The Bard & The Emperor

Story Info
Gabrielle is hired to protect famous Roman.
4.1k words
4.22
22.5k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer: Gabrielle, Julius Caesar, Xena, etc do not belong to me. They belong to Rob Tapert and Renaissance Pictures. I'm just borrowing them and I'll gladly return Gabrielle and Xena. Caesar's mine =). I'm also a bit rusty on my Roman history so please excuse me if I make up some things. By the way, The Ides of March never happened.

Summary: Gabrielle is hired to protect a very familiar Roman Emperor.

* * * * *

The guard ran into Caesar's bedroom, panicked.

"Caesar, there is someone here to see you."

Caesar, sitting at his desk writing a scroll, looked up at the guard. "Who is it?"

"She did not say, sir."

He frowned, curious. "She? Escort her in, guard." He rolled up the scroll and stood up, wondering who this guest was.

Following the guard in, Gabrielle looked around. Her eyes met Caesar's and her breath caught in her throat at the sight of him. Despite Xena's hated of him, Gabrielle was fascinated and quite fond of the Roman Emperor. She found him very attractive and extremely powerful. Her eyes roamed up and down his body; her lips curling upwards in approval.

Gesturing to the guard to leave, Caesar cleared his throat and grinned, amused. "Do you like what you see, Gabrielle?"

Her cheeks reddened slightly and she looked down at her boot-clad feet, regaining her composure.

Caesar made his way over to her and gently tilted her chin up so that their faces would be inches apart. Whispering huskily, "What brings you to my home, Gabrielle?"

With their faces so close to each other, she could feel his warm breath on her mouth and she wanted desperately to lean in and share a passionate kiss with him.

"I heard that you wanted to employ an assassin. I want the job."

He arched his brow and moved away from her, laughing softly. "You? My dear Gabrielle, I would have thought that Xena would have offered for this job, not you."

She sighed, getting defensive. "I have changed a lot since we last met, Caesar. Besides, Xena and I split up years ago and I am afraid I need the money."

Realizing that she was being serious, he began to circle around her, inspecting her. "How much do you need?"

She watched him inspect her. "50-60 dinars."

He nodded and stopped in front of her. "That seems fair to me. You will be watching over me, is that correct?"

Gabrielle nodded and smiled softly, excited that she got the job. "Yes, that is correct. Thank you for giving me this job, Caesar."

"I haven't hired you yet. I need to see how skilled you are. Come with me to the training arena," he ordered, walking out of the room.

He showed her to the training room, picked up two swords and tossed one over to her. She caught it in mid air and swung it around a bit, liking the feel of it.

He smiled and got into his fighting stance. "Are you ready?"

Gabrielle nodded and went into her stance, ready for the attack.

Caesar swung the sword towards Gabrielle's stomach and she blocked it, shoving him away and proceeded to knock him down to the floor and pressed the blade against his throat.

"Impressed?"

He laughed softly, vastly amused. "Yes. You are hired."

She smiled and tossed the sword to the side, helping him up.

"You will stay in my home for as long as I need you. Understood?"

Gabrielle nodded. "I understand."

"Good. I'm having a little get together with my soldiers and their families tonight. You shall be my date."

Her heart jumped into her throat and she nodded. "Thank you, Caesar."

"Call me Julius, Gabrielle," he said, walking over to her and gently stroking her cheek with the back of his hand.

She gulped and started leaning into him, whispering softly. "Julius."

Their lips grazed each others when they were interrupted by a guard.

"Caesar, one of the cooks needs to speak to you about tonight's dinner."

Caesar groaned softly and glared at his guard. "Tell the cook that I'm on my way and I want you to prepare a room for Gabrielle."

The guard nodded and went out of the room, waiting for Gabrielle.

Caesar looked at Gabrielle. "Excuse me, Gabrielle. We will continue this later." He walked out, leaving her aching for the touch of his mouth.

She followed the guard out who showed her to the room that was next to Caesar's.

Later that evening, the guard knocked on Gabrielle's door and laid out a beautiful dress onto the bed.

"Who is this dress from?" she asked, running her fingers over the silky fabric.

"The Emperor picked it out personally for you to wear this evening," the guard replied, leaving.

She picked up the dress and pressed it against her body, looking at her reflection in the mirror. The dress was made of silk and it was burgundy with a white gold belt that hung down to the floor. She smiled and began to dress.

