The Arrangement Ch. 03

Story Info
Some background.
3.7k words
4.72
25k
10
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/25/2022
Created 05/10/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zouzouni
zouzouni
357 Followers

Hello, thanks for your patience. Please enjoy the next chapter and as always your comments are valued.

***

"Now Ayden, is that anyway to greet an old friend." Marcus said as he stepped out of the living room into the foyer.

"You are not and have never been a friend of mine." Ayden growled. His body tense and ready for anything that Marcus might do.

"Come now, bygones, water under the bridge and all that. I've just come passed as a courtesy really. I'm going to be in the area for a few days. This city being your home and all, I thought you might like to know." Marcus said as he strolled around like he owned the place, touching everything.

"I really don't care Marcus. I just want you gone." Ayden responded his anger barely in check.

"Don't be so difficult Ayden. You know that I always know how to have a good time. You can always join me." Marcus started with a smirk playing on his lips. At Ayden's furious look he continued "No? Hmmm I'd forgotten about your fondness for the humans. You still don't like to play with your food. I thought you may have changed since I can scent more than one in here. Have you found yourself a pet Ayden?"

Ayden almost leaped at him. The desire to crush, maim and kill was strong. A low growl began in his throat and was clearly audible to Marcus judging by the bark of laughter he expelled.

"You have always been very amusing Ayden. Don't worry I won't play with your toys unless you invite me to. As I said, just letting you know that I'm passing through." Marcus said smugly.

"Make sure it stays that way Marcus. Just passing through. I wouldn't want you to over stay your welcome." Ayden almost whispered as he stepped out of the doorway hinting strongly that Marcus should leave. Ever one to show off, Marcus used his unnatural speed to effect and sped out the door with chilling laughter in his wake.

Ayden trembled with tension and anger. Marcus was in town. The most evil representation of their kind was here just as things were going well. How had he found him? What was he doing in this city? Too many questions. He shook with fury. He knew he would have to keep an eye on him and make sure he didn't leave too many bodies in his wake. Marcus had a habit of increasing a city's murder statistics dramatically.

Ayden had first met Marcus not long after he'd been turned. Initially he was thrilled to meet others like himself hoping to learn how to manage the changes in himself. Marcus seemed older, more knowledgeable to the young and naive Ayden. He played the role well. Ayden was desperate for help and guidance and Marcus took full advantage of that. He subtly espoused a philosophy of being better than the humans. That humans were only food and that they, as vampires would eventually take over and treat them as the slaves they were. It was a conniving seduction with little comments here, pointing out negatives there. Nothing overt or confrontational.

Marcus would give Ayden only enough concrete information to keep him coming back for more. Eventually Ayden started to believe that this was what he was destined for. This was the life he now had to lead, humans as cattle to be used at a whim. Once Marcus was convinced of his acceptance he invited him to hunt together for the first time.

One night they found themselves at a drinking hall. The noise and smell assaulting their sensitive senses. Ayden was desperately thirsty and could hear every single person's heartbeat like it was a drum. He followed Marcus' lead however as they sat and ordered a couple of ales. The serving girl was pretty enough. She'd shown just enough flesh to indicate that she wasn't averse to the attentions of the men. After a few rounds she spent more and more time at Ayden and Marcus' table. Who could resist their stunning good looks?

After some good natured flirting and not so subtle hints the young woman ended up at their rented room after the bar had closed. Initially she appeared hesitant being alone with two men but she quickly warmed up to Marcus' kisses and not so gentle fondling.

Ayden cringed as he remembered the callous way they treated her. The way they took her in as many ways as they could. He remembered how superior he felt and how seductive those feelings were. Once they had sated their lust, Ayden quenched his thirst leaving enough for Marcus. He handed the still trembling woman to him and sat back to watch.

Ayden smirked as Marcus sank his fangs into the girl's neck. He laughed as he watched her writhe through orgasm after orgasm as Marcus held her up. He found it amusing that their sustenance brought the humans such pleasure.

It took Ayden a while to realize that Marcus wasn't stopping. He wasn't pulling back. He watched as his supposed friend drained the life essence out of the young woman. He stood there stunned as he saw him let her drop in a heap on the floor like she was nothing.

