The Curse of the Scots Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
carvohi
carvohi
2,561 Followers

I was immediately pleased, "You're kidding. That's wonderful."

Angie turned to look at me, "I want you to help me get a job. I mean a real job. I don't want to work at a bar. I want to do something wholesome."

I answered, "They might want somebody part time at the public library. I mean somebody out of high school."

Caprice looked at Angie, "You could do that."

Angie looked back at Caprice, "You think I could?"

Caprice looked at me, then back at my ex-wife, "Sure you could," she turned to me, "You could help her get it couldn't you Cayden?"

I told them both, "I'll call Matt Devereau today. The library's closed because it's Good Friday, but I know he'll be home. I think if I put a word in he'd give her a shot," honestly I didn't think he'd consider it without my say so. I knew he wanted more money to upgrade the library's software. I could help him get it.

I watched as Caprice affectionately took Angie hand, "There see." I was a little put off; it was like they were communicating on a whole different level and I wasn't a part of it. I felt a little jealous, but pushed that thought aside. Somehow Caprice had talked Angie into doing all the things I'd wanted her to do.

I watched. Angie had one of those funny looks like she was a puppy waiting for her owner to tell her what to do. I wondered what the hell had gone on while I'd been asleep. I checked my watch, "Look its past 8:00 a.m. Why don't you call the good Pastor around 10:00? I've got horses to see, and I want to get out to the fields. Caprice I'll leave you the keys to the Lexus. Once you get the Pastor you two can drive over. Angie you'll need to get home."

Then I gave Caprice what I hoped was a disquieting look, "I can rely on you?"

Caprice looked from me to Angie, "I've got everything under control."

I didn't quite get what she meant, but Angie looked happy so I guessed it'd be all right.

Angie looked at me, "Can Caprice come to my mom's. I want her to meet my daughter," she didn't wait for my answer she just turned and looked back at Caprice.

I said, "Sure," I felt like the fifth wheel on a four wheeled wagon. What was more remarkable was how Angie was behaving; she was like a child. She even asked me for permission for something about our daughter. I finished my coffee and got out of there as fast as I could, but I was able to hear a little of what they said.

As I left I saw them in the reflection of the storm door. I watched as Caprice grinned at Angie, "That was incredible. He even gave me the keys to his car."

Angie murmured, "Can we go back to bed a while."

Caprice took her hand, she cupped Angie's cheek in her other hand and kissed her lips, "Only for a little while. We've got to plan our day."

I was thinking the whole thing this morning sort of had me up in the air. Caprice was a whore, had been for a long time, she knew how to use and manipulate people. I mean what was this; some kind of whore's plan? She could use Angie to get at me, I mean my money. This sucked! God I hoped this didn't end up hurting Angie, because if Caprice did turn out to be a bitch, she sure wasn't getting at my money.

++++++++++

Caprice plans their day.

After calling ahead Angie and I drove over to see Pastor Cook. He greeted us at the door, and ushered us into his office. He appeared to be in his late sixties, tall, and well built. I liked him right away, "Good morning, my name is Caprice Fischer, and I think you know Angie Bradford. If you have the time we'd like to talk to you."

Pastor Cook replied, "I have to be at the hospital in a little while to deliver an Easter message, and after that I'll be giving communion to some shut ins, but I guess we have some time. How can I help you?"

"That's great; Angie and I are both acquainted with a man named Cayden McLeish. We know most of his personal history, his mother died trying to abort him, his father left him to die, his great grandmother was indifferent, and he was raised by a bunch of really old people. Is there anything else you could help us with?"

"I've heard stories."

"Anything."

The pastor started, "I believe when he was little, in grammar school the other kids gave him a hard time. I heard one story when he was in I think the first grade some of the older boys used to torment him. I recall hearing how they'd all eat outside, and afterward the bigger boys would roll out a tire. They'd make him get in it, and then they'd roll him around inside the tire for the rest of lunch. You can imagine how that worked. He'd toss up his lunch and have to wear filthy clothes the rest of the afternoon. Once I heard, the last time it happened, the boys had gotten a really big tractor tire. They shoved him in it and rolled him around till lunch was over. Well the tire fell on its side, but poor Cayden was too small to get out. His arms were trapped inside, and though he cried and yelled no one helped him. I heard that one of the teachers noticed he wasn't in the classroom, and when he asked where Cayden was all the other kids started laughing. That's when the teacher went outside and found him in the tire. I heard he almost suffocated."

