The Captured Butterfly

Story Info
A cruel vampire story.
43.7k words
4.2
30.9k
38
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Silentslave
Silentslave
23 Followers

This is a NonConsent story that might have some erotic violent sex. If this is not something you like than please don't bother reading it. Thank you.

*

Chapter 1 A Fresh Start

As Ellie drove towards her old home in Bronsville, her mind kept flipping over the events from the past few months. "I think I must have been cursed from birth. It's like a constant black cloud has followed me all my life; everyone that I care about or come in contact with becomes infected. Maybe leaving the city to get a brand new start might be a good thing. Leaving the past is certainly not a bad thing specially after what I've been threw; my relationship with Paul was destructive for both of us specially, for him. Marinda was right, he had too many problems but that doesn't take away the feeling of guilt I have, part of me will always feel responsible. When he tried to kill us both driving off that bridge it almost destroyed me." Tears started cascading down her cheeks into her lap her mind remembering her best friends words at Paul's funeral. "Paul did this to himself, almost putting you in that casket too, none of this is your fault, he was unstable, way before you came along. Ellie you really must stop taking the blame for everyone else," she said very sternly.

"Marinda was right, thank god I had her to lean on, she is the only small blessing I have in my life she really pulled me out of it. Ya right just in time to have my life sucked down another hole. I got laid off from the magazine, I mean sure I might have wanted to be a freelance writer but still it paid the bills. Now I have to deal with aunt June's passing, leaving the house and everything for me to deal with. Well at least there is a bit of money for the up keep of the house; I don't know much or for how long but maybe enough to get me on my feet again? It might be a good quiet place to start writing; we'll have to see how it goes. I don't know if moving back here will be a good idea or not though? What's that old saying you can't go home!"

She drove past the welcome sign that read Welcome to Bronsville. With her aunt gone she would find herself orphaned, she had no family left now. "The house is going to seem strange without her. Well, if it doesn't turn out I can always sell the house and move back to the city." Then she laughed, "Marinda sure would like that wouldn't she. She'd force me to move into her pent house with her. Good times every night she'd say, what a girl." She laughed and shook her head. She looked around the as she drove into the centre of town. "Doesn't look like it changed much, but then it will always look the same to me." She shook her head again and smiled as she drove right threw town, out to the other side, and then down Branstan Road.

She drove down the dirt road thinking to herself, "Well maybe this will finally give me a chance to straighten out my life, take control again. Ya, like I ever had control in the first place," she thought cynically. She smiled then shook her head as she spotted the green tiled roof coming into view. "Well here I go." She said as she pulled into a long driveway. It was a huge two-story house with white-siding and blue trim. There were blue window boxes in front holding tulips that were almost in bloom. It had a white porch, which circled the whole front of the house and a wooden porch swing, which she remembered spending a lot of her childhood reading books on. Except for 6 and half years of her life this had been where she called home growing up. She would come to live with her aunt June and uncle Jack, after her parents died in a car crash and because they where her only living relatives so they gladly took her in. Ellie didn't mind coming to live at the old Stanton homestead and had soon looked to her aunt like a mother, always receiving lots of love.

She stepped out onto the driveway letting her eyes take in the sights and sounds of her childhood. She took a deep breath as the smell of her aunt's garden enveloped around her head. When her uncle died a year after she came to live with them her aunt poured all the love she could into Ellie and her garden. She had the greenest thumb of anyone she had ever known and won the blue ribbon for her garden every year. Ellie opened her trunk to retrieve her luggage then walked up the path to the steps that lead to the front door. It was six p.m., which meant the door would be locked. Mitch her aunt's housekeeper would be gone for the day. She pulled the key from her pocket and opened the door. As she took a step towards the door she suddenly got the feeling she was being watched causing the hair on the back of her neck to stand up. She looked around but saw no one so she shook it off then proceeded to enter the house.

She stepped into a lightly lit hallway with a faded red carpet down its length. "It has my aunts smell," she said sadly with a smile. She put her suitcases down in front of the stairs then looked to her right at the front sitting room. A flash of memory passed across her mind, she was seven years old and it had been her first birthday after she lost her parents. She had gotten a china tea set and was playing tea party with her aunt, something her aunt did with her quite often. She could remember her aunt's big happy smile, as she would pass Ellie some real cookies to have with the pretend tea. "I wish I had come back to visit more often but I got so wrapped up with my editor, work and... Paul. What a waste, I missed so much time with her and now it's too late. Now I sit here at twenty-one and still I have no direction," she shook her head. Sadly she turned her eyes straight down the hall towards the kitchen. She walked straight ahead until she invaded the brightly green painted kitchen then, the smell of cinnamon and apples still in the air. She walked over to the counter, picked up a note that was left there.

