The Chosen One Ch. 09

Story Info
The fight for the Lycanthrope medallion.
7.1k words
4.79
14.9k
21

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 07/10/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
boneams
boneams
739 Followers

I would like to thank my editor, Julie, for another fabulous job; you're the greatest. Also to the fan's and first time readers for following along with Kevin's last adventure.

Crook's Creek pub, Predjama, Slovenia.

Walking behind her husband, Kristine Dawson carried the left over apple torte as the wedding party made their way around all the well-wishers. Laura kept stopping to thank them, while Kevin silently begged his new wife to walk faster so they could leave. Once they were all outside, Kevin wrapped his arm around the woman to whom he had pledged his life.

Adam followed his friend's lead and wrapped his own powerful arm around his wife. The night air was cool and he could feel the small goose bumps on her arm. "Think we can find some jackets in the castle?"

Kristine snuggled against her mate and smiled to herself. "I think if we're cold we should cuddle with each other under a big fluffy comforter."

"Your idea of cuddle causes the comforter to, somehow, end up on the floor."

With his heightened sense of hearing, Kevin could hear the conversation between his two friends. The human-formed werewolf began to wonder whether to call it an early night or perhaps open just one bottle of the castle's very expensive wine.

When he turned to look at Laura, he saw that she was gazing at him with unfathomable love and affection. "And how are you feeling tonight, Mrs. Dvorska."

Laura sighed deeply and continued to gaze into the eyes of her soul mate. "I love hearing you call me that. I don't want this night to end."

After checking to see if anyone could overhear him, Kevin grinned and looked at his new wife. "I don't have much control over that. I'm a werewolf, not Father Time."

Kevin paused in his walk back to the castle and held his lover close. He looked over at Adam as he and Kristine joined him in marveling at the majesty of the castle under the illuminating spotlights. They took in the breath-taking view and admired the way the lights made it seem as if the castle were a living, breathing entity.

There was a calming silence around them, and the two couples smiled to each other, as they knew their bond of friendship would span a lifetime. After a few moments of reverence, they continued on their way home. Kevin was thankful that the few tourists that milled about left the group alone and they continued unmolested past the gates.

Upon reaching the small drawbridge, Kevin stopped and suddenly picked up the freshly married Mrs. Dvorska. "They say that carrying your bride across the threshold is good luck. I don't know what effect a drawbridge and a threshold will have, but I'm sure it's the same."

Adam rushed up and pulled out his spare key that Kristine had given him. After opening the wooden door, he dashed back over the drawbridge and made way for Kevin. He was all smiles as he watched his friend enter the castle, then walked his own lovely wife inside and shut the door.

Laura's feet had barely touched the floor when she fell into Kevin's arms and kissed him soundly. He watched her step back and slowly twirl around with her arms extended out. "I take it that you're happy I surprised you with a wedding."

She stopped twirling and gazed lovingly in his eyes. "Thank you for making me the happiest woman in the world."

Kristine sighed as she watched the love between her two friends. "You two are going to make me cry again. I'll put this leftover torte in the refrigerator. Those apples were delicious, and I want some for tomorrow."

Adam walked over to Kevin and patted him on the back. "How about we crack open one of those bottles of wine we're not supposed to have?"

"I was thinking the same thing. I'll be right back."

Adam went over to the antique couch and sat down while Laura skipped happily to the kitchen for a bottle of water. He laughed inside as he thought about how happy she would be tomorrow when she explored more of the castle as Mrs. Dvorska.

Kevin returned with an expensive bottle of wine and three glasses. After Kristine and Laura returned, the two couples sat next to each other and talked about their futures.

The conversation took a turn toward a more embarrassing topic as Kristine brought up the subject of the Knighting ceremony that had taken place earlier that evening. "I bet the rest of your team will pay good money for a copy of those photos, Kevin."

Kevin lowered his head slightly and glared at her. "And I'd pay good money to have them all destroyed."

**********

Alina looked at her watch. She wanted to give the drug-laced apples time to take effect. The only problem she had was if she waited too long, the drugs would wear off and she would have to kill her prey immediately. The curiosity of whether or not he was as capable as legend would have it was too enticing to resist.

