The Best Friend's Girlfriend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SAbitch
SAbitch
406 Followers

"You have some great wines there, Mr Camden," Caylen said and sat on Hayden's lap.

"Call me Grant, please and thank you. I would like to take credit but Hunter is the master of all things alcoholic," he said with a chuckle.

"Wow, dad, you make me sound like an alcoholic. I don't even drink much," she whined in protest and tried to ignore the image of Caylen on Hayden's lap.

"You might not drink much, anymore, but you still know a lot about booze," Hayden laughed.

"We are surrounded by wineries and you tend to make friends and learn some things along the way," Hunter effortlessly pulled the cork from the bottle and poured a bit into a wine glass.

Caylen tasted it and smiled, "that's definitely a good one."

"As you said, Nederburg are the masters of wine in South Africa," she returned the smile and took a long swig of her beer.

Everyone gathered around the table for dinner and ate in companionable chatter. The alcohol flowed freely and Hunter opened the champagne, "a toast, to Hayden and Caylen. When Hayden told me that he finally met the girl I was truly happy for him, so a toast to years and years of happiness for you two!"

Caylen smiled and toasted with everyone else, even though the toast was supposed to make her happy, hearing that Hayden considered her to be 'the girl' she couldn't muster a truly happy smile. He kissed her and she kissed him back, a little harder than necessary but she desperately hoped that she would feel those butterflies with him, pulling away disappointed when she didn't. She looked over to Hunter and saw that she was staring at the blank wall ahead of her. Caylen wondered what was going on in that head.

Grant excused himself and headed to his room, Hunter could see that he was feeling weak and that the colour had drained from his face. Caylen noticed the worried look in her eyes and wanted nothing more but to take away the pain that she might have been feeling at that moment. The three of them continued their party, Hunter drinking more than usual in attempt of forgetting the kiss and the feelings it awakened within her. Not long after, when Hayden kept kissing Caylen, she excused herself and headed to her room, there she lay awake in bed, trying to get the blonde from her thoughts.

Hayden took Caylen in his arms and carried her to their room, he kissed her deeply and when he shut the door his hands roamed all over her body.I wonder if Hunter's hands would feel this rough. Would she also skip all the foreplay and get to the fucking part or would she take her time and work me to the right high before using me to get off?She tried to remain in the moment but her thoughts kept travelling back to the dark haired woman and the soft kiss. Before she knew it, she found herself on her knees and Hayden's large cock in her face, waiting to be sucked off. She closed her eyes and took his large member into her mouth.

**********

Hunter got up early the next morning and headed off into their home gym, she was standing in front of a boxing bag, green 4 ounce gloves covered her hands and she beating the bag with all of her might. Her body was drenched in sweat and her black sports bra and gym shorts clung to her body. Caylen walked down the hall in the direction of the music and stopped in the doorway when she saw the muscled body pounding away at the large bag. She was mesmerised by the movement of the muscles and Hunter's fluent movements.

Caylen stood rooted to the spot and wondered what had caused Hunter to relentlessly beat the bag until her muscles gave way due to fatigue. When Hunter's movements slowed she cautiously walked inside and looked up into troubled blue eyes.

"What did that bag ever do to you?" she asked jokingly.

Hunter smiled sincerely, "it called me fat so I decided to teach it a lesson."

"Remind me to never call you fat," Caylen said in a semi-serious tone.

"Don't worry, if you ever do, I will just come and beat the bag for teaching you to say it," Hunter smiled and wiped the sweat from her body.

Caylen's eyes travelled over the strong body, a six pack was visible and she had a deep v cut in her lower abdomen. Her veins stood out from the sudden flow of blood and her dark skin glowed in the artificial lighting of the room.

"Poor bag," she mumbled and looked at the floor.

"Would you like some coffee?" Hunter asked when she saw the sad look on her friend's face.

"That would be amazing," she felt a pang of disappointment when Hunter pulled a shirt over her head before leading the way to the kitchen.

Hunter busied herself with the coffee machine and took out four cups, "is Hayden still sleeping?"

"Yeah, I think last night was a bit much for him," she smiled.

"At the rate you two were groping each other I am surprised that you're awake," Hunter said and laughed at the endearing site of Caylen's blush, choosing to ignore the pang of jealousy.

