That Wasn't What Should Have Happen

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Friday night when Darrel got home from work I had his favorite dinner prepared. I'd cooked the pot roast all day in the crock pot, added spices and finished it off with some home-made wheat rolls. My mom had the kids for the weekend to go to the state fair. I'd already put candles in the master bedroom and greeted him with a big hug when he walked in the door. He complained about not feeling well, but ate his dinner and said maybe that was what he'd needed. He then went back to the den and got on his computer to check emails and do some

other work. By eight o'clock, I told him I'd love to meet him in the bedroom shortly since the kids were gone. I was shocked when he just said he still wasn't up to snuff and just wanted to get a good night's rest. He never had refused my advances in the past, but I realized he didn't look well.

Three more times over the weekend I tried to interest Darrel in a little romp with him refusing me. He was still not feeling well, but he assured me that he'd be better soon. Sunday night the kids were back home and full of energy talking about the fair and all they'd seen.

As the week went on, I found an excuse to get the kids over to Darrel's parents for Friday night so Drew and I could spring our surprise on Darrel. I know I wasn't myself all week no matter how hard I tried, but Darrel didn't seem to notice. When I told him I was going to dinner with the girls but hoped he'd be home when I got home by about nine or nine-thirty, he said he'd do a little paperwork for a while and see me then.

Drew and Val were waiting for me at the Roadside Inn as I arrived at six-thirty. I was literally shaking in my boots. (Well, not really boots, actually a pair of four-inch CFM heels.) I was dressed nicely, but not overtly sexy except the shoes. Darrel would have thought something was up if I'd gone to dinner with the girls dressed to kill. It's not that I never went out with them dressed in a sexy manner, just not to just go to dinner. Drew was a real hunk but I'd expected nothing less knowing Val. He was polite as we talked with Val for a few minutes before she excused herself to let us get acquainted before we sprung our surprise on Darrel. We were in a nice back booth and after a little conversation, Drew started kissing my hands, then my neck and finally planting his lips softly on mine. I'm sure I must have moaned or at least swooned, it felt soooooo good.

My nerves started acting up but quickly subsided as he slid his hand under my skirt directly up to my, now soaked, bikini panties. Our tongues were dancing as the waitress cleared her throat ready to serve our dinner. I didn't eat three bites. Excitement was running rampant and I was anxious to get Drew home, in bed, and in my pussy! I knew then that there would be absolutely no turning back, no matter how Darrel reacted at first, he'd come around when he saw how happy this would make me.

We left the Roadside Inn in separate cars with Drew following closely behind me. It was about nine-fifteen when we pulled in the driveway. I pulled in the garage and Drew just parked in the drive. I walked over to his car and kissed him passionately as he stood up. We walked arm-in-arm up to the front door. He kissed me again before I opened the front door and stepped inside with Drew holding my hand. Darrel was in his recliner with the TV going. He stood up as we walked in with what I could best describe as a quizzical look on his face.

I went over and kissed him and stepped back and introduced Drew. They shook hands. (This seemed to be going well.) I went back over to Darrel and whispered in his ear: "I love you! And I know you love me too, right?" Not waiting for his response I asked, "Honey, you've always told me that my happiness was foremost in your life, right?"

He responded, "Yes, Sally, I've often said that."

"Well, Sweetie, if you really want to see me happy, you'll understand that I'm going to fuck Drew tonight. I can do it here and you can even watch if you want, or if necessary, I'll leave with Drew and spend the whole night with him. So can we stay here, or do we need to leave?" My body was shaking all over at this point.

What came next was not what I expected. Darrel remained very calm and just stated, "Sally, as you know, I've never tried to run your life nor make your decisions for you. They're simply not my decisions to make. It is your life and the decisions are your decisions to make. What I will do, however, is tell you my reaction to your decisions. If you go through with this, I'll not be happy, but as I said, I won't tell you that you can't or won't do it. Just be prepared for the consequences." With that he sat back down in his recliner, leaned back and turned his attention back to the game on TV.