The young woman walked from the small kitchen and approached the bar where the chubby, balding owner was stacking some freshly cleaned bar glasses. "Excuse me, Mr. Kocbek, I was wondering, since I came in early to decorate, would it be alright if I head home for the night?"

Kocbek smiled at the young girl. Her dedication and enthusiasm about making a small reception special for the young couple had brought in a good deal money to the small pub. "Alina, I have never seen you work harder than you did tonight. You've earned the right to head home early. I'll close up tonight."

She blushed at the compliment and took off her apron. After placing it on the glossy bar, she happily walked toward the door. Just before she reached the bat wing doors, she glanced over to her right and saw the arrogant blonde-haired woman watching her.

Alina gave her a fake smile and stepped closer. "The pub will be closing soon. Shouldn't you be heading home?"

The woman kept her eyes on the young server. "I just find it curious that you were so attentive to that particular group of patrons. They must hold a special place in your heart."

The doppelganger giggled as she kept up her appearance as a harmless young waitress. "It seems as if I've known them all my life, so yes, they are very special to me." She let the retort hang in the air as she left the pub and stepped into the cool, evening air.

Luckily, the home of the real Alina Vaclav was just down the street from the diner and pub at which she worked. Reaching into her pocket, she produced a brass key and inserted it into the lock. Just before she opened the door, Alina turned and looked behind her. The same blonde -haired woman was watching her from across the street.

She smiled at the woman but had other thoughts on her mind. "If you get in my way tonight bitch, you'll be first on the body count," she muttered as she pushed the door open and entered the small house.

The young woman locked the door and then turned on the light in the tiny living room. She looked over at the young woman whose soft green eyes were wide with fright. She was strapped to a small wooden chair with a large piece of tape over her mouth. "And how are we doing, Alina? Enjoying your day off?"

She struggled against her bonds and screamed into the tape. When she found that she was unable to escape, she began to cry and looked at Nadia with a pleading look. Her tears began to flow freely down her cheeks as she watched the woman, who had stolen her identity, laugh cruelly.

Nadia approached the weeping youngster and brushed her matted hair away from her face. "You humans are horribly weak. You struggle and cry over what is inevitable and then pray to -- Him -- for help. I hate to say hello and then run, but I have to go and kill your little friend. I'll be back later for you."

Nadia moved over to a long black leather bag and unzipped it. She widened the opening and gazed upon the object inside as if she were in love with the item. "Hello, my old friend. Tonight you and I shall become invincible. Once I get what is rightfully mine, nothing will be able to stop us."

Moving to the front window, the fallen angel pulled the curtain aside and looked out to the nearly deserted street. She wasn't concerned about the people who happened to be walking along the street, save one, the blonde-haired woman from the pub. "I guess she didn't want to lose her life; wise choice."

**********

The small group laughed as they continued to drink their beverages. Kevin and Laura were sitting across from their friends, and Kevin saw Kristine blink hard a few times and then shake her head. "Hey, Adam, I don't think your wife there can handle the wine."

"Is it hot in here or is it just me?" Kristine pulled at her shirt and continued to blink rapidly.

Laura pulled at her own shirt and got a strange look on her face. "It is getting hot in here, Kristine, and suddenly I feel like taking a nap."

Kevin's sense of danger was piqued as he watched Kristine set her glass down and laid her head in Adam's lap. He was about to say something to Adam when he saw his own wife lean back and lay her head against the contoured side of the love seat.

He looked back at Adam who was shaking his head as if trying to clear his vision. "This doesn't feel right, Adam. Something is very wrong."

Adam stood up, but as he did, he stumbled and had to reach out for a small table to try to steady himself. "We -- we have to -- have to go for..." Adam sunk to his knees as he fought to remain conscious. After a few moments, he lost the battle and slumped on the floor.

Kevin quickly rose on his own shaking legs. Through blurred vision, he made it to the small desk that was nearby and pulled out the Desert Eagle. He had trouble working his fingers on the safety but finally managed to release it. The room began to spin wildly, and his knees buckled, sending him to the floor. The large weapon wobbled in his hands as he pointed it toward the door. Darkness overtook him, and he collapsed into the abyss.

