The Conversation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ohio
ohio
4,418 Followers

A couple of hours later, when I turned off the light in the boys' room and stepped into the hallway, I was greeted by Julie, wearing the sexiest of her nighties and a determined expression. Without a word she gave me a long hard kiss, pressing herself tightly against me, then led me by the hand to the bedroom.

When we got there, though, I wasn't as willing to play as she hoped. I kicked my shoes off, settled myself on the bed against the headboard, and said, "got anything to say about this afternoon's little escapade?"

"Oh, Dan, couldn't we talk about that later?" She slid alongside me and began to kiss my neck, while one hand tried to snake down into my pants.

"No," I said, "this seems like a good time to me." I pulled her hand off my dick and gently moved her away from me.

"Okay, honey," she said, obviously not happy. I waited.

"I guess that Andrea told you about, uh, my visit."

"Uh-huh." Another pause.

"Well, I've been thinking about it--about what you told me, last week. And I finally decided that I, that it was, that...I just couldn't do it. I couldn't let you start sleeping with someone else.

"So I went in there to tell Andrea to leave my man alone! That's all. And she pretended not to know what I was talking about, so I got pissed off."

"Why shouldn't I fuck Andrea?" I said calmly. "I thought I explained it all to you, how it would just be a little fun for me, and it wouldn't hurt you or change anything between us.

"You know I love you, Julie. So what's the big deal?"

I watched her struggle. She was in an impossible situation and I was loving every minute of it.

"Dan," she said seriously, looking imploringly at me, "it's just wrong, that's all. We're married, and the only person you should be having sex with is me. What if you fall in love with her? What if she...if the sex with her is hotter? God, she's gorgeous--I saw her today! Those boobs and those legs?"

"Honey, even if sex is better with her, that's not going to change anything between us! We have the kids, and a whole life we've built together. I just don't see what you're worrying about."

With a smile, I threw back at her some of the excuses I'd heard her express to Ruth over the phone weeks earlier.

"Above all, it's just sex. It'll be hot—really hot!—but it's just fucking. There's no romance, no 'darling let's run away together'. I just want her pussy, and she just wants my big hard cock. So there's no way it's a threat to anything between you and me.

"In a way, it's probably even good for us! Because being with Andrea is going to be exciting. It'll make me feel young again, and sexy, not like a businessman-father who's getting up into his late-thirties. And you'll get the benefit of that."

A flicker of something crossed Julie's face, and I knew that my carefully-chosen words had triggered her memory of things she'd said to Ruth, her own attempts at justifying what she'd been doing.

"Darling," she began again, her voice trembling a little, "this is hurting me--very much. I need to know that your wonderful loving is only for me, that I don't have to compete with another woman. That's the only way I can feel safe with you.

"We made each other a promise, the day we took our vows, a promise of faithfulness; and I need you to keep that promise."

I looked hard at her, and she couldn't hold my eyes. The lying, hypocritical bitch!

"And if I go ahead? If I have an affair with Andrea? Are you going to divorce me?"

She started to cry, noisily. "I don't know, I don't know! But I can't believe you'd be so cruel to me! To risk breaking up our family over...over some new piece of ass!"

I waited several minutes, watching until Julie was calmer. Then I said, "listen--before I go ahead with Andrea, how about if we consult an expert? I know a guy who knows all about adultery, what do you say we go see him and get his opinion?"

She nodded, looking slightly less devastated. "If you think it would help, Dan. I'm willing to talk to anyone who can help me persuade you what a bad idea this is. What's his name?"

"Thomas Attlee," I said, watching her face. Her jaw dropped open and she turned very pale, just staring at me.

Without another word I got up and walked out of the bedroom.

****************

I had a surprisingly good night's sleep in the guest room. And I was perfectly normal to Julie the next morning, completely calm and cheerful.

She, on the other hand, was a wreck. She looked awful, with deep circles under her eyes, and she moved around the kitchen like a ghost, unable to speak to me or even look me in the eye.

It was the same that night at dinner. I made no reference to Attlee or to any of our previous conversations; I was civil and friendly to Julie, and my usual loving self with the boys.

Julie spoke to me as little as possible, and in a hushed voice just above a whisper. She seemed absolutely terrified. Even Will started to notice; he said, "mommy, why are you talking so soft?" in an annoyed voice that startled her.

After the boys were in bed, I relaxed and watched a ballgame, noticing Julie poke her head into the room to stare at me when she didn't think I could see her. But she didn't say a word.

The following day at work, I came back from a mid-afternoon meeting to find an envelope on my desk, addressed to "My Dear Husband Dan" in Julie's neat, fourth-grade teacher handwriting. The letter was neatly written, too. Knowing my wife, she'd probably written several drafts before copying out a final version.

*****

Dear Dan:

I can't begin to say how ashamed I am of my selfish, unthinking behavior. Your conversation with me about having an affair with Andrea made me realize how very painful that would be for me--and how inexcusable my affair with Thomas has been.