Drew pulled me in close and kissed me again. We did the tongue tango for a couple minutes as I watched Darrel out of the corner of my eye. Drew shortly had my blouse unbuttoned and my front-closure bra undone and had his hands on my tits. He was tweaking my nipples, and Darrel seemed to be paying absolutely no attention. "This IS going well," I thought again. Drew pulled me over to the couch, quickly pulling his pants down and raising my skirt above my waist. He pulled off my panties and dropped down to sink his face into my womanhood. Darrel got up and went into the kitchen, I assumed to get another beer. I was nearly lost in the ecstasy of the moment.

Drew was sucking on my clit as he slid his forefinger into my vagina and his middle finger into my anus. My first orgasm came thundering in, but was interrupted by a screaming voice from upstairs, "DAAAAADEEEEEE, MOMMEEEEEEE, Help! THERE'S A RAT IN MY ROOM? Where's My Daddy? PLEASSSSSSE come help me!!"

"Oh My God, the kids are home?" I thought. I jumped up and grabbed at my clothes throwing them on as Darrel ran through the room and up the stairs toward Julia's room where she was screaming. I followed as soon as I could get myself together and shove Drew out the door. By the time I got upstairs Darrel had the culprit. Not a Rat, it was a mouse. He had his arm around Julia laughing and had the mouse by the tail taking him to the garage to dispose of him. It took half an hour to get the kids settled and back to bed. Darrel just disappeared when I wasn't looking. I looked all around the house and in the garage and his car was gone. I tried calling his cell but it went straight to voice mail, now I was worried, but the girls had all told me he might react negatively at first but assured me he'd come around. Finally, somewhere around three in the morning I drifted off to sleep.

When I woke up the sun was shining in the window and Darrel was sitting on his chair next to the bed. He told me to shower and get dressed. When I came out of the closet fully dressed, he handed me an envelope and told me that I had thirty minutes to gather what I'd need and get out of the house. In the envelope was a set of divorce papers awaiting my signature and a letter from Darrel. He told me I could go over it and read the letter after I was settled in for the night. He told me that I should just get the stuff I'd need for a few days and leave and then I could arrange to come back to get the rest of my things after I was settled.

I was floored. I begged, "Darrel, sweetheart, let's talk about this, I know we can get past it. I love only you, Drew was just a little diversion to add spice to our love life. I know that you love me too, PLEASE let's just sit and talk through this whole thing. I made a mistake, I misjudged what you'd want. I thought you'd want me to be happy! PLEASSSSSSE Darrel!"

He just said, "You have twenty-five minutes left, you'd better get to packing!"

"But what about the kids?? - I need to take them with me if I'm going somewhere."

"No, you gave up your custodial rights to the kids when you brought your lover in this house with them here at home. They're at my Brother's house and you're not welcome there. I'll pick them up, bring them home, and explain everything to them once you're gone."

Just then, my cell phone rang, it was Valerie's number. I looked at Darrel, he nodded for me to take the call.

Valerie was screaming, "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?" She was obviously furious. She went on, "Darrel is suing me for alienation of affection and evidently Maria and Lilly too, and it gets worse from there."

I interrupted her asking, "Can I come over and stay at your place for a couple of days? Darrel is throwing me out of the house. It's like he knew all about last night before it ever happened. I have a whole envelope full of pictures and tape recordings and documents he handed me along with my divorce papers. This was the worst

mistake I ever made in my life....What am I going to do? I let you talk me into this, now I need your help!"

Valerie replied, "Come on over, Howard is in Chicago for the electronics show all week. We can talk and hopefully talk to Darrel and calm him down."

So, I packed up my stuff and headed for Val's house. By the time I got there, Lilly and Maria were all there too. Evidently they'd all been served with alienation of affection suits by Darrel too... I wondered, "How could he possibly have any proof that we all plotted this out? And even so, how could he do all of this so fast?" I must have passed out in shock because the next thing I knew, everyone was around me where I was laying on the couch. Lilly had a cold wash rag on my forehead.

