The Bachelorette Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You accuse my countryman yet, your own Alpha's have said that a man named Edward is behind this!" You all are liars and-"

"You will hold your tongue Elkin. Edward Renaldo is behind the takeover of the Fontenot pack, true. However one of your countrymen is at his back. Ruslan Kuznetsov is the potion's maker at his beck and call. You may have heard of him and his exploits into the dark magics and vile potions. Now do you see what this country is up against? The European council is not going to act on this until an attack comes on their soil. I have already been to see them and have alerted them to the situation here because it needed done. Unlike them, I believe in sharing information before it becomes critical. They have opened up their library's for our use however and allowed me to do some research on the two men who have come to this land to hurt our people and those who don't acknowledge our existence." She walked closer to Elkin. "You know of Kuznetsov, you were old friends were you not?"

"I will admit in my youth I knew him, but he was not the monster that you call him. He was a simple child living in the harsh winters of Russia. His father was a brute of a man who treated people worse than any I have seen. I knew him as an innocent youth, I know not of the man he came to be." Elkin stiffened as she got closer.

"Be that as it may Igor, you did once know of him. You know of his exploits with his father and the lives he ruined with the touch of his deadly magicks. Do not dismiss what we have to say so easily. You have no thought for anyone but yourself, you barely care about your own pack, perhaps this is the reason the fates have not blessed you with a mate."

"How dare you speak to me that way! I am an Alpha and as such I demand your respect or you will force me to teach you a lesson!" Igor's face was red with rage.

"I suggest you keep your saliva to yourself sir, I don't appreciate the shower. I'd like to see you try and teach me a lesson Igor. You have no idea who you are talking to, I have more power in my pinky than you have in your entire pack. Before you pick fights, you should know your opponent. That is the basic rule of fighting isn't it? I thought all wolves were taught this.... I guess since you were so privileged and the Alpha's son, you didn't have to go through training just like everyone else." Petra's body never shuttered as Igor's hand smashed into the table, splintering the top. She didn't move as he lunged at her, but she was gone from that spot before he crashed to the floor.

There were soft snickers from all over the room, which only enraged Igor more. "Come now Igor, this is not the best you can do is it?" Petra was clearly enjoying the game at this point. Blake hoped that she knew what she was doing. He had felt her power once, but hoped that it was enough to take on the enraged wolf before her.

"Are you challenging me woman?" Igor was standing and adjusting his suit now, smiling. As he stood tall, he spat his words at her again. "If that is a challenge than I accept, you will learn your place."

"What a pity that we have come down to this. You challenging a woman, just for spite. I accept your challenge sir, I will see you in the circle. " Petra bowed her head and stood up tall. "Just remember Igor, it will be you and you alone in that circle. There will be no others to interfere, if any should the penalty will be death." Igor nodded stiffly and walked back to his chair, and grabbed his glass of water. Petra looked up at Leon and Blake, "I will be outside with Dayna at the circle. Have him meet me there when he is ready to meet his fate." She seemed to float over to the door and exit the room. With her disappearance, the room seemed empty and eerily silent. All eyes turned to Igor, and then to Leon.

"Igor, are you sure you want to do this?" One of the other Alpha's asked quietly.

"You doubt me? I can put that woman in her place. Who does she think she is? Talking down to me? Me of all people!" Igor adjusted his collar once again and shrugged his shoulders mumbling the last to himself.

"It is true that your reputation precedes you, but so does hers. Petra is not a force to be reckoned with. Her age is undetermined and she has great power, surely you felt that." Blake stood and looked down at the fool.

"Petra? I have never heard of-" Igor was interrupted by another Alpha.

"I have heard of Petra, there were rumors of her passed down through my line. Stories told of a beautiful maiden of great power that defended our people from a vampire slaughter. It was said that she single handedly cut down a coven." Alexi Alexander spoke softly, his deep voice reverberating through the silent room. "The story has been passed down from generation to generation, the story is centuries old. There is no way that this could be the same woman can it?" the Alexander Alpha looked up at Leon and then back to Elkin.

"Impossible, she would have died between then and now, look at how insolent she is." Igor snapped, but the rage behind his words had dwindled.

"Either way, you have a challenge to meet Igor Elkin, and I will not have you dawdle. I expect you to be at the circle within the hour. Until then, I'm going to dismiss this little meeting and we will pick up after this .... match." The simultaneous sound of chairs being pushed back and the Alpha's standing filled the room. Each filed out until none but Igor Elkin stood inside.

12