Dear Miss. Stanton:

Welcome home! I left a casserole in the oven for you and made a couple of pies for the luncheon that I organized for after the funeral. Please don't worry about anything I took care of everything. I will be there tomorrow morning at 6 pm to do my normal chores and make your breakfast. Please sleep well knowing everything is organized for you. Until tomorrow then good-night

Yours truly Mitch

"Wow, I hope I can afford to keeper her." As she took a sniff in the oven she smiled then turned her focused around to the rest of the kitchen. Aside from the long counter there was a wooden butchers block and a pantry to one side. To the right of the hall was a heavy oak table and chairs and behind that was a set of glass doors to a large solarium. She walked straight towards it, pulling the doors wide open, it was lit with dull light cause the sun was going down but she didn't care, it was still her favourite room of the house. "This is going to make a perfect place for my study, my computer will fit right over there." She walked over to the patio doors then looked into the tinted glass at the garden. Her aunt's garden was a precious gift, and it had been one of Ellie's favourite places in the whole world. She spent her childhood growing up in that garden after she lost her parents. She took one more look then walked back to the kitchen; turned the oven off, grabbed the oven mitts, then took out the casserole to place it on the top of the stove. She plugged the kettle in for a tea then found the honey. She made herself a tea then dished out some of the pasta onto a plate. "That smells great," she said as she turned towards the table and sat down." By the time she was finished having something to eat, the sky was getting grey so she placed her dishes in the sink and headed down the hall to grab her suitcases. "I think I'll bring my things upstairs, unpack, maybe take a bath, then lay in bed with a good book." Later as she lay reading a book she had snagged from the bookshelf in the downstairs hall she glanced at the clock on the side table. "11 well maybe I should go to sleep, it had been a long drive after all." She placed the book down on the side table falling quickly into a deep sleep.

She was standing in her aunt's garden when she heard a voice calling her name. "Ellie come to me, you belong to me." She saw a man standing near her aunt's garden bench, a tall, dark man with black eyes, which had a hint of a red flame in the centre of them. Ellie was getting closer to him, part of her wanted to run the other way but her feet just kept bringing her closer. "Time for you to face your destiny, you will be mine Ellie." He smiled showing her all his sharp teeth and reached out for her. "No Stop!" She screamed as she popped up on her bed, wide a wake. She sat on the bed, "holy crap, what a dream," her body shivered, she looked at the clock and it was two in the morning. She shook her head, "haven't had bad dreams like that for a long time," she laid down again soon falling back into a deep sleep.

The smell of muffins and bread assaulted her nostrils as her eyes slowly open. She looked over to her right sure enough the sun was drifting into the room. She placed her feet down on the cool wooden floor, and then walked over to the closet where she hung up her clothes the night before, grabbing her clothes for the day she headed towards the bathroom. She washed her pail skin brushed her teeth and placed her long black hair into a braid that went the length of her back ending below her hips. It was a tiresome job but for some reason that she didn't understand she could never quite have the heart to it cut. She threw the nightgown on the bed, opened her door, slipped out, and down the stairs. She walked towards the kitchen where all the good smells were coming from. "Hello Mitch, it's good to finally meet you." She held out her hand towards the woman standing at the counter.

"Good morning Miss Stanton did you sleep well?" Mitch said as she shook her hand. "Here sit down I made you some breakfast. Would you like tea?" She placed a plate of pancakes and syrup on the table.

"Yes tea would be nice Mitch, thanks," she said as she sat at the table.

"Do you take milk in your tea?"

"No just a little honey thanks."

Mitch brought her tea over, "let me know if you need help with anything. The lawyer told me my wages are paid for the year with the house accounts so no problems there. I work from Monday to Thursday while Friday, Saturday, and Sunday are my days off. That's when I'm in Frankton. I look after my mother on those days to give my sister a break. She had a stroke and is bedridden, but I'll be here at 6 every morning other wise."