Val cleared her throat and began, "Well girls, it looks like we have a fine mess here. We don't have a clue what proof Darrel has to our involvement, but obviously he saw this coming and was prepared. One of our husbands could have tipped him off, or who knows what Sally may have done or said to raise his suspicions. If we'd thought about this a little more clearly, we'd have realized that Darrel has tremendous resources at his disposal as head of security for Moore Manufacturing. He may even be listening to us as we speak now! So, Let's proceed to figure out what to do now. We're all facing serious financial burdens if he has proof of our plotting with Sally, and all of our husbands will be upset and may cut us off from our lovers, or even decide to follow Darrel's lead and dump our sorry asses. No doubt it's what we all deserve, and me more than anyone else because I'm the one who got it all started."

To say I was speechless is far understating my state of mind. I must have looked like a Zombie...At least that's how I felt. I shook my head side to side as if to clear my thoughts. Then I remembered, "The Letter! Darrell gave me a letter with the divorce papers." I told the girls that I had to get the envelope out of the car. When I got to the car, I just got in and left, not stopping until I reached a small motel on the outskirts of town.

Once I was alone I decided to read his letter.

*****

Darrel's Letter

*****

Dearest Sally,

It is hard for me to fathom how our marriage has come to this. It had always seemed to me that we were not only life partners, but best friends as well. Never in our marriage have I ever considered anything of consequence without thinking first, "Will this be best for Sally." If there was not a clear indication that was the case, I always came to you first to get your feelings BEFORE making any decisions. Never did I try to tell you what you should feel or do in any circumstance. Always I have given you the freedom to live your life as you see fit, trying to always let you find your happiness, just as I felt you did for me.

It has always seemed to me that we had open communication, no, more than that, an open channel to each other's hearts and souls. So, you can understand how I would be upset to find that you were plotting to make me a cuckold behind my back. Never at any time since I first met you have I even considered even talking about sex with another woman, much less plotting and planning a sexual escapade. With every piece of evidence, I kept telling myself, "She won't go through with this." The fact that you are reading this letter now shows me how wrong I was. You have shattered not only our marriage, but our family. There is no going back.

So that you will better understand all of the legalese in the divorce documents I will lay it all out for you now. (I do suggest you retain an attorney for advice before doing anything.) You can sign the papers citing irreconcilable differences as the reason and in a few months we can begin to start over in life, but if you contest ANY of the terms, I will change the reason to adultery, and mental cruelty, and the evidence will be made

public. And, I do mean public.

Here are the terms on which I insist.

1.You will leave the house permanently, it will be sold and we will split the profits equally from the sale.

2.Julia and Greg will be in my custody, you will have liberal visitation rights, and we can discuss holidays, etc.

3.You will leave your job as teacher. Actually, you won't have a choice as Ted plans on asking for your resignation on Monday morning. You have proven that without substantial psychological help, you are not morally fit to teach young children.

4.All of our liquid assets will be equally divided, including our cars. Since your new Lexus is worth five times the value of my four year old Honda Civic, we can sell both cars and split the money equally, or you can pay me half of the difference in blue book values of each car and we'll be free to do as we wish for transportation.

5.We will each retain full ownership of our own retirement plans at work. I understand that mine is worth many times the value of yours because of changes in your employment, but again I remind you that I am the injured party and if you fight this, everything is off the table.

6.You will refrain from talking about our separation and divorce with anyone outside your immediate family and your attorney, until it is final.

7.This point is a suggestion, not a demand...I strongly suggest that you leave town and take up residence away from your so called friends, Valerie, Lilly, and Maria. They are NOT your friends, they are selfish, egotistical sluts, and as such are not worthy of your friendship. However, that is another decision you'll have to make for yourself.

Just so you know, I will stay in the area so you will have easy access to the kids. If you move away, but not too far, as much as possible, I'll move in your direction to keep the kids near their mother.

Sally, I still love you and prefer that we have minimal contact so I will be able to heal. Eventually, I hope we'll be able to communicate in a civil manner for the benefit of Julia and Greg. My suggestion is that, for now, you work through your attorney for any legal matters and through my parents when you want to see the children. They will know all about what has happened and will be very cooperative with your access to the children.

