The Barstow Girls

Story Info
The choices we all make in life.
14.9k words
4.73
66.4k
58
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
DG Hear
DG Hear
5,689 Followers

A big thank you to LadyCibelle and Techsan for their fine editing and making this story a much better read.

Have you ever thought about all the beautiful women that go out west to be models and movie stars? Where do they all end up? We know there are thousands and thousands aspiring to be stars and they go to Hollywood or elsewhere to make it big. Unfortunately most don't make it.

The ones who do become successful seem to need a shrink or have been married a half dozen times.

My name is Bryan and I'd like to tell you a little about my life and some of my thoughts. As a kid growing up I was rather athletic and liked sports. I went out for baseball, football and basketball. I went to a rather small school so it wasn't that hard to make the team. I was pretty good, but I guess I was far from being college material because I never saw any scouts looking at me. It was still fun playing and it helped get me the girls. I had no problems finding dates. In fact Susan Barstow, the most popular girl in the school, was my girlfriend my senior year.

A little information about Susan; she was an 'It' girl, she seemed to have it all. When she was six years old, she was the mini-queen in our local pageant. She was Junior queen a few years later. Her parents took her everywhere for these crazy contests. She was both our County Fair Queen and our Homecoming Queen. I guess her parents were preparing her to become a star. She was talented. She didn't sing the greatest but she could dance.

She was my girlfriend most of our senior year. We dated whenever we got the chance. Between my playing sports and her aspiring modeling career, we didn't see a whole lot of each other. Her parents didn't try to stop us from seeing each other but we almost always had a chaperon. Sharon, her little sister, usually went with us wherever we went. She had another sister, Brenda, who tagged along once in awhile also. Sharon was five years younger and Brenda was seven years younger than Susan.

I used to give the girls a little money to go to the neighborhood store just so Susan and I could be alone. We only had time to do a little petting before her sisters would return. I liked Susan a lot; what was not to like? We had sex for the first time when we went to the prom. After that we had quickies whenever the opportunity presented itself.

After graduation Susan headed to a big city modeling school near Las Vegas, Nevada. She told me she was going to be a movie star and have everything she ever wanted. I remember her telling me we would be the happiest couple on the planet and live in a million dollar home and drive the fastest cars.

She had dreams and told me she was going to turn them into reality. I, on the other hand, had more common sense. The job market wasn't the greatest and I didn't expect to go to college. I had the smarts but my family wasn't the wealthiest and I wasn't getting any sports scholarships that amounted to much.

I decided to enlist in the service. I wanted to do my share for the country. After the shit people gave the Vietnam Vets, I wanted to show that I was behind our military. My dad had told me stories how he was spit at when he came home. Here he was out fighting for his country and people didn't care.

My dad was proud the day I enlisted. He's a good man with a good heart. He told me some people just didn't understand.

I remember the day I left for boot camp my dad hugged me and said, "Do your best, soldier." It brought tears to his eyes.

The army offered me a career and would put money aside for an education or for whatever reason I chose. About two weeks after graduation I headed out to boot camp. Susan and I got away for an afternoon before I left and fucked each other silly. I was really going to miss her. After all, I was a nineteen year old kid with raging hormones and was saying goodbye to a very beautiful woman whom I loved at the time.

Love for teenagers is a strange word. If we were just lovers and got married and settled down, I guess we might have succeeded, but I had my doubts. We both had our dreams and wants and were going in different directions.

I came home after basic training but Susan was away at college. I missed her. I was going to be sent away to Fort Leonard Wood for my Advanced Individual Training – somehow the Army had seen fit to train me to be a Motor Transport Operator. It sounded impressive but basically I would just be a driver.

The training was great. After all the crap at basic training it was nice to be treated like an adult. I figured that it couldn't be all that difficult to just drive a truck. I was surprised and I guess a little pleased to find out it was pretty complex. Just one thing I would never have thought of was the training of a vehicle crew to be able to complete their mission in combat situations.

After I finished the course I was assigned to the 58th Transport Battalion there at Fort Leonard Wood. I was lucky and just as I was assigned there I was selected as the driver for the battalion commander. It was good duty and I did that for the year I was in Missouri.

