The Cat's Meow

Story Info
Group of friends try to find peace in their lives.
8.2k words
0
8.2k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Disclaimer

This story is a works of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental. The author asserts all legal rights to this work. You are not allowed to copy anything without authors permission. By continuing on you are agreeing to the statement above.

* * * * *

Cat

All of a sudden I hear the best words over a speaker that a drunk woman who loves to dance can hear. "Dude looks like a lady." OK this song is on my friggin A list for make a fool of yourself when your drunk songs. I mean how can you go wrong with this?

As soon as I heard it, I started to throw down. Twirling my long hair around and around, gyrating my hips to the beat, I felt like a rocket in a dome. I needed more room to move about. So I jumped on the bar and started to flip my hair here and there. Slapping my tight leather wrapped legs and rolling my hips. Showing my heritage in the way my hips rolled at with ease, the way my waist moved, my hands flying everywhere along with my hair.

I started to get encouragement from the onlookers at the full bar, so I started to move around even more. I was spinning and dropping to my knees, crawling along the wood bar, jumping up and in some guys face, teasing him with luscious lips.

I grabbed a hold of the pole at the end of the bar and treated it like a sexy dance partner, busting a few fancy moves or two on it. I grabbed the pole with my left hand and put my feet in front of it and leaned forward into the crowd, my hair falling down into my face and my seductive eyes looking through it; as I slowly leaned from left to right.

I suddenly turned and gave them a look at something that even Ms. J-Lo wish she could have. Then I looked back winked at no one particular and did a fast split at the last chord of the break down; which seemed to get a chorus of groans, moans, and oh fuck me's. I started to spin on the bar moving to the end, my hair spinning right along with my body.

Gosh who ever said it wasn't great to be sexy is out of their damn mind. And attention is like heroin, that shit is addictive. I stopped abruptly and pulled my shirt up over my head giving them a real show. I got cheers, some far off female jeers and a few dollars thrown my way. Soon the song finished and I jumped off the bar a happy woman.

I was out of breath, with a grin from ear to ear. Damn I should change my profession, hee. I got so many drinks thrown my way you'd swear that when I flashed them I didn't have a bra on. Damn men are strange as all hell. My friend Shelly grabbed my arm ever so swiftly and hauled me out of the bar.

The fresh air hit me like a ton of bricks. Damn I didn't even realize it was so hot and stuffy in there. I looked at Shelly trying her best not to look irritated in her khaki Capri pants, green knit sweater, and golden blonde hair, her frame almost identical to mine. She just looked at me and tsked.

I just looked at her and rolled my eyes "Like if I haven't hauled your ass out of many bars on plenty occasions." Damn she acted like I did this all the time. I was always the designated driver. Alcohol never really interested me.

That's until today when I just happened to walk on one of my best friends with my fiancée. Then all of a sudden alcohol was looking like it was made especially for me, like all of a sudden every drink had the words "Catherine" on them.

I snapped my fingers and swayed to the car. The beat of “Dude Looks Like A Lady” still very evident and clear in my mind. Damn, listening to crap like that made you wanna learn how to play the guitar just so you could play that one song. I jumped in the passenger side of my BMW. "Top down my dear."

She looked at me and smiled "I'm damn sure glad we took your car because chances are you’re gonna barf and I'd never forgive you if you had done it in my baby." I just rolled my eyes and said, “Fuck off!”. And with that statement I laid back while she backed out into the street. I let the wind blow all over me. My hair was flying around behind me.

I kicked off my shoes. The wind air drying the sweat that collected all over my skin. My damp, gold glitter covered shirt slowly dried.” Damn I could do some serious damage with my nipples! They were so friggin hard; they could poke someone's eye out. I still felt clammy though I couldn’t wait to take off my tight, black, low cut pants, that seemed to be looking like latex now. I started to get a little self conscious.

"Do these pants always look this tight?" She looked at me at the corner of my eye

"Yeah we always wondered how you got those bitches on. They’re so tight they look like skin."

I'm tired of people proclaiming I'm so good they'd wait forever to be with me and then a month comes by and their dicks start talking to them. I closed my eyes trying to make the tears roll back in where they came from. But that was a bad idea cause all I could see was them in a 69.

