The Ceiling

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Looking up from his wet vantage point, he watched fascinated as her last few gasping breaths bounced her tits around her chest. His reading had given him enough of a clue that he was sure he had just given Val an orgasm of grand proportions.

As she wound down in her post-orgasmic bliss, Val slowly raised her head and smiled weakly at George. Not wanting a repeat of the previous session, George quickly stood and dropped his underwear, fishing about the floor for his pants and the "just in case" condom contained in his wallet. He quickly rolled the condom over his aching cock while Val slid up his bed to rest her head on his pillow.

Returning between her legs in what was to become their normal missionary position, he quickly positioned his cock in the wet valley and began to thrust erratically and wildly. Val winced with each uncoordinated jab and reached between them to guide his enthusiastic thrusts towards her moist center. George groaned with pleasure when he felt the head of his cock slip inside her wet folds.

The momentary pause gave Val a chance to get George's attention and she spoke for the first time since they entered his room.

"Go slow," she whispered, "this is my first time."

George came to his senses and settled himself to push gently and gradually work his dick into her tight opening. Each time he gained a bit, he pulled back and stroked slowly forward again. Pretty soon he felt the barrier guarding her soft inner core from his further advances. Leaning back, he kissed her gently and asked her the question with his eyes. Her only response was to slightly nod and avert her eyes. George took that as a shy yes and finished the job of de-flowering her with a solid thrust..

Val cried out in pain and George froze, holding his breath and keeping his cock still to see what would happen next. After what seemed like an eternity, Val sighed and opened her eyes. Her weak smile and the gentle nod of her head telling George he could start that age-old dance of passion.

George pulled back and stroked in gradually getting deeper and deeper with each plunge. When he felt their hips and wiry hair meet, he stopped again and kissed her gently. Val returned the kiss with passion and wiggled her hips slightly underneath him in a clear message to get on with it. George started stroking and realized right away that he wasn't going to last long in the warm, tight confines of her rippling pussy, even with the condom reducing the sensations. Val too had begun to feel a warm glow spreading from the fullness of her pussy and began to slightly arch and angle her hips to push her clit towards his invading spear to increase the pleasure contact. After a several more long slow strokes, George felt his balls pulling up and he increased his pace, ready for the final event. Val's hips involuntarily rocked back and forth with him, keeping the delicious contact between their flesh and spreading the fire in her belly faster than she thought possible. As soon as she felt his cock twitch and swell, her pussy responded by grasping and fluttering around him.

That was all it took, George stroked in once more, bottomed out as hard as he could and held it, spurting rope after creamy rope against the latex barrier. Spots burst in a rainbow of colors behind his eyes. The last nudge against her cervix and the pulsing and swelling of George's cock tipped her over the edge also. Val joined him in a state of sweaty bliss, enjoying her first orgasm on a hard cock, her pussy automatically squeezing and grasping his invading manhood and milking the last of his spurting load from his deflating cock.

Just before he collapsed, George had the presence of mind to grab the condom as he withdrew his wilting cock, rolling over to the side and successfully locating some tissues to keep the mess clear of Val and his bed. After mopping up the obvious evidence of her virginity with more of his tissues and laying there for a few minutes, Val gathered up her clothes and got dressed. George, who was rapidly heading for another beer and post-coital coma, was only vaguely aware she was leaving as she kissed him tenderly on the forehead on her way out.

Chapter 4 -- Setting the Pattern

Waking the next morning, George wondered if it had all been a dream but the pile of tissues and discarded condom told him it was real. George grabbed a quick shower, dressed and headed to the cafeteria to see if Val was having breakfast before finishing packing and heading for home. They arrived at the serving line at the same time and exchanged shy smiles and blushed as they both replayed their memory of the previous night.

They ate quietly, enjoying each other's company but awkwardly not sure what to say. Finally, George broke the ice. "Is there any chance we can get together over the summer?" he asked. "I can borrow my parents car and drive up to your place once in a while. It's probably only a five hour drive."

"My parents have never had to deal with a boy visiting me overnight so I don't know how they'll react."

"Oh. Well . . . can I at least call you?" George mumbled, somewhat taken aback.

"That would be great, we can see how the summer goes and see if there's a chance we can get together."

"Okay, I'll call you when I get settled back in at home and we can see how it goes," he brightened.

They finished their breakfast and exchanged home phone numbers as they parted company outside the cafeteria. George pecked Val lightly on the cheek and whispered "I'll call you" as they headed in their separate directions.

That summer had dragged on for George. At home he was constantly horny because every little thing seemed to remind him somehow of the last night he and Val had spent together. He was glad he found a job with a landscape company because the long hours and hard work helped keep his mind off Val during the day. The nights were another matter and he often lay awake at night picturing her plump nipples and her full breasts swaying on her chest as she climaxed their first time.

Ruefully, now as the reflected moonlight danced overhead almost laughing at him, he realized that he still did that many lonely nights when she was sleeping right beside him.

They both had to work hard at their summer jobs to make enough money to go back to school in the fall and they never did end up getting together that first summer. George had quickly fallen into a routine, calling her every Sunday night before his busy work week started. The side benefit to George's job had been the muscle and the tan he built up. Val had found a waitress job in a local burger joint and slugged double cheeseburgers and shakes for the high school crowd for lousy tips and lots of heckling.