During the training phase I was exchanging letters with Susan fairly often for about six months. She told me she was dating since "... we aren't really going together." It hurt but I could hardly blame her. A woman like her was never meant to be alone.

I noticed she started sounding somewhat detached – like she was writing to her brother. I wasn't particularly surprised when I got a "Dear John" letter from her. She blabbed on and on about space, her needs, even her damned identity.

I thought I'd be really upset but then I realized that the only thing she hadn't written about was her selfishness. The more I thought about it, I began to feel relieved. If we had married I knew I would just be an appendage to her ... that everything would be about Susan. Of course, I knew I would always remember her. I even carried a picture of her in my pocket.

The battalion commander was in DC for a week's worth of meetings and I was able to wrangle a three-day pass. I was going to take a bus to Kansas City but I wound up stopping at a Jody bar in Waynesville for a beer – or two. It turned out to be a lot and I woke up in bed with the wife of an MP on duty in Bosnia. I felt like shit when I thought about what she was doing to him, but that didn't stop me from staying in bed with her for two more days.

Fort Leonard Wood was to hell and gone in the middle of Missouri south of I-44. Most of the guys called it "Little Korea." It was hilly and cold as hell in the winter and just the opposite in the summer. I wasn't sad to leave there but I had mixed feelings about going to Bosnia. A lot of the guys had been there and told how dangerous the ancient animosities made things. One story a guy told me was about a guy stopping his car in front of their Bradley Fighting Vehicle and standing there waving two guns at them. They just buttoned up the Bradley and let him shoot until he ran out of ammo, then got out and disarmed him.

One thing I was glad of was that I wasn't leaving a wife behind to go to some damn Jody Bar.

The duty was pretty good but boring. I was assigned to the motor pool to drive whatever and whoever needed driving. We spent a lot of time sitting around pretending to do maintenance on the vehicles. I used my leave time to go around some of the nearby countries. I went to Switzerland and didn't like it. I loved Greece and Italy. Picking up girls for the night was fairly easy as long as I was willing to spend some money on them. I'm sure several of them were at least amateur prostitutes but they did look clean. I tried to stay away from the professionals.

I also took several of the locals to bed. They were so poor they would do anything for some food or money. I felt bad about it but rationalized that if it weren't me it would be one of my buddies. I didn't form any lasting attachments and had no girlfriend at home.

One thing that was typical was the time a girl was taken to a hospital in the Serbian area. They cut the girl's head open and then found out she was Muslim. They made her parents take her from the hospital, with her head still open. I drove a doctor and nurse in an ambulance to take them to one of our hospitals. I couldn't believe that people would treat a little girl like that!

After Bosnia I was assigned to the US Army Garrison in Heidelberg, Germany. This was to prove the best duty I had while in the Military. I was again assigned to the motor pool. The unit was great and didn't hassle us as long as we did our jobs. I was amazed at how compact Europe was. Within a few hours on a train I could be in several different countries. I spent a lot of time in Munich and even felt like it would be a good place to live sometime.

After Germany I had a couple of nothing, boring assignments that were a letdown after Heidelberg. A spell at Fort Bliss, then thirteen months in Korea made me start wondering about how badly I wanted to stay in the Army. I don't think I ever considered it a career – maybe I had stayed in because I didn't know what else to do ... a simple case of inertia.

Then I got sent to Iraq when Operation Iraqi Freedom started up. My job was ferrying ammunition and other critical supplies to different units. I'd never considered that a truck driver would have just as dangerous a job as a front line soldier – not that anyone knew where the front lines were. One after another roadside bombs or occasionally snipers killed guys I knew.

After a close call myself I knew my time in the Army was about over – I would never reenlist again. The time there seemed to last forever.

The service changes people, some for the better and some for the worse. It taught me how good I had it in the States. Sex for servicemen was pretty wide open but I really wanted more. I often thought of a loving wife and a couple of rugrats running around. Hell, I'd even like to have a dog.

