The Choosing Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How? How could it be broken?" I feared the joy that bubbled within me. I could not risk believing that something so remarkable had occurred.

"The Prince," Hatha said staring at Nadar. "He is Sarran and Vandarran. A mix of both worlds. He was the antidote. The tether forces a bond with only one, but you gave it two."

I understood at once what the magic that hung above us had been. I grinned. Stepping towards Nadar I held out my arms to embrace him in joy. He stepped back, his face closed and guarded. "You're free Mistress Vessel."

Mistress Vessel? What happened to Talia? What did he mean?

He turned away from me, to Hatha. "The Vessel is free. Pure of choice as she should be. You can return her to her people. We will give you safe passage and the protection of the house of Roth."

Return me? He'd sent me free and his first thought was to let me go? Make me go?

Joy sank into sorrow at the painful truth of his words.

Alone. I was once more unloved and alone.

- - - - - - - -

One more chapter to go! Thanks to all of you who've stuck around for the ride. Especially those of you who took the time to comment. I do so love your thoughts.

Be sweet,

Darcy

xx

12