Gosh look what I'm going back to. Do I want him back? Hell nah. I mean he is my fiancé. And I mean were in the 20th century, of course he wouldn't wait for me. Damn all of his "I love that you are waiting till you’re married" speeches felt like a big insult. Like it was him and that bitch’s way of saying "You’re so fucking pathetic! While you hold out I'm screwing your best friend’s brains out, so go ahead with your illusions."

I just felt like the epitome of dumb at the moment. The tears started to roll down my eyes no matter how hard I tried to keep them in.

"Hey babe we’re going over to your house, we’re were packing up your clothes right now and we’re going over to my house. He's not worth your time and don't even think about taking him back. We’re just getting this over with so we don't have to see them again."

I just looked at her. Damn I hated when she read my mind. I don't like being transparent, dangit. When we reached the apartment I put on my gold stilettos and jumped out, taking a big swallow of air.

All of a sudden I didn't feel like my alcohol dreamland anymore. Reality seemed to be back in effect, and back with a bang. I straighten myself out. I straightened my clothes, ran a brush through my hair and grabbed my purse on my way out the door. I ran to the car, putting as much distance between myself and the apartment as possible.

I turned back around to the building and strutted my ass in. "I'm not gonna let him get the best of me" I chanted as I strode into the elevator. Yes, I strode! I walked like a woman on a mission, a woman that should not be fucked with unless you wanted a shower of cuss words and reflecting a betrayed broken heart all directed to you. When we reached the 15th floor I put myself in business mode. I just blocked everything emotional out.

The saying bitch on heels was made just for me at that moment. I strode into our, I should say my former apartment. There he was on the couch looking smug like shit in a pig pen with her lying in his arms both of them sound asleep. Shelly touched my shoulder and gave it a firm grasp.

I slid my purse off my left shoulder and caught it with my right hand and put it on the little table by the door. I walked in our room, grabbing my bags, while Shelly started shelling out my clothes from inside the drawers. We made sure we were very quiet. The last thing I wanted to do is have to look at them and listen to them give me their lame ass apologies.

I mean they obviously weren't sorry; they're all husband and wife on my friggen couch. Within 2 hours we packed everything up in suitcases and trash bags. There was a big pile in front of the door. Damn this was gonna be a load to carry. I kicked off my heels and put on some comfy beat down Timberland boots.

We started to go back and forth. Up and down the elevator or stairs what ever one showed more promise at the time. Within 30 minutes we were done. There was only my purse and shoes to grab. I changed from my boots into my heels again. I don't know about you but a bar is looking not just good, but damn good at the moment.

I threw my boots in the garbage. They were a little bit too beat down for my taste and I decided to leave the trash where trash belonged. As I grabbed my purse, I looked and saw my grandmas quilt wrapped around the lil slut.

I didn't even realize that she had blanket around her. But not only did she have a blanket wrapped around her she had my friggen blankie wrapped around her. I mean what more does she want. She got my man now she wants my dead grannies blankie she made just for me.

I walked up to her fiercely, and grabbed the quilt snatching it from her so hard her body jerked up and fell back, her head landing right into his crotch area. "Well, your head seems to be their a lot lately." I made sure that a lot was exaggerated. They looked up at me. She was too ashamed to meet my eye.

But him, he looked dead at me. I looked at his dark brown chocolate skin, and his thick hair braided back. His well define jaw line and luscious lips. His hazel eyes, his muscular body. Him looking like a long curly haired Morris Chestnut. He looked right in my eye and I saw him smirk, which just pissed me off even more. I can’t believe I actually was in love with this stupid ass son of a bitch.

At this point I wished I could have gone back in time and thrown his moms into an abortion clinic, which is pretty damn bad since I'm pro-life. I smiled at him, a loving tender smile, and folded my quilt slowly.

I liked the fact that I could make her uncomfortable in my presence and that little smile I threw his way had him for a loop. He was probably wondering what the hell I had to smile about. His smug ass probably liked what he was doing. Probably got a kick out of it. I knew it was better to smile at him and act like I didn't care than to cuss him out because then when those words spill from your mouth he knows he has a piece of your heart.