You threw all my shallow rationalizations back in my face, and I see now how utterly false and ridiculous they are. There is NOTHING that can justify my having sex with anyone but you, ever. How stupid and short-sighted it was for me to think otherwise!

Now that it is too late to undo it, I understand how deeply I must have hurt you. I know that saying how sorry I am is utterly inadequate, but I am sorry--as sorry as I have ever been in my life.

I pray that I have not broken our marriage beyond repair--that you will be able to find a way to let me earn your forgiveness, so that we can once again be a happy family. I will do whatever you ask of me--anything--to show you how much I adore you, and how sorry I am for my wretched behavior.

I know that you love the boys with all your heart--do you think that there is any way you can love me again?

Your loving, foolish wife,

Julie

*****

As I sat in my chair, thinking about the letter, Andrea waltzed into my office and shut the door, a mysterious smile on her lips.

"Would you like an update?"

I put the letter aside. "Sure--what's up?"

Sitting down, she said, "I had a second visit from your wife this afternoon. Quite different from the first, I might add."

"Oh?"

"Instead of furious and accusatory she was humble and pleading. The poor thing could barely contain her weeping."

"You'd better tell me the whole story, Andrea."

"There's not that much to tell. She came in timidly and said, 'May I speak to you for a moment? I've come to apologize.'

"So I gestured her to come in and sit, and she said, 'I'll only take a minute of your time, Miss Walden. I had no right to yell at you the other day--there is no excuse, and I hope you'll accept my apology.

" 'I know now that Dan knows about...he knows that I...was having an affair myself. So I hardly have the right to preach to him about fidelity--or to order you to stay away from him.'

"And then she looked at me imploringly--she actually wrung her hands! And she said, 'but please, Miss Walden: don't take him away from me! You're so much more beautiful than I am, and there's no way I can compete with you. Only please, please just...just sleep with him, and send him home to his family.

" 'I know that if you want to break up our marriage, there's no way I'll be able to stop you.' By now she was weeping, and I had to hand her the tissues.

" 'He must be so angry with me, and I can't blame him. But I'm hoping that, maybe, that...you two can just have an affair, just for the sex, but that he won't divorce me. We need him so much! Not just me, but our boys, they're only 5 and 3!' And then she started sobbing so hard she couldn't say anything else.

"So I let her calm down, and before I could really answer her she tried to smile and said, 'thank you for listening,' and tiptoed out."

I tried to imagine the scene. Julie must have been beside herself to behave so submissively to Andrea. I didn't know whether it was guilt and shame, or just the fear of losing me, or some combination; but she was clearly suffering.

"Well, Andrea, you've certainly had more to do with my family than you would ever have wanted! I've got to apologize again for dragging you into the middle of this."

She smiled, and said, "actually it's started turning into a lot of fun, Dan. I can hardly wait to see what happens next! By the way, when ARE we beginning our affair?" Her gaze was bold, even challenging.

"Oh, we started last Saturday--only some necking, though. I told Julie I was meeting you in the afternoon, and she screwed me three times that morning to try to get me to cancel. But I still spent the afternoon with you."

"You did, eh?" Her grin widened. "Well, I'm sure I enjoyed the making out. But when is the screwing going to start?"

To my amazement, I could see that behind her teasing she was absolutely serious. "I'm not sure yet," I said, "but believe me, you'll be the first to know."

She came over to the desk, bent down and gave me a sizzling kiss, winding her arms around my neck. Then she stood up, said, "don't keep me waiting too long," and disappeared out the door.

****************

Here's the ironic thing: Andrea turns out to be a disappointing fuck. She does indeed have a hot body--young and tight and just gorgeous. My hard-on was like a steel rod the first time I saw her naked.

But she's just not that responsive, and it turns out she's a bit uptight beneath her sexy and somewhat aggressive façade. So we've fucked half a dozen times, and I have taught her to give a somewhat better blowjob, but it's not going to last much longer. It's just not worth the trouble, frankly.

But sex with Julie, on the other hand--it's never been better! Nothing like the combination of guilt and terror to turn your loving wife into a whore in bed. She clearly wants to make sure that Andrea isn't giving me anything better than what I'm getting at home, so she's going all out.

The kids have been spending a lot of nights and weekends with Julie's mom, and I've been getting my ashes hauled more than ever--maybe five times a week. There are special treats, too: several new negligees that she looks fantastic in, a bubble bath and massage one night, and one Sunday morning when she poured warm maple syrup all over my cock and balls and licked it all up.

Julie doesn't know anything about what I've been doing with Andrea--she's clearly too scared to ask. And I'm not about to tell her that it's not so great! I'll just let her keep working her ass off to please me.

I'm not over being pissed off at her, but I've got to tell you: there's nothing like seeing your wife just about kill herself to keep you happy, in and out of bed, to make you feel that she's probably worth keeping around. Above all, she knows she's still on probation, and I'm not in any hurry to change that.

ohio
ohio
4,418 Followers
12