The Company Ch. 03b

Story Info
A demon fights for his mate.
1.8k words
4.55
24.5k
13

Part 4 of the 7 part series

Updated 10/31/2022
Created 05/04/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers

How do you tell your boss and best friend to fuck off? You know, while keeping your ass intact I mean. I was seriously worried about Jonathon as he paced the room, Marie hadn't fully woken yet and the suspense was obviously getting to him. Not only was his pacing annoying, but it was making me dizzy.

"Jonathon, either sit down or leave. I really don't want you here when she wakes anyway. I think it would be much better if you allowed her to be gradually introduced to you instead of throw into what is going on. Don't fucking look at me like that damn it!

You know I'm right and that's the only thing pissing you off, so why don't you do as I say and not piss off the only one that can help her."

Well shit, that works too. Who knew Michael had a mouth on him like that? I've known Michael for years and the worst I've heard him mutter was shit, well now that's out the window too. Something is off in this place and I'm not too sure I want to know what the hell it is.

This room alone hums with a buzzing of power that hasn't yet been controlled. It feels like at any minute the room is going to just combust or something. It's usually what you feel around a newly turned day walker or vampire, too much power for a youngling so to speak.

I watched Jonathon brood for a moment before his body slumped in acceptance.

"Come on Jonathon, we both need to feed before anything exciting happens. What do you say we have some human food, then feed our other sides as well, hmm?"

He nodded, it had been too long since he last fed for him to do anything else. Hell, he was doing good not to be slumped over something dying.

Three days have past since Michael called me in to Marie's room. She had in fact come out of the coma, but her body was still in shock and Michael was beginning to worry about the way she was healing.

See, humans heal much slower than the supernatural. I, for one, can get injured in a fight and depending on the damage, heal in a matter of hours instead of the weeks it often takes humans. Marie wasn't healing like she should be, no, instead she was healing more along the lines of a youngling. Quicker than human, but slower than demon of any kind.

Upon Jonathon's consent, Michael took a sample of Marie's blood and tested it for powers of any kind. The findings were inconclusive but showed no signs of supernatural at all. So the secret behind Marie's current healing was unknown, but not unwelcomed.

"Ryan, I feel something coming. It's not bad or threatening, but it's going to change a lot of things around here. It's only growing stronger, as if it were approaching and I thought I should warn you. I don't want this to go any further than this elevator, but I think something is coming for you and what's odd is that I feel it even stronger when I am near Marie. I felt you should know."

I took in his face carefully. His expression showed his fear, pain, devotion and exhaustion. His body was failing him since he had failed to nurture it. His eyes were a deep black and surrounded by even darker circles.

"Jesus Jonathon, you look like hell. Thank god Michael threw you out to go eat something, you would have scared that girl to hell and back looking like you do now."

"Thanks... you're too damn kind Ryan."

"You knew what I meant damn it. I'm only looking out for you, and right now we're getting some food in that empty gut of yours."

We made our way down to the kitchen of the mansion and Jonathon feasted on bags of blood to up his resistance and his energy. See, Jonathon isn't only a demon, in fact he's a day walker and demon combined, which is a dangerous combo if you ask me. Each bag he downed was like taking an eraser to the deep colors of his face, leaving him look refreshed and young again.

Once he had settled down with a glass of brandy, I knew it was safe to ask my questions.

"Tell me about this 'change' coming. What are we talkin' here?"

He put his glass down slowly and stared at its contents for a minute or two.

"Look, I'm not sure exactly what this means to be honest. All I can say is that I feel something, or someone new coming that is going to bring some changes and not all are bad. I can feel it around you which makes me believe something is going to happen involving you, but like I said, it's not going to be bad. You're going to fight it at first, but you'll give in to it happily."

His smug look made me want to puke. What the hell could be coming that would bring change to the company and personally affect me at the same time? There's only one thing I can think of that would bring change to... Oh fuck a duck.

"You're not saying tha..."

I was cut off by Jonathon's phone ringing.