Damn see now I know why there are Serial Killers! Cause I know if I had a gun in my hand I'd have a bullet for each of them. At this moment I felt like I could kill everyone who even knew about them. I looked down at my friend, and bent down a little bit which made her move back scared. I Kissed her on her cheek which seemed to knock her for a loop as well. "Take care of yourself babe have a nice life."

With that I turned on my heels. The sound of her sobs was ringing in my ears while I was going down the elevator. Why show endearment to her. Hello? Rule 22: don’t give them a reason to call you a bitch. Now she can’t pin nasty comments on me and cover up her shame with anger.

Nope I showed her love and that's just as bad as throwing her down a flight of stairs. I jumped in the car and Shelly looked at me quizzically. She was there the whole time at the end of the door. I guess she wondered why I kissed her too. I no longer felt the need to go to another bar, it wasn’t as if Shelly was going to let me anyway. So we pulled out to her house.

Jacob

I looked at the door in disbelief, she actually smiled. Fuck I can’t stand her cool calm ass one bit. Why did I cheat on her? Because she's a tease, she gets me all excited on purpose and then leaves me high and dry. So damnit if she wanted to be like that, which is dead wrong, then I can be dead wrong too.

One look at April and I knew all I needed to know. She had green eyes for sure. I don't mean it literally for you slow pokes I meant it figuratively. She was envious and jealous of Cat. She always had been. Cat is always the main attraction and attention getter when they go out.

I mean Cat undeniably has major appeal. She could put on beat up clothes, those raggedy boots and still ooze sex appeal.

Then you throw Shelly in that equation. Her body looks like a white twin to Cat's. So by the times guy’s eyes take a look at Cat or Shelly, April with her 5'6, 104, short hair that didn't seem to grow, she did have great Asian persuasion dark eyes. But she was lacking drastically in the T&A section, plus low self esteem.

She was more of a prop then the shining star in the production. But I mean Suzanne wasn't ugly but she just wasn't breathtaking like Cat or titillating like Shelly. Then throw in the fact that she and Cat are attracted to the same guys. She's always been in Cat's shadow, just there pining away for some attention.

It was all too easy to scoop her up. It’s been going for months. For such a smart woman Cat sure can be naive. Now that Cat knows I can get Shelly to do about anything because everyone else for sure has cut her off. Now I'm all she's got.

But back to the fucking smile, what the hell was up with that? Damn I can’t stand her. Oh I don't know why she fronting, she know she loves me… right?

"Hey calm down April" I said a little irritated. April was laying there crying her heart out. Not just regular tears and all. I mean her body shaking and trembling. She was constantly taking deep gasp of breath.

Damn I'm hungry. "Hey April why don't you take your ass in the kitchen and finish crying, while you make me something to eat." She looked up at me an nodded. She waddled her trembling body into the kitchen. I can definitely get use to this. If that was Cat she would have chewed my head off.

I mean damn no more sarcastic comments, teasing sessions and all that, ushy gushy shit she likes. Just some plain ol’ dictatorship and fucking definitely more of my pace.

Mike

As I saw a fist trying to connect with my face, I turned ever so swiftly to my side and countered with a fist making contact with this thug. Before giving him a chance to retaliate, I did a swift 360 turn and my leg and his chest met each other. He fell to the ground.

With that I left the alley really quick, never taking my eyes off of him. I guess all that training wasn't for nothing. I mean what the hell was he thinking? Hello? I'm a solid mass of 185 pounds, 6'3” in height. I mean damn these Brooklyn thugs need to quit it.

They're getting over their heads now. I'm just glad he didn't have a gun. How the hell did I end up in the ghetto? Damn guess I made a wrong turn, I mean no Manhattan white guy needs to be found jogging in the ghetto. I was asking for it.

Before I was rudely interrupted by "give me your shit white boy." I was deep in thought. I probably wandered over here by accident. I wandered back over to some safer areas of Brooklyn and decided I was safe enough to resume my pity party.

Why the hell is it as soon as I get attached to someone I find out they're using me? In the family department I'm cursed. I mean my dad is so busy about work he doesn't have time for me. My Mom has to be the host of every fucking party out there. I don't even think my parent even know I exist.