"I am so sorry, the alcohol got to us," she said and hung her head low.

"What for? You are both adults in a loving relationship, sex is the fun part of that," Hunter placed two aspirin and a glass of water in front of the blonde.

"Thanks," Caylen mumbled and once again felt embarrassed, because throughout their entire love making session all she thought about was Hunter.

"Hey, stop being embarrassed, sex is natural and this is like Hayden's second home so it is yours as well and you should feel comfortable enough to express yourselves," Hunter said reassuringly.

"It's not that, it's just that I couldn't stop..." Caylen was cut short by Hayden's appearance.

"Morning ladies," he mumbled through a yawn and kissed Caylen.

"Mornin'" Hunter said and poured the coffee.

They started talking and Grant soon joined them for breakfast when Hayden's phone rang. He excused himself and the remaining three chattered away, Grant noticed the look of longing that Caylen gave his daughter and wondered where this was headed.

"That was work, apparently they moved the hearing up to Monday so I am going to have leave to catch a flight to Johannesburg and prep the client," he said with an apologetic smile.

"That sucks," Hunter said and realized she was more disappointed about Caylen leaving than not spending the weekend with her best friend.

"I was looking forward to this weekend, can't you postpone until Sunday?" Caylen asked angrily.

"Hey, you can stay. Hunter can just take you into the city tomorrow when you want to head home and then I will see you on Friday," Hayden looked at Hunter hopefully and she nodded.

"Fine, but I wanted to spend it with you," Caylen said and followed Hayden to help him pack and say goodbye.

**********

After Hayden left things were awkward between Caylen and Hunter for a while, but they soon got over it as Hunter showed Caylen the inner workings of the farm. The drove to the orange tree grove and started walking between the trees, Hunter gave a few commands to the workers as they walked and Caylen loved seeing the men and women pick the oranges. She inhaled deeply, the sweet smell of citrus and earth filled her nostrils and she soon realized that it was a smell she would forever associate with Hunter.

"It's beautiful here," Caylen said softly.

"This is my piece of heaven, I grew up between these trees and watched the workers pick the fruit. It was something I knew I wanted to learn and the place I knew I wanted to spend my life at," Hunter said with a smile and Caylen noticed her blue eyes grow lighter as she bathed in the peacefulness of this land.

"I can see why you'd want this. The big city rushes so much that we all forget to stop and look at what Mother Nature has given us," Caylen tried to look away from Hunter, but her eyes wouldn't obey the simple command.

"I tried my hand at big city living and I couldn't cope with it. I will be a farm girl for the rest of my life," they reached the Jeep again and Hunter held the door open for Caylen to get in.

Once Hunter was inside, Caylen looked over at her and spoke, "I am sorry about last night."

"Some things are better left forgotten, so don't worry about it. It won't affect our friendship," Hunter said and wished that she had met Caylen first.

"You're right," there was more she wanted from Hunter, she didn't know what she was expecting but a suggestion to completely ignore what had happened and the chemistry between them was not it.

"So, let's grab lunch and then we still have dinner at the winery tonight. If you want to have a nap this afternoon feel free to do so, the night might get quite long," Hunter drove along the winding dirt roads and glanced at the blonde who was sitting there pensively.

"A nap sounds good," she managed a half smile.

Why is it so difficult to just be in her company without wanting more? She clearly thinks this was a mistake, so I just forget it and move on. But, why haven't I asked myself the biggest question of all yet? Why am I attracted to another woman? Okay, if I am honest, I have always admired other women's beauty, but I have never had the urge to reach out and touch them, let alone kiss them! What the fuck is wrong with me?

They reached the house and Caylen wordlessly got out of the car, she looked at the tall woman and felt her heart ache with need. She had to get over this crush and soon, because otherwise she will jeopardize a perfectly good friendship and relationship. Hunter entered the kitchen and saw her father sitting at the table, he was pale and looked exhausted.

"Dad, are you okay?" Hunter asked crouched down before him.

"I am fine, lil one. Just worked a little too hard, is all," he reassured her quickly but knew that his heart was giving in and fast too.

"Let me take you to the doctor, please?" Hunter pleaded.