Angie commented, "I heard that story but never believed it."

The Pastor replied, "Oh it's true. I got it from too many sources."

Caprice remarked, "That must have been awful. Imagine a little boy left outside alone like that, and you say no one, not anyone tried to help?"

Cook answered, "No one; he didn't have it so good at home either, but most of what I hear that happened at home seemed to be unintentional."

Angie asked, "Like what?"

"Cayden was the only child. Once his Aunt Maggie bought him a Christmas present. He got one a year from her. She bought him this table game. Clue I think it was. Imagine Cayden read and studied all the rules, but when he asked if anyone wanted to play they all said they were too busy. He played Clue all by himself."

"I can't conceive of anyone figuring out how to play Clue alone," said Caprice.

The preacher went on, "There was a time I heard when Cayden go into puzzles, so his Aunt Olive bought him a big puzzle. It was called snow storm or something. Anyway it was this huge thousand piece puzzle, but all the pieces were white. Could you imagine an eight year old trying to put together a puzzle like that?"

Angie frowned; she started thinking about Emily and the Candy land game, "It must have been awful."

Cook wasn't through, "I think the worst was probably his grandmother or great grandmother I still can't quite figure that family out. Every year for Christmas all her other great grandchildren, or whatever, nieces and nephews came to her house for Christmas dinner and every year she'd hand out presents. Some got electric trains; sometimes one would get a bicycle, once I heard she bought one special boy a go-cart. Every year Cayden got the same thing. She'd give him a red bandana, and remind him to use it when he was around her because she couldn't stand his runny nose and his sniffling."

Caprice felt really bad, "That must have been terrible. He was just a little boy."

Cook added, "You can imagine the kid grew up knowing not to expect anything from anybody, and not trusting too many people," he looked at Angie, "that is everyone but you. I hear tell he really thought you were sincere. I hear he still hasn't given up on you, but that's Cayden. One thing I'm told you can count on; he's never been a quitter, and another thing he has one solution, the same solution to every problem."

"What's that," asked Caprice.

The reverend chided, "Work; when something goes wrong, or there's something he can't figure out or can't fix, he just works. He got that from those two old men. I knew those old men, Mitchell and Johnny. All they ever did all their lives was work. Cayden's like that now," Pastor Cook checked his watch, "look I've got to get to the hospital. I hope I was some help."

Caprice responded, "Oh yes, by the way could each of us see you privately once in a while, maybe talk about our concerns."

"Sure; call me later tonight. I'll put you on my personal schedule. I love my secretary, but she's a talker."

++++++++++

Both ladies thanked the Pastor, and left. After they got in the car and drove away Caprice said, "That's says a lot about Cayden doesn't it?"

"I can't imagine anyone, even a bunch of boys, being so cruel."

"I like Cayden. I'm surprised he's been so nice to me, but then he watched as those men were trying to strangle me. I wonder if..."

"Have you ever played Candy Land Caprice?"

"Well yeah, when I was little."

"You want to play Candy land with me and Emily later?"

"What is Candy land Emily's Clue?"

Angie glanced over at Caprice and sniffed, "Not after today."

Angie and Caprice drove back to Cayden's.

++++++++++

Angie and Caprice drove back to Cayden's. Each was immersed in her own thoughts.

When we got there we saw he wasn't home. I talked Caprice into joining me for a bath. We filled the tub with hot water and soaped each other up. I felt like a little kid again. Caprice has a beautiful body; it's pretty scratched up. I could tell she's been kicked around quite a bit. Just the same she let me snuggle against her boobs. I persuaded her to let me trim her pussy. She has a big bush, but she let me trim it down so that I could see her vagina. Her labia are really big; they extrude out a lot further than mine. Her pussy was really responsive. I only touched her a few times and wow, her juices really started flowing. When we got out and went back to bed I wanted to give her the same pleasure she gave me the night before, but she wouldn't let me. She went down on me again though, and I swear the way she used her tongue inside me was a nightmare, just a heavenly wonderful exciting nightmare of excitement. I never felt this way before. I'd never been with a woman before Caprice. I don't think I'm a lesbian, but I know I'm starting to have real feelings for her.

