The Chosen One Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

Laura shifted excitedly in her seat. "Banana sounds so yummy!"

The woman went off to retrieve the order, leaving Kristine and Laura alone to scan the menus. Laura ran her finger down the numerous pictures of available dishes and moaned, her searching eyes stopping on one item, then moving to the next as she flipped the page quickly and continued.

Kristine placed her menu on the table and studied the décor on the wall they faced. Most of the items had to do with Irish heritage, and she giggled as her eyes stopped on a plaque about Notre Dame University. "Good thing Adam isn't here."

Laura looked up. "Why's that? I thought you liked being seen in public with a guy built like a gladiator."

Kristine giggled again and leaned back against the cushion rest. "Oh I do, dear. It's just that he went to Ohio State and they absolutely despise Notre Dame," she said as she pointed to the wall.

Laura got a puzzled look on her face as she glanced at the plaque and then back to her friend. "I thought they hated Michigan?"

"They do, sweetie, but the Fighting Irish are a very close second," she replied with a hearty laugh.

Their conversation was interrupted by the server standing next to the table. "Sorry for the wait, ladies; here are your drinks. My name is Julie and I'll be helping you with your lunch order today. Our specials this afternoon are a lunchtime serving of Corned Beef and Cabbage served with a side salad and vegetable, we also have a very nice Shepherd's pie with green beans and soda bread."

Kristine licked her lips in anticipation of her selection. "I'll take the Corned Beef with ranch for the dressing for the salad, and the vegetable of the day."

"Oh excellent choice, Ma'am; trust me, it's to die for." Then turning to Laura, she inquired, "And for you, Miss?"

Laura studied the menu once more, but failed to reach a decision. "Oh, it all looks so good. Um – can I have the Lamb stew with a Cottage Pie, along with a side of champ? That champ comes with fresh green onions doesn't it?"

Julie laughed to herself as she heard the order and wondered where the small female was going to put all that food. "Yes, Ma'am, it does. You also get a chef salad with the Cottage Pie."

Laura fidgeted in her seat as she pondered the choice. "How about just a side salad with green peppers and onions; oh... and carrots. If you have any mushrooms you need to get rid of, then throw those on, maybe some celery, cucumbers, and bacon. I'm dying for bacon."

Kristine saw the smirk on the server's face and leaned forward. "She's pregnant, so feel free to bring a box for the left overs."

Julie laughed and headed on her way to fill the order. Kristine looked around and studied what she could see; her back was against the entrance and the rest of the bar so she looked over the partition and studied the room quickly.

Returning her attention to her friend, she picked up her coffee and took a small sip. After swallowing the strong drink, she shook her head as the spiked coffee hit her senses. "Wow, how about some coffee in the whiskey next time."

Laura laughed and then took a small drink of her daiquiri. "What did you expect in an Irish pub?"

Kristine leaned back and sighed. "So, have you thought about a church yet? Some of the nicer ones have a waiting list of almost a year. Then there's the reception and you and Kevin need to think about a honeymoon spot. You could always consider where Adam and I..."

"There's something I have to tell you, Kristine," Laura said as she played with the melting ice on the outside of her glass. "I know you're excited about all this, but Kevin and I talked it over."

Kristine leaned over to her friend and placed her hand on top of Laura's small delicate one. "Oh, honey, I'm sorry. I'm just so excited for both of you, if I'm butting in then you just say the word and I'll stop."

"It's not that, Kristine, it's just that I want a small ceremony; a Justice of the Peace or something and you and Adam. You're the only real friend I have other than Kevin's teammates. It's only right that you be by my side when we get married."

Kristine grabbed her friend and held her close as she started to tear up. "Oh, Sweetie, it would be an honor standing next to you."

Suddenly, their embrace was interrupted when the pair of women felt someone sit next to them. Kristine let her friend go and stared at the old woman. "I'm sorry can we help..."

The old woman smiled as she placed her cane in her lap and looked back at Kristine. There was something vaguely familiar about the elderly woman and Kristine searched through her memories to make a connection. "I know her from somewhere."

Laura didn't understand why a seemingly sweet old lady would sit next to them. With a bewildered look, she first searched the stranger's face and then Kristine's. Laura watched as Kristine slid further around the booth, away from the intruder.

