The Convenient Truth

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,429 Followers

Rhys had just met Andrew, but he was a close friend with Andrew's brother. The two of them had gone to university together studying, of all things, Geography. When the initial flooding occurred Rhys had already aligned himself with the same beliefs as Andrew and Markus.

According to the papers, Rhys worked alone. He was not affiliated with anyone and this cottage was one of many he owned around the country. He was known as a womanizer and so stayed under the radar in terms of spending long periods of time in that cottage, presumably with women.

The document had a two page "classified" section that outlined exactly what Avalon had been accused of. She gasped as she read that she was being blamed for the oil explosion. She was painted as a psychotic criminal who spent her life terrorizing the few things that kept the country together. As she continued to read she realized that some of the document was completely false whereas other parts expanded on her run of bad luck. Wherever she went there was trouble.

Avalon pushed the papers away and looked out the windows. They were floor to ceiling windows that overlooked the lake. She had no idea what lake or river it was, as she had no idea where she was, but it was a gorgeous view. The living room was in front of her and consisted of a couch and a chair with a fireplace in the corner. She turned her head and noticed a door opposite the rooms she had changed in. Clearly it was a two-bedroom cottage. The area between the two rooms was a laundry area. There was one other door between the bathroom and kitchen, presumably a closet. This was a simple one-floor building.

Avalon tried to remember the stories her mother had told her before she had run away. Her mother told her stories her grandmother had told her, stories of cottages and cabins and families going camping for fun. It was all so foreign to her but she knew her mother enjoyed recalling the events, partly to educate her daughter on how things used to be but also to remember those things herself.

This was most definitely someone's cottage. Whether it was Rhys's or not didn't matter. This was the type of lifestyle her mother spoke of and it made Avalon both happy and sad. The emotions inside her were turbulent. Part of her wanted to smile, knowing that she was finally experiencing this paradise her mother spoken of. The other part of her wanted to cry, knowing that this was only a respite from her life on the run. Once it was safe Rhys would bring her back to the city and it would go back to normal. What was normal? To Avalon the last four years had been hard. She had no family, no friends, and no place to live. The only thing she had was her backpack.

"My backpack!" Avalon blurted out those words without realizing it.

She hadn't seen it since she had passed out in the tunnel. How could she be so stupid? Everything about hers was in that backpack and everything important to her was stashed there as well.

"Near the door, I brought it in while you were in the shower." Rhys responded calmly, continuing to cook dinner.

Avalon got up and grabbed hr bag. She dumped out the contents on the coffee table and slowly took inventory of everything. Her photo album was intact. Her identification cards were in the right place. She put to the side the few pieces of clothing that clearly needed to be washed. Everything was in order. She pulled out a worn piece of paper and smiled. It was a family tree she had made in grade five. She grinned as she remember her grandmother had told her to make it an apple tree, with each person's name written neatly in a shape of an apple. Avalon remembered that she was named after her grandmother.

Avalon whimpered as she realized that everyone on this tree was dead except her. She was on the brink of tears but then she slid her hand against her grandmother's name. The memory of why she was named Avalon flooded into her memory and she giggled. She had been named after an apple tree, which was where her grandmother had been conceived. She remembered how her grandmother told her how awkward it was to know your parents had sex. Then she went on to talk about how she met her husband, Michael.

Avalon closed her eyes and imagined the scene. Memories of her family calmed her down and she was completely lost in thought until Rhys spoke.

"Red or white?" Rhys asked

In the time that Avalon had been reading the document and reviewing the contents of her backpack, he had cooked some pasta, found some pasta sauce and a few bottles of wine.

"White please," Avalon stated nicely. She got up and found plates and cutlery. Soon she was sitting across from Rhys and they began to eat.

"Don't eat too fast. You're not used to real food," Rhys glanced up at the beautiful woman and tried not to blush.

He had so far controlled himself very well. She was extremely gorgeous and now that she was clean she looked even better. He had not spoken to her for the simple fact; the less words he said to her, the less likely they were to develop a relationship. This was pure business and Rhys needed to remind himself of this.

"Did you read the documents?" Rhys said.

