The Best Friend's Girlfriend

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SAbitch
SAbitch
406 Followers

**********

Hunter pulled up to Caylen's small apartment and wondered how she would say goodbye hen all she wanted was to keep the woman close. She helped the blonde carry her bags upstairs and soon after they found themselves awkwardly standing at the door.

"Thanks for everything, the weekend was amazing," Caylen smiled sadly when it finally hit her that it had come to an end.

"Thanks for being there," Hunter moved in to hug her and felt the smaller woman hold on.

When the hug finally broke Caylen looked into Hunter's eyes and whispered her next words, "Can I kiss you?"

Hunter's body went rigid but didn't resist when she was pulled down and the soft lips sought out her own. The kiss was soft, a promise of what could be and a farewell for if it didn't happen. When they finally pulled apart Hunter stared into the sad green eyes and found hope that things would work out the way they were supposed to. Caylen decided right there that she would do whatever it took to be the one who could kiss Hunter goodnight.

Their hearts ached when Hunter walked away and the growing distance only increased the pain. Hunter drove as fast as she could, knowing that the more distance she put between them the less the chances were that she would turn around. If only she knew the pain that lay ahead of her when she was to open the door to her home that night.

The Jeep came to a halt in front of the large house and Hunter saw Rusty and Titus desperately trying to get into the house.

"Stop that!" she shouted and opened the door, only to be pushed aside by the large animals that sprinted down the hall.

A feeling of dread overcame her and she quickly followed the four legged creatures. Her father's body was pale and she ran to his side, shouting as she did. She immediately started CPR and dialled an ambulance with shaky fingers. There was no one around to help and her desperate pleas for help was drowned out of the solidarity of their home. Tears ran down her cheeks and she didn't cease her actions until an ambulance arrived an hour later. She barely heard the paramedic announce her father deceased and her vision blurred around the white sheet that covered his limp body when they wheeled him out of the house. Another paramedic took her phone when it kept ringing and Hunter was too dazed to answer. The next thing she knew she was lying in a hospital bed and Hayden and Caylen stood beside the bed, their eyes brimming with unshed tears.

**********

The week passed quickly and Hunter was left in a daze, Hayden took off from work and he and Caylen stayed with Hunter. Blurry, blue eyes stared at the large stone church, the rain pounding down on her head and body. She barely noticed the rain or the cold, she was numb. Caylen gently took her arm and led the wet woman inside where she and Hayden took seats on either side of her. She stared ahead of her, not hearing anything that the preacher said or the condolences that so many people offered her.

Her normally sparkling eyes were dull and her face was pale and sunken. She had no more tears to cry and simply nodded when the preacher presented her father's ashes to her. Caylen looked at the broken woman and heard Grant's words echo through her mind again. She could heal Hunter, she knew she could but she was so torn. What she had with Hayden was good and he presented a future, but Hunter made her feel in a way she had never before. She stood next to the dazed woman and saw an older version of Hunter approach them, suddenly her heart sank when she saw Hayden hurry to Hunter's side.

"Hunter?" the woman whispered.

Unfocused blue eyes looked at the face and the last colour she had paled.

"Mrs Camden, this is not a good time, please leave," Hayden whispered harshly.

"You cannot tell me to leave my daughter's side through this tragic time," Nora whispered back stubbornly.

"Daughter?" Hunter rose from her seat, cold blue eyes looking at the woman in front of her.

"You deserted us! Left in the middle of the night and was never heard from again! Now you dare stand here at my father's funeral and call me your daughter?!" Hunter seethed loudly.

"You were too young to understand..." she was cut off before she could finish.

"Too young? Get the fuck out here! The only reason you are here is because you want his fucking money! You never gave a shit about us and you dare stand here right now and tell me I don't understand? FUCK OFF!!!" Hunter shouted and the older woman stepped back.

Hayden stepped in and took the woman's arm, leading her out of the church and away from the curious onlookers.

"What the fuck are you looking at?" Hunter asked before storming away and a shocked Caylen ran after her.

"Let me take you home," Caylen said softly and led Hunter to the car.