"There is nothing wrong, I just need a nap and then I will be good as new," he smiled and got up from the table.

"Goddammit, why does he have to be so stubborn?" Hunter asked no one in particular.

"Let him rest, if he doesn't look better afterward then we can take him to the hospital," Caylen said and rest her hand on Hunter's arm.

"Yeah, I guess," Hunter replied and stood there a little longer, basking in the feel of the soft hand on her arm.

"Let me make lunch," Caylen said and moved away, her need to kiss Hunter again becoming unbearable, "what do you want?"

"Uh, just a sandwich would be fine. Whatever you want to put on there," Hunter said and excused herself to go wash her hands.

You are in so much shit here, Hunter! How can you allow your heart to rule your head like this? Why did she have to be the one girl that makes you feel this way? Goddammit, why did Hayden have to get her?

When she returned Caylen already had the sandwiches plated up and was pouring them each large glasses of fresh juice. They chatted away as they ate, both avoiding the topic of their kiss and how badly they wanted it to happen again. Caylen was Hayden's girl and Hunter wasn't going to mess with the friendship she had cherished for a long time already. They finished eating and quickly cleaned up after themselves, Caylen disappeared to the spare room to take her nap and Hunter went back to the groves to do the work her father was having trouble with.

**********

The night came quickly and Hunter was sitting on the porch waiting for Caylen to come out of her room. They were headed to one of the nearby wineries for dinner and Hunter dressed smart-casual in her dark jeans and purple dress shirt. She found herself imagining what would have happened if this was a date and Hunter had the chance to truly sweep Caylen off her feet. Before she got too caught up in the fantasy she quickly shook the thoughts away and told herself that she was just spending the night with a friend. This little speech worked until Caylen stepped from the house and Hunter's jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

She was dressed smartly in a black cocktail dress that came inches above her knees and showed off her lean legs. The dress was strapless and showed of Caylen's large breasts, black high heeled pumps completed her look. Her blonde hair was wavy and fell around her face, framing it beautifully, Hunter had to mentally slap herself to keep from staring.

"Wow," was all Hunter managed to mumble, her vocabulary suddenly lost.

"Thanks, you look good yourself," Caylen said with a blush.

"Uh... Thanks. You really look, wow, just wow," Hunter said and blushed at her lack of ability to form proper words.

Caylen kissed Hunter's cheek as a thank you and accepted the proffered arm. For the first time in a long time she felt wanted and cherished, like she was the most beautiful woman in the world. She slipped into the passenger seat of the Audi S4 and smiled at the chivalrous behaviour that Hunter always showed.

The drive to the farm was quick and the two women chattered away, barely leaving a moment of silence between the two on the drive. They were finally comfortable in each other's company again and the night seemed promising. Once inside the venue Hunter made sure to stay by Caylen's side and introduce her to everyone they came across. A young brunette approached Caylen and looked her over with a sly smile.

"So, you must be Hunter's date. Let me guess, just a friend because you are probably dating Hayden right? Yeah I kind of figured, Hunter can't keep a girl because she is too obsessed with that farm and her own self gain," the brunette sniped.

Caylen looked at her in shock, "actually Hunter and I have been dating for a month now. I have never been this happy in my life, she is such an amazing person and she knows exactly how to make me smile."

"Wait, you are dating Hunter Camden? You must be a real idiot just wait until she starts with her little drug habit again and becomes abusive," she retorted easily and tried to get a reaction from Caylen, but the blonde's face remained impassive.

"She won't ever be abusive toward me, because she knows that what we share is more important than some temporary high. I am sorry to hear that you couldn't keep someone as intelligent as her interested," Caylen smiled and walked off toward Hunter, wondering what the brunette was talking about.

"What did Nicky have to say?" Hunter asked when Caylen reached her.

"Apparently you have a drug habit and become abusive," Caylen responded easily and hooked her arm around Hunter's waist, "oh, I told her we were dating."

Hunter laughed and looked down at Caylen, her eyes betraying a deep sadness, "that probably pissed her off."

Caylen started leading them outside before she spoke, "so do you have a drug habit?"