"I did," Avalon answered.

"Good. This area is blacked out from the satellites so no one knows we're here. Andrew will call when things calm down, at most it will be three months. Besides that's how much food I have stored here."

Avalon nodded. She opened her mouth to say something but decided against it. Instead she asked practical things about running water, power conservation, and sleeping arrangements. Rhys answered simply and got up. Avalon remembered that since he cooked dinner it would be common courtesy for her to do the dishes. She did exactly that, along with putting away the extra food. The fridge was almost empty and although she didn't know if this place had power all the time, she figured it had been a while since he had been here and thus food would have spoiled anyways.

Once the kitchen was clean she looked over and saw Rhys sitting on the couch that overlooked the water. Only now did she have a chance to see how sexy and handsome he was. She walked over and sat down next to him. When he put his arm around her she snuggled in. She knew she shouldn't, but her body was telling her to do the opposite of her mind. Avalon knew that people did stupid things when stressed. Adrenaline levels made people say and do stupid things. She remembered Jake had told her that. Here she was cuddling against a man she just knew. She tried to pull away but instead slid into his lap.

"What are you thinking?" Rhys tucked a strand of black hair behind her ear.

"I'm thinking how crazy everything is right now." She responded.

"Yeah I know. When Andrew called me and asked me to help out I said yes. I didn't expect someone as beautiful as you." Rhys leaned forward and kissed her softly.

Avalon's body reacted by pushing against him. She pulled back, her mind back in control.

"We can't do this," Avalon blurted out. "This is crazy."

Avalon slid off his lap and paced the room. Rhys let her sort through her feelings. His body was reminding him how long it had been since he had been with a woman. His last affair had occurred in this cottage and he tried to block out those thoughts.

He needed to concentrate on this woman.

"Tell me something about yourself, something non- sexual."

Rhys decided a different approach was best. He got up and walked around the living room. His cock pressed against his jeans and he squirmed.

"I'm an only child, is that good?" Avalon stepped away each moment he came close. She wanted to reach for him but didn't. "Your turn."

Rhys stood still. She was squirming around. The anxiety and desire was thick in the room and he knew exactly what she needed. He stepped towards her and pushed her against the wall.

Whispering softly he said, "I'm an only child as well. Bad combination. I read somewhere that only children are demanding, assertive, and sensitive."

They met half way and kissed. The intensity was strong as Rhys dragged her to the bedroom. He pushed her down on the bed and crawled on top of her. His lips found her neck, her earlobe, and her shoulder. Each nibble was rough and hard. She cried out but did not stop him. She pulled at her shirt.

"This is not supposed to happen." Avalon sat up and removed her clothes.

Rhys couldn't help but laugh. Their reactions were identical and for a split second he wondered if she had received the same training as he. They undressed each other. Once naked they lay sideways.

"What's going through your mind, baby," Rhys asked.

His fingers were wiggling against her clit. He would stroke gently and then pushed two fingers inside her pussy. Then he'd stop and start again. Avalon was doing the same thing to his cock, jerking slowly then stopping.

"I don't want to tell you. I'm embarrassed." Avalon blushed. She was fighting with her brain as her body took over. She did not want her body to win.

"Tell me." Rhys pushed three fingers inside her wet hole and pushed towards her sensitive spot. She cried and suddenly came. Rhys was shocked but held on as she thrashed around.

With her head buried in the crook of his shoulder she whimpered, "My training tells me that the stress of the situation is making us want to fuck. My brain is telling me to stop because this is dangerous. My pussy is telling me it needs a cock!"

Rhys laughed. Pushing her onto her back he spread her legs and rubbed his cock against her clit.

"That's what I thought. Same thing I'm thinking. Adrenaline rushes make people do strange things. We're both reacting to the situation by giving into our sexual urges."

"You're supposed to be protecting me, not fucking me." Avalon regretted those words because Rhys grunted and slid back two inches. Far enough away that he had room to jerk his cock but not far enough that his knees still touched her.

" Fine, " Rhys stroked his thick manhood roughly. He wanted to see how far he could tease her. It didn't take long.

Avalon sat up. "Fine, you win."

