Tears of the Fallen Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,490 Followers

He still loved her; he was still intent on protecting her. He wanted her to come home. The tears from her nightmares dried on her face; fresh tears falling as she hugged herself tightly. Caleb loved her. They would be together again soon and they'd find some way to work through their problems.

Rhianna headed into the en-suite bathroom to run a shower. They were staying in a small apartment Gard owned in the city; one of many properties it appeared her brother owned. As she showered, she replayed the dreams in her mind, frowning as the hot water flowed over her body. It appeared there was something Gard hadn't told her, something Anakatrine had kept quiet about too. She would be having words with him about that.

She was dressed and knocking on his door in less than fifteen minutes, her damp hair pulled up in a high ponytail. When the door pulled back, she stifled a gasp at his haggard expression. It would appear none of them had escaped the nightmares. "You neglected to tell me something, Gard."

He snorted, rolling his eyes as he stepped back to let her into the room. "I guess Anakatrine didn't want you to know until now."

Rhianna turned around from looking at the rumpled bed, arching an eyebrow. "Do you still have them?"

Gard looked at her expression and sighed. "Of course I do. It was one of the last things she ever asked me to do for her. Let me take a quick shower and I'll take you to them."

"They're here?" She couldn't keep the surprise out of her voice. For some reason, she hadn't expected that.

Gard smiled, glancing over his shoulder as he headed towards the bathroom. "Well, you didn't think I was going to bury them somewhere inaccessible for three millennia? I've always kept them close to where I've put down my roots. When I felt Anakatrine's presence awaken, I retrieved them as soon as it became apparent that you would be staying here. Meeting Rayne ensured I would always remain here too."

He closed the bathroom door and Rhianna headed back to her room. Excitement was starting to well up inside her. Gard had the ancient tomes of the vampire Queen and soon she would be able to read them. Maybe there was something within them that could help with the European problem? Maybe there was something within them that could bring her closer to Caleb? There had to be a reason Anakatrine had saved them and she was determined to find out what that reason was.

To be continued...

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,490 Followers