The Black Seas Ch. 13

Story Info
Demons and pirates on the high seas.
1.1k words
7.3k
00

Part 11 of the 22 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 10/03/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Guanaja, 1705

Onhis way to Guanaja, Jack stopped at every port along the way announcing to everyone that would take the time to listen about his greater fortune. Along the way he received news of Blackbeard's interest and his looking for Jack.

Jack insured he visited every port leaving breadcrumbs for Blackbeard to follow. When Jack finally reached the small tropical island, he found Blackbeard wasn't far behind. As he landed his skiff onto the shore he looked back to the horizon to see Blackbeard's ship cresting it.

"Come on ye old sea dog," he muttered to himself. "Come get what's coming to ye." He grabbed a small pack containing digging tools and a weathered looking map of the small island and headed from the jungle.

The jungle air was fierce but manageable. The directions on the map were fairly easy to follow and he made pretty good timing before signs of Blackbeard's landing on the island could be noticed.

Jack noticed a plume of black smoke rose into the sky and the roars of cheers from what he assumed were Blackbeard's crew. The black smoke he attributed to his skiff being burned. If they didn't plan to kill him, they were going to leave him marooned. Neither of the two options did he care for.

He picked up his pace hoping to reach the destination of the treasure and gain some upper hand before the demon pirate and his band caught up with him.

In no time he stood before a massive waterfall. His map indicated a secret cave hidden behind the fallen water. In the cave a small box was supposed to be buried containing the sought out treasure.

It was here he decided to wait and pretend to ponder what the map was showing. He didn't have a long wait long.

Drop the map me hearty and surrender yerself.A loud stern voice called out.

Jack spun putting on the best surprised look he could muster onto his face and drew his sword. Blackbeard stood atop a large rock, surrounded by twenty of his crew. At best Jack knew he could take out five or six, not including the demon captain himself, before the crew would overtake him. But fighting his way out of the situation wasn't the plan.

Blackbeard had a smile on his face and he stood calmly looking down at him. The rest of the crew murmured amongst themselves and moved around with anticipation of a fight.

Jack not wanting to push his luck dropped his sword and shrugged. He threw the captain a look of apology and Blackbeard raised a hand calming his men.

As I said Master Jack.Blackbeard said with a snarl.Drop the map.

"So ye plan to waltz up onto me island and steal me map is it?" Jack questioned defiantly.

Hand it over and we only marooned ye on yer island.Blackbeard retorted.

"How do ye know I haven't already found the treasure and hid it away knowing that ye would be here to take it from me?"

Blackbeard's face contorted in anger. Jack didn't know if it was because he continued to disobey the pirate and question the demon captain or because he may have truly hidden the treasure.

Blackbeard was quick to compose himself.We have ways of making one talk and give up knowledge of such things.He said with a wicked smile.

Jack realizing his game was going to end sooner than he wanted simply shrugged and dropped the map. He slowly backed up and Blackbeard signaled one of his goons to recover it.

Ye have a made a good choice Calico Jack. The captain said with an evil, toothy grin.

"I thought I had," Jack remarked with a smile. "But I wonder what ye will do with the key."

And ye will never know. The demon said grinning.Now I suggest ye make yerself scarce before I change me mind and opt to kill ye meself.

Blackbeard grabbed the map and looked it over then told a couple of his men to go and dig up the box. Blackbeard lowered the map just enough to peer over it to see Jack standing with his hands behind his back and looking up at him with a large smile.

That's it.Blackbeard said then pointed.Gut that scurvy landlubber where he stands.

"Ye need to know where ye can find the chest containing theShedu Medallion," Jack said sounding informing.

Hold yerselves steady!Blackbeard said raising a hand to stop his men. His eyes closed to slits as he laid them upon Jack.What do ye know of it?

"Only its location," he replied smartly.

I suppose ye hope to use that information for some purpose.Blackbeard said knowingly while stroking his long, black beard, that of which he was famous for.What's keeping me from killing ye once I got the information I need?

"I'm smarter than that," Jack said assuredly. "I'll give ye what information ye need when I deem it necessary."

"Captain!" one of Blackbeard's sent crew yelled interrupting.

Blackbeard glared at the crew member; his look telling the man to speak.

"We have found the treasure, Captain."

Blackbeard looked back to Jack and said.First let's see how real this treasure of yers be.

The crew sent in after the treasure came out with a small wood box. It didn't have any design on it, but was just plain with spots of dirt all over it. They ran over to their captain and huddled around and handed him the box.

Blackbeard didn't waste any time with opening the box. In fact he just threw the box to the ground where it split into several pieces. The men of the crew laughed at the spectacle. The infamous black bearded pirate captain reached down and picked up a chain with a key attached to it. With an evil grin he held it up for all the crew to see it.

This me hearties is the key to the ultimate treasure.

The men cheered as Blackbeard look back to regard Jack. He stood waiting patiently with his hands clasped behind his back holding a small dagger he had purchased from the old historian in Great Inagua. A dagger wouldn't ordinarily be much of a threat to an Ifritor any other demon really, but this dagger in particular would. The weapon was forged from a strange and rare ore calledMythriland very toxic to demons.

Jack would use the dagger if need be and attempt an escape. Of course the thought of being marooned didn't appeal to him, but if it couldn't be avoided...

"Do we have an accord?" he asked the demon captain.

Blackbeard stared him down without a word for a few brief moments before saying,Aye. But the first chance ye take to double cross me will be yer last boy.

"Then we set sail toward the Mistiko Cays," Calico Jack said as he slipped the dagger back into his belt.

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

The Brethren The tale of Davy Jonesin Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Retribution Part 2 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Alexandros: Ch. 00-01 The tale of a banished Spartan warrior.in Novels and Novellas
Accession: CATU Book 5 Ch. 00 Confusion.in Novels and Novellas
Orders & Servitude Part 3 of the assassin Tsyr Ker's tale.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
More Stories