Kristine grabbed Laura's arm and pulled her over next to her as she continued to lock eyes with the uninvited guest. Their server broke the eerie silence as Julie moved next to the smiling old woman.

"Good afternoon, Ma'am, may I get you something to drink?" she asked as she pulled out her small notepad.

The old woman broke eye contact with Kristine and smiled at the server. "Oh no thank you, dear. I just stopped by to say hello to an old friend." She looked over toward the now fearful Laura. "And to finally meet a new one it seems."

As Julie moved away, the elderly woman returned her steady gaze to Kristine. "I'm very impressed with your memory...Miss Duka."

When Kristine heard her maiden name, she had a glimmer of hope that the woman across from them was unaware of Adam. If that was true, it could be used to finally take down the woman they had been searching for.

Kristine held her stare. "What do you want?"

Laura didn't understand why her friend was so defensive and turned to look at the new arrival. "I don't know who you are, but if you don't leave, I'll...I'll call the manager over."

The old woman laughed, but as it pierced Laura's ears, it had an evil ring to it. "And what would you tell him...Laura? That an old, fragile woman is picking on you two much younger ones?" She turned to Kristine. "I can sense the hatred in your heart. How will you explain to the manager that you attacked an old lady?"

"In your case – Nadia – I'll think of something," Kristine said with loathing in her tone.

When Laura heard the name, she remembered what Franklin had told the group. A little old lady, being able to read the medallion; a woman capable of killing a werewolf; someone named Nadia that would come for her soul mate.

Laura jumped as the thoughts ran through her mind and moved even closer to Kristine and away from the intruder. "Leave us alone; get out of here; I swear I'll scream."

Nadia smiled at Laura, her slightly yellowing teeth, seeming even more hideous surrounded by the bright red lipstick she wore. "Oh calm yourself, Laura. This is just meant to get to know you, that's all. I mean, I can just imagine all the horrible things that Franklin and his group of incompetents have told you. By the way, how is old One Eye doing these days?"

Kristine could feel Laura begin to tremble and held her close. "I don't know what kind of – monster – you are, but I can assure you, Kevin is going to enjoy ripping your fucking throat out."

"Kristine, is that anyway to talk to your elders? Such language in front of someone so young, so delicate," she said in a reprimanding tone.

"You can kiss my ass, Bitch," Kristine shot back.

Nadia shifted in her seat as she smiled at the two visibly distraught women. "If that's the way you want to act you arrogant human, then you shall have it." Nadia turned to look at the frightened soul mate of her enemy. "If you live long enough to get home, you tell the so-called, Chosen One, there is no place on earth to hide from me. I will kill him, slowly I might add, before the date of..."

"Kevin isn't afraid of you, you wicked, old witch," Laura spat at her.

"Temper, temper my young child. You don't want to start something you are very incapable of finishing. Tell him to marry you before I get to him, at least that way you may have his last name before I kill you, too," Nadia told her in a soft, but threatening voice.

Laura reached deep within herself and found the courage to stand up to the evil sitting at their table. "You even think about coming after me, there will nothing he won't do to track you down, rip out your fucking heart, and eat it as he watches you die."

Nadia laughed her sinister laugh as she stared at the foolish human. "My young Laura, you fail to fully comprehend the situation that he faces. Maybe this will help you better understand?"

As the two women looked on, Nadia's image of an old woman flickered in and out of focus as if another image was trying to take its place. They watched as her eyes turned to the color of coal, then back to a dazzling shade of blue. The smile she wore, replaced by sharp jagged teeth, her skin appearing as charred flesh.

The image began to shimmer more, like ripples on a calm lake; first to come into focus was the appearance of a hideous monster, then a wrinkled faced woman. Every time the face of the fallen angel appeared, it seemed even more frightening than the last. Finally, the face of the benevolent old woman remained, and Nadia laughed as fear gripped the women.

Laura was horror-struck and tears streamed down her face in distress. "What – what – in God's name are you?"

Nadia leaned closer as the two terrified women cringed against the backrest. "You insignificant, little human bitch; I am death, I am the dark one; I am also the one who will rip your precious mate to pieces and claim that which is rightfully mine. I am the kindly old woman who is going to tear your unborn child from your very womb."