++++++++++

Angie talked me into taking a bath with her. She has a beautiful body, but it's beautiful in a child's way. I love playing with her snatch; it's so small, and she's so responsive. I could see myself taking care of her; like making her my own pretend child. I remember once there had been an older whore who'd looked after me, I mean taken care of me.

After our special time we took another nap. We made a special pact to play with Emily every day. Angie told me there were other girls her age in town, but their mothers didn't want Emily playing with their kids. I thought that was cruel. I don't know how long I'll be staying around but there are three things I want to do. One I want to keep making love to Angie, second I want to get to know her daughter, and three I'm going to find a way to get Cayden to fuck me, no I want him to love me. Oops, Freudian slip, I mean make love to me.

There's something else that's bothering me. I'm not used to caring about anybody, I mean other people. Hell, a few days ago I didn't care about anything. Now I feel kind of like I'm being sucked into quicksand. Jesus, I feel like I'm in this web, and every time I move I get more of that sticky stuff on me. I've got nothing to go back to. Vince wanted to kill me. Where would I go? I have nowhere to go. Is there anything more for me here? I look around here and all I see are people who have lives, real lives, and a lot of them need help. I'm getting caught up in something. I think I kind of like it. I don't know what to do.

++++++++++

And Cayden:

I drove down to the barns. Del had already been with the animals. I decided to drive over to the beach and check on the roadside stands. It was still early, but it wouldn't be too long before they'd be eating up a lot of time. I wanted to check the fields. I'd done a pretty good job cutting down the weeds along the ditch banks Every time I did them I turned up more of Uncle Johnny's whiskey bottles. I remembered thinking for a long time he was out here all day getting drunk, but I sniffed a couple of them that had been pretty tightly closed. They were filled with water. I guess it made sense. He was out there day and night working; whiskey wouldn't have worked. I felt bad for the poor son-of-a-bitch. He had all the money in the world, but his only legacy was a handful of bottles along a ditch bank. That reminded me I needed to get back to work.

++++++++++

Then Angie:

Caprice and I got to my mom's just about when Emily got home from kindergarten. After a short nap the three of us played Candy land. I couldn't tell who had the most fun. I, of course, enjoyed anything I did with my little girl, but I think it might have been the first time Caprice ever played like that. Maybe not in a long time anyway. Emily especially liked it. She kept switching from my lap to Caprice's. I thought Caprice was going to cry once. Emily leaned up and kissed Caprice right on the lips. It had been complete surprise. Afterward we did something completely new.

++++++++++

Back to Cayden:

When I got home I saw the Lexus was parked in front of the house. I heard all kinds of noise inside. When I opened the front door I got the surprise of my life. Caprice and Angie had pushed the dining room table back. They found my old boom box, some ABBA song, 'Dancing Queen' I think was blaring away, and they were all dancing and frolicking around on the hardwood floor. They didn't see me at first so I just watched. They were like three little girls, two women and a child actually, all twisting and gyrating about. I got sort of excited. Angie had brought Emily to my house! I tried to laugh, it was foolish of me but I tried to act jovially, "Hey you kids what's going on?" I ruined it.

As soon as they saw me Caprice ran over and turned off the music, Angie grabbed Emily, and Emily looked like she wanted to cry. Why did I have to open my mouth? I tried to fix it, "Don't stop. It looked like you were all having so much fun."

++++++++++

Caprice reacts:

I don't know why I turned off the music. I wished I hadn't. Cayden had such a happy look on his face. It was the first time I think I saw him really happy. I mean the smile didn't look forced or phony. Now he looked more like himself, uncomfortable, I told him, "I'm sorry we were just having some fun."

Angie picked her daughter up, "I guess we should go now."

"No don't," a nervous Cayden replied, "Stay for supper."

I tried to smile, "No I better get Angie and Emily home. Mrs. Bradford has a special home cooked meal prepared."

I could see the disappointment on his face. I thought shit I really fucked this up. I tried to fix it by talking to Angie, "You know your mom always has home cooked meals."

Angie interrupted me, "This is Good Friday. She's making her special recipe for crab cakes," then she looked at Cayden, "I'm sorry, but mom only invited Caprice. She didn't think to invite you. You know, because of the way things are."

