Tempest City, Cherry Apple Tears Ch. 02-03

Story Info
Hala is no longer a vampire.
1.8k words
3.75
9.9k
1
0

Part 4 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 09/25/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 2

“This goes out to all non mortals in Tempest City…Hala Tramayne is no longer one of us. She is not to know anything about us…As far as she knows there is no such thing as vampires, were wolves, demons, or anything else for that matter.” Aden said in all of their minds.

Quayd shook his head. He did not need to hear Aden telling him to know Hala was no longer a vampire. He felt it when it happened; it was as if a peace of him disappeared. “What will happen to Tempest City now?” He asked himself as he headed straight to November-Eve’s place.

When he walked in, she smiled at him then said, “I have been expecting you.”

“I know.” He replied as he pulled up a chair to her table. “What is going to happen?” He asked with worry in his voice.

“Quayd aren’t you the one that told Hala not to hold on to human emotion?” She asked as she raised an eyebrow at him. He began to answer her but she stopped him, “Don’t speak… I know.” She paused to take a drag off her cigarette. “Quayd, everyone needs a hero.”

“Ok and what is that supposed to mean?” He asked

“I think you know…” She replied, “Like I have said before you and Hala were destine to meet. You belong together.”

“But Aden said she isn’t to know about the dark world any more.” He said angrily

“That is true; he did say that. But honestly Quayd do you think he would want to see harm come to Hala?” She asked

“Harm? What harm?” He asked

“Calm child…and listen very carefully to me.” She said in a soothing voice. “You and Hala have been in many lives together…and weather or not she would believe such a thing now doesn't make it not true. It was her choice to become human again… In addition, because of that, she has sealed her fait. No matter how many times you save her, no matter how close you watch her, you can’t stop what is going to happen.”

“Then what is the point?” He asked in a hopeless tone

“Love…Quayd. It is in your nature; you can’t help but save her.” November-Eve replied

“But now that she is human again…I mean…she doesn’t even know me…or remember anything of me and her being together. She doesn’t even remember that she use to love me.” He replied, as his anger grew more.

“Don’t doubt the power of love.” She said “Her soul will know you…it always does.” She paused and looked at the clock. “You need to go now.”

“I was going to go to Black Dragon…but I don’t think I can face her yet.” He replied

“Soon… very soon.” She said

The next thing Quayd knew he was outside setting on the sidewalk in front of Black Dragon. He turned with a jump when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He did not have to turn around to know it was her. “Are you ok?” She asked

“Yeah…” He replied, “You better get in there you are late for work.”

“Excuse me?” She gasped, “How did you know I was late?”

He turned to her, “Lucky guess.” He replied as she looked at him strangely, then she turned and walked in.

After Hala was inside the silver wolf walked over to Quayd and transformed into human form. “Quayd I see you’ve found her again.” He said in a cold tone, “Word has it you had her, but you’ve seem to have lost her…and she doesn’t even remember you.” He laughed

“Jonathan, is that the only reason that brings you to town?” He asked

“Oh come now…you can’t still be sore with me.” He replied, “We’re old friends…face it Quayd I am the only friend you’ve got.”

“You’re not a friend of mine.” He replied, “You have only come here to cause me more trouble than you are worth.”

“On the contrary, I have come here to make peace with you.” He said, “I came to ask you to rejoin with me…think of the possibilities.”

Quayd glared up at him and replied, “I would never join you again...the possibilities! You mean a blood bath”

“You know you want too…it is in your nature.” He said, “Blood is your life!”

Anger and fire burned in Quayd’s eyes, “You’re not going to do this again.”

“You know me very well…I love a challenge.” He said, “See ya ‘round buddy.”

“Leave her out of this!” He yelled as Jonathan made his way into the club.

Chapter 3

“Hala, you’re behind the bar tonight.” Robin said as Hala walked over to her. “You don’t look to good, are you sure you can work?”

“I’ll be fine…it’s just been a strange night.” She said as she got behind the bar. Robin walked away with a tray of beer as a handsome stranger approached the bar. Hala had her back to him mixing a drink when she got a strange feeling…the kind that makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up. She looked up into the mirror but did not see anyone there. When she turned back around, she jumped… ‘When did he get there?’ She asked herself.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to scare you.” He said with an innocent smile.

