The Cabin Retreat

Story Info
Melissa earns a well deserved vacation and learns...
12k words
4.6
23.4k
17
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She woke up to the smell of coffee brewing, sausage frying, and shafts of golden sunlight streaming in bars across the bed. She couldn't remember how she got here. She was lying on an immense king size bed with a huge carved oak headboard. The comforter was a beautiful hand quilted design in muted reds, blues, and cream. When she sat up, she realized she was devoid of any clothing.

Still not yet recalling the series of events that led her here to this bedroom, she slid out of bed, pulling the cream coloured sheets with her. Wrapping her self in the warmth of the satin sheets she moved towards the bathroom, at least what she thought was the bathroom. Instead she came to a railing that overlooked the main floor of a rustic, yet fully furnished log cabin. She could see an awe inspiring vision of mountains, clouds, trees and a mirror smooth lake. Where she was, and what had happened to her crashed back into the forefront of her memory, the sensations overwhelming her, causing her to drop to her seat on the floor, reliving each sensuous moment.

Three weeks ago, Melissa had been in her downtown office furiously redrafting her latest column. She had gotten a new source on the congressman's finances just this morning, and after frantically tracking down the details had the scoop to finish off the rotten scoundrel for good.

Her editor had been leery of going after the politician because of the political machine in the city. Yet as Melissa had uncovered each layer of graft, swindle, and lies to the voting public, he had become more and more convinced of the story, only Melissa had to have incontrovertible fact before they would print anything. The editor didn't want the newspaper sued for libel, and wanted to protect young Melissa from ruining her career.

Minutes before the deadline, Melissa emailed a copy of her article to her editor, and sent a copy down to the presses. Slowly the stress of the frantic effort of the last two months was beginning to bleed off. The fact that she had finally caught the deviant at his own game was sinking in, and a sense of euphoria settled into her soul.

Melissa was one of the newest members to the reporting staff. Of medium height, auburn-brown hair that hung below her shoulders, a pair of legs shapely enough to cause men to break out in a sweat, and an ability to make people feel that what they told her was the most important secrets in the world made Melissa an overnight wonder in the newsroom. She ferreted out facts and secrets that most of the oldsters had given up on and unrecoverable.

The editor had taken to her quickly. Very much Lou Grant, to young Mary. While the most desirable single female in the entire paper, Melissa was devoutly single. She enjoyed men, and hoped to find the right one, but he hadn't shown up yet. Not that all the men in the paper hadn't tried.

Melissa was very focused on her work. She enjoyed the investigations. She knew how men and women alike responded to her. While she felt that her looks were adequate, she was very comfortable with her body. It was easy to tell that men desired her. If she wanted, she could have a bed partner anytime she wanted. But now wasn't the time.

Melissa's editor burst into her office the following morning with a shit-eating grin on her face. Melissa had quietly slipped out of the building yesterday and went home to celebrate on her own.

"My dear, you are the best!" Grabbing her in his infamous bear hug he swung her around the office. Finally setting her down, he kissed her soundly, and noisily on the lips, danced a jig, winked and with a knowing smile bounded back out the door.

Melissa sat down in a daze. She had done what she had set out to do. The paper had made her article the top story. The morning news had followed up on her story and were hounding the congressman to death. But the credit was all hers. And now it was all done. All the work, the effort, the hours scrounging up details, the tedious minutes listening to countless assistants bemoan the long hours and short pay to get to the information she needed. The constant worry that someone would squeal her investigation to the congressman, and him sending the goon squad after her. It was all over now.

The DA called and asked for copies of some of her notes so he could begin his investigation. Melissa was more then happy to comply, she had the box all ready and sent a messenger from the paper over with it.

Now what to do. The labours of the last months had seriously sapped at her stamina. Long hours, little sleep, and awful eating habits had depleted her stores of energy. While not an exercise freak, Melissa did enjoy hiking, climbing, and cycling and had maintained her body rather well, until she went after the congressman. Then the time just wasn't there.

Melissa's editor found her slumped in her chair after she missed the morning editorial roundup. Her color was off, her pulse week, and breath very shallow. Calling 911 he rushed her off to the hospital.