The drive to the farm was quiet and Caylen felt like someone had ripped her heart out when she saw the pain in Hunter's eyes. Once they reached the house Caylen led her to her room and helped the woman out of her clothes and laid her between the sheets in her underwear.

"Please stay," a broken voice whispered.

Without hesitation Caylen stripped and held the sobbing woman in her arms, trying desperately to soothe her. Hayden had texted her and said that he had to go into the office and Caylen felt a cold fury at the man who would desert his best friend in her greatest time of need. She felt the rigid body relax and the breathing evening out, her arms remained locked around the dark woman.

She is completely broken and all I can think about is breaking up with Hayden and telling her that I want to be with her. There is no way she will accept that now, she doesn't believe that she deserves to be happy.

Caylen's eyes closed and within minutes she joined the tall woman in sleep.

**********

Hayden's life had gone on, days after the funeral he was going on business trips again and Caylen temporarily moved into the farm house to help Hunter out. Her smile had returned, even if it was only seen rarely and life on the farm was slowly but surely returning to normal. Then the phone call came, a lawyer phoned to inform Hunter that her mother was going to fight the will and for what she claimed was her fair share.

"She what?" Hunter shouted in the phone.

"She is fighting the will and claims that 50% of everything belongs to her as your father's legal wife," the lawyer responded dejectedly.

"There is absolutely no fucking way that I will let her have a cent of what my father worked so hard to build! She abandoned us and now she wants to come back when there's money involved!" Caylen saw the tall body trembling in barely controlled rage.

"I am sorry Miss Camden, I am simply phoning to give you the news," he said back.

"Tell your boss to prepare for a bitter fucking fight! Because they will not receive a cent while I am still alive!" she slammed the phone down and paced around the living room.

Caylen walked up to the angry woman and wrapped her arms around the tension filled body. At first Hunter stood locked in place, her body not relaxing one bit, "I am here for you, Butch. Whatever you need."

Those soft words crumbled Hunter's defence and her body went slack. Caylen held on as Hunter slipped to the floor and soothed the crying woman as best she could. She ran her fingers through the soft ebony strands and whispered soothing words in her ear. Caylen took Hunter's chin and turned her face to her own, looking deeply into the sad blue eyes.

"She won't win and I will be here every step of the way to make sure that doesn't happen."

Hunter stared into the green eyes, seeing nothing but undying support and friendship there. Without thought she brought her lips to the pink ones in front of her, the lips she had dreamed about ever since that first kiss. The first touch was tentative but Caylen cupped her face and brought their lips together for closer contact. She tasted the salty tears and the sweet lips, her tongue begging for entrance into the silky warmth of Hunter's mouth. The tall woman's hands pulled Caylen into her lap when she sat back and let them travel up her back. Her hands wondered from the warm back to her hips, pulling her tighter against herself as she deepened the kiss and their tongues duelled.

Caylen melted into the warmth of the strong arms around her and the soft lips against her own. She raked her teeth over Hunter's bottom lip and dropped her hands to Hunter's sides. Her thumbs caressed the swells of Hunter's breasts and her hands tentatively moved over the smallish breasts and cupped them. Hunter tugged at her shirt and she willingly lifted her arms to allow the shirt to be removed before she pulled Hunter's over her head.

Hunter leaned Caylen back and crouched over the small body, her blue eyes searching the green ones for any sign that she should stop. When she found none she tasted the pink lips again and her hand immediately started fumbling with the button of Caylen's jeans. Clothes were thrown around the room in a desperate need to feel their flesh meet and when they were naked Hunter took a puffy nipple between her lips and suckled.

Caylen arched her back at the pleasurable sensations, her hands locked behind Hunter's head to keep her in place. She felt a strong thigh press against her wetness and let out a deep moan when it made contact with her swollen mons. Her hips started pumping against Hunter's legs and Hunter felt the wet warmth spread across her thigh. She took the neglected nipple into her mouth and raked her teeth across it, hearing another moan escape the parted lips.

