The Council Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JazCullen
JazCullen
6,488 Followers

He smiled slowly, standing up and picking up the bottle of wine. He rounded the desk, interested to see how she would react to his nearness as he poured some more wine into her glass. His smile widened as he detected the increase in her heart rate, her hand shaking ever so slightly as she held the glass as steady as she could. He perched on the side of the desk, looming over her. "You seem a little nervous, Loretta. Something bothering you?"

Loretta's wolf howled loudly as she unconsciously tried to shift away from his big body. He was so close to her she could feel his body heat and it was setting up little sparks of electricity in her body, making her wolf ecstatic but making her human side very uncomfortable. The smug smile on his face told her he knew exactly what he was doing, that he was deliberately playing with her.

She felt her anger spark and tried to tamp it down. Losing her temper with him wasn't the way to go. It would give him the upper hand; make him feel superior, that he had won some kind of battle. She wouldn't give him that satisfaction.

Setting her glass down, she stood slowly, bending forward enough that she knew her cleavage would be amply displayed to his intent gaze. She smiled as she watched his eyes narrow sharply and heard his breath suck in hard. She took one tiny step which brought her almost toe to toe with him. Even sitting on the edge of the desk she still had to look up at him. His size was impressive. "Nothing bothering me, Andrei," she sighed softly. "You?"

Their eyes locked for a long moment, both of them rooted to the spot as they both issued challenges and waited for the other to back down. The silence in the room suddenly seemed very heavy, only broken by the soft sounds of their breaths rasping out way too fast.

Andrei struggled to hold himself in check as the little she wolf challenged him so blatantly, her head tilted defiantly to the side. She was so close to him, her sweet scent teasing his nostrils, her body heat like a blazing furnace as she stood so close. His body hardened in an instant, lust spiralling sharply inside him. He stifled down a deep groan, his nostrils flaring as he watched her eyes darken to almost black and scented the wonderful musky scent of her body answering his.

This was so incredibly stupid. They both should know better. He was a vampire and she was a Were. An impossible combination and yet he found himself moving almost as if he had no control over himself. "Stupid little bitch," he growled a second before his large hand wrapped around the back of her neck and pulled her mouth to his.

Loretta whimpered softly as Andrei's mouth took hers in a kiss so devastating she felt her knees tremble the instant his mouth slanted over hers. Her wolf shrieked her joy as his hot mouth lazily nudged hers, his tongue licking slowly along her bottom lip before pressing for entry. She sighed and parted her lips, allowing him to ravish her mouth with bold, hard strokes of his tongue, meeting him half way so she could taste him as thoroughly as he was tasting her. This was so wrong. She shouldn't be allowing this to happen but all rational thought was leaving her mind as his hands moved and began to slowly stroke down her bare back with a surprisingly gentle touch.

She moaned and moved closer to him, pressing her swollen breasts against his hard chest as his hands reached the curve of her ass and he pulled her lower body towards him, spreading his legs so he could fit her between them. Her moan turned into two as his mouth continued to devastate hers as her body connected with the unmistakably hard ridge of his erection which he ground against her stomach with a deep growl.

Andrei felt as if he was going up in flames. Her sweet taste was intoxicating, the feel of her soft curves pressing against his aching hardness enough to make his body tremble with desire. He shouldn't be kissing her, touching her soft skin, pressing his raging cock hard against her sexy body but he was doing all of that and wanted to do so much more.

If he didn't get some kind of control he was going to bend her over his desk and fuck the living daylights out of her. The thought shocked him even as it made him groan loudly and grind his mouth harder against hers. Just the erotic image of Loretta's legs spread wide, her ass in the air as he slid between her thighs and rammed his thick length into her soaking wet pussy was enough to make him almost explode.

He had to stop. One of them had to stop before this insatiable hunger got out of hand and someone got hurt. More accurately before she got hurt. What if he lost all control as he felt dangerously close to doing already? What if he accidentally bit her in the throes of passion? He didn't need to bite, to feed whilst laying with a woman but he liked to and was in the habit of indulging himself. He would kill her if he did so and he didn't want that to happen.

