The Changeling Baby

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
TamLin01
TamLin01
391 Followers

Did she do something to me, he thought? Am I poisoned? His clothes grew tight around his body. He was suffocating!

William struggled to the bathroom door, and when he saw his own hand on the knob he finally realized what was happening.

"No," he said, voice trembling. "No, no, no!"

He opened the door. He went to the mirror. He looked.

He screamed.

***

It was an hour before his parents came home, and it was sundown before they started to worry about him. He wanted to say something to reassure them, but he didn't. He just watched them pace and cry and argue.

He was three feet away, but they never realized he was there. He knew now how the trolls kept hidden: They could only be seen when they called attention to themselves. So long as William stayed very still and made little noise, no one even knew he was here. It seemed better that way.

He watched them talk to the police. Eventually they fell asleep on the couch, exhausted, his mother's head in his father's lap. When he was sure they were completely out he approached, quietly, and put a hand on his mother's pregnant belly.

The baby stirred. There was noise behind him but he didn't turn around. He felt the troll father put one hand on his shoulder, the troll mother's hand on the other. "How are you feeling?" said the troll father.

"I'm not sure," William said. It was hard to talk: His mouth felt too big, and his teeth stuck out. He'd get used to it eventually, he assumed.

"Would you like to say goodbye to them?" said the troll mother. "We could make you look human again, for a few minutes..."

William shook his head. "It wouldn't matter." The troll father sighed.

"We tried to tell you," he said.

"I know," said William. He paused. Then: "Tell me now."

"We did the exchange years ago," said the troll father. "We took the human baby and left you in its place, the way it's always been done. But you were supposed to come back to us. For some reason, you didn't."

"So many times we wanted to come and tell you the truth," said the troll mother. "But we couldn't find a way to break the charm that made you seem human. It should have worn off on its own, and when it didn't..." She trailed off.

"What finally did the trick?" William said.

"Nissa," said the troll mother. "Her kiss broke the spell. It was the one thing you never had: affection."

"Who is she?"

"One of us," the troll mother said. "Someone who agreed to look after you."

William's hand dashed tears away from his eyes. "Why did you do it?" he said. "Why the switch? Why leave me? What's the point?"

"It's part of the magic," said the troll father. "The fairy child is a charm that makes the human parents forget that they ever had a baby. To make it easier on them."

"And when the spell is done, the fairy child comes back home," the troll mother said.

"Except I didn't," William said. "What about the...the real baby?"

"We raised him as one of us, of course," said the troll father. "He's eager to finally meet his brother."

"And this one?" He gestured to his mother's belly. "Will you take it, too?"

"No," said the troll mother. "We'll leave them alone now."

"They did raise you, after all, as best as they knew how," said the troll father.

William swallowed hard. "Okay," he said. And he turned to look at his real parents. They hugged him tight.

"Are you ready?" said the troll mother. William nodded.

"Then let's go home."

TamLin01
TamLin01
391 Followers