George took the Greyhound bus back to school in the fall arriving well ahead of Val and finding the dorms almost deserted. He quickly moved his few belongings back into his dorm room and went searching for signs of life anywhere. He was at loose ends. Val wasn't due back for a couple of days when her parents could get away to drive her up to campus. George volunteered for freshman orientation and had some fun breaking in the new students and ogling the shy, giggling girls that suddenly seemed so much younger to him. By the time Val arrived back, the dorms were filling up fast and he went looking for her amid the crowds in the cafeteria after he figured her parents would have left. She was nowhere to be seen so George ate with a couple of his neighbors from the floor and headed back to his room.

The next morning at breakfast, she was sitting there by herself as he made his way through the buffet line and he quickly joined her.

"Where were you last night? I hung out here looking for you after your parents would have gone."

"They took me out to dinner. One last night of decent food before the caf crud fills my veins, I guess. George, we have to talk. I'll come by your room later after I register and get my course schedule."

"Okay. I'll see you later. I'm glad you're back."

"Hmmm. Me too," was her somewhat distant reply.

George headed back to his room wondering what that was about. Had she found someone else over the summer? Was she no longer interested in him? They had only talked once a week on the phone so the possibilities and the questions were bouncing around in his head like errant ping pong balls, driving him slowly crazy wondering what was going on.

As promised, Val dropped by his room after she finished with the lineups for registration. George tried to give her a big hug but she stood stiffly and didn't return much of the sentiment. She quickly sat in his desk chair so there was no room for George to sit close and start something.

"What's up Val?" he asked. "You don't seem very glad to see me."

"I'm sorry George" she began and his heart dropped into his stomach.

"I'm glad to see you too but I've done a lot of thinking over the summer. I don't want you to take this the wrong way."

"Take what the wrong way?"

"What I'm about to say."

"Oh". His heart thumped loudly in his ears and he sat rather heavily on his bed waiting for whatever dire news was coming his way.

"I really enjoyed our last night here before the summer" she started.

"Me too. It was fantastic," he quickly chimed in, hoping to turn the discussion onto a more positive note.

"That's the problem. I have to focus on my studies this year. My folks were struggling to keep me here last year and I need to do all I can to help them. My job at the burger joint didn't pay all that well and I need to get a scholarship so my grades have to improve. I must to focus on academics. I know I won't be able to spend much time with you and still get good grades."

"We can study together. That will give us lots of time to spend with each other and it will help your grades," George tried woefully to get something started.

"That will help some but I am taking only one course with you this term so I'll have to study the rest on my own. I enjoyed our last night together but I don't want that to become a regular thing. I really must be focused on what is most important for good grades."

Chapter 5 -- George's Discomfort

As he lay there staring at the moonlight playing off the waves, he realized that Val had been true to her word from then on. He had enjoyed one night of bliss followed by a summer of isolation and then sporadic sex in a pattern that continued to this day. She had always been in charge of their sex life and it had always been on her terms. They had slept together only a couple of nights each term and always when Val thought she was completely caught up and not a single grade was at stake in any of her courses.

They did nothing but straightforward missionary sex each time. Val seemed to hold back, keeping her body in check even more than that first night and not letting go at all. She rarely moaned or made any noise and didn't show any of the passion that she had on their first night. The only way George could tell he was doing something right was in the pace and depth of her breathing.

Val always directed the program, squirming away or shifting to prod George along to the next step in the same old sequence just as he was getting into exploring and tasting a part of Val's body. Looking back, he realized it was almost as if she didn't want either one of them to enjoy it too much in case she lost her stranglehold on their sex life. The spinoff effect was that George also got much better grades but he would have been happier with lower grades and a more satisfied libido.

For Val, there had always been some higher priority than their physical relationship. Almost like a fill-in-the-blank question on a test. Same starting statement, fill in the blank with the reason-of-the-month and he had heard many of them over the years.

"We've got to focus and work extra hard to," (check the appropriate reason of the month) "get good grades / cover the wedding / save for our down payment / get a new car / pay for the kids' music lessons / pay for the pool / pay off the mortgage / pay for the kids' college..." On and on, the litany of reasons for anything to have a higher priority than their physical relationship had continued through their married life -- all the way through and past the kids living at home.

George was gradually aware of his realization that her pattern of control had been the same all these years. Always reluctantly giving in to sex when she couldn't come up with one of her fill-in-the-blank reasons and always the same functional coupling in the same position after the same set of foreplay rules and steps. About the only thing that had changed was that George had eventually learned how to control the speed, angle and depth of his strokes to get her to orgasm around the same time he did.

As he realized how long the pattern had been there, he began to wonder if he could ever break her old habits.