"Oh Mitch I'm so glad cause I'm a writer when I get heavily into my writing the world kind of drops off till I'm done and I'll really need someone to take care of the place. Besides I might starve if I cook my own meals, cooking isn't my thing really but I sure like to eat," She laughed.

"Oh Miss Stanton you're funny. So how was your trip in yesterday, the weather, the traffic?" she said as she placed her hands back into the sink.

"Actually nether one was all that bad, got here about six. Oh thanks for doing that pasta for me it really hit the spot."

"That's good and I'm glad you enjoyed it, I figured you'd need something by then.

Well if you need me I'll be upstairs making your bed and doing the dusting," laying the tea towel on the rack she headed for the hall.

Ellie spent the day going threw all the papers in her aunt's desk. She had kept every letter, card, or bill that ever came out of her post box. "They must have been important to her," she thought, "cause she had them separated into piles and bound with elastic bands then wrapped in plastic like they where gold. Ellie suddenly felt guilty. "I really should have insisted on making more trips home but she kept making excuses that it was never a good time. I don't understand she missed me, this proves it, but it was like she didn't want me to come home. She never said she was feeling run down when I talked to her last and said nothing in her letters. If it wasn't for her lawyer I might not have even known she died, nothing to do about it now." She wiped the tears from her cheeks then gently placed the stacks into the boxes. "I'll put the letters and cards into storage until I can face to get rid of them, I just don't have the heart right now." It kept her busy all day into the evening with only a quick lunch break in between.

"I left your supper on the stove so if there's nothing else I'll be off. I'll be here early then we can go to the church together. That's if you like?"

"Oh yes thank-you Mitch, you're great." She said looking up from another box.

"Well you have a good night then Miss Stanton."

"Good night Mitch and please call me Ellie all my friends do."

Mitch smiled and nodded then headed out the door.

After she marked and taped the boxes she brought them all up to the storage in the attic. She went downstairs ate her dinner rinsed off her dishes then decided to sit on the porch swing with a book for a while. She sat reading till it started to get to dark to see the pages. She placed the book into her lap and just sat there breathing the beautiful smells of spring, thinking how her aunt would of loved this time of year. The time of growth she would always say. Then she got that feeling again like she was being watched causing the hairs on the back of her neck to stand up. She abruptly stood up to look around, "I'm being silly, and its time to go in anyway, tomorrow is going to be a long hard day." She took one more look around as she went into the house again.

After reading for a while making her eyes tired she fell into another deep sleep.

She was back in the garden again walking towards a stranger who she didn't know or did she? Part of her wanted to run away screaming but her body wanted to get closer to him. She felt like he was a magnet drawing her closer to him every second finally to stand in front of him. He was angry she could feel it; her body was frozen like she was locked in place. He moved around her stoking her hair. "Ah Ellie I'm so glad you're finally home where you belong. You will never leave me again do you understand me." He pulled her hair back exposing her neck looking down into her eyes, "you are mine and I will have you." Then he lowered his lips to her neck causing a sharp pain to her throat. "Ah... Oh god," she pulled herself right up in her bed, "these dreams are horrible, where are they coming from?" The fear and sweat poured from her forehead. She went to the bathroom to wash her face with a cool cloth then slowly made her way back to bed drifting into a more fitful sleep.

Chapter 2 Aunt Junes Funeral

She pulled herself up from the bed, walked over to the window then let her green eyes looked out into the dull grey sky. "Over cast for the funeral, I wonder if it was her request, it would be just like her." The angel's are crying as Aunt June use to say, so plants and little girls can grow, now she's one of those angels." She smiled at the clouds and turned towards her closet. She grabbed the only black dress she owned, dug in the drawer for her underwear and hose and headed towards the bathroom. She soaked her pale skin long under the hot shower till her skin was almost red she then soaped up her jet-black hair. This was going to be a very long day; she knew she would feel wiped out by the end of it. But she couldn't put it off any longer, her aunt's friends where waiting, more importantly aunt June was waiting and after all she was the guest of honour today. She got dressed, brushed her teeth and then tied up her hair into one long braid. She grabbed a wad of Kleenex to stick in her purse then headed down stairs to the kitchen.

"Good morning Miss Stan... ah Ellie" Mitch was putting a plate of eggs and toast on the table for her. "Your tea is there and should be perfectly steeped right now."