"When I met her I did, yes. But I never abused her in any way, she was the one who introduced me to drugs and when Hayden came to my rescue and sent me to rehab she started spreading those rumours to try and clear her name. I have never been able to find a girl whom she hasn't convinced about my drug habit and abusive streak, so I stopped dating entirely," Hunter shrugged.

"Well, I didn't believe her for one second. You are too good for someone like her anyway," Caylen hugged Hunter briefly and smiled into the blue eyes.

"Thanks, but yeah, I owe Hayden my life and I would never do anything to hurt him," Hunter said when the touch became too comfortable for her.

"I understand," Caylen smiled.

So it is purely out of guilt that she pushes it all away,Caylen thought and smiled at finally understanding the complex friendship between her boyfriend and Hunter.

The rest of the night passed quickly, they danced and shared stories with some people from neighbouring farms. By the time the party ended Caylen was quite buzzed and feeling braver than she had all day. The drive went by in silence and when they walked into the house Hunter quickly said goodnight and disappeared to her room. Caylen was too tempting and Hunter was afraid that she wouldn't be able to resist the small blonde.

Caylen stared after the retreating figure, wondering why she had walked away so suddenly and trying to deal with the urge that she had to kiss the tall woman again. She slowly walked into her room and a sense of dread suddenly filled her at the thought of leaving the following day.

**********

Caylen found Hunter in the kitchen the following day chatting away with her father who still didn't look too well. She greeted the pair and took a seat at the table where coffee was served.

"Did you enjoy last night?" Grant asked the bleary eyed blonde.

"It was amazing and the food was great," Caylen smiled and felt her head pound with the effort.

Hunter placed aspirin and water in front of her and smiled at the obvious hangover, "that should help."

"Don't laugh at me, the wine was free and really good," the blonde scowled.

"Apparently so is the headache," Hunter said with a chuckle.

"Don't mind my daughter, I have nursed more than enough of her hangovers," Grant smiled and squeezed her arm.

"Where did she learn to dance that way?" Caylen asked after swallowing the tablets.

"I can take credit for that," Grant said with pride in his voice, "we taught her at a really young age already."

"She is a great dancer, so I will definitely give you credit for that," she smiled and sipped her coffee.

"What about credit to me for being such a great learner?" Hunter asked and scowled at the pair sitting by the table.

"You have the advantage of being able to dance," Grant smiled.

"Don't be such an attention hog," Caylen mocked along.

"No, it's fine, don't appreciate the breakfast I cook for you or my amazing dancing skills. You can keep it," Hunter said and placed the plates in front of the pair, doing her best imitation of sad puppy eyes.

"Aww, just look at the face! That is too adorable," Caylen smiled at the expression and wished she could kiss the pouty lips.

Grant and Caylen kept mocking Hunter throughout breakfast and the threesome spent a long time at the table simply talking about everything. They laughed at the funny stories each person told and Grant couldn't help but notice the way Caylen looked at his daughter, for a moment he wondered if either women knew that they had both fallen in love. He watched the interplay and wished that he could have lived long enough to see whether they would finally give in to what their hearts desired, but his time was up and the only wish he made while sitting there was that Hunter would finally find happiness.Caylen will carry her through this, I just know she will.

"We should probably hit the road," Hunter finally said after avoiding the topic of Caylen's return the entire morning.

"I guess so," Caylen's face fell.

She hugged and kissed Grant goodbye, "don't let my daughter live without the love she deserves. I know how loyal she is, but you're heart isn't with Hayden and hers is already with you. I don't think she realized that she had given it away so freely."

That was Grant's final message to the blonde before she strapped in for the road home. The words replayed in her mind over and over again and her response was simply, "I won't."

***********

He watched the Jeep disappear around the bend and walked into the house. When he reached his room he removed the photo album and paged through all the memories he shared with his daughter and wondered where his ex-wife was. It was something they never spoke about and even though her presence was missed they had gotten by just fine without her.

The pain in his chest increased and he felt his heart rate pick up before it started beating irregularly and he collapsed onto the floor. He moaned in pain and saw all of the images flash before his eyes like a movie playing out its final scene. Within minutes he felt and heard no more, his limp body lying on the floor and he whispered his final words to the universe, "please protect Hunter."

SAbitch
SAbitch
406 Followers