The only one I have is my older brother Marcus (Mark). My other brothers don't give a damn about me. To them I'm that 5 year old boy begging to hang out with the boys. I'm a man now I mean damn. I'm 24 yrs old and I'm already a lawyer. That shit don't come easy. That takes discipline and ambition. Now looking back at it, Mark practically raised me. He's the one who waited up for me at night when I wasn't home. He was the one giving that speech about the birds and the bees. He's the one that saw me off to my prom.

Damn, I just want a real family. Even those dysfunctional family shows have more of a bond then my family. Looking back at my life and who was in it, I only get as much as a birthday present on my birthday and a “hey there“ every once awhile in the office from my other brothers. When do I get a family to come home to? But I guess that's too good for someone like me.

Other then Mark I only had one friend. How pathetic is that? I don't even know where the hell he lives anymore. I met him when I ran away and my uncle decided to take me in for the summer. My uncle owns a chain of hotels for mostly upper middle class families.

My uncle Jim gave me a choice to stay with my parents or work with him at his hotel. I thought about it and decided I'd have a better time over at Uncle Jim's place. He threw me on staff with a whole bunch of people my age. I was 15 at the time. It was kinda like a culture shock.

I never had to clean up after myself and here I was cleaning up after other people. I never had to work for money and now the only source of money I was getting was from my paycheck, which was insanely low. I used to spend more money in a day that what I got every two weeks in those paychecks. Plus I was used to having a big grand room for myself and now I was sharing a room the size of my closet at home with some Spanish boy.

I was having a hard time adjusting to say the least. The first two weeks were excruciating. But I knew I couldn't go home. Mark was gone with his girlfriend at the time to travel abroad by themselves.

He wanted to take me but my dad and Mom said I was too young and too much of a "problem" child to go. No matter how hard it was to actually work the thought of sticking in a house with those two was enough to keep me put. But the boy I shared the room with took pity on me. Everyone called him Jay.

He befriended me. He was a Spanish guy, a year younger than me. He ragged on me so much about how I talked and acted. He always said his goal for the summer was to make me a "homeboy." Heh looking back on it I think he succeeded.

If you were there when we first met you would have never thought that at the end of the summer we would become best friends:

June 14, 1993, Monday

I looked around the room and the frown on my face was all you needed to see to know I wasn't pleased. When I sat down on the bed this boy around my age came in.

"Hello my name is Michael Edwards." I said putting my hand out to shake his.

"Hey Mike, everyone calls me J (Jay)." He said slapping my hand and smiling.

"No my name is Michael, not Mike." I said taking my hand away and looking at this little 'ghetto' boy

"Yeah and my name ain’t Jay neither but that don't stop anyone from calling me it now do they. It’s just a nick so get use to it their guy because no one is gonna call you Michael." He said the Michael in a mocking butler tone.

"Well this encounter was very enlightening. Excuse me I have work to do." With that I was walking towards the door.

"Alright square you’re excused," he said in a mocking tone again. I almost wanted to turn around and catapult my fist into his face but I just continued my way out.

I shook my head thinking about that first meeting. What an asshole we both were. I can't even believe I used to talk like that. For one thing he sure wasn't lying when he called me a square. I didn't even look at him for two weeks after that.

All that work was wearing me down and making me miserable. At that point I was questioning if I should just leave and go home. And I thought home was hell on earth so you could guess how much I hated the job. But he took pity on me one day.

June 25, 1993, Friday

"Hey um Michael you wanna go to the movies with us." I shook my head no. I wasn't even paying attention. It was just an auto response. All his friends left and he stayed and walked over to me

"Why are you such a dick?" With that remark I was up in his face ready to fight. He didn't even flinch or anything when I got up. We were nose to nose staring at each other. A pissed off look painted my face, but he looked more amused than anything else.

"I don't know what your problem is but I think it would be best if you just stayed away from me. Shouldn't you be busy working on how to get your family off of welfare or something.' With that I felt an iron fist connect with my jaw. It jolted my body back and I landed on my bed. Before I could even move he was on top of me, his arm pressing down on my neck, making it hard to breathe.

'You little cunt. I was trying to be nice to you. First of all cracker, our parents probably have the same amount of money. I just don't choose to flaunt it. Don't worry there square I'll leave your ass alone from now on. Remember you asked for it.'