The Christmas Job

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She put a small, manicured hand to her forehead and rubbed. "Alex, I hate to talk business tonight, but since we're already on the subject... You know big changes are coming at Whitney, an official change of hands soon. The cancer treatments have almost put me out of commission ... It's almost time for me to hand all the reigns over to Robert."

He bristled, not caring if Virginia felt it. Her son taking over Whitney was the only thing they'd ever fought about.

She dropped her hand in her lap. "I know you and some of the others have misgivings about how he does things, but he is effective."

He wanted to laugh, but suppressed the urge. No use getting her more upset. There were all those times he'd tried to warn her about Robert in the past, and she wouldn't hear it. Virginia was stuck in denial about many things.

He'd disliked Robert the first time he'd first met the spoiled, cocky teenager who acted like he already ran the world, and Alex was sure the feeling was mutual.

As Robert grew into a man, he became more hotheaded and slimy, and when he started working at Whitney, he brought his friends in with him. They were all alike. But there was something in Robert that Alex hadn't encountered in other people at the agency.

He was sadistic...cruel. Power-hungry and unstable. John Whitney had never said anything, but Alex recognized that the old man had been a little afraid of his son.

Alex knew what was coming.

Dread trickled down him at the thought of Robert having full power at Whitney. When Virginia made it official, he could imagine the terrors Robert would rain down, and Alex would be one of those dealing it out for him.

"Come on, Alex. Give him a chance. He's over your Preston assignment tomorrow."

"I know."

She laughed. "You could have a bit more enthusiasm."

"Why doesn't he send Juliette?"

She shrugged. "Don't complain, you know you're getting paid double for the holiday."

"I haven't cared about money in a long time. I don't want to leave you. I was hoping we could spend all of Christmas together. I know Robert wants to keep us apart."

"Don't be paranoid, dear. It's true he's pretty bossy with everyone now, but eventually it'll be the friendly office you remember. He'll settle down after a little while."

Alex took a breath and released it. "He tortures for the fun of it. Kills for the fun of it."

She stiffened for a moment, then relaxed. There was a mirthful tone in her voice. "Some would say you're the most ruthless person at Whitney. They don't call you Alex 'Killer' for nothing..." She paused, expectantly. "Alex Kohler."

"I do what I have to do."

He turned to Virginia and wondered how much longer he'd be alive. He never doubted his ability to do a job. But with Robert, he would have complications to deal with that had never been a concern before. He rubbed a hand down his clean-shaven face.

She cleared her throat. "Your assignment tomorrow..."

"Catherine Preston, goes by Cathy. Age 29, Richmond, Virginia..."

The pictures in the file had shown a slim, pretty woman with straight brown hair to her shoulders and huge brown eyes that tipped up in the corners, making her appear sweet, innocent.

He knew better than anyone that an innocent face was an effective mask.

He was tall and solidly built, but he didn't have the rugged or ruthless look some people associated with his line of work. He figured when people saw him in his dark suits, they thought "middle manager", though Virginia insisted his eyes said something else.

He went on. "Cathy's brother, Charles, attained damaging info on Whitney, intent to use it against the agency. He had a video among other incriminating evidence, all of it on a flash drive. Our operative, Juliette, took him out, but the data wasn't recovered. It's in Cathy's hands. You want me to recite the whole file on her?"

He could do it. He always learned everything about his target, committing it all to memory. Besides being a necessity, it was a point of pride with him.

"No, I know you're ready. I can always trust you to take down any enemy of my agency."

"I always will."

Virginia reached over, picked up her glass of water, and took a sip before she spoke again. Her blue eyes narrowed. "Charles Preston was just one more person hellbent on dragging my agency under. Miss Preston knows too much, has all that information with her. We have to move on her before it's too late."

"I understand perfectly. But I still don't understand, why me? I'm surprised Robert didn't give this to Juliette, or even somebody new."

"I know it seems way below your level of skill and expertise. But Robert wanted you, only you. He says this has to go off flawlessly. Of course I approve of him sending you. I need my best for this job."

"I won't do it for him. For you, I will. You know I'll get what you want and dispose of her."

Virginia smiled. "Yes, I know. You're a treasure, dear." Her voice was lighter, and her hand was between his legs. She was ready to play again.

An upbeat Christmas pop song came on, and Virginia's slim hips began to sway to the cheery music. He leaned forward on the couch, taking her empty glass and setting it on the floor.

"...all I want for Christmas is you," she sang, and then broke out in giggles when he looked back at her. She always thought it was funny that she couldn't carry a tune.

Now he was unable to tear his eyes away from her face -lit with joy and free of pain. He wanted to stop her life right in that moment...let that happy glow be the only thing she ever felt, now and forever.

He turned toward her and rolled up the sleeves of the white shirt that had slipped down his forearms. "I'm skeptical about this vacation. It sounds too good to be true. Two months away by ourselves."

"As soon as you complete your assignment..."

"I can't wait to get started." He unbuttoned his pants.

"Are you talking about your job, or about making love to me?"

"Both." He was on top of her then, but holding his weight off her, barely pressing on her slight body.

She screeched and giggled, delight etched in every line on her face.

His motions were slow and careful, but he was in control. He took both her tiny wrists in one hand and raised them over her head, pinning her down. His other hand spread open the silk top to expose her breasts. He ripped her pajama bottoms down her legs and tossed them on the floor.

"You won't marry me, but you want me to fuck you, Mrs. Whitney," he murmured, nuzzling his lips against a pink nipple.

She shivered as he knew she would. She had as much a penchant for dirty talk as she did for dangerous men.

"I do," she said, though he was already sliding into her.

12