The Dark Side of Chocolate

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What do you think isn't?"

He stared at her for a moment before calling the bartender over.

"Can I get two..."

"Oh no I don't drink."

He raised an eyebrow at her and she added, "Plus I wouldn't want one anyway."

"Just one, then," he changed. He pointed to an item on the menu. "This one."

The bartender walked off giving her a wink.

She reached for the menu. "Which one?"

He pulled it back with a grin. "Awfully curious about something you don't partake in."

She frowned. "It's not a sin to look."

"You can try some of mine." He stirred the glass with one of the other liquor strays. She wondered why what looked like brandy or scotch, needed stirring.

"No, thank you."

He said nothing, simply raising the glass to her.

"Try it."

His eyes lidded sleepily as he waited for her, tempting her into the first sip, the one bite that would lead to her fall. She wondered how many people forsake their philosophies for a pair of dark eyes. The right words, the right attraction, and she was ready to not only drink from this stranger's glass, but straddle his lap. Shocked that he roused some submissive part of her, she took the glass from him. It wasn't safe in his hands.

Audrey looked at it, and then looked at him with confused almost wide eyes. She had watched the bartender prepare it. That made it safe, right?

He said nothing, simply watched her like a lion toying with a mouse. Audrey swallowed down her growing anxiety. It was just a drink right? Was she over thinking this? Or was it impertinent that she trust her instincts?

"I..."

"Yes?"

"Excuse me?"

They both turned to the voice that had cut through their exchange. Looking up she was surprised to see one of the men whom had been in the glass lounge facing her. He was in all white, black shades on his face. She noticed Tom stiffen beside her.

"Yes?" he asked. His voice and face were calm, but his eyes held a hint of vicious irritation.

"I was speaking to the lady," he declared, turning specifically to Audrey.

She scrunched her nose in confusion.

"Yes?"

"You have been invited by Maxwell Harrison to join his party in the glass suite."

"Really?"

She looked behind him and saw the man staring at her. He raised his glass in a cheer to her.

Wow, this was a great turn of fortune. She could get a bird's eye view of that glass bubble for herself. How many club reporters would get that without revealing themselves? Shoot, that might not even be enough.

Then Audrey remembered she was not alone.

"Could I be to bring a guest?" she asked gesturing towards Tom.

His normally passive face briefly showed shock.

"Unfortunately...no." the man lulled. "Though...I could ask. I...suppose."

"No thank you," Tom stated in a clipped tone.

"Though you're very...generous."

He leaned over to her and tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear. She shivered.

"Go. You should, right?"

"Yeah," she mumbled, glad he could not see her flush. "But hey, you could always come rescue me if it gets boring!"

"Sure."

Oh gosh Audrey, that was so lame. Add something to make it less awkward.

"Right on soul brother."

AUDREY! NO!

"Miss?"

"I'm coming."

She slipped off of the bench and the man started to reach for her liquor tray.

"No leave it," she uttered dismissively. She tossed Tom a flirtatious glance. "Apparently it's all crap."

The man laughed and gestured ahead of him.

Trailing behind him she automatically began regretting her actions. What was she thinking?

Glancing back she saw her seat taken by a hot redhead with large tits.

Opportunist whore!

"I hope he takes your number and never calls."

"Did you say something, Miss?"

"Haha, me? Not at all."

"Here we are."

She blinked as the wall to the side of the floor slid open. The people on the dance floor didn't even seem to notice. Inside the dimly lit passage were two bouncers that nodded to the man. Wow, this really was exclusive.

They walked along the dark hall until he opened a door she couldn't see. It opened straight into the glass suite, much like the wall had. So that was why the cube looked seamless. Her fingers itched to write that down but she restrained herself. She didn't have that bad of a memory.

The door closed and saw the man was not there behind her.

What was this, the mafia?

"Come in. Make yourself comfortable."

The man in question had a lovely woman on the side of. She was just a pretty by anyone's standards, a classic slice of Americana. Her hair was blonde with wavy curls and she wore bright red lipstick. Her clothes were simple, a plain white dress that was probably silk, worth more than her apartment.

Audrey stalked slowly into the room and wondered what had happened to the other woman she had seen beside him. On other side of the glass suite were guests in black, who regarded her curiously.