Caylen rocked harder and faster against the strong leg, her orgasm building fast as she felt the sensations of floating on a cloud and the warmth spread throughout her entire body. Her peak was right there and Hunter sensed this pressing her thigh harder against the wet, swollen flesh. Caylen felt her body start to shake and increased her efforts until she felt the fuse burn and explode within her. She let out a desperate scream and her nails dug into Hunter's back while her own arched from the floor and her eyes rolled back in her head. Hunter stared in amazement at the beauty of Caylen when she was in the throes of passion. Caylen limply collapsed back onto the floor and gasped for breath when she felt Hunter's soft lips kiss down her abdomen.

She shivered when she felt the wet tongue on her shaven mound and felt her excitement building rapidly. Caylen thought she had died and gone to heaven when she felt the warm tongue connect with labia and the teeth rake over the swollen flesh. Hunter savoured the taste of Caylen, it was the first time since her father passed that she felt something and it spread through her like the sun warming a cold winter's day.

The pungent taste filled her senses and she pushed her tongue into the velvety depths to get more of the sweet nectar.

"Sweet Jesus! Right there," Caylen panted and frantically searched for something to hold onto.

Her moans became louder when Hunter pumped her tongue in and out of the velvety depths and alternating it with long swipes between the wet lips. Without warning Hunter's lips closed around the clit and sucked, two fingers found her hole and slowly slid inside.

"Oh fuck! That feels so good," Caylen moaned loudly.

The fingers started pumping and Caylen rocked her hips into Hunter's face, her orgasm building rapidly. Suddenly she was tumbling over the edge, screaming Hunter's name while her fingers dug into the carpet. When she started coming down she saw smiling blue eyes looking down at her, she took the beautiful face between her palms and kissed the glistening mouth. She tasted herself and decided that the taste of her own juices on Hunter's mouth was like drinking water after spending days in the dessert.

"That was amazing," Caylen mumbled and tried to get as close to the warm body as possible.

"You are so beautiful," Hunter whispered and ran her hands through the sweaty golden locks.

"So are you," Caylen was in heaven and her heart felt light for the first time in her life.

She cuddled up to Hunter's side and they soon fell asleep. The first dreamless sleep Hunter had since the first time Caylen crawled into bed with her. When she awoke a few hours later, however, she felt the guilt set in of what she had just done.

**********

Hunter untangled herself from the limbs that were flung across her body and retrieved a blanket from the nearby closet. She looked at the beautiful body sprawled on the floor and wished that things were different and she could be the one who fell asleep next to Caylen every day. But unfortunately life was the way it was and Hayden was the closest thing to family she had left.

The guilt set in and she realized that she had just betrayed him on the deepest possible level. She pulled her clothes on and walked to the kitchen where she boiled the kettle for a cup of coffee she desperately needed. Caylen wrapped her arms around the muscled body and held on tightly.

"Hey," she mumbled and smiled into the broad back.

"Uh, hi," Hunter whispered.

After hearing the hurt in her voice Caylen turned Hunter around to face her, "what's wrong?"

"I just betrayed the closest person I have to family," Hunter said on the verge of tears.

"No, Hunter! I am in love with you and I have been falling in love with you since the day I met you. Hayden doesn't make me feel what you do, no one does," Caylen's voice broke and she started sobbing.

"No, Caylen, you don't love me. You pity me, there is a difference. Hayden is like a brother to me and I just betrayed him," Hunter wanted to scoop the crying woman into her arms but knew that if she did her resolve would break.

"I don't pity you! Not one fucking bit, because what happened to you happens to everyone, it is called life!" Caylen shouted.

"I am sorry, Caylen, but I can't. Hayden loves you," her voice was barely whisper.

"Fuck you Hunter!" Caylen stormed from the kitchen and started throwing her belonging into her bag.

Hunter stood there and felt her heart break worse than she ever imagined possible. Caylen stood by the door with her bag minutes later and Hunter was standing exactly where she had left her.

"You know what your father told me that Sunday before I left? He said that I should make sure that you didn't live without the love that you deserve. He said that he could see that my heart isn't with Hayden and that he could see that you had already given yours to me but you don't realize that!"

"WHAT? He said that to you before he died and you didn't even think to mention it to me? I could have saved him if I knew he was talking like that!" Hunter shouted across the kitchen and Rusty and Titus ran inside, standing next to Caylen.