The dancing silvery moonlight also reminded him of the seldom-used pool that had seen the kids learn to swim but now represented a constant but fruitless source of work for George. With their son and daughter both in college and scattered all over the country in the summer, he and Val had the place to themselves pretty much year-round. They could enjoy the pool together whenever they wanted and with the privacy of the yard, they could skinny dip at will. Even then, the only time the pool was used was on the odd occasion when the kids visited and some of their old friends dropped by for a dip. Val never went in the pool anymore yet he still had to add chemicals, clean it regularly and do all the other countless little jobs that were needed to keep the stupid thing sparkling clean and Val off his back about how it looked.

"Might as well fill the damn thing in for all the good it does us," he mused to himself as he watched the rippling silver light on the ceiling. Val muttered in her sleep and he wondered if he had actually uttered the words aloud.

"Now I'm starting to talk to myself and go crazy on top of it all," he made sure he thought to himself.

Val continued to mutter so he realized she must be dreaming and not listening to his idle speculations.

George had gone through this ebb and flow of sleeplessness before. He would often go for a week or two not sleeping too well. Once he had again come to grips with the reality of his celibacy, normal sleep mode would kick in again and he would enjoy a few weeks of restful but celibate nights. Val was blissfully unaware of this pattern and the tempest raging within George since she had long ago accepted his shifting moods as part of the fabric of their relationship.

George knew Val was unaware of the depth of his feelings in this regard. He was pretty sure that she knew he complained along with his buddies about "not getting enough" but he figured that she, like most of the other guys' wives would ignore that complaint as the normal whining of every married male. It was the age-old difference in sex drive between husband and wife and therefore a reality of every marriage so why should she care -- they were normal.

George's Internet research suggested they were far below the average frequency for their age group; somewhere less than a quarter of the monthly average if the stats were to be believed. When he once tried to allude to that fact with her, she had shrugged it off as a meaningless survey on some crap website run by husbands who wanted to try and legitimize their whining. After she got over being pissed off that he would try to suggest there were stats to back up his claims, nothing changed.

George thought he could add some spice to their life and see if Val's sex drive would pick up.

He had gone into stores and online to buy her sexy sleepwear. She had made him take or send it back without even trying it on.

"Why would I want to wear this crap? There's nothing to it and it won't keep me warm."

He had tried sending her to a spa for a relaxing makeover. She had returned so relaxed she slept extra soundly and ignored him more than ever.

He encouraged her to travel and visit friends and relatives in hopes that she would return realizing how much she missed him. Sometimes it worked to the extent that he would get a chaste hug and kiss when she got back.

He had taken her for mini-getaways on special anniversaries and sometimes had enjoyed another round of missionary mediocrity for his efforts.

Flowers and chocolates just aroused her suspicions, not her lust. Cards and spontaneous phone calls worked like flowers and chocolates as warning flags that must surely signal his guilt over something.

Another challenge was their schedules and preferred patterns. When the kids had become more independent, Val gradually started going to bed earlier than George and getting up and out of the house early to get to her executive assistant's job in plenty of time to beat her boss to the office and get his day organized. Without kids to organize for school or come home for, her day rarely ended before George's either so he often was relegated to making supper and coming up with something that would survive slow cooking to tolerate her odd hours without being too dry or overdone. She had even started to skip preparing weekend meals, leaving George to figure out what to make for the two of them.

George had a regular nine to five job as a middle manager in a large financial services company. He knew he had hit the career ceiling for his skills and education within that firm and wasn't going any higher unless the retirement rate suddenly went supersonic. He was content to go through the motions in a comfortable and predictable way that neither rocked the boat nor elevated his standing within the company. His annual performance reviews were always short and sweet. "Keep up the good work, you are an integral part of what makes this company tick." George recognized the BS for what it was. They were happy to have him right where he was. If he rocked the boat or tried to climb past the glass ceiling, things would go down hill pretty fast. He was dependable and steady so he earned his middle manager salary.

Their evenings were completely predictable. Val would crash in front of the TV, watching another batch of social misfits embark on a new adventure in the latest reality show craze or catching up with one of the daytime talk shows she PVR-ed. Before the late news came on, she was long gone to bed. George, to avoid that mindless TV he couldn't relate to, could often be found on the computer in his office surfing the web, reading online story sites and finding new visual stimuli for solo sessions with his right hand.

After all that he tried, he was out of ideas. Yet somehow it felt different to him this time. He felt like he was on the verge of giving up the struggle once and for all. A "why bother" point. She would never come around to see things his way. There was a creeping sense of desperation. If he couldn't get Val to come around and at least see and understand his concerns, it was probably past the point where it was worth trying anymore.

George realized he was probably having a typical mid-life crisis. Lousy sex life, wife not interested in anything he was, constantly maintaining a suburban lifestyle home showcase of her success and the kids out on their own all added up to what the fuck was he doing living like this.

His last couple of bonus checks from work had gone into a special savings account that Val didn't know about. He had started off thinking he would save for a surprise vacation. With the mortgage paid off and the kids working hard to cover a lot of their own college expenses, he and Val were quite comfortable and she hadn't even noticed the lack of bonus checks in the last few years. Instead of a surprise vacation, George began to wonder if he should buy a mid-life crisis sports car or find some fun fling as a sideline at a business conference or something to relieve the emptiness he was feeling. What about scoping out the options at work? Maybe he could find someone that would appreciate his unused talent for eating pussy?