With a muffled growl he ripped his mouth from hers, pushing her away swiftly, keeping a tight grip on her upper arms as she stumbled slightly at the speed at which he separated their bodies. When he was sure she was steady on her feet he dropped his hands and raked one of them through his tousled hair, his breathing harsh and ragged as he regarded her disappointed face.

"Do you have a death wish?" he ground out angrily, moving back behind the desk as he fought to get his breathing under control and recover his equilibrium.

Loretta watched him, her heart pounding erratically, her wolf howling her disappointment that he was withdrawing from them. Shock rocked through her body in deep waves. She wasn't shocked because she had responded to him. No, she was shocked at the intensity of her response, at how quickly she had forgotten all about her personal safety when his lips had touched hers.

Staring at Andrei's rigid back she took a deep breath and picked up her glass of wine, draining it quickly to steady her nerves. The situation was impossible and she couldn't deny that. The angry vampire before her was her mate. Her wolf had taken one look at him and declared he was hers.

The combination of a vampire/were mating was just too dangerous. Her wolf wouldn't listen to her though. She had claimed him and nothing was going to satisfy her until they joined together, however they were going to manage that little problem.

Andrei finally turned around, his expression carefully neutral as he looked at her briefly before sitting down behind the desk. "The Council has not reached a decision yet," he said as if they hadn't just been practically ready to rip each others clothes off a matter of moments ago.

"Very soon there will be a change in the vampire hierarchy; a new Council will be sitting. The consensus has been reached that the outgoing Council erred in its judgement of not getting involved when Graves' aggression towards the pack became obvious. The Council Elect has been in training for the last half a decade. They have considerable power now that the rotation is so close to happening, it is only a week away. They have come to the decision that the outgoing Council does not have the right to make a judgement therefore it is postponed until the new Council has time to investigate the matter."

Loretta's mouth dropped open in surprise. His honesty was staggering. He was telling her valuable information about how the hierarchy of his people worked, knowledge that no Were had ever been privy to before. Her Alpha would be very interested in this news. This was the second time he had let slip something his people wanted to be kept secret from all Weres. "You appear to know a lot about it, Andrei. Is there a reason for that?"

She watched his eyes narrow and expelled a deep breath. Her instincts were still sharp even if he did turn her knees to mush with one kiss. He had told her so much more than he probably wanted to with that one slight narrowing of his eyes. Andrei Romanov was part of the Council Elect. She was certain of it and she was certain that her knowledge was shining in her eyes as he watched her intently, his expression hardening.

"Did you keep my secret, little wolf?" he suddenly growled softly and she took another deep breath before she shook her head in the negative and watched his lips firm into a tight line, anger clouding his deep brown eyes.

"Did you really expect me to?" she countered softly wishing she hadn't finished her wine so she could settle her nerves a little more as the atmosphere in the room dropped a couple of very chilly degrees as his displeasure sunk into her very soul.

"Do you think because you healed me that I would betray my pack, Andrei? Jared needed to know. I am his Beta and it was my place to inform him of any little titbit that can protect his pack from your kind."

Andrei pushed his anger down reaching for his glass and then changing his mind, pushing it across the desk towards the she wolf before him. He stood up again and crossed the room, heading for a hidden compartment behind a wooden wall panel, taking out the bottle of cold blood and pouring himself a generous glass to soothe his desire to taste her blood. He drank deeply, poured a refill and carried it over to the desk again, watching Loretta drink from him glass.

He wanted to growl as her lips caressed the glass where his own mouth had been not so long before. It was almost as if she were kissing him again. He sat back down and drank some more blood, his eyes fixed to hers as she watched him, knowing what he was drinking. It didn't appear to bother her and he felt his lips quirk in a little smile. She really was a brave little thing. Didn't have the sense she was born with but brave none the less.

"You got what you came for, Loretta," he finally said, suddenly wanting her gone from his presence. If she stayed any longer he didn't know what he'd do next, what other secrets he would unwittingly tell the little she devil. She seemed to have a way of slipping under his guard and loosening his tongue. "You have all my secrets now. Run along to your boss and fill him in on all the juicy details. I'm sure he'll find them riveting."