I had come home a couple of times. Once for my older brother Bob's wedding. I was in the wedding party and of course my mom wanted me to wear my uniform, which I did. Bob was a pretty smart guy and actually got a scholastic scholarship in Business Finance. He was already Vice President of the local bank. He and his wife looked good together. They were planning on having a family and settling down in our home town. He had the kind of life I was hoping for after getting out of the service.

The last time I came home I had two years yet to serve ... just finish my current tour of duty. I don't know why I decided that ten years was what I would serve. There was no retirement or benefits until twenty years. I guess I had just had enough. I met up with some old friends and learned about their lives. I asked a few of them if they had ever heard anything about Susan and was told to ask her little sister, Brenda.

I stopped by the Barstow house and this good looking young girl, or I should say woman, came to the door. She looked at me and yelled, "Bryan! What are you doing home" It had been eight years since I saw Brenda. I couldn't believe she recognized me.

"I'm home on leave and thought I would stop by and say hi to your family."

"Well, come on in. Mom and Dad are in the back yard. Sharon's away at college and of course Susan's in Las Vegas."

I went to the back yard and greeted Mr. and Mrs. Barstow. We chatted a lot about the service and their family. They told me that Susan started out being a model and then got a career as a dancer in Las Vegas. They showed me all kinds of pictures of Susan with different movie stars.

We talked a while longer and when I got ready to leave Brenda said, "Sharon's going to be mad that she wasn't here to see you. I don't know if you ever knew it but she always had a crush on you, but of course she was a lot younger than you. She yelled at Susan when she sent you that Dear John letter."

"I always liked all you girls. The three prettiest girls in the county. Boy, you sure grew up to be a looker yourself. How old are you now?" I asked.

"Nineteen going on twenty. I'm in my second year at the community college now. I'm in the nursing program right now."

"You are one smart and good looking girl. You get that education and maybe find a doctor to marry. He would be one lucky fellow," I smiled.

I gave her a big hug and told her to say hi to her sisters for me when she saw them. I guess Susan was living the life she always wanted.

When I went back overseas, I thought about the Barstow women. Both Susan and Brenda were good looking women. I wish I had a chance to see how Sharon turned out. Especially after hearing she had a crush on me in high school. I remembered this young teenager with the braces and pigtails following Susan and I around. I do have to say that she always had something funny to say that would make me laugh. She and Brenda did drop me an occasional letter which always made me feel good.

----------------

At the end of my tour of duty I decided to stop in Las Vegas and say hi to my old flame before returning home. With the information I got from Brenda I was able to locate Susan at one of the dance clubs. She looked great but older. That might not be the word I want, grownup, mature, no longer the young beautiful girl I remembered from high school, but more of a woman of the world.

As I entered this club I heard a woman's voice. She was talking to a man, probably a director of some kind.

"Rehearsal is going to go through dinnertime again and it's that blonde bitch's fault. Every year there's at least one in the new bunch that thinks she just knows everything. I tried to tell her the way it went here. You'd think she would listen to me, but no, of course not. What did I know? Why would I know anything after ten years in this business?"

"Hello, Susan," I said.

I could tell the lights made it hard to see who the voice belonged to but it must have sounded familiar. She moved toward the front of the stage near the set of steps leading down to the center of the theater. She held her hand above her eyes to get rid of some of the glare of the lights. It was late and I could see she was tired and probably hungry since I heard these women worked such long hours. I figured whoever was here to see her had better not take too long.

"I don't get a hello?" My voice added a hint of sarcasm to go with my normal easy-going manner.

"Bryan? Is it really you? It's been forever. How are you?"

I figured she was leery of why I showed up now just out of the blue.

The director was screaming now as he took off down the side of the rehearsal hall. I looked over my shoulder at the three new girls in the group all huddled together and the remainder of the cast leaving the stage. It appeared the practice was through for the evening.

"Do you have time for dinner Susan? I thought we could catch up on old times over dinner. I'm pretty hungry myself."

"Sure, Bryan. It looks like I'm through here. Give me a little time to change."