"Good morning Mitch," Ellie smiled. "Not the best weather though is it?"

"Well your aunt wouldn't look at it that way, she would have said it's good for growing."

Ellie smiled then began to eat her breakfast while Mitch finished making the sandwiches for the luncheon. When they where done, they both headed for the front door grabbing their coats and purses. While Ellie locked the door Mitch turned to her, "Why don't we take my car, we can leave yours here. Seems silly to take two cars."

"Yes ok but after the lunch, when everyone goes you can take the rest of the day off. It will give me some time alone, just me and my memories." She smiled but her eyes where red and glassy.

"Ellie are you sure, staying wouldn't be a problem?"

"No I'll be fine."

They both walked towards the car and got in.

She stood just inside the door of the church to receive every ones blessings, hugs, and tears for her aunt. The blessings were by some friends and strangers she knew by passed memories of childhood and if it weren't for Mitch beside her, whispering who they were, she would have drawn up a blank to remember them all. Ellie had come home but at what price? She was an orphan, alone in the world now because this was the day she would bury her only relative. She felt more than just grief, she felt a sadness that only total loneliness could bring and she wiped away a tear as she felt her heart drop into her stomach. Suddenly she felt Mitch stiffen beside her.

"Miss. Stanton, may I introduce myself? The name is Renald Branstan, so sorry to hear of your aunt's passing. She was a good neighbour and kept a beautiful garden. She sure had a talent for growing beautiful things didn't she?" A pale-faced man with dark sunglasses said in a smooth, dark voice. "If there is anything I can help you with, please don't hesitate to call me." His hair was long and tied at the back and he had a shockingly sensual mouth with teeth that sparkled when he smiled capturing your gaze. He wore a long dark coat with a crest of a lion circled in gold then blue. His long cool fingers held her small hand as he spoke to her, "I live in the estate next door and if I'm not available just ask my servants. They would be more than pleased to help you." On his left hand she noticed a large black ring with the same crest on it. He smiled again then turned to walk away so he could take his seat in the church.

Ellie leaned toward Mitch. "Ah Mitch, who was that? I don't remember him from my childhood. I thought no one lived at the Branstan estate, sure didn't know he knew my aunt either. She didn't mention him in any of her letter's to me. Mitch? What's the matter?"

"Miss Ellie, please try to stay far away from him, "she whispered.

"But Mitch why?"

"Just take my word for it he's just...dangerous. Come on we should take our seats now the service is about to begin."

Before Ellie could utter one single word Mitch grabbed her elbow and pulled her towards the front of the church.

"We are here today to honour our aunt, our neighbour, our sister, Jane Stanton and the life she shared with us all. Preceded by her husband Jack Stanton she leaves behind a niece, Ellie Stanton we ask the lord to bless her and us all, in our time of grieving and...

Ellie suddenly felt like she was being watched while the preacher's words started to fade from her hearing; she thought she heard someone whisper her name and it wasn't from the priest in front of her ether, it was coming from the crowd. She quickly gazed around the room behind her. "The church is full of people that knew my aunt." She thought. Looking back towards the front, her attention was averted when her eyes spied him. He was on the opposite side, the third row from the front and he was smiling at her. He had been watching her and now was just smiling. She brought her gaze to the front again but he was still watching her, she could feel it on the back of her neck. "How did he know my aunt and why is he staring at me? Doesn't he realize it was making me nervous and uncomfortable? I'll try to ignore him." She thought to herself. She could still feel his eyes on the back of her neck; it was making her rather irritated. "How rude," she thought as she tried to focus on the preacher's words. She glanced back quickly only to see that he was still watching her with a huge gin on his face. It was really bothering her now and made her so embarrassed the blood went to her cheeks turning them all red. Then to her horror he seemed to make a silent laugh then looked front. Finally to Ellie's delight, the service came to an end and she found herself at the door receiving hugs of sympathy and good wishes from all her aunt's good friends. The thought of the irritating stranger left her mind as she smiled and hugged and invited them over to the house for a luncheon. Suddenly his cool hands grasped one of her hands and kissed it very gently. "Sorry again for your loss Ellie, good bye for now my dear." Then with a ginning smile walked out of the church.

Silentslave
Silentslave
23 Followers