Downstairs, the other guests were sipping wine out of gold goblets and discussing a variety of topics ranging from the weather to the newest public scandal to the latest plays shown at the theaters. Caesar was surrounded by a group of his closest friends, one of whom being his right hand man and trusted friend, Brutus. Brutus and Caesar had known each other since childhood and Caesar felt at ease with his friend around.

Suddenly everyone quieted down and looked at the staircase, watching Gabrielle descend down the stairs; her lips curling in a smile of kindness.

Caesar watched the crowd take her in and looked at her with awe also. She looked absolutely breathtaking in the dress that he had picked out for her. She looked like she belonged with them in his home.

Their eyes met as Gabrielle made her way over to him as she slowly pushed through the crowds and they shared a smile. Caesar couldn't take his eyes off her and the effect that she had on him was truly dumbfounding.

Reaching him, she received a goblet of wine from one of the servants that was making their way around the enormous room. Taking a sip, Gabrielle smiled and watched the other guests talk amongst themselves.

Brutus noticed how his friend shot lustful gazes Gabrielle's way and grinned, shaking his head. Taking Gabrielle's hand, he kissed it softly and introduced himself.

"My name is Brutus and it would give me great pleasure to dance with you."

She smiled and bowed gently at him. "If it's all right with Caesar."

Caesar was about to object but Brutus cut in. "He can't have you all night. He won't mind." He took Gabrielle's goblet and handed it over to Caesar, taking her hand and leading her to the dance floor.

Caesar grimaced as he watched Brutus and Gabrielle dance together. He would make sure that he and Gabrielle would be able to be alone together before the night was over.

While the others were dancing or talking, one of the guests slipped away and removed a poisonous dart and a bow from inside his bag. He positioned himself far behind Caesar and started putting the arrow into the bow and pulling the string. The Emperor of Rome would be dead before midnight.

As the song finished, Gabrielle moved away from Brutus and started walking back to Caesar. She noticed something odd that was hidden from the others behind Caesar and she recognized the shape of the arrow aiming at Caesar's head. Her heart jumped into her throat and she started running over to him.

Caesar was glad the song had finally ended and he watched Gabrielle make her way over to him and started smiling in her direction when he noticed the panicked look on her face and frowned, looking for Brutus.

The assassin watched Gabrielle rush over to Caesar and frowned, hoping she wouldn't foil his assassination plot for Caesar. After he had finished preparing the bow and arrow, he aimed it at Caesar, pulled the string back and fired at Caesar's stomach.

Reaching Caesar, Gabrielle cried out his name and shoved him away from danger. The arrow entered Gabrielle's stomach and remained in there. She cried out loudly in pain and fell to the floor beside Caesar, clutching her aching stomach.

The assassin muttered angrily and ran off, alerting the guards who went after him.

"Gabrielle!," Caesar cried out and slowly turned her over, getting her blood on his royal blue tunic.

Guests screamed and ran out, leaving Brutus, Caesar, and a wounded Gabrielle. Brutus stood by his friend and watched to see if Gabrielle would live.

"Get the doctor, Brutus! Now!," Caesar ordered, scared for Gabrielle's life.

Gabrielle groaned. "There was a man aiming an arrow at you. I couldn't let you die."

He groaned, realizing that she might die for him. "The guards will find him. You are not going to die. Brutus is getting the doctor and you'll be all right."

She smiled painfully. "I hope you are right, Julius."

"I know I am, Gabrielle."

Brutus brought the doctor in and Caesar carefully picked up Gabrielle and took her to his room.

The doctor had kicked Brutus and Caesar out of the room so he and the nurse could work on saving Gabrielle. Caesar paced back and forth while Brutus helped himself to the wine. very now and then, Caesar would look at his door, expecting Gabrielle or the doctor to walk out. But there was none of that for the past two hours and it drove him crazy.

Finally the doctor walked out and he cleared his throat. "She lost a lot of blood but I was able to remove the arrow and sew it up. The bad news is that the arrow was lined with poison that went into her system. Fortunately, she is a very strong woman and she'll recover within a few weeks. You are very lucky to have her, Emperor. She is very strong and capable."

Caesar nodded. "Yes, she is that. May I see her?"

The doctor nodded. "I'll be back tomorrow to redress her wound."

"Thank you for your services. I greatly appreciate them."

The doctor nodded once more and exited.

Caesar walked into his room, finding Gabrielle sleeping on the bed.

The nurse was dampening a cloth in a bowl of cold water which would be pressed onto her forehead in an attempt to bring down her fever.