That evening the doctor broke the news. "Melissa you have run yourself too hard. Your body is screaming for rest. I can't allow you to go back to work. You need to go someplace quiet and just rest for a month. Then you come back in for a checkup and we'll see how you are then. But I mean rest, now work, no writing for the paper, no chasing down leads, no nothing. Just eat, sleep, soak up some sun, and some mild exercise." Nodding to her editor, the doctor left Melissa and him alone.

"Well dear, you gave us all a scare. Can't have our best reporter working herself to death now, can we." He smiled. Like the uncle she never had, he kissed her forehead. "I've got an idea of a project for you. Yes, I know the doc said no work, but I know you, you need a project to work on. When you get home, I'll come over and give you the details."

Later that week, he gave her the scoop. Paul Nielson was a political columnist that had retired two years ago. He had disappeared. The paper wanted to get him back on the staff. There had been some anonymous columns that had been emailed to the paper over the last months that could only have come from Nielson.

Melissa remembered a little about Nielson. A large man, dark hair, unruly beard, and smoked a pipe. Even in his office in the non-smoking newspaper building. Nielson had a terrible, legendary temper. Old Mrs. Grotrian had been the only secretary who could work with him. She was the only one he had ever shown any kindness to in 15 years at the paper. Melissa was suspicious of this assignment.

"The paper wants to protect our investment in you. The doc says you need to get some rest and get away. Well, rumor has it that Nielson has some cabin in Colorado somewhere up in the mountains. We will pay your expenses to find him, talk to him, and convince him to come back."

"You want me to seduce him, and bring him back like some prize, isn't that it." Melissa was angry. She had never used her body to get a story. She had been tempted to try once or twice, but only as an act of desperation, and even then she always found some other avenue to get the story. Now her editor was blatantly asking her to use her sex to lure some hotshot editorialist back into the writer's pen.

Two days later she found herself in Montana, at the head of a trail saying goodbye to the outfitters. Melissa was looking forward to the hike. The path mapped out for her were rated moderate, and while she had hiked more extreme trails, this would be just fine. She just couldn't understand how her editor had convinced her to go find this wunderkind Paul Nielson anyway.

Well, time waited for no woman, so settling her full pack onto her shoulders, she stepped off onto the trail. The late summer sun warmed her skin and brightened her spirits. She wondered now how she had let the desire of bringing down that wicked congressman had interfered with her need to be outdoors. Shaking her head, Melissa decided she would worry about all that later with her therapist and just enjoy where she was. This particular stretch of the Rocky Mountains had not been in Melissa's wanderings before. The colors of the trees were unlike anything she remembered. At her lunch break, Melissa calculated that it had been almost two years since she had taken any real vacation time.

"Well then we have some pleasures to make up for!" she declared to the nearby birds, startling them with her sudden exuberance. In a few moments she found a small, clear lake. The water was still warm from the sunshine, and Melissa felt a need to swim. Dropping her pack, she quickly shed her garments. The outfitters had said this was all private land, and few people outside of their outfit knew of these trails, so she felt she had the world to herself.

Slipping into the water completely naked, Melissa swam out to the middle of the lake. Realizing that the lake was fed by a hot spring, she swam over towards the spring. The warm waters soon smoothed out the soreness in her muscles from the days hike. After a good long soak, Melissa laid out on the grass to dry off in the sun.

It had been so long since she had so thoroughly enjoyed nature all to herself, Melissa felt a warmth in her belly that she had almost forgotten. Her nipples slowly hardened in the breeze. The sunlight danced over her flat stomach like the fingers of a lover. Running her hands through her hair to help the sun dry it, Melissa slowly massaged her hands down over her body. Kneading her breasts only made her nipples harder. A soft moan escaped from her lips and Melissa extended her fingers down her abdomen.

Encountering her pubic hair, Melissa closed her eyes and spread her thighs. Slowly extending her supple fingers around her thatch, she gently parted her vaginal folds. Amazed at how wet she already was, Melissa continued stroking her pubic skin, stretching out her nether lips, and lightly running a finger up and down her crack. As her breathing became more ragged, she slipped a finger just inside her pussy. Dipped it in and out again, her left hand came up and found her right nipple.