"Maybe I'm on the wrong side," she said, awkwardly chuckling.

"Nonsense. You are right where you are meant to be."

The man was wearing a white suit with gold lapels. He had a chiseled face and cropped blond hair, but his five o clock shadow was light brown. Despite that the man was handsome, if not a bit older than Audrey went for. How old was he? He had one of those tanned, shiny faces that could range anywhere between 30 and 100.

Audrey set herself in chair opposite the pair, not wishing to be so close to a stranger. He only smirked at her behavior and the woman beside him giggled girlishly.

"I've been watching you," he rasped with an exotic accent. "Just as you've been watching me."

What was that Russian? French? I really forgot everything didn't I?

"Are you so sure I've been watching you?" Audrey asked crossing her legs. His gaze flashed down at them, then back at her face.

"Oh yes," he rumbled. "Otherwise you wouldn't have come here. Care for a drink?"

"I don't drink but thank you." She gestured around her. "Mind if I have a look around?"

The man raised his hand with flourish. "Go ahead."

Audrey automatically went to the front of the glass and looked out on the dance floor. Despite how cool it seemed from the outside, inside felt a bit like an airtight prison. People didn't want to hear that. She needed to put a better spin on it. Maybe later, all she could think of was "glass enclosure" and "Prison Break."

Her eyes drifted off to the bar and saw Tom was looking at her. His piercing eyes cut through the glass prison. Her fingers pressed against the cool surface and her breath fogged it up. He was so...feral and elegant, a mixture of royalty and something violent, barbarian. He was probably a Prince in the streets, Freak in the sheets.

How could she have stood a chance? No matter her airs and morals, her prudish ways and doubts, she knew she wanted him.

To feel his heated gaze coursing through her while he ravaged her on his bed. She needed to get back to him.

Get some Intel for work, and then get...laid? Is that what the kids called it these days?

"So why did you invite me here?"

She pulled away from the wall with a private smile, thinking on her designs.

"Why you look like you've discovered the loveliest secret," the woman exclaimed. "My name is Shadra."

"Ruth," Audrey said. "And you didn't answer my question."

"We are people of art," the man answered. "And from our vantage point you seemed to be the missing piece."

"Are you sure I won't clash?" she asked snickering.

The man looked down at his white garb and laughed good-naturedly. "No, I feel you...complete us."

"I see, so just out of curiosity. How does one acquire such a box?"

The man's jovial look turned critical, and he pulled his arm away from the back of the woman. He leaned forward clasping his hands.

"Are you thinking of getting one yourself?"

"I doubt I could afford it," Audrey admitted. "I just wanted to know how exclusive "exclusive" was."

The smile came back like a contagion. "Well yes my darling, it is very exclusive. You either have to know someone or be someone worth knowing."

"And which one got you here?"

Shadra purred and put a hand on the man's knee.

"Mr. Harrison is a man whom few have the pleasure of knowing. Especially in the way...I have."

To Audrey's shock the woman moved her hand to the man's crotch and began rubbing. She held his groin and looked at Audrey suggestively before pulling down his zipper and pulling his cock out. Audrey's jaw dropped as she began working the cock in front of her, jerking it to hardness. Harrison's eyes never left hers.

And no one is either the club or cubes seemed to notice.

"Well..." Audrey squeaked, her voice struggling to sound casual. "You two are very lucky to have each other."

"There's no need to be jealous," Mr. Harrison said grinning at her like a long lost friend.

"We wouldn't have invited you if we didn't intend on letting you enjoy the benefits of, our...suite."

Suite? Good choice of word. Going in the article.

"So you're swingers?"

"Mr. Harrison and I aren't married!" Shadra laughed, as though the very notion was ridiculous.

Audrey raised an eyebrow, ignoring dark cock jutting out towards her. "Really? How do you feel about that Shadra?"

"This isn't the time for philosophy," Harrison growled. She watched his façade crumble as his lust made him revealed himself.

"Well then."

"I don't wish to sound rude..." he said attempting to regain his mask, "but when I saw you I could see the wheels turning in your head. The desire in your eyes. You know what you want..."

He gave her a coy lecherous smile. "So why don't you take it?"

She looked back towards the bar. Tom was gone. Audrey's heart sank at his empty seat. He left her for that redhead.