Caesar intervened and dismissed the nurse, taking over the task of nursing Gabrielle for the night. After wringing out the cloth, he went over to where Gabrielle was laying on his bed and gently pressed the moist rag onto her forehead. She stirred in her sleep, trying to roll onto her stomach but Caesar gently pushed her onto her back. She started to struggle and ended up waking, looking up at him looming over her.

"Hi," she whispered quietly.

"Hi," he replied, whispering. "You need to stay on your back, Gabrielle. I don't want your wound to open up," he ordered softly and thought to himself.

I'd never forgive myself if you died.

She sighed tiredly and nodded, settling back down on her back and watching him watch her.

He carefully moved back and dragged a chair over to the bed. "Do you remember what happened?"

Gabrielle nodded. "Someone tried to kill you and I saved your Roman ass," she said, smirking.

Caesar smiled and laughed softly. "Yes, you saved my Roman ass. I am in your debt for that."

She started to shrug but it hurt too much so she placed her hand on his. "I just did what I was paid to do, Julius."

He turned his hand around and gently grasped hers, stroking the top of her hand with his thumb. Her eyes watched his thumb turn her hand into putty. The calluses on his hands felt so nice on her war hardened skin and it was turning her mind into mush but she did not pull away.

"Were the guards able to find the man that tried to kill you tonight?"

Caesar nodded. "He is down in the cells now. I was going to find out who he was after I made sure that you would be all right."

She smiled softly at the show of compassion from Caesar. "I'll be all right, Julius. You can go down now. I'm going to go back to sleep in a few minutes."

"Don't move, Gabrielle. Promise me?"

Gabrielle nodded. "I promise, Julius. Go on now," she replied, pulling the blankets up further and turning her head from him, closing her eyes.

He watched her settle in and excused himself. Walking out of the room, he found Brutus on the floor, sleeping off a drunken stupor. He smirked and shook his head, ordering one of the guards to put Brutus in one of the empty rooms and made his way down to the prison cells.

The prisoner was chained to an iron ring that was hanging on the ceiling and he had been beaten severely by the guards before being thrown into the cell. He watched the guards laugh amongst themselves and a share a barrel of wine.

Suddenly the guards quieted down and stood erect, greeting Caesar with a nod. Caesar made his way past the line of guards, looking over at the assassin.

"Guard, have you found out his name?"

One of the guards spoke up. "His name is Augustus Maximus and he lives in Athens."

Caesar nodded and looked at Augustus. "Who hired you, Augustus?"

"My employer doesn't go by a name."

One of the guards snarled at August, making him feel uncomfortable.

Augustus sighed. "I was hired by Pompey The Magnus."

Caesar frowned. "Pompey? But he is dead. Xena killed him."

"We spoke days before his death, Emperor. It has taken me five years to reach Rome."

Caesar nodded. "Was this your first attempt on my life?"

Augustus shook his head. "Five years ago tonight, you were to have died by the hands of your politicians. Everything was set except you were called away because Xena and her friend had been spotted."

"I remember that night. You do realize that I will have to kill you, Augustus. Two failed attempts on my life is rewarded with getting your head chopped off. You have two days to plead your innocence. I can be a fair man when I want to be."

"You were destined to die, Caesar. It isn't over yet. There are others that won't cry over your death," Augustus replied, smirking defiantly.

Caesar shrugged. "I'm giving you a chance to stay alive, Augustus. Think before you speak," he said, leaving.

Augustus snarled at Caesar's fading back and leaned back against his chains, trying to devise a plan.

Walking up the steps, Caesar was trying to understand why Pompey had wanted him dead. His guard interrupted his thoughts.

"Caesar, the nurse has just informed me that Gabrielle's fever has broken."

Caesar smiled softly and nodded, running up the rest of the steps and into the room, alarming the nurse. He gestured to her, dismissing her and went over to Gabrielle who was awake.

"Welcome back, Gabrielle," he said, grinning.

She smiled tiredly. "Hi, Julius. Did you find anything out from the prisoner?"

He nodded slowly, wanting to discuss other things. "His name is Augustus Maximus and he was hired by Pompey."

She frowned. "Pompey? He's been dead for a couple years, Julius."

"He said that he and Pompey had spoken days before his death."

She nodded slowly. "Will he be executed?"

"If the others do not find him innocent, then yes. He said that there are others out there that want me dead."