**********

To the average person walking along the street, it appeared as if an innocent young girl were walking along, heading to the castle on a cool fall night. Even the long black bag she held seemed nonthreatening.

A few tourists were still wandering around the parking area as the girl approached the castle. She looked at the massive stone structure and admired the view along with those snapping photographs of the illuminated citadel. Upon reaching the gates, she started to walk around the sightseers when she noticed one of the visitors get a strange look on her face.

She turned slightly and gave the older woman a youthful smile. "It's okay, Miss, I'm an old friend, and by now I bet they're wondering where I am."

The youth walked around the gate and headed to the front door. She took one look back and then reached for the door latch. When she found the door unlocked, she chuckled to herself. "Pretty sloppy with your security measures, Mr. Dvorska."

She slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside. "Hello, anybody home?" When no answer came, she closed the door and locked it. "Let's just make this a private party, shall we?"

Alina began the search for her quarry in the foyer and slowly moved through the lower level of the castle. Upon reaching the entrance to the lower study, an evil smile spread across her face when she discovered the sleeping forms of the four people. "Oh, poor babies got their tummies all full and decided to take a nap. I'm glad you liked the apple torte."

She started humming a happy tune as she opened the long black leather bag. Reaching in, she carefully pulled the katana out into plain sight. She stopped humming when she noticed the lights begin to flicker. "Oh look, finally, someone to greet me."

She pulled the ancient sword clear of its scabbard and in an instant the lights grew brighter. She ignored the warnings and stepped closer to the one man she had waited to fight for centuries. When she saw the Desert Eagle on the floor in front of Kevin, she kicked it away from him and back into the center of the room.

The fallen angel started to reach for her victim, when suddenly; a crystal decanter flew off the shelf and headed straight for her. With lightning fast reflexes, she dodged the object and laughed aloud. "So, it is true that this place is haunted. Nice try, but you won't stop me from my destiny."

As she reached down again, two silver stanchion posts with a thick, red velvet rope connecting them flew across the room. Her eyes darkened, and with a flick of her blade, the rope was sliced in two and the poles sailed by without entangling her. She looked around in annoyance. "If you don't mind, I'd like to get on with this."

She reached down and grabbed the back of Kevin's gray shirt. The buttons strained as his unconscious weight tested them to the breaking limit. Even though she wore the visage of a youthful girl, her unholy strength still existed and she easily dragged the Navy SEAL toward the entrance to the caves beneath them.

Stopping for just a moment after leaving the lower study, she looked back at the rest of the group as they lay about the room. "You three just wait here. I'll be back to say goodbye after I have a little fun with the Chosen One. If you're real good, I'll show you my shiny new medallion."

As she dragged Kevin along, she came upon a small table in the hall. On it, a large porcelain platter rested in a small wooden plate stand. Nadia chuckled, and then threw Kevin's limp body into it. As the table and platter shattered, she looked down at him. "Kevin, you really mustn't smash these priceless relics. People won't want to come and visit anymore."

She grabbed the back of his shirt again, and as she took a step forward, she felt something smash into her back. Nadia dropped him face first onto the broken platter and turned around. When she saw the old wooden coat stand lying broken on the floor, she laughed and once again took hold of Kevin's shirt.

Upon reaching the large painting, she released Kevin, and he crashed to the floor. "If memory serves, this should take me down to the Chosen One's final resting place." She pulled the painting open, only to have it slammed shut by an unseen force.

The evil fallen angel looked around with an exasperated expression. "Come on, really?" She held the katana at the ready and then slashed the irreplaceable painting to shreds. As the canvas fell to the wayside, she smiled. "I guess I'll make my own door."

With the entrance to the lower caves now open, she grabbed Kevin's hair and dragged him slightly forward. As the limp body followed along, she shoved Kevin's head into the frame of the once elegant painting. "Oops, I'm sorry, Mr. Dvorska. If we are to visit the caves, you really must be more careful; we wouldn't want you to hurt yourself now would we?"

With her ancient sword in one hand and Kevin's limp form in the other, Nadia continued making her way down the stone stairs. She continued her abuse of the sleeping man by dragging him face first down the rough steps. It was in this underground party room that she planned to wait for the once-talented point man of SEAL Team Six to awaken and begin the final fight for his life.