Nadia turned to Kristine. "As for you," the fallen angel menaced. "If your husband, Adam, gets in my way, I will not hesitate to take his life earlier than planned. Yes, I do know about him – Mrs. Dawson."

Nadia slid out of the seat and grabbed her cane. "Ladies, it has been fun chatting with you, but I really must go now." As Nadia leaned toward them, she flashed her dreadful smile. "Good luck trying to get home, you two; I'll be watching."

Julie watched the old woman walk away, as she pushed her small cart toward the table. "Here you are, ladies," she said as she served their order. "Is there anything else I can get you?" The shocked faces of the two huddled women confused her.

Kristine moved her head as she looked at the bewildered server. "I – I need a – a phone; right – now."

Naval Special Warfare Group Two, Naval Amphibious Base, Little Creek, Virginia.

Petty Officer Second Class Richards flipped the page on the rating manual he was studying while on watch in the duty office. Remembering all the training and procedures to be a Navy SEAL was hard enough, to throw an upcoming rating exam on top of all that; grueling.

Looking over the various electrical equations, his thoughts ran wild about the expected outcome of the test. "Who, the fuck, cares about current and voltage? Why can't I have a test on how to put an AK-47 together, blindfolded?"

The annoyed Petty Officer's thoughts were shattered as the ringing telephone caused him to drop his manual. He picked up the handset as he looked down at the discarded book. "SEAL Team Two; Petty Officer Richards speaking; how can I help you?"

The frantic voice on the other end of the line startled the young SEAL as he listened to her quivering voice. "I'm sorry, Ma'am, he's on..." He had to pull the phone away from his ear as the loud voice boomed over the airwaves.

The day watch for the duty office was just about to hang up when the female voice on the other end of the line finally stated her name. "Hang on, Ma'am; I'll put you through right away. He may not answer. If he doesn't, you call me back, right away."

Little Creek Base shooting range

Five muscular men, dressed in crisp fatigues, fired their 9mm Sig Sauer handguns at the paper targets down range. An older SEAL, with much more training than the men he watched over, stood behind them with a small pair of binoculars and looked over the outcome of the five round rapid shoot.

When the Navy SEAL saw the outcome, he took his own Sig Sauer from behind his back and pulled one of the men roughly off the line. In one swift motion, he clicked off the safety and fired five speedy rounds through the black paper circle. All five rounds destroyed the small letter X in the center of the target.

The old SEAL pushed the small button on the side and allowed the clip to slide free as he reached down and slid a fresh magazine into the butt of the weapon. "That's how I want it done, you fucking girl scouts! If you can't do better than an inch spread at twenty five yards you're no use to me on this team; that includes you, Werner," Bob Holiday shouted.

The bright red light and annoying buzzer broke Senior Chief Bob Holiday from his reprimand of the SEAL members trying for a spot on Alpha Fire Team. The seasoned veteran walked hurriedly towards an old style black phone and picked up the handset, but held it against his chest. "You, ugly-looking nuns, reload and get ready to try it again."

Bob brought the handset up as he watched the men drop their clips and slam fresh ones home. "This is Holiday, what the fuck are you doing interrupting my training session?" Bob listened for a few moments, his face taking on a worried look. "God damn right I'll wait, patch her through, you moron."

Bob waited as he watched the SEALs point their weapons down range and wait for instructions. He was caught off guard when he heard Kristine Dawson's shaking voice. He had known her for a few years now, and this was the first time he ever heard her sound this fearful.

He let Kristine talk for just a few moments, but stopped her when she began repeating herself. "Kristine, listen. Kristine, just stop for a moment. Where are you?" Bob shook his head and then snapped his fingers toward the other SEALs. "Okay, listen to me; you and Laura just sit tight. I want you to remain around other people as much as you can; don't go outside the building under any circumstances; I'm coming to get you, Kristine, just hang on."

Holiday slammed the phone down hard, then reached down into the ammunition can and took out four fully loaded clips and stuffed them into his pocket. Turning to the puzzled SEALs, he looked at them with a grim face. "Listen up, everyone. Someone just threatened Mrs. Dawson and Dvorska's girlfriend. They're scared shitless and we're going to go get them."

Carl ran over to the table and grabbed extra clips. "Stock up, guys. Now! Jenkins, Bissell; you're with me. Harley, Monk; you ride shotgun with Senior. Move it, gentlemen!"

