress."

"Good."

She must have made a gesture to one of the guards. He found himself gripped by the elbow and led away.

What was wrong with him? Was it anxiety? His heartbeat was completely messed up. It was pounding in his ears and throbbing all the way down to ... what in the nine hells? This could not be happening. How could it be possible, after some like this?

Delirious with what he was certain could not be lust, he was shoved onto a bench by the guard.

"Yours, Vunja," the guard declared before leaving and slamming the door shut behind her.

He was in a very small room, sweating and breathing laboriously. There was a woman in front of him. Young woman in a very short skirt. He barely saw her. Brown hair, complexion like a very milky chocolate. Very expressive, large eyes. His vision was blurry and distorted. Maybe her eyes were normal and his were the issue.

"Don't worry," she said very softly. "My name is Vunja. I know what your problem is and I can fix it."

She knelt at his feet and began unlacing his leathers.

"Nuh-no," he protested weakly.

"Yes, yes," she said, pushing his hands away with ease. "You can't resist."

His hands weren't working properly. It was all he could do not to fall over sideways.

"There we go," she said, undressing him at last.

Her mouth found his thoroughly erect penis. How could he aroused after what he'd just done to Talla? He was horrified at his own rebellious body.

I should be in mourning, he thought, not fucking some stupid girl.

But he didn't have the coordination to stop her. He was nothing but erratic heartbeats, blurred vision and an incomprehensible erection.

Some time passed. Zhair'lo couldn't be certain how much. She was a wonder with her tongue and he hated her for every second she licked and sucked at him.

"That a boy," she said as she stroked him. "I'm just what you need. I'll make you feel all better in just a minute."

She glanced over his head for a moment. Did she nod her head? If he didn't even understand his own body right now, how could he understand hers? Vunja stood up and started removing her clothing.

Part of him was eager to watch her take off her little skirt. The rest of him was angry at that part.

'What Discipline is she?' he wondered. 'Must be the one with the legs. Her muscles are so strong.'

She wasn't wearing anything under the skirt. She tossed off her top.

No breasts, he thought fuzzily. Not like Talla. Or maybe like Talla was when I met her. I can't feel Talla anymore. Talla is gone.

Vunja straddled him on the bench, setting his erection against her entrance.

"Everything will start feeling better right now," she said. "Vunja will fix everything for you."

With that, she slid his manhood up inside her.

He remembered nothing after that but sheer, dark ecstasy.

-----------===================-------------

Her eyes red despite her refusal to cry, her throat dry and choked with the effort of denying her emotional turmoil, Talla stood at attention in the otherwise empty little room the Adjudicate used for her office.

They'd applied salve to her abused rear the moment Zhair'lo had been taken out of the room. It had stung horribly, but it had stopped the bleeding. She bitterly told herself that they cared more for their flooring than they did for her health.

At least she'd saved Zhair'lo the worst of it. They couldn't be together anymore, could they? So why bother hurting him? Every time she'd torn at the mesh, it meant a little less pain was going through to him. Until they got to the end, and she'd broken their bond, and they couldn't use her to hurt him anymore. That was the only victory she'd salvaged.

They hadn't returned her clothes yet. Probably wanted to make sure the salve stopped up the bleeding. Form didn't want women walking around with bloody clothes, did they?

The door slid open behind her and closed again.

"I trust," the Adjudicate began, "that we have made clear how horrible we view the crime of Monogamy."

"Yes, Mistress," Talla replied, lifeless as she could manage.

"Good."

The Adjudicate moved past her desk to the wall behind it. There were brown curtains there that she slid open. She looked downward into whatever room was beyond and gave a slight nod to someone there.

"Come," she said in a kindly voice. She waved Talla forward. "Observe your young man."

Talla carefully walked around the desk to obey. Much like the window on the right side of the room, this portal also looked down on to the main floor, but into a much smaller room.

She gasped.

It was Zhair'lo.

He was in the throes of passion with a small, muscular girl riding astride him.

Her mouth hung open as she watched him grasping at this girl's back, her hair, her legs. How could he? Just moments ago ...

She tried to pull away, but the Adjudicate grabbed her by the back of the neck and forced her forward, pressing her bare chest against the unfinished wooden ledge.

"You see how men are? Is this beast worthy of the devotion you wanted to give it?"

The slim girl gave a quick glance up to the window before she leaned over and attached her mouth to Zhair'lo's ear. A moment later and Talla watched as his right hand flashed through the air and struck the girl's ass.

"Oh!" she screeched in pleasure. "Again!"

Talla felt the tears rising in her eyes; the tears she had locked up and refused to shed through all the lashes of the whip. Mere physical pain could never have forced her to show weakness. But this ...

Zhair'lo's hand struck again.

Over and over, the skinny girl begged for him to spank her. Over and over, he did it, his head buried in the crook of her neck. Perhaps he was biting her, too. Talla would never know.

Another sly look up at the window. The Adjudicate nodded and closed the curtains.

"Yes, well," she said to Talla. "I think the point is taken."

She thumped on her desk.

"She's ready now," the Adjudicate called out.

A Virgin attendant came in to the little office and stood beside Talla, offering her folded up clothes. Talla didn't care. What was nudity now, after that? She took the clothing anyway. If she walked around naked, they would bring her back and whip her again as they had M'lis and Adria.

How could you? she thought. How could you do that?

-----------===================-------------

He woke up with a pounding headache.

What the hell time was it? Where was he?

When his vision cleared, he recognized the room immediately. It was the same one they'd tossed him in on the night he'd upgraded Talla. It wasn't morning though. He remembered the angle the sun had made through the windows. It was afternoon, maybe early evening. How long had he slept? What had happened?