**********

A small underground stream flowed slowly past the opening to the party room. A small wooden bridge just beyond the stairs connected the medium sized cave to the only way back to the surface. Antique style lights jutted out from the stone and provided a soft yellow glow along the path.

Inside the cave, more lights lined the walls to keep the shadows at bay for guests. There were two long tables that were normally placed in the middle of the room and surrounded by an assortment of chairs. They now rested next to the roughly shaped walls that had been sculpted from centuries of water erosion.

Near the entrance to the cave, the small form of what appeared to be Alina sat patiently waiting. Perched on the edge of one of the chairs with her legs crossed, she was swinging her foot back and forth, staring at the muscular SEAL who lay on the cold, damp floor.

As Kevin came out of his drug-induced sleep, his strict training kicked in and without moving a muscle, he began to evaluate his situation. He knew he needed to remain still so as not to alert anyone, who happened to be nearby, that he had regained consciousness. Using all of his heightened senses, he detected the scent of another human in the vicinity.

The scent was familiar. It had to be Alina, but there was an undertone of another scent he didn't recognize. He realized that it couldn't be Alina. Not only was she not physically capable, but she had no reason to drug and drag him to the cave. Then the truth hit him hard, Nadia had found them.

Slowly he began to move his arms and legs, checking for incapacitating injuries. His movement was greeted with the scraping of a chair on the floor. After a brief moment, he felt someone's foot push him over onto his back. He blinked his eyes to clear his vision. The doppelganger of Alina with a katana strapped to her back came into view.

Nadia checked her watch and then smiled down at her victim. "It's about damn time, Kevin. I was starting to get bored."

Kevin pushed himself back from the evil creature and raised himself into a seated position on the floor. He was relieved when the woman made no effort to stop him. "You could have saved yourself a lot of trouble if you had just killed me while I was out."

She smiled and nodded her head. "Yes that's true. Call it a nagging curiosity, but I wanted to see if you're as good as you're supposed to be." The smile disappeared and she became quite serious. "Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to kill you, but in the interest of fairness, I'll let you have a sporting chance."

Kevin realized that if he were awake, then perhaps the others were regaining consciousness. "I need to stall and give Adam time to find me." The SEAL laughed at her as he remained on the floor. "Well, if you're convinced that you're going to kill me, would you mind answering a few questions for me?

"Oh, I suppose I could do that," she chuckled. "Just keep them to a minimum. I really am tired of waiting to claim my medallion you've been so graciously holding for me."

Kevin knew he needed to continue checking himself for injuries, so he gingerly stood up and stared at the young woman. "Did you already kill my friends and family?"

"They're still up in the castle sleeping, but rest assured, they'll never see another sunrise."

As Kevin brushed the dirt from his pants, he checked his arm movement and found them a little stiff. From the way his body felt, he knew she must have worked him over on the way down to the cave. "You're pretty resourceful, Nadia. I was sure you wouldn't find us here. How did you figure that out so quickly?"

Nadia laughed and touched the unseen feather under her shirt. "I do believe you've underestimated me yet again. I still have a few tricks up my sleeve despite taking a, let's call it, bad fall. I'm fortunate enough to still "see" where my quarry tries to hide. A quick flash of the castle told me all I needed to know to find you."

"I must hand it to you; I really thought I'd pulled it off at the airport." Kevin walked around a bit as he tried to stall and shake off the effects of the drug. "I'm assuming you can take the form of anyone you want. What happened to the real Alina?"

"She's at home. After seeing you with her yesterday, I knew she was the way to get close to you. It took some coaxing, but she finally relented and told me about the wedding party."

"So, she's alive?"

Nadia chuckled and began circling Kevin. "At the moment, yes, but she'll soon face her demise just as you are about to."

Kevin shook his head in mock amusement as he stared at the prowling woman. "I'm pretty sure you'll find that I'm a formidable opponent. This won't be like fighting Franklin."

Nadia came to a stop and glared at the human-formed werewolf. She was growing tired of this cat and mouse game. "Then let me show you what you'll be up against, you arrogant fool."

boneams
boneams
739 Followers
12