It certainly must be no surprise to you that I was able to gather the evidence I have, but you are probably wondering what triggered me doing so. No, it wasn't one of the other husbands tipping me off. I was, however tipped off by your own actions. You must have forgotten that we installed the noise activated security audio and video surveillance system in our home. If you remember, we did that five years ago to be able to monitor the activities of the kids and their babysitters when we weren't home. We never discussed it because there were never any incidents to discuss, but because my job is security, its just my nature to keep track of everything. Nothing EVER happened worth mentioning until you brought the girls back to our house for a meeting when I was in Chicago. You can imagine the surprise when I reviewed the security tapes when I returned. I knew immediately we were in trouble and thought about telling you that I knew what was going on and ask you to get away from them, but as I said before, it's just not in my blood to try to control your life. From there, it was just a matter of me doing my job to track everything you did, always hoping you'd maintain our marriage vows: "Forsaking all others, keeping only unto him as long as you both shall live."

When you met with Ted, I knew you'd crossed the line and it was just a matter of time before you brought someone home. Yet, I prayed daily that you'd have a change of heart and never bring someone home to tell me what you were going to do. We might even have made it if you'd brought Drew in and asked me IF you could fuck him. The only trouble is, I wouldn't have told you no, I'd have said just what I did in the circumstance you presented. I simply refuse to try to control your life.

Just so you'll know, each of the girl's husbands will have a copy of everything (Well, most everything) I have in

the way of evidence. What they choose to do with it is none of my concern. Whatever I receive from my lawsuits against the girls will go into a trust fund for our children's college and future.

Finally, there is one more step that I must take so that I can heal. Sally, you are forgiven. That doesn't mean I've forgotten the pain, nor that everything is okay, it simply means that I refuse to carry the baggage of hatred and ill wishes for you. Carrying a grudge only hurts the person carrying it. The other party seldom even knows the grudge is being carried and suffers not in the least from the hatred. Now I can begin the process of finding a new life without you at its center. That's not what I want, but even though I have forgiven you, I also know the trust is gone and can never be recovered. Without trust, there can be no marriage, at least not for me.

Sally, truly, I wish you a good life and I hope you can come to grips with your thoughts and actions. Hopefully, once this is over, you'll find someone to nurture and love without the need for outside interests. Have a blessed life knowing that you were loved deeply and totally.

With Love,

Darrel

***** *****

After reading the letter, I cried for hours, finally falling asleep. When I awoke the tears were still there and it seemed like nothing I could do would ease the pain. I guess that I finally decided that I had to forgive too. The only person that I needed to forgive was myself, but I couldn't bring myself to do that just yet. First there were a few things I had to do.

I didn't hire an attorney, I just signed the papers and sent them by courier to Darrel at work with a letter of my own. I didn't want him to have to listen to me on the phone and assumed that he would read the letter when and if he felt so inclined. I was hurting, but couldn't even imagine how much I'd hurt him. I tried to imagine how I'd feel if the situation were reversed. My mind wouldn't even let me go there...I was too certain that he'd never do to me what I'd done to him. Maybe now I can begin the process of forgiving myself.

***** ***** *****

Sally's Letter

***** ***** *****

My Dearest Darrel,

Here are the papers you gave me to sign. I didn't even read them, nor did I retain an attorney. I know I can trust you like you should have been able to trust me. You were more than fair, there was absolutely no reason for my actions except gross, selfish stupidity. I thought about begging you to forgive me and telling you how much I love you, but I already proved that isn't the case with my actions. I plan on going into therapy as soon as possible to see why I'd let myself get into such self-destructive behavior. It should have been intuitively obvious to me that those three girls are not my friends. I let myself in for everything that I got, and I deserve much worse than you gave me. You showed the same love you always have and all I can do about it now is cry.

I didn't even go into school, I called Ted early Monday morning with my resignation, he asked me to send in a short note which I did.