Ayden saw her lying there, he heard the last flutters of her heartbeat before it stuttered and stopped altogether. He took in the paleness of her skin and unseeing eyes. Marcus' laughter started to grate on his ears. This was not what he expected. He thought it would be a night of fun and feeding. Debauchery possibly, using the girl definitely, but murder? This was beyond Ayden's ability to process and accept.

"What's the matter friend? She was fun, want to go and find another one?" Marcus asked flippantly. Standing there naked with a dead girl at his feet as if it was nothing. He was so casual, so unaffected that something inside Ayden snapped. He felt the beast inside him surge forward; snapping and snarling at Marcus he leaped on him with every intention of pulling him to shreds.

Ayden had never been an aggressive person; he'd never been in a fight in his life. This situation, the part that he'd played in this abomination fuelled his fury and lent power to his lack of skill. They fought grappling and wrestling mostly. They broke furniture and put holes in the walls. Ayden noticed nothing, his sole focus was to kill Marcus and prevent him from doing this ever again.

At some point Ayden felt Marcus groan and slump. He stood up and looked down on the bloody pulp that was Marcus. He wanted to move in and finish him off; he wanted that more than anything. As he moved forward he tripped on something. Looking down he noticed that it was the dead girl's leg that he had tripped on.

Ayden looked at her again. She had been jostled from their fight. Her arms and legs splayed, her body covered in splashes of their blood. It was obscene. He didn't want to become that. He didn't want to be the monster that caused that carnage. As much as he wanted to kill Marcus, he couldn't bring himself to do it. He found a sheet and draped it over the girl's body before dressing and getting out of there as fast as he could.

Ayden recalled the next few months of despair over what had happened. His fear that Marcus would come after him. He had berated himself so much that he had stopped feeding, becoming weak and listless. It was only the thought that if he left it too much longer he might become deranged and hurt someone that he decided to feed again. Once he proved to himself that he could feed without hurting the person he started coming out of his depression. It was then he resolved to live within the human world as much as possible, shirking all contact with his own kind.

Ayden came back to the present and stormed into his study. Immediately, he started making phone calls. Just because he didn't want anything to do with his kind didn't mean that he didn't keep tabs on those he knew. Also, there were always people in the human world that associated with vampires. Ayden made sure he maintained these contacts. After Marcus' visit he was glad he'd made the effort. He wanted to know why Marcus was here.

***

Jade was humming as she put away her things. Ayden had been very considerate in making space in cupboards, wardrobes, bookshelves and any other area he thought she may need. It felt strange putting her meagre possessions next to the beautiful items he had collected over the centuries. When she had confronted him with her concerns he told her that it was impossible to compare. Her life treasures were just as important, just because she hadn't lived as long didn't count.

Jade pondered the last few days. The move had gone smoothly with a great deal of help from a packing and moving company. It was the actually living here that made her thoughtful. Ayden's behaviour was odd to say the least. He claimed that he wanted her in his home, that he was happy she was finally here full time. But he was constantly on the phone, and when he wasn't he was quiet and brooding. He claimed it was a business concern but Jade wasn't too sure.

Ayden walked in the room and noticed the small changes that having a woman in your home meant. He liked it. Even though Marcus hadn't made any waves, Ayden felt more comfortable having Jade close. Without realizing he was constantly finding excuses to be around her, in the same room with her, go with her on shopping trips. He told himself it was to keep her safe but he found he really enjoyed it, even the shopping.

"I'm nearly done Ayden. Do you want to go out tonight?" Jade asked hopefully, she was becoming worried about his gloomy behaviour.

"Hmm that's nice." He said distractedly as he was looking out the window.

"Ok Ayden let's just stay in and watch the purple polka dotted unicorns dance a jig in the living room." She said half seriously.

"Sure whatever you like." He said in the same affected manner.

"That is enough Ayden!" she practically shouted. "You say you want me here but ever since I've moved in you've been behaving strangely. If you've changed your mind its ok just tell me." She said exasperated.

"What? Of course I want you here. We've spent almost every waking moment together." He said a little shocked at her comment.

"Yeah? Well if you've been paying so much attention then tell me what I just said we should do tonight." She demanded.