"You couldn't have, Hunter! He wanted to die and he asked me to make sure that you find happiness!"

"You don't know a fucking thing about me or my father! I could have saved him if it weren't for you!" Hunter shouted and heard the dogs growl when she stepped forward.

"That is so fucking typical of you! You take the blame for everything and you have always believed that you don't deserve love or happiness! If you want to die alone, then be my fucking guest!" Caylen stormed out of the house and slammed the door shut.

Seconds later Hunter heard the car speed down the driveway and she was left in an empty house, alone with her thoughts. She didn't sleep that night, her thoughts kept returning to the fight she and Caylen just had and she ended up spending the night in the gym, desperately trying to forget the hurtful words.

**********

Hunter drove to Hayden's office the next day to ask him if he would represent her in the upcoming trial. She could barely focus on anything he said and she realized that he never once mentioned Caylen or the fight that she and Hunter had.

"Caylen said that she will come around with me tomorrow and we can try and find the divorce papers your father filed and any other papers that might prove that she had left," Hayden said with a smile.

"She wants to help?" Hunter asked, shocked.

"Of course she does. You became a good friend to her, Butch and she said that she would do anything to help."

Hunter couldn't believe it, "okay."

"And I still wanted to tell you, I am planning on proposing!" Hayden beamed and Hunter felt the last piece of her heart break.

"Wow, that's uh great news," she said as enthusiastically as she could.

"I know you're still in a lot of pain, but it will get better and it won't be a good thing to be the best woman at your best friend's wedding."

Hunter's mouth kept opening and closing but no sound came out, so she simply nodded and admitted defeat.

"Great, now let's get this trial out of the way and then we can start a new chapter," Hayden smiled and hugged Hunter.

Caylen did come around as promised but the air between the two women was icy. They searched her father's study and a week later had all the papers they would need to prove that Nora did not deserve a cent of the Camden money. Hunter came across photos that her father had, had taken and it showed that her mother was having an affair. She guessed that her father confronted her mother and instead of facing the consequences she ran. Suddenly Hunter saw herself in her mother and the thought made her sick. She was running away too, only she was doing it differently.

Hunter didn't want to face the consequences of loving another person who could leave her so she ran and hid behind her loyalty. She was running from her love of Caylen and she realized that it didn't matter how hard she ran, those feelings caught up every time she looked at the beautiful blonde.

It was the day after the first court hearing and Hunter was sitting in the kitchen with Caylen, nursing a cold beer, "Hayden proposed."

"Yeah, I know," Hunter refused to meet Caylen's eyes.

"I said yes," she hoped that this would be the moment that Hunter would jump up and declare her love.

"I know that too," was the only answer she got, "congratulations."

"Thanks. Look, I am sorry for what I said. I should have told you even though I still know that you couldn't have changed what happened," Caylen whispered and was relieved when Hunter finally looked at her.

"Yeah, I know. It's just easier to believe that if I knew I could have done something than think that I was happy while he died. I was kissing you while he probably clutched his heart and screamed for help," tears sprung to Hunter's eyes.

"Hey, just always remember that he wanted you to be happy. That was his reason for living, Butch. Even now, his only wish is to see you happy and he obviously believed that I would be the one to make you happy, but it is clear that you don't want it to be me and I have accepted that."

If only you knew how much I wished that was possible,"let's just forget about it."

"Whatever works for you," Caylen said dejectedly and realized that she would never again experience the true happiness she felt in those blissful hours on the carpet.

**********

Hunter knocked on Hayden's office door and opened without waiting for a response. Immediately she wished that she had remained waiting when she felt the anger of the scene build up within her. Hayden was fucking his secretary from behind over his desk and it took everything in Hunter's power to not storm in and rip him apart.

"What the fuck?" she shouted to him.

"Butch, hey. It's not what it looks like," he said and scrambled to pull his pants up while the secretary ran from the office.

"You are an absolute dick! How can you do this Caylen?" Hunter shut the door and advanced on her friend.

"What she doesn't know, doesn't hurt her," he said and backed up.

"You are an asshole, Hayden and you don't deserve her! I hope your dick rots off!" she turned around and headed for the door.

SAbitch
SAbitch
406 Followers