She...had at least wanted to get his number. He could have had the decency to crush her hopes and dreams over coffee and a buttery Danish.

"You're right," she grumbled. "I'm grateful to you for making it so clear."

"I'm glad you understand."

Shadra dropped to her knees and began sucking Harrison's cock in front of her.

"Now, come here."

She frowned. Mr. Harrison had stopped looking at her face and was now staring at her breasts. His hand wandered between Shadra's legs and she wondered why no one seemed to notice. The woman whined like a dog, but Audrey knew she was being too loud for it to be real. Honestly she felt bad for Shadra. She could pretend to be one with this man's pleasure seeking lifestyle, but she wasn't. She just wanted to keep him and this was the only way she knew how.

Audrey put a hand on her shoulder and she flinched. Then she smiled, Harrison's cock smeared with red.

"You are worth so much more," Audrey said firmly. "Find someone who'll marry you for sucking dick."

She took the woman's puzzled look in stride as she headed for the door.

Now how the hell do I open this?

"Hey!"

She pulled at the door. It didn't budge. No way was she locked in. She jiggled it again with added force. She was.

Oh...this was so wrong.

"Where do you think you're going?" Harrison stood up like an angry erect bear.

"I'm taking your advice," Audrey said calmly.

"What I want can't be found here. I'm leaving."

"Do you know what you're doing?"

His voice was rose in pitch. He took a step forward and wondered if he really thought he could harm her in here.

"Do you know what you're walking away from?" he snapped. "You should feel honored that I even considered you! You think you can walk away?"

Audrey pounded on the door. "Let me out!" With no answer she turned back to the advancing Harrison.

"This is a glass cube! People will see! Touch me and you'll go straight to jail!"

"No one is watching," he growled. "If anything they'd think it's a performance. You think there are camera's here? Security? This is my Garden. And you are a flower I decided to pick."

The closer he got the more apparent it became to her that Harrison was going to rape her.

"Help!" she screamed. "Somebody help me!"

"They can't hear you darling. It's soundproof."

"You keep your stubby dick away from me!"

"What did you say to me you ignorant whore?"

He reached for her and she grabbed the closest item, throwing it at him. The neon vase shattered at his feet and he looked up at her enraged.

She grabbed the other vase. "Not another step," she warned. "I swear this one goes over your head."

"You crazy bitch! Are you crazy?"

"Crazy bitch implies that."

Their standoff was interrupted by three hard knocks. Looking for the source she saw Tom standing beside the glass window. Harrison quickly tucked himself into his pants. Staring into the cube, Tom lifted a hand and gestured for her to come to him.

"I can't," she shouted. "Help!" She pointed to the door.

Despite the darkness he seemed to understand her. She watched as he turned to Harrison and gave him an icy glare. He pounded on the glass once and headed towards the wall. Audrey could feel the evident threat. So could Harrison.

"You came with someone?"

She didn't grace him with a reply. Her eyes tracked Tom as he opened the wall and stepped inside. She was not privy to how the bouncers took his arrival, but she didn't have to wait long to learn of his success. The door opened and he was standing there, looking as refined and cool as usual.

"Ruth, are you hurt?"

"No. Please let's go." He put a hand on her waist and guided her in front of him.

"Stupid cunt," Harrison swore after her.

Tom didn't react. Instead he led her to a darker more secluded part of the bar. They settled on a black couch and Audrey tried to process what just happened.

"Are you alright?" Tom asked again.

"How much did you see?"

"Enough."

"I should call the police."

"Don't bother. He'll be gone before they arrive."

Audrey sighed heavily.

"You know, when I said you could come rescue me, I actually expect that I'd need it."

"Are you disappointed with my rescue?"

"Gosh no. Anymore of his perverted dick dangling ape-shit and I might have just keeled over and died."

He laughed, a nice low rumble. It made her smile, but she was too through emotionally.

"I think I'm going to find my friend and get out of here."

"Understandable," he said. "But, we never had our drink, and I think, you could use one."

He raised a hand and a waiter came over.

"Two sir?"

"Yes two."

"Two what?"

He tilted his head to the side. "If I tell you, is it likely are you going to try it?"

She knew the answer was no.

"Yes."

He smirked at her. "You've lied to me."

Audrey wrinkled her nose. "It's only a little white lie."