"You said we should ... um, we ... um ..." He tried.

"Exactly! You may be physically present Ayden, but you have been entirely absent. Now I really want to know what is going on with you." She said quietly as she sat on the couch and looked at him expectantly.

Ayden felt uncomfortable. He realized that she was too perceptive for her own good. But how much to tell her? Would this be the conversation that would send her over the edge? That would make her realize that his mere existence put her in danger? He really had no choice so he told her everything.

Jade sat quietly and attempted to process all that he had said. She knew he had a past, a lengthy one at that. She wasn't naive enough to think that it had all been pleasant and violence free. But hearing it from his lips was another matter entirely. She gathered her thoughts and looked at him. He looked frightened, fearful of her condemnation and judgement. The vulnerability touched her. It still amazed her that he was so quick to blame himself and think the worst.

"Ayden, do you think this Marcus is a real threat?" she asked tentatively.

"He is dangerous, but so far he has kept a low profile. I can't figure out what he wants." He said. "What about, you know, the other stuff?" he continued, his voice wavering.

"Oh that, yeah well everyone has a few skeletons in the closet. Besides, it seems to me that this Marcus is very good at manipulating people. I think you did your best under very difficult circumstances." She explained matter of factly.

Ayden was again floored by her acceptance and generosity of spirit. He gathered her in his arms and hugged her fiercely. "I'm sorry I have been so 'absent' as you put it. I've just been worried about keeping you and everyone else safe. I promise from now on I'll let you know what's going on." He said as he nuzzled her neck. He traced kisses along her neck and jaw line before reaching her lips. Ayden kissed her gently, delicately as if she was the most precious thing on the planet.

The tenderness was something completely unexpected. They'd had passion, lust, fun, pleasure, but tenderness? It was too close to another emotion that Jade was unprepared to examine. Irrespective of her doubts she melted into his kisses. She could do nothing else; when his lips touched hers she was lost.

That night they made love, slowly, tenderly. It was exquisite. Even their climax felt different. They hadn't stopped kissing the entire time. Jade lovingly wrapped her tongue around his fangs as usual. However, this time as Jade rushed into that wave of pleasure she felt like she could taste something different to his own personal sweetness. It was exotic and spicy, something totally heavenly. She didn't have a chance to ponder this change as the pleasure overwhelmed her and she couldn't think anymore.

Their relationship shifted after that night. There was nothing said or explicitly talked about. It was just a subtle change in the way they were around each other. Closer somehow, more in tune. There was the ever present concern of Marcus in the back of Ayden's mind, but he felt more comfortable that Jade knew everything.

***

"Marcus, I'm bored. Let's go out." Julia whined. Marcus looked across at her naked form on the bed. She was truly stunning and it was seriously temping to dive back into her body, but she was right it was time to go out and have some fun.

"You're right my dear. We've been cooped up too long." He smiled.

"When are we getting out of this city? Can't you just kill Ayden and be done with it?" She said in a bored tone. Marcus knew she was getting stir crazy but bigger things were at stake.

"Soon sweetheart. I know it must be driving him crazy not knowing what I want. Besides killing him is just not enough anymore." He said as he dressed. He wanted Ayden to pay and he was trying to figure out just how to do that. Having him dead was just a bonus; mostly he wanted to exact his pound of flesh. He'd heard from some very unscrupulous characters that Ayden was particularly interested in a human woman. He was having her followed to see what would come out of it. In the mean time he and Julia were enjoying the delights of the city.

So far Marcus and Julia had been careful. There had been no unexplained deaths or unusual happenings in the newspapers. The main reason for that was that when they were hungry they mainly focused on homeless people. People on the fringe of society that no one would miss or question if they turned up dead. It was disgusting at times, the filth, the alcohol and drugs in their systems. But it was sustenance and it would have to do.

The fact that he had to curb his desires, even temporarily, irritated Marcus no end. He was frustrated that even unknowingly Ayden was interfering in his life. In fact everything about Ayden irritated Marcus, especially the fact that he still existed.

Marcus recalled the way he woke up in that inn. Battered and broken, in more pain than he'd ever felt. He scrambled away in the dark to the small house he called a home for a time. It didn't take long for him to heal, a day at the most. The physical injuries at least.