Rhys gripped his cock and slowly sunk it into her pussy. She was tight and when he pushed inside her completely she whimpered in pain. Was this her first time? She was much younger then him but had never thought of her as a virgin. The report he read in regards to her relationship with Jake was clear. They had dated, intimately as had been reported, and shared every piece of information with each other. He slid back and entered her again. His hands were on either side of her head and he watched her facial expression.

"You are tight."

"I know."

They rocked back and forth, hearing the bed shake. He would speed up to bring her to orgasm then go slow so he wouldn't. He stayed on top the whole time, knowing how much she was enjoying this. He was in heaven. He didn't want this to end. He came hard inside her, not thinking of the repercussions of his actions. He collapsed on his side facing her. Avalon curled up against him.

"That was your first time, right?" Rhys asked quietly.

"Yeah. Are you mad?" she whispered.

"No. You need to trust me. I'm not going to hurt you. I know many people have hurt you in the past. I know that the last person you loved was killed."

"Is my whole life in that file?" Avalon asked, not realizing that clearly her relationship with Jake had been documented.

"Yeah. You know too much."

"If only my memory could be erased." Avalon giggled and snuggled against Rhys. She was soon fast asleep. He was thankful she missed the look of terror in his eyes as she said that. Once she was asleep he got up to secure the cottage. When he returned she had not moved. He slid back against her and fell asleep, the most peaceful sleep in years.

***

The next morning Avalon was startled awake by the sun. She felt the warm heat touching her naked body and her eyelids only partly shielded the bright light. As she opened her eyes she realized she was in the master bedroom. Memories of last night flooded her mind and she smiled. It had felt so right, not rushed. It didn't even occur to her that it was the stress of the situation that was making her feel so connected to Rhys.

"You're awake. Good. What would you like for breakfast?" Rhys asked quietly.

He was leaning against the bedroom doorframe, watching as Avalon stretched out her body.

"I don't know. You pick," she replied.

She watched as Rhys walked to the kitchen. Avalon got dressed and then went to the washroom. The simplest of things was such a luxury to her. The idea of being able to brush your teeth and wash your face with soap and hot water seemed so exciting. Avalon looked in the mirror and saw a different person. It was startling to her. She was relaxed.

Relaxed! Her body tensed as she realized that she could never relax completely. She was being stupid, if not suicidal. She trusted Andrew completely and in turn trusted Rhys but still. She had really yet to think through her circumstances completely. She had nowhere to go. She bit her lip and took a deep breath. She knew she only had one option.

" ... tout va comme prévu. Elle n'a aucune idée," Rhys said quietly. He was talking into the microphone on his laptop and then logged off just as Avalon entered the room.

"There are some eggs and bacon on the table," Rhys looked up then continued working on his computer. He needed to focus. He was thankful that she grabbed her plate and walked through the sunroom and onto the deck. He kept working, keeping an eye on her. It was best to simply not talk to her. Last night was a complete mistake and it was already hard for him to follow through on his plans.

A message popped on his screen and he read it carefully. After reading it once, he glanced up and looked at Avalon. She was sitting on the stairs leading to the water. Her hair was tied back in a braid. He looked back down at the computer and read it again.

"Fuck!" he whispered under his breath. He thought he had longer. He got up and shut down his computer. He had to move quickly.

"Avalon!" he cried out. "Get in here. Now!" Rhys tried to remain calm but knew that his voice was shaking. He was grabbing his things and putting them in bag.

"We need to go. You need to go." Avalon looked so puzzled but nodded. She had a sense of danger from the moment they had arrived at the cottage but still was unable to process what he was saying. This calm, collected tall man was clearly frantic.

"Grab your backpack and put clothes in it. I'll clean up the place. Meet me right there." Rhys pointed to the closet then stormed off. Avalon did as she was told, grabbing the clean clothes from the dryer along with pajamas and her toothbrush. They collided outside the bathroom as Rhys ran in to grab the towels. Avalon stood there and watched as Rhys erased all proof that she had been there.

"Do you trust me?" Rhys opened the closet door and held it out for her.