"We'll be right there. Don't do anything until I say so."

He merely glanced at me before he was out of his chair and moving towards the door. I naturally fell in step with him and awaited what was coming.

"We have to go, Trevor is trying to escape, which we both know is not allowed."

********

I could hear the faintest, most annoying beeping sound ever created. My eyes felt heavy and uncooperative to say the least. I could hear someone shuffling around the room and I then felt something circular and cold touch my chest. Fear shot through me and my eyes burst open to reveal a good looking man standing over me with a stethoscope checking my heart.

"Where am I?"

I barely got my voice to rasp out finally. Looking around I could tell that I was not in a hospital, but was in fact in a soft fluffy bed with IVs in my very sore arm. The room surrounding me was beautifully decorated with soft blues and browns accentuating each other to create a calming sensation.

Overstuffed pillows were propping me up as well as covering the rather large loveseat, matching wing backed chairs and a large ottoman all of which matched the huge ornate bed I was currently occupying.

"This room is beautiful, your home is wonderful."

"Well thank you my dear, but this isn't my home I'm afraid. This is actually my boss' home, his name is Jonathon, I'm sure you'll love him."

He winked at me with a slight smile gracing his tired face.

"My name is Michael, I'm the physician of this company. Are you feeling well, need something to drink maybe? I have some fresh water here if you would like, you must be parched."

"I would love some actually, thank you. Could you by chance tell me why I am here and how long I've been here?"

"I suppose you would be curious, I know I would! Well my dear, one of the men that work for Mr. Raccolto, my boss, found you after what seemed to be an attack and brought you to the only place he knew to be safe. Mr. Raccolto has a soft spot for beautiful women, so of course he took you in and called me immediately. I believe this was about five days ago my dear, you've healed quite nicely!"

Oh my god, I've been gone for five days! I bet that piece of shit Trevor doesn't even realize I'm gone except for he's having to get his damn food and beer himself. Then it hit me, I've been sleeping in a stranger's home for five days. Who knows what's going on with my stuff or if the cops were called because of that last fight with Trevor. My head spun as I started thinking of all the different things that could have gone wrong in five days and the idea that my sister was coming to visit didn't get skipped over.

"F..fi..five days? W-what day is it?"

"It's the thirtieth, why is something wrong dear?"

"Um.. Not really, it's just that my sister is coming to visit soon and I don't want her to worry about me if she couldn't find me."

"When is she due here, if you don't mind me asking that is."

"Of course not, she's supposed to be here June sixth, so I have plenty of time to take care of my apartment and such. I'm Marie by the way, is there anyway I could possibly speak with Mr. Raccolto soon? I would like to personally thank him for his hospitality."

The man smiled at me and his eyes sparkled in an odd but sweet way.

"Absolutely Marie. I'm sure he would love to speak with you, just let me call him and see when is best for him okay?"

I nodded and sipped my water. My stomach was empty but I was positive that putting food in it would end terribly. I watched as Michael stepped from the room and caught a brief glimpse of a well decorated sitting room just outside my room.

I honestly don't even want to think about how nice or expensive this place is, and I certainly do not want to get used to this kind of attention because once I get home it will be right back to being mistreated and that's just cruel once you've grown accustomed to the finer things. Or so I hear.

Michael slipped back into the room and smiled as he crossed the room.

"He's slightly busy at the moment, but said he would rush here as soon as he possibly could. May I tell you something Marie?" I nodded. "Mr. Raccolto absolutely never leaves his work for anyone, I think he's quite smitten with you even though he doesn't even know you. But this is just between the two of us okay?

He'll have my hide if he knew I said something of the likes to you, its not often he fancies anyone if truth be told. But you seem like a very nice girl, so I'm glad he chose you to take a liking to."

His genuine smile made me smile too as well as blush. I could feel the heat creep up my neck and cheeks, creating what I'm sure was an obvious blush against my now pale skin. Well now I definitely can't wait to meet this Mr. Raccolto!

KayVamp
KayVamp
344 Followers