"You are the most powerful man in Rome, Julius. Anyone with half a brain would kill for the kind of power you hold in your hands."

Caesar smirked. "Thanks for the lovely sentiment, Gabrielle."

"You know what I mean. Did he give any names?"

He shook his head. "No, he did not. I just hope you'll be well enough to help."

"I should be. The doctor gave me a few weeks."

"This job is too dangerous for you, Gabrielle."

She sighed, remembering the fight she had with Xena before leaving for Rome. "I can handle it, Caesar."

"Like you handled it last night?"

Gabrielle groaned softly. "I saved your life!"

"At the cost of your own? My dear Gabrielle, if you thought this gallant act of heroism was going to win me over, you are trying too hard."

She gasped, getting upset. "Win you over? Is that what you think I was doing?"

Caesar shrugged and then nodded. "Yes. Your intentions were quite clear when you kissed me in the training arena."

"I kissed you? Your lips touched mine first, Caesar. And I did not say anything about my intentions. I came here wanting a job, not you."

He smirked, not believing her. "I saw how you looked at me, bard. You were attracted to me."

She shrugged. "Well I am not any longer, you Roman pig," she said, forcing herself up.

"Ha! So you admit it!"

Gabrielle groaned and grabbed a miniature bust of Caesar. "I was once, Emperor. I quit!," she announced, throwing the bust at Caesar.

He ducked just in time to see it fly over his head and break against the wall, falling to the floor in a million pieces.

He glared at her. "What was that for?! And you can't quit because I need you."

"There are thousands of other assassins who are willing to work for less out there, Caesar."

He made his way over to her slowly like a zoo keeper with a scared animal. "I hired you because I know how skilled you are, Gabrielle," he said softly, reaching over to her and gently stroked her cheek.

Gabrielle and watched and felt Caesar caress her cheek and it felt so nice to be touched that she leaned into his hand, craving more.

He leaned in and pressed his mouth against hers in a tender kiss. Her hands came up to cup his face and her tongue sought entrance into his mouth.

Caesar groaned softly and opened his mouth as Gabrielle filled his mouth with her tongue. He placed his hands on the small of her back where her bikini top ended and her bottom met. Gabrielle ended the kiss, feeling weak in the knees and she leaned against Caesar, breathless. Caesar licked his lips and held the warrior bard close, amazed at how a kiss could start his blood on fire.

Once Gabrielle regained her breath, she reluctantly pulled away, looking up at Caesar. "I am sorry for ruining your statue, Julius."

"Do you promise you won't try to kill me any longer?," he asked, smirking.

She nodded and smiled. "I only kill the ones that want you dead."

He grinned and stroked her cheek with his palm, watching her lean into him and kiss his thumb.

"Help me undress, Gabrielle," he ordered softly, waiting for her reaction.

She smiled and walked behind him, slowly untying the royal blue cape. Removing the cape, she let it fall to the floor and she removed his gold corona*, setting it down on the table. Walking around so they were face to face, she started to remove the white tunic, feeling his eyes on her. She smiled softly in approval when his chest was revealed and he smiled in return. Letting the tunic fall to the floor, she started to remove his jewelry. At one point, she took his ring finger into her mouth and gently pulled the ring off with her teeth, eliciting a groan from Caesar's lips.

Once she was done, she ran her fingers through his hair, messing it up a bit. "Much better," she replied, grinning.

"May I undress you, bard?"

She nodded and turned around, feeling him pull on the laces of her leather bikini top and slowly sliding the straps off her shoulders. As he pushed the straps off, he started kissing Gabrielle's shoulders and neck, causing her to shudder and moan softly. Grinning at the reaction, Caesar gently took her earlobe into his mouth and sucked on it softly as his hands caressed her breasts. She moaned his name and pressed her backside into him, craving more contact.

He groaned softly and slid down her back, pulling off her skirt and adding it to the pile; kissing behind her left knee. Sliding up, he spun Gabrielle around, picked her up and placed her on the bed.

Gabrielle sat up, smiling with excitement and licked her lips. Caesar watched her tongue and bent down to trace her lips with his tongue. She moaned softly and repeated the action on his lips.

Pulling away from her mouth, Caesar straddled her hips, pressing his hot erection against her stomach. He pressed his lips into her cleavage and slowly made his way to her right breast with his lips and tongue.

Gabrielle moaned and arched her upper torso towards him while her fingers slid into his hair. It had been so long since she had given herself to a man and now she knew that her waiting had finally ended.

12