"I ... Yes." Avalon regretted the hesitation in her voice but Rhys was so focused he didn't notice.

"Get in. I'll explain later."

Avalon looked at Rhys in confusion. He wanted her to get in the closet. For a brief moment she assumed she would be locked in there until whoever was coming had left. She nodded and stepped in. It wasn't until he stepped in with her that she spoke up.

"Rhys? What is going on?" Avalon's voice was shaking.

"Be quiet," Rhys said quietly, placing his index finger over her lips. She reacted to his warm skin against hers but was still on guard.

Rhys hit a few buttons on his phone then looked at Avalon. He had suddenly made the worst decision in his life, but she was worth it. He wrapped his arms around her and whispered softly in her ear.

"This is an elevator. We're going downstairs. Relax." Rhys held her tighter, feeling her heart beating so fast as she trembled. Her eyes were closed and he felt the elevator lurch downward. It was a slow ride and when they hit the bottom the dustpan that was perched on top of the mop fell on her. He placed it on the shelf then opened the door in front of them. He pulled Avalon out and hit a few more buttons. He watched as the elevator/closet went back up. There was no turning back.

Avalon's eyes were still closed. Rhys looked around and saw what he needed. "Follow me."

Rhys was thankful that Avalon had finally opened her eyes. He knew the reaction he had had when he had first seen this area and was expecting her to pass out from sheer fright at any moment. Until that point they both walked quickly towards one of the doors. He opened the one with his name and entered. Thankfully no one had been in his office since he had left.

The room was large with what looked to be a window covering one wall. There was a floor to ceiling beige blind covering the wall. It overlooked the parking garage but Avalon didn't need to know that. There was a desk, a couch, and two chairs. The couch turned into a very comfortable bed and Rhys had spent many a night sleeping here. It was a typical office but without any papers or personal items. This was going to be a safe place for them.

Avalon sat on the couch and didn't say anything. Rhys knew he had to explain what was going on. He didn't want to. He wanted her to think that only the documents she had read were the truth. In just a few short hours his life had changed for the better and he needed to bring her in.

"Avalon. I'm going to tell you things you probably don't want to hear. I need to tell you these things. You can trust me and believe what I'm saying or you can tell me I'm lying and run off. I want you to stay but I'm not going to force you. You've been through a lot and it's going to hurt me to tell you these things."

"What things? What are you talking about? Rhys! One minute I'm with my boyfriend Jake and then he dies. Then I'm living in a fucking cave. Then Andrew finds me. Then you whisk me off to that fucking paradise and now this. The closet was an elevator?"

Rhys smirked. Out of all the things that she was wondering about it amused him that she wanted to know about the elevator. He sat next to her and pulled her into his lap. She didn't resist and truthfully he was thankful.

"You read the document I gave you yesterday. The government believes you are a saboteur. I doubt much of that is true but it doesn't matter. Andrew was paid a large sum of money to give you to me. It was his only choice. I paid him because I was directed to kill you."

Avalon slid back but Rhys held on tight. He continued, "I can't kill you. I have killed a lot of people. Everyone thinks there are two sides to this war. There aren't. There are many sides. The government wants total control over everything. Industry pretends to follow the government rules but in fact is pocketing billions of dollars a year. Those with a lot of money, like your parents, follow the rules because they know nothing else. You didn't know anything else until you met Jake. He told you the truth, or what he thought was the truth. I can tell you the whole story but you might not want to hear it."

"Tell me. Just tell me Rhys. I'm about to give up so I don't care if you kill me anyways."

Rhys leaned forward and kissed her softly. This was not a passionate sexual kiss like the night before. It was a soft kiss that connected them. He pulled back and continued.

"I'm not going to kill you. I can't. I work for three different agencies. In spy books I'd be called a triple agent. I work for the Canadian government. They are barely surviving since half the population was wiped out with the flooding. I'm a spy for them. I report to them. When you heard me speaking French on the phone I was talking to my boss. He thinks I'm gathering information about you before I kill you. I was being somewhat truthful. I am trying to get to know you better but it's evident that I can't kill you."

PrincessErin
PrincessErin
1,429 Followers