It was clearly a dismissal, his tone bored, his expression remote. Loretta couldn't help feeling disappointed but she knew he was right. She had come here on pack business and she was leaving with the knowledge she had come to collect. She rose slowly, smoothing down her skirt as she stood. "What will the Council Elect's decision be?" she asked, her tone brisk and to the point. She could be as detached as he was.

Andrei snorted loudly, shaking his head at her sass even as he smiled in approval. God she was a complete pain in the ass but a very sexy, delectable one. He considered her question, his eyes raking over her body slowly as he came to his decision on just how much he was willing to give away. "You would stand with the pack if the decision went against them?" he asked even though he knew her answer. She didn't speak but she did nod her head, drawing a weary sigh from him.

"Then you know what the Council Elect's decision will be, don't you, Loretta?"

She stared at him with a puzzled expression on her face, her eyes questioning him. Sighing loudly Andrei stood once more, moving back around the desk and pulling her hard against his body. His head dipped to her neck, inhaling deeply at her wonderful scent, his tongue snaking out to run lightly along her fragile skin as she trembled slightly. He knew he shouldn't be getting so close to her again but he couldn't help himself.

He raised his head and their eyes met and he saw hers widen slightly in surprise as he allowed her to see past his guard. "Does that answer your question?" he asked quietly, his gaze trapping hers as his hands ran down her back as if he couldn't prevent them from doing so.

Loretta swallowed hard wondering if she was getting the right message from him, needing to hear the words but knowing he would never say them. Andrei Romanov would never admit out loud that he would protect a pack of Weres because he was attracted to one of them. She finally nodded her head slowly, unable to find her voice with him being so close to her.

"I believe this meeting is now concluded." He arched a perfect eyebrow at her as he spoke, releasing her as abruptly as he'd gathered her into his arms, resting back against the desk and folding his arms.

Loretta picked up her purse and licked her lips slowly. Her heart was thundering loudly in her chest, her wolf prowling in agitation as she prepared to separate from her mate. She couldn't stay no matter how much she wanted to. She couldn't be with him and she knew it even if her wolf wasn't happy with the turn of events.

Her mind was whirling at what he hadn't said in words but so clearly intimated with his actions. As long as she stood with the pack, he would ensure that no decision would go against them. He would have been as well as acknowledging verbally that her interest in him was returned with as much fervour by him. But she knew he wouldn't utter the actual words. Not Andrei Romanov, cold bloodied vampire. He would never verbalise anything that would make him appear vulnerable in any way.

"Thank you, Andrei," she said quietly, looking up at his hard face, so very tempted to press her body against his again and see if he would have the strength to push her away for a third time. She smothered down a deep sigh. She was a fool to even think it. She would be playing Russian Roulette with her life again. It was so very tempting though even if it was incredibly stupid.

Andrei growled loudly, seeing the conflicted emotions crossing her face, knowing exactly how she felt because his rigidly crossed arms were the only thing that was stopping him from doing all those delicious things he had been imaging doing to her. If she didn't leave right now he was going to lose all control and give into the insatiable need she created inside him. "Go now!" he hissed quietly, his eyes burning with fire as he struggled to keep his more feral side under control.

His sudden feral expression made her heart lurch wildly in her chest, her wolf growling loudly inside her, her breath quickening and her eyes darkening as she reacted to the wildness within him. "Wrong move," she growled softly dropping her purse to the floor and giving in to the need to feel his hardness pressing against her once more. Her body arched against his as his breath hissed out loudly and his arms came around her in a crushingly tight grip.

He held her tightly, stilling all her body movements, trying desperately to halt her aggression so it didn't fire his any further. "Stop," he hissed, a deep guttural groan escaping him as she twisted in his arms, rubbing against his straining cock. He caught a glimpse of wildness in her eyes, her wolf close to the surface.

That explained why his hold was not having the desired effect. He had never had to restrain a Were before. He had no reference of how much strength to use. She wriggled against him again and he was completely lost, his head descending to capture her mouth in a hard desperate kiss. God she tasted better than the first time he had kissed her, sweeter, more intoxicating. The hot musky scent of her arousal filled the office and made his body twitch hard with lust.

