The Crash

Story Info
Tragedy brings them together, tragically.
759 words
2.31
10k
00
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lasight
Lasight
2 Followers

One half bottle of vodka and two strong anti-depressants later he was ready to go. He checked his sway form in the mirror, for not a very tall man he commanded a very strong presence. This is the kind of man you notice when he walks in a room, with the black hair, gray eyes and classical good looks he knows that he draws most women's eyes.

"Not as good as I used to be...but it'll have to do" he slurs upon noticing the few gray hairs at his left temple.

Swaying his way out of the apartment he picks up his wallet and car keys and kicks his cat. Making his way down to the car he sees the fires from the corner of his eye, he whirls but they are still there at the corner of his eyes. The pain flares once more in his chest and he falls to knees.

"Not now, so close, so close to finding her...it mustn't happen now"

Wishing that his trusty hip flask wasn't on his bedside cabinet he forces himself to walk to his car, all the while praying to himself that the fires stay burning low.

--------------------------------------

A few sprays of perfume and a touch more lipstick and she is ready to go. She looks at herself in the mirror, blonde hair, blues eyes, naturally pouting lips. "If only I wasn't this short" she sighs. She licks her lips and grins, tonight she is going to get lucky and she knows it. She carefully puts on her high heels and walks outside to her car. She feels eyes upon her back and turns around slowly but there is no-one there. Shrugging her shoulders she slips into the car.

--------------------------------------

A pretty uneventful drive on any other night, but tonight fate has a different plan. As she drives the limit down the clear road she notices the sky, dark as pitch, with not a star to be seen. Unfortunately what she doesn't notice is the black Mercedes until it slams into the front of her small Fiat. The bigger car practically crushes her tiny car. A sudden pain stabs through her lower body as the steering wheel and dash are crushed down pinning her legs beneath them, she looks down and can't quite comprehend what she is seeing...and then the pain hits and her scream peals out through the black night. Struggle as she might she only succeeds in causing her legs more damage and not helping herself at all. This strong woman closes her eyes and begins to weep, her head drops to her chest and she passes out.

--------------------------------------

Driving along looking at the sky. The beautiful dark sky seems to call to him. It calls his name over and over. He knows that he should be watching the road and he looks ahead, his head swims from the sudden movement and the car swerves from side to side, for a second he is driving on the wrong side of the road. He forces himself to concentrate on driving carefully, and he slows down to the speed limit. Taking a few slow deep breaths he tries to ignore the fires in his eyes, they refuse to be ignored and flare up once more, brighter and bigger than ever before, THE PAIN OH DEAR LORD THE PAIN.

His entire body tenses his foot slamming the accelerator to the floor, the car rockets forward swerving from side to side before evening out on the other side of the road, if only he was conscious maybe he could have done something about it. Dark fate was smiling then as it guides the Mercedes until it slams into the front of a small Fiat. He flies through the windscreen, the tempered glass shattering around him as the new fresh pain rouses him. His eyes open wide, time slows and he sees the most wonderful sight. Looking forward as he flies, the fires die down and leave a vision of beauty in their wake, he falls in love in that miniscule space of time. His heart races not with fear of death, but with hope of love, of life.

--------------------------------------

It's morning before the ambulances are called. They arrive to find two mangled cars and two mangled people. Thrust together by fate, they are merged. His body upon hers, her body under his and a layer of glass crushed inside them both.

Love ended before it can ever truly begin, but then who knows what else happened in that frozen second of time...

Lasight
Lasight
2 Followers