**********

Kristine held Laura close as she scanned the busy corridor full of tourists. With their backs up against the wall, they both turned and looked in either direction as they search for two people; a grey-haired, little, old lady, and Senior Chief Bob Holiday.

She glanced down at her watch. Bob had hung up the phone twelve minutes ago. "It'll be just a few more minutes, honey, before Bob gets here. Don't worry, we'll be alright. Just stay calm and we'll be home before you know it," Kristine babbled as she continued to search the crowd. "Sure could use one of those council guys right about now."

**********

Two black sedans screeched to a stop just in front of the lower entrance doors of Waterside Festival Marketplace. As the doors flew open, six burly men wearing camouflage fatigues jumped out and scanned the area, then they all moved to the brick covered entrance way.

Bob Holiday turned to his hastily assembled team. "Carl, you got point. Look for them somewhere near Quinn's; Harley, you got rear security. This isn't a fucking drill guys; move!

Carl progressed quickly to the door, his eyes roaming back and forth. "Team, on my ass; now!"

**********

Laura kept looking around, trying very hard not to show how scared she really was. "He's not coming is he? Maybe Nadia got to him before he could get to us?"

Kristine squeezed her tighter. "Nonsense, Honey. He'll be here, I know he will."

The two women kept looking for their SEAL friend, but Kristine knew it would be difficult to find him amongst all the moving people. She held her friend close as she scrutinized the throng of people. Suddenly she saw a tall black man dressed in military fatigues followed by five more SEALs dressed just like him. She nudged Laura and reached her hand as high over her head as she could; waving franticly. "Carl, over here!"

The six men moved even faster through the crowd; moving people out of their way as gently as they could. When the group reached their intended targets, both women clung to Carl and Bob. The rest of the men formed a protective shield, glaring at anyone who stopped and stared.

Bob pushed Kristine back, holding her at arm's length. "You two okay? Are you able to move?"

Kristine sighed as relief began to fill her. "God, I'm glad to see you, Bob. Get us the fuck out of here."

"Carl, you got Laura; I'll take Kristine. Jenkins, Monk; you got package security. Bissell, get us back to the cars; move!" Bob ordered his team with a gruff voice.

Four SEALs surrounded the two women as Jenkins led them through the crowd. Petty Officer Harley stayed a few feet behind the group, looking over his shoulder to see if anyone was following them with intent to start something they would be sorry for in the morning.

It only took a few moments to reach the exit doors. As Greg Bissell pulled the door open, he stepped to the side and allowed the others to step out into the bright sunny afternoon. Jenkins was the first to exit and moved to the passenger side door; Monk did the same for Holiday's car.

As Kristine was about to slide into the seat, she backed up quickly and began looking around at the people walking down the sidewalk. "Bob, we've got a problem."

As the SEALs heard Kristine's statement they all began looking around, hoping not to have to pull out their weapons in public. Bob placed his rough hand on Kristine's back just in case he would have to push her to the ground for safety. "What's the matter, Kristine? We need to go!"

Kristine looked once again in the back seat; the wooden cane presenting a menacing omen. "That's her cane, Bob, she knows you're here."

"I don't understand. Whose cane?" Bob asked as he kept scanning the surroundings.

Kristine took a deep breath, and then slowly let it out. "Nadia Karpov."

His intense training was the only thing keeping him from losing control of the tense situation. "We can't trust the vehicles, guys. Carl, you and your group take that taxi over there; we'll take Kristine in this one ahead of us. Meet us at Dawson's house and if you run into any trouble – kill anyone getting in your way."

The two groups separated and moved quickly toward their objectives. After the two cabs pulled away, a stunning blond haired woman stepped out from behind a nearby tree. Nadia watched the vehicles leave the area, as the men in both taxis peered out the rear window.

"That should rattle their cages a bit," she said with an evil laugh as she turned to walk down the busy sidewalk toward downtown Norfolk.


I hope everyone enjoyed that chapter. Please don't forget to vote, and as always, leave me a comment so I know how the editor and I did. One important thing about the upcoming mission. This is a work of fiction so don't go crazy about how much trouble I could get in. Hopefully, you will all get a laugh on how I pull it off. Thanks for reading and I'll get the next chapter out soon.

boneams
boneams
739 Followers