Susan and I had told each other our dreams. It all seemed so simple then. She was going to be a star and we'd live in a mansion with fancy cars and know all the rich people. Instead, I enlisted in the service but I always knew we weren't meant for each other. We didn't want the same things in life. I do have to say the sex was good. Of course I was a nineteen year old horny teenager. All sex was good back then. I've since grown up and knew I wanted more than just fucking.

I was looking at all the pictures in the lobby while Susan was getting changed. I don't think she knew that I had seen her standing slightly around the corner watching me looking at the display that included a lot of pictures of her. They showed her with the Nevada Governor, one of the owners of a casino in town, a top wrestler and a real estate developer from California. Each one featured her in a gorgeous outfit.

"As you can see I know some pretty important people." She spoke as she walked up to stand next to me.

I turned at the sound of her voice but didn't remark. When did she begin this life down this trail of thinking only of herself? Did she always have it or did the bright lights and media attention change her?

"I made reservations for us at a private place just off the strip, Bryan. I'll drive since I know the way and you can check out my new car, too."

It was only a short walk to the private parking garage but it was still hot out. I know we probably thought the same things. She probably wondered why I was here. I guess I wondered it myself. I know she was waiting for me to compliment her on her looks, and tell her if I ever missed her or even if I was married now. I know she wasn't used to being ignored.

"There it is, my car. A Porsche 911 Carrera. It flies down the road, Bryan. I bet you haven't been in one of these before, have you? They aren't easy to get and not cheap either." She told me as she ran her hands about six inches above the shiny paint as if she was caressing the curves of the car.

"It's nice, Susan, but it wouldn't haul much around on a farm, would it?" I laughed. "You've done good for yourself, Susan, and you look great." I smiled as we got into the vehicle but didn't say anything more.

We made it to the restaurant in short time and had a decent table waiting. She commented on the area a bit on the drive over, but nothing personal yet. We decided to hold off ordering dinner for a while and just have a drink first.

"Why don't you tell me a little bit about how things have been for you, Susan? I remember you wanted to be a top star and have lots of money and know famous people."

She picked up her drink and just stared at me. "You don't look ten years older than when I last saw you. Maybe a couple, but you filled out good. You have muscles and look strong now. The service agreed with you."

"Thanks," I smiled, "You look pretty good yourself. Vegas agrees with you." I was just trying to carry on a conversation with her but she did look good.

"It's a lot of hard work, Bryan. Hours and hours of practice and rehearsals, classes every day, and there's always a director in your face telling you to work harder. Too often there are days of going without food so you don't gain weight. But, if you want to be at the top, you have to be willing to do anything to get there. Anything at all."

"What about the auditions, Susan? I've heard a few stories about them, but I don't think they're true," I asked as I leaned forward.

Susan ignored my question and finished her drink and raised the empty glass for the server to see.

"That girl is toast. When I talk to the owner tomorrow, and tell him I had to wait for a fresh drink, that girl waiting on us tonight won't have a job again in this town. She obviously has no idea who I am. I know people," replied Susan.

"Susan, calm down, your voice is getting quite loud. I'm not in a hurry, so if it takes a few minutes longer, so what." I was a little embarrassed as I spoke.

Then I heard someone say something to Susan.

"Hey, sweetheart, you're looking more beautiful than ever. Let's get together again and I might be able to cough something up for you later."

I look over and it was some cocky guy that Susan must have known.

She blushed as she heard the sexy voice and his offer and forgot for a moment that I was even there.

"Skip, you flatter me." She lowered her voice and leaned over where she knew he could see her new cleavage. She had said the girls had all recommended the same plastic surgeon and he'd done an awesome job on adding a couple inches to her chest a few months ago.

"Wait till I get my hands on those new babies and you'll hear flattery all night long," Skip leered as he wandered off.

I thought about getting up and knocking him on his ass for being such an arrogant fuck.

I knew Susan could see from the look on my face that I didn't approve of those kind of people. I thought for a few seconds about how her life must have been. How many directors and agents had she slept with after they promised her a part or an audition only to have no one know her name the next day when she called back? All those late nights earning extra credit with instructors only to discover she was just the flavor of the day and it meant nothing.

DG Hear
DG Hear
5,689 Followers