“You shouldn’t sneak up on people like that… I didn’t even see you in the mirror.” She replied.

“I wasn’t sneaking.” He said with a smirk.

“Well for some reason I don’t believe you.” She said as she studied him. “Can I get you something to drink?” She asked

“A Bloody-Mary, extra bloody.” He replied. Hala did not know why but the way he said that made her stomach uneasy. The way he said bloody, the look in his eyes; so unnatural. “Is something wrong?” He asked in a smooth voice

“No, not at all…it’s just been a long strange day.” She replied as she made his drink.

“You want to talk about it?” He asked sweetly.

She smiled then replied, “Sorry, I don’t even know you, so I don’t see myself telling you about my day.”

“That’s what people do to you…don’t they?” He said, “They come in here for a drink and tell you their whole life story.”

“Yes they do…which in a strange way is relaxing.” She said

“Ok, then.” He said as he extended his hand, “Jonathan Cain.”

“Hala Tramayne.” She replied as she shook his hand.

“Well where should I start… I was born and raised in Tempest City. When I was eighteen I left town, I wanted to start all over, where nobody knew me.”

“I wish I could do that.” She said, “But today I feel like I have forgotten something really important, like a big peace of my life is missing.”

“Yes I can see why you would be having a strange day.” He said, “Does this happen often?”

“I don’t think so.” She replied, “I am sorry I interrupted you. Please go on.”

“When I left town I got into some harmless teenage trouble…and I made a few friends along the way. One in which lives in this town but he is not speaking to me. We parted company on very bad terms. And it seems he still blames me for his girl friends death.” He said as he looked deep into her eyes, as if trying to see if she was remembering anything.

“How did she die?” She asked

“There was a murder lurking the streets…and she was murdered. I was walking home from work, and I thought I heard screams, so I ran into her house. I found her bleeding to death in her bed. It was the night before their wedding. Before I could call for help she died, and that is when my friend walked in. To this day he believes some how it was my entire fault.” He explained

“That’s so sad.” She replied. It was just a part of Jonathan’s life; Hala did not know why it made her so sad. Some how she felt as though his story had something to do with her, and what she could not remember. “Did they ever catch the murder?”

“I don’t think so.” He replied as he took a drink. “But I heard my friend had moved here. So I thought I would look him up, I mean it has been years. He has to know I did not do it. But I ran into him just a little bit ago, and he still seems to be sore with me.”

“I’m sorry.” She said, “I guess my day isn’t so bad after hearing how bad your day has gone.”

“It’s ok… I’ll get over it.” He said, “But please enlighten me about you.”

“Ok, I was born in Tempest City, and I grew up in Moon Light Path Children’s Home, with my two younger sisters. I left town when I was eighteen, and soon after I left, my sisters were adopted. I came back here two years ago. However, this is where things get a little fuzzy. I remember meeting a guy named, Zeak at The Haven, it was his club. There was a band there but I do not remember much about them. And some how I reunited with both my sisters here. The younger one Anwar has a little boy named Aden. The youngest is Akalei, she just moved out of town. She met a great guy, named Radian and they are having a baby and getting married this summer. She is supposed to be naming her baby Ethan.” She said, “There really isn’t much to tell about me.”

“How about this, I’ll ask you questions, and you don’t have to answer any that you feel is too personal.” He said

“OK.” She replied

“Do you have a boy friend?” He asked

“No…which is funny I know I did, but I don’t really know what happened. I remember going out with Zeak.” She said as she rubbed her head.

“Do you have any kids?” He asked

“No, I believe in being married before having children.” She replied

He smiled at Hala, and then asked a series of more questions, anything from what is your favorite color, to what is the worst thing that has ever happened to you. “Ok, I have another question for you.” He paused, “Do you believe in past lives, or other worldly beings, that type of thing?”

“I never really thought about it… I suppose anything is possible.” She replied, “Why do you ask?”

“It is just on of my many interests.” He said then he looked down at his watch. “Maybe I will see you again tomorrow night, I need to be going.”

“It was nice to meet you.” She replied as she smiled at Jonathan.