Squeezing her nipple, Melissa thrust first one, then two fingers deep into her love canal. The waves of pleasure were building up deep within her groin, soon her hips were heaving, her breath was coming in gasps as her breast bounced up and down and both hands were furiously pumping her crotch. The pleasure was so intense that it bordered on pain, yet she couldn't stop, something told her to keep going. All of a sudden her orgasm exploded in her pelvis. Sending waves of pleasure throughout her body, her back arched off the ground as a sudden stream of fluid gushed forth from her cunt. Thrusting her fingers back into her tightly clamping vaginal walls, she experiences another explosion of pleasure that thrummed throughout her entire body.

Cumming three or four more times, Melissa slowly settled back down to earth. She had never cum so hard in her life. In fact, now that she thought about it, this may have been the first true orgasm she had ever had. Melissa was not into masturbating. She didn't see anything wrong with it, but she hadn't ever gotten that much out of it before until now.

Standing up on rather shaky legs, she slipped back into the warm pool to wash up. Drying off she put her shirt and pants back on, but skipped the bra and panties. Her boots laced up, she set out for a few more hours.

The outfitters said that is should take two days to hike up to the cabin. They didn't know of a Paul Nielson, but Peter Woodward would know if there were any other recluses up this mountain. "Capt. Woodward owns this whole area anyway. He's your best bet for finding your man."

That night she set up camp in a small clearing of pine trees. Choosing to forgo the tent for the night air was very comfortable, Melissa slipped between the layers of her down sleeping bag and watcher her fire slowly burn down. As the red embers glowed, she thought about what had happened that afternoon. Slipping a hand between her legs she was again surprised to find the hair all damp. Melissa had always been comfortable with her sexuality, and enjoyed the fact that she was a female. Unlike her "liberated" female co-workers, Melissa had not been afraid to express her femininity.

But this was different. This was a side of her sex that she hadn't felt before. As she pulled off her t-shirt and shorts, she looked closely at her body. Cupping each breast in a hand she looked pleasantly at the hardening nipples.

While she had never been small busted, she wasn't extreme either, a very happy 38C, Melissa tweaked her nipples and smiled with pleasure. She had seen many of the office boys stare at her chest. In the starlight, she could appreciate their adoration. They were rather nice tits.

Switching her attention to her crotch, Melissa stroked her labia and pulled her pussy open. The pink folds fascinated her. As she caressed her pussy she could almost see it pulse back and forth in response to her touch. Then she reached up to find her clit. Unhooding the nub from the folds of her labia, she licked her finger and traced a circle around it. The sudden rush of pleasure stunned her. But it was too good to stop, laying her head back she gave her self over to exploring her sex. Her fingers probed and petted every fold and rise of her pussy.

Soon she was again thrusting her fingers deep into her vagina, building up the sensations towards another thundering climax. Unconsciously she brought her dripping fingers up to her mouth and sucked her cum off her fingers as she dreamily thought of what pleasure this was to lie out in the woods, completely naked and unbothered by the noisome world.

Determined to not get sidetracked, Melissa put aside her rising sexual excitement and focused on the hike before her. Because she wasn't as focused as she had intended to be, shortly after lunch, Melissa realized she wasn't on the right path anymore. The map she had been given by the outfitters was quite detailed, so she wasn't to concerned about getting lost. Her previous excursions had taught her well how to navigate her way through the woods. Deciding to take a round about way back to her objective, Melissa enjoyed another two days hiking the trails alone.

Only at night, when the dinner remains were cleaned up, did Melissa allow herself to further explore her new sexual sensations. Both nights she had masturbated herself to a wonderful climax, every time squirting out a copious amount of fluid. Yet the intense satisfaction and lingering euphoric state soothed Melissa's ragged spirit more than anything else. She was considering staying "lost" in the woods for quite awhile.

That next morning though, brought a change to her plans. The morning started out good enough, with a quick dip in the nearby stream and a quick but intense masturbation session, Melissa had continued towards the direction of Woodward's cabin, when the weather began to change. Over to the northwest the sky began to become ominously black. Thunderclouds built up to a towering height, and she could see lighting begin to play tag in the darkness.

Melissa started searching for some kind of shelter, as the winds picked up tossed leaves, debris, and dust all around her. Then the rain fell. Not a light drizzle, but an outrageous downpour. Slogging forward only in a desire to keep moving, Melissa soon lost all trace of directions. Crawling under a pile of bracken she decided to wait the storm out. Quickly becoming chilled, she pulled her rain parka tightly around her in an attempt to ward off anymore water seeping in.