The mental wounds still festered. He'd trusted Ayden, believed that he'd found a follower. Someone that thought as he did about the superiority of their race. But no, he had been betrayed. One dead human and Ayden had completely turned on him. Ayden's physical strength astounded Marcus. He really should not have been that strong for a young vampire. It was a lesson to never underestimate; it stung to be bested by one so young.

While he healed Marcus planned and plotted. His fury rising to fever pitch. However, once he went looking for Ayden with the most serious intentions of dismemberment, he was gone. Marcus looked high and low for him but he had disappeared. With no one to vent his fury on, Marcus indulged his depravities.

It was not too many decades later that he met Julia. She was another willing tavern wench that fell for his many charms. For as a vampire Marcus was also possessed of the hauntingly beautiful features that both women and men fell for in droves. Julia though appeared to have a streak in her that appealed to Marcus. She was in equal parts cruel towards others and devoted to him. A combination that flamed his ego while supporting his perversions.

Without consideration Marcus turned her. When Julia woke to her new self she was thrilled. Possessing no fear or conscience she used her new enhanced senses and skills to wreak havoc on those around her. On Marcus too, on occasion. She had a personal proclivity for inflicting pain.

They were well suited this pair. Marcus often thought he'd found the female version of himself. So as he indulged himself every whim, he also indulged her. On everything except for this. Julia had not wanted to come to this city. She didn't understand Marcus' obsession with finding Ayden.

It had taken centuries but Marcus had finally tracked Ayden down. He was disgusted with his straight and very human lifestyle. Business magnate, quiet arrangements for feeding, all very civilized and all too human for Marcus' tastes.

Poor little humans, mustn't hurt them, should look after them etc. It was reminiscent of the others' attitudes. The ones that had banished him so long ago. Marcus fantasized about dealing with them after he'd finished Ayden off. Maybe.

Marcus was patient. He watched and waited from a distance until something had changed in Ayden's quiet, predictable routine. He stopped all his feeding arrangements. No amount of subtle and not so subtle inquiry could provide an answer. That was why he was here in person. Something had changed and it was that something that would bring about Ayden's demise, he was sure of it. Marcus looked over at Julia as she dressed in a barely there outfit. Again he pondered whether they should just stay in. One more night on the town wouldn't hurt, he thought as they left.

***

Jade was feeling fantastic. She and Ayden had never been closer, work was great. Also she was possessed by and incredible feeling of wellness and energy. Jade put it down to sleeping well and having a content personal life, but it was more than that. She glowed, everyone had commented on the change.

A very small part of Jade was concerned about 'the other vampire' out there, as she had taken to calling him. Mostly she was content that Ayden could manage that situation, it wasn't like she would need to go up against a vampire herself.

The day to day routine of work and home had never been more satisfying. In fact Jade spent the majority of her day, although putting one hundred percent into her work, aching to get home to Ayden. It was like the physical distance was painful. She berated herself constantly for turning into a clingy, dependant what? She didn't know what she was to him. She kept warning herself to not get too attached but all her tired arguments were slowly failing.

Jade shook her head of errant thoughts and started to prepare for her meeting. Thoughts of Ayden would take over all her time if she let them.

Jade stood as Mr. Thornton walked in for their regular meeting. "Hello Mr. Thornton. I trust things are going well?" Jade said smiling.

"Jade, how many times have I asked you to call me Peter? And things are well. You, my dear are looking more beautiful every time I see you." Peter said as he kissed her cheek.

"Mr... Peter. Thank you for the compliment." She said blushing as they got down to business. The account was progressing well. Finally they were finishing up and making small talk.

"So how is Jonathan coping with his new role?" Jade asked about the son that Peter had been so worried about a few months ago.

"Oh, he was resistant at first as you can expect. But this role as creative director suites him so well. So after some teething problems he took to it like a duck to water. I've never seen him so settled. He stopped the partying and drinking. He even comes to work on time and works hard. I'm impressed." He said beaming while he spoke but a small frown crossed his brow as he finished.

zouzouni
zouzouni
357 Followers
12