She uttered a soft breathy moan and the combination of her soft curves, sweet scent and husky sighs drove all rational thought from his mind. Only one thought remained, how he was going to fuck her senseless until she screamed his name in ecstasy.

"Andrei, rip the dress and you're going to regret it," Loretta growled against his lips as his hands tugged hard at the material separating her body from his. Her words stilled his movements and he raised his head to look down at her, his eyes glittering wildly.

"Fuck the dress," he hissed reaching for the fragile straps to snap them from her body. She seriously wanted self control from him, after pushing him to the end of his endurance?

"I'm not going home naked," she laughed softly, her hands catching his wrists and applying a firm pressure as she stepped back and quickly tugged the zipper down, letting the material pool at her feet leaving her standing in only her heels and a red lacy thong.

Andrei's breathed sucked in deeply as his wild eyes travelled quickly over her creamy white skin, fastening on her firm, round breasts with their soft pink tips hardening already in the cool air. "Come here," he growled softly, a frown darkening his face as he saw her smile slowly and shake her head at him.

He glared at her in confusion. What the fuck was the little she devil up to now? She wanted this as much as he did, he could scent it on her delectable body. Christ, she had pushed him and pushed him until she finally got what she wanted. Now she was saying no after stripping off half naked in front of him?

Loretta struggled not to laugh at his frustrated expression. He had obviously never been with a wolf before, didn't understand that the wildness inside her craved that he had to be strong enough, fast enough, and dominant enough to take her. Her wolf demanded nothing less. If he wanted her he was going to have to work for it.

"You have a lot to learn about Weres, Andrei," she sighed softly taking another step backwards, running her hands slowly down her hips. "We're not insipid little human females. We don't fall to our knees in gratitude that a man deigns to share our passion. If you really want me, then you have to prove you're capable of taking me."

The predator in Andrei sparked, his lips curling into a chilling little smile as his eyes flashed with excitement. "You want me to play chase?" he growled softly. "That seems a little unfair on you, Loretta. You know I'm faster than you, stronger than you. You know I'm going to win so why bother with all the needless time wasting?"

"Who says it's needless," she laughed huskily kicking off her shoes and shifting instantly, surprising a startled hiss from the beautiful vampire in front of her. His surprise lasted barely a fraction of a second before he came at her with a feral laugh issuing from his chest in a deep rumble.

Loretta growled and streaked away to the right, nimbly circling the desk and putting it between them. She watched Andrei's head turn lazily to the side, his eyes tracking her as his hands began unbuttoning his silk shirt , sliding it effortlessly from his broad shoulders.

Two things registered in Loretta's mind. The first was how rock hard his chest was, all rippling muscles which promised strength and the ability to defend her if the need ever arose. The second was the fierce excitement on his face which told her he was enjoying the chase, that she could expect to be overcome and forced into submission when he caught her. Both had her wolf rumbling her approval. Any thoughts that she shouldn't be doing this were completely forgotten. Her lust was in control, her need to be with her mate completely dominating everything else.

She expected him to come at her again but instead he turned away, unbuckling the belt of his jeans as he crossed to the office door and slid the lock home. He stripped completely naked, standing before her without a hint of self-consciousness as he let her eyes peruse his body slowly.

God he was amazing. All hard muscles everywhere, his impressive cock standing proudly against his stomach. He was thick, rock hard and had been walking the planet long enough that she knew he was adept at using the powerful tool between his legs. She howled softly, her body flooding with moisture as she felt her mouth start to water. Maybe she wouldn't try so hard to get away? Maybe it would be more fun to submit quickly?

Andrei felt his blood boil at both the heated look in the wolf's eyes and also the soft howl she emitted as she hungrily ran her gaze over his body and found it to her liking. His lips quirked in a little smile, smug male satisfaction flooding him that the little she devil was reacting to him the way she was. Her scent was filling the room so thickly that if he didn't get his hands on her soon he was likely to start ripping the room apart to get to her. This chasing thing was mildly entertaining even if a little frustrating. It certainly got the heart pumping and appealed to the predator within him.

JazCullen
JazCullen
6,488 Followers