Memories came flooding back. Talla. The whip. Horrid memories. There'd been a feeling like he was going to die. Then a girl who promised to make it better. It got blurry after that.

Still lying down, he closed his eyes and searched for Talla, like a little boy poking his tongue at the place where his baby tooth used to be.

Nothing. She'd torn the mesh. He hadn't been able to hold on through the pain. If he'd just been a bit stronger, fought just a little harder ...

Gods damned bitches, he cursed. What have you done to us?

He stood up, dizzy and with a throbbing in his head, but he stood.

I will get you for this, he swore. I don't know how, but I'll get you for this.

His clothing was still on. They hadn't stripped him this time. He wobbled to the door, braced himself while he found his centre of gravity, and knocked with the side of his fist.

The door opened.

A woman he had never seen before, wearing light leather armour, appeared.

"You're awake, then," she noted. "Let's get you out of here."

He wanted to reply but felt like retching. Stomping on the urge to vomit, he merely frowned at the woman and gave her a nod.

"Come along," she said, waving him to her side.

She paused a moment and held up her hand, preventing him from passing through the doorway. A large group of men and women, all wearing armour, was marching by at great speed. They made a considerable entourage and carried several more people on stretchers.

'Fighters,' Zhair'lo thought. 'But whom do you fight?'

He and his guard watched them go by before resuming their walk.

'Whom do you fight?' he asked again. 'Because I have a sudden desire to meet them.'

-----------===================-------------

"Talla?"

She looked up, wondering who would be calling her.

"You don't look well."

"Tina," she acknowledged.

The two girls looked at each other for a moment. Both faces were a bloodless white, but at least Tina's had some expression. Talla might as well be dead.

"Come with me," Tina said.

"I want to be alone," Talla replied.

"No," Tina told her, hooking her arm. "No, you don't."

Talla didn't care. She would go with Tina if Tina cared so much. Or, if Tina wanted to take her to a bath and hold her head underwater, she would go along with that, too.

She was vaguely aware that she was being led through the Temple into Endowment's triangle; down the long and mostly empty streets that led to Tina's apartment.

"There's something I need to show you," she said to Talla as she pulled her up the stairs.

Talla couldn't muster the effort to shrug. Shrugging would mean that she cared enough to let someone know that she didn't care at all. Wasn't it more sensible never to shrug at all?

Tina closed the door behind Talla and stood up on her bed to take something off the wall.

"Here," she said, handing Talla a bent piece of metal.

Talla recognized it. It was the one truly awful thing in Tina's entire collection of possessions. The presence of Tina's clothing from previous ranks was merely odd. This thing was distasteful.

"Ugly thing," Talla remarked with a frown.

It was the work of some horrible craftsman attempting to twist a piece of metal into the shape of a Strength medallion -- the roofless house inside the circle of Endowment.

"It was a gift," Tina said with a breath.

Talla perked up at this.

"A gift?"

"From a young man," Tina added sternly.

Talla choked.

"You had a young man, too, didn't you?" she asked Talla.

Talla nodded, tears burning fresh in her eyes.

Tina swallowed.

"And they caught you today?"

Talla lost it, then, and felt her body begin to shudder with uncontrollable sobs. Tina embraced her as waves of denied emotions racked her body. She felt, distantly, Tina's tears falling over her.

"How could he?" Talla sobbed. "How could he?"

Tina gulped.

"They made you watch him with someone else, didn't they?"

"What? How did you know?"

Tina took Talla's face in her hands and forced their eyes to meet.

"It's a thing they do," Tina said. "To break you apart. To make it so you never want to go to him again. I don't know why he went along with it. I don't know why -- why mine did either."

"You've been through this," Talla said.

Tina nodded.

"They're so wrong," Talla said as her eyes dropped and she started putting the pieces together. "They hurt us. They hurt him. They -- they're just so wrong."

"Yeah, they are," Tina sighed and shrugged. "But what are you going to do about it?"

Talla's eyes, red and brimming with tears, rose to meet Tina's.

There was ice glinting behind that water.

-----------===================-------------

Zhair'lo trudged, rucksack over his back, toward his new assignment. He carried his gloves and working leathers a few other articles of clothing. Inside his cleanest shirt, wrapped up carefully, was a small white piece of white cloth that, though it didn't truly belong to him, was his most prized possession.

Hunters, the assignment scroll had read. Lyric's Camp, Sector Two.

They were going to teach him how to use a bow, were they?

Fine and good.

He would learn how to use a bow. He would become a gods damned Master of the bow. He would make them regret it.

The path he followed went upwards and peaked off at a rocky outcrop. From that vantage, he could see most of Temple laid out on its hill, from the low wall of its main gate to its highest point farther to the north.

"I'm not going to run away," he said aloud to that triangle. "I'm not afraid of your rituals or what they might do to me. I promised to get those girls out and I will."

"And after that, I don't care if doing your upgrades kills me. If staying here and dying young is the cost of destroying you, I will gladly pay it."

END OF BOOK 1

I'd like to extend my gratitude to Mahanamatashi, a volunteer editor who faithfully edited every single chapter of this story. Also to Ken Scades who provided some very helpful critiques of my writing.

Thanks also to all of the people who sent me a private or public note with critiques and helpful advice – even those who just kept reminding me to write with their enthusiastic desire for the next chapter.

Please feel free to drop me a line to let me know what you thought of it, who your favourite characters were and if I forgot them, anything like that.

Cheers,

Xavier.

xtorch
xtorch
1,636 Followers