I watched as Cayden tried to smile. He said, "That's OK. I'm not hungry anyway. You guys go ahead," then he forced a smile at me. I don't know, but somehow all I could see was this little boy getting a red bandana while his cousins all got real gifts. He asked me, "Caprice you need money for gas or anything?"

I saw that look and thought he wasn't just another 'John', and this wasn't just another one time thing; damn, people had been misusing him all his life.

"I answered, "No, there's nearly a full tank."

++++++++++

Cayden took it on chin.

I felt kind of miserable but I think I hid it pretty well. I told em, "I've got to shower up. You all run along. I've got to get to bed early; need an early start in the morning," I ran on upstairs. I didn't want to look back. It had been a happy moment, and I'd ruined it. As soon as I got upstairs I heard the front door close. I watched from the upstairs bathroom window as the Lexus pulled away.

++++++++++

Caprice saw him at the window as they pulled away, "You think maybe...?"

Angie answered, "No, soon, not today."

Emily asked, "Why do you say he's mean. I thought he was going to cry. I bet there'll be enough if we asked him."

Angie answered, "He's not as mean as Mr. Keith, but Mr. McLeish has done some pretty bad things."

In her innocence Emily replied, "Is it something we could forgive him for? Mrs. Newland is my Sunday-school teacher and she says we're supposed to forgive people when they're bad. You forgive me all the time don't you mommy?"

Angie skirted her daughter's question, "It's kind of hard to forgive Mr. McLeish Emily. I'll tell you about it someday."

Emily tried to insist, "Tell me now."

Angie cut her off, "No, when you're older."

We drove on over to Mrs. Bradford's. I stayed and ate, and we played Candy land again. I left and got back to Cayden's after 10:00 p.m. It was dark, but he'd left the front door unlocked. I figured he was asleep so I slipped into the master bedroom, got into my pajamas and went fast to sleep.

++++++++++

Cayden has a rough Friday night, and Saturday wasn't much better.

I didn't sleep well. I heard Caprice when she came back. Damn it she'd been here a week, and in a week she'd seen more of my daughter than I had in years. She'd become a friend of my ex-wife's and was eating at my former mother-in-laws dinner table.

I felt like all I did was eat, shit, work, and sleep. Everything everybody else had was good. All I ended up with was shit. I felt like a guy in some old movie; I felt like I was standing outside some fancy restaurant with my nose pressed up against the window while all the people I cared about were inside having a nice meal. Damn, I wanted to be inside with everybody else.

Saturday went just like I expected. I got up and off early. I worked my ass off all day. I drove by Mrs. Bradford's a couple times; both times my Lexus was parked in front. When I got home it was late. The Lexus was back in the garage, and Caprice had gone to bed. I showered and set the clock. Tomorrow was Easter Sunday. I hoped Del remembered to take pictures. I was certain Emily, Mrs. Bradford, and Angie would be at church. I'd take Caprice. I'd at least have a chance to see everyone.

++++++++++

Easter morning!

I had to admit I was a little excited. I'd get to see all three of my girls. I'd started thinking of Caprice as one of my girls; I don't know why I just had. I mean in a week? She came out in the yellow sheath she'd bought. I thought she looked elegant; nothing like the whore I'd brought home, "Caprice you're adorable."

She came up and kissed me right on the lips, "I'm not an embarrassment?"

"You? Never, not to me," we took the Lexus, I drove.

When we got to church I went around and handed her out of the vehicle. I was worried her dress would ride up, but it didn't. Her heels were just the right height; she stood almost exactly my height. I couldn't have been more proud, except if it had been...

I saw Angie step from her mother's car. I watched as she helped my daughter out. Wow! They were dressed identically; each had on a crisp pale blue sailor's dress, the kind with the wide lapels and pretty bows in front. They took my breath away.

"They look good don't they," Caprice said in a quiet undertone.

I nodded.

We all went in and found seats. I usually sat somewhere in the middle of the center row of pews. Angie, her mom and Emily sat further toward the front on the left. We'd all gotten there early so we were all able to sit pretty close to where we usually sat. The place filled up fast.

The service followed the usual pattern; a few opening chords, some off key, on the organ, a mention of those we needed to pray for, a children's service, the sermon, declaration of faith followed by the offering, and then the benediction. It all went about as expected except for one notable surprise.

carvohi
carvohi
2,561 Followers