After what seemed like hours, Melissa notice a strange light bobbing its way up the hillside. Through the downpour it was hard to tell what is was. Deciding that she was just seeing things, Melissa huddled deeper into her wet canvas poncho searching for a dry spot in the brambles.

Suddenly a dog barked just outside the bracken, startled and quite frightened, Melissa screeched in fear, then clamped her mouth shut. There was someone else out there with the dog. A large shadowy figure, hulking behind a raised hurricane lantern called out, "Missy? Missy? Yoohoo. Where are you Missy?"

Startled by a sudden crashing to her left, Melissa was unexpectedly nose to nose with a large black Labrador. Tail wagging, the dog licked her face from chin to hair line, and set up barking and wagging. Soon the dog was replaced by a huge hand.

"Come on little lady, let's get you somewhere dry and warm, hey," rumbled a deep, mirthful voice. Wriggling her way out of the brambles, Melissa found that the large hand was attached to the most intense light grey eyes she had ever seen.

The big man wrapped a fresh, dry, woolen blanket around her, rubbing it against her chilled skin.

"Cabin is just a mile over that next ridge, do you think you can make it?"

Her teeth chattering, Melissa nodded yes, and set off with the tall stranger. His dog would run ahead a dozen yards, then turn and dash back to the man. He kept up a constant, cheerful, monologue, describing each tree and hillock as if they were old friends.

"That tree over there, the large white pine. See the one with the claw marks on the trunk? Ya, that one there. That is where the old owl lives. Don't see him much during the day, but at night he comes out to hunt. Yep, sure enjoys himself a fresh rabbit he does." And so on.

It took almost 40 minutes to make their way back to the cabin in the rain. Once inside, the man took her pack from Melissa, and pushed her into the bathroom. There she found a pile of warmed towels and a hot bath already drawn in the tub. On the counter was an earthenware mug of steaming cider.

"Just leave your wet things on the floor," called the merry voice of the stranger. "There's clean, dry, clothes for you on the hamper." Melissa noticed the flannel shirt and blue jeans neatly folded on the hamper. Quickly shedding her wet garments, she slipped into the tub, sipped on the cider and soaked all the chills out of her bones.

Melissa dried her hair with a towel, wrapped it up, and put on the flannel shirt and jeans. They were obviously the man's clothes, but he had left a length of cord to tie the pants up with, and after rolling up the legs some, she felt rather comfortable. The clothing had a very pleasant smell to them. He must have a cedar line chest or closet, Melissa thought. There were even a pair of woolen socks that she slipped onto her feet.

Leaving her wet clothes on the floor, Melissa slipped out of the bathroom and looked about the cabin. It was much larger then she expected. The main floor was very open, the only separate room seemed to be the bathroom. The kitchen dominated one end of the cabin. A long wooden counter separated the kitchen from the rest of the house. There was a huge iron fireplace set into the middle of the floor. A long porch ran the length of the cabin opposite the kitchen. It was hard to tell during the storm, but the view out the widows of the porch seemed to over look a large lake. The ceiling rose over the second story, and a staircase along one wall led up to what appeared to be aloft. The furniture was all oak and pine, the walls were richly decorated with weavings, paintings and needlework. Though after a moments reflection, Melissa realized it was a man's touch in decorating, very tasteful, but still masculine.

"Come over and sit down, here's some hot stew to warm up what the tub couldn't reach." In the middle of the kitchen stood her rescuer. A big man, dark haired, trim beard. He had on a matching flannel shirt and dark jeans. Big red suspenders held up his jeans, that outlined a very tight, but firm looking ass. Melissa blushed at the thought, but didn't stop admiring the view.

Sitting down on the high chairs at the counter, the man put a large bowl of steaming stew in front of her. Filling her mug with more cider, he encouraged her to eat. The stew was marvelous. Large tender chunks of beef, in a thick gravy, with peas, carrots, onions, potatoes, and tangy spices. He placed a plate of huge biscuits next to her and got out some butter, honey, and some kind of jam. Not realizing how hungry she was, Melissa quietly but efficiently devoured the meal before her, not even noticing when he served her a second helping. While she ate, he cleaned up the kitchen humming a delightful little tune.