"Like your name?"

She froze. Her breath caught when he touched her wrist. His curled his fingers around her hand, his and warm gentle touch reigniting her feelings.

"You don't take risks do you? Ruth?"

He pierced her with those eyes again. What did they see? What were they looking for?

"No. Never," she whispered.

She needed to find Lala and leave. They had been there over 3 hours at least. She had had enough of this club.

"You haven't ever wanted to take a risk?"

Audrey frowned in response as dirty images started to flood her mind. She pulled her hand back and began twiddling fingers, hoping that the statement was innocent and not what she secretly dreamed.

"Well?"

Her fingers moved quicker, she glanced at his.

With fingers like those, she could weave a basket.

"Not really," she mumbled.

A sex basket.

"Well you look thirsty," he responded. "Would you like a taste of something else?"

"Like what?"

"Like...me."

Audrey gaped like a fish.

"I...I-I beg your pardon?"

Did he just call her thirsty?

His leaned in, his hand cupping the back of her neck. Warm fingers curled into the ends of her hair, lightly securing her, preventing her escape.

"Wait-wait what are you..."

"Stop me if you want."

His lips pressed against hers. The full bodied force of his kiss sent her reeling. Her toes curled in her shoes and she made a sound that was neither protest nor acceptance. Whatever it was he swallowed it and he drew his body closer, draping over her like a shawl. Tom's soft, warm lips wove a pattern that scalded her senses.

She folded like a bad hand. Audrey knew he sensed her surrender, she could feel him smirk against her mouth. A second later he pulled away, leaving her senses devastated.

Audrey stood up, her heart beat accelerating in time with the techno song that had begun to play. If she had any sense she would leave right then and there. He was no different than Harrison. He was more attractive, more sophisticated, but at his core wasn't he just after her? It was unfair of her to think so base of him, but Audrey knew she wanted him. That was why she had to judge him harshly. She scanned the room.

Where the hell was Lala?

Tom simply observed her, his long elegant fingers resting on his thigh. What was once an innocent observation began to twist into wickedness, as she imagined those fingers caressing her. The fingers drew her to the bunching fabric between his thighs and she unintentionally stared at his groin. Her eyes flicked up to his and he chuckled, seeing her mortified expression.

"Do I scare you?"

Lie Audrey.

"Yes."

AUDREY!

"I like that you're honest. Most of the time."

He smiled then. It was charming, too charming. It made him look innocent when he was in fact, borderline evil.

"Why?"

"I have a good feeling about you," he mused crossing a leg over his thigh. "You're scared but you stay. Why is that?"

"I've just been traumatized. I'm emotionally unstable."

"Are you?"

"It wouldn't necessarily come as a shock."

"So you're not, attracted to me?" He had barely posed it as a question.

She scoffed. "Uh, well are you attracted to me?"

"Yes."

Damn. She thought she would have bought some time with a contrived routine of "I asked you first," and "I asked you second."

He was so strange. Why was it always the crazy ones that caught her eye?

His eyes seemed to dig at hers when he checked his watch. Solemnly he stood.

"Let's dance."

"But I— "

He took her by the wrist and little difficulty towards the center of the dance floor. When they arrived he placed her in front of him and released her.

"Dance," he exclaimed. Blue and red lights

glinted off of his midnight hair. A string of silver fell over her chest.

"Go on."

"Who the hell do you think you're talking to?"

She was livid. All her arousal ran out of the door when he began to act like a sociopath.

"Just because you rescued me does not mean you can order me around!"

She turned to leave but he grabbed her wrist and pulled her into his chest. She gasped when he held her waist trailed his hand down to her butt.

Audrey swallowed heavily, and then with all her might slapped his face. His head rocked to the side but he didn't release her. Fear gripped her as she expected an angry backlash, but when he faced her he only looked amused.

"Let me go," she demanded.

"Is that what you want?"

Before she could answer he backed her up into a dancing body. She tripped and fell with nothing but his hand holding her up. He strode forward, using her momentum against her until she was backed up against the wall. Jumping people encircled them, oblivious to everything but their own good time.

"Ruth."

Her eyes widened as he pressed his arms on either side of her head.

"I can read your body language." He tilted his head to her right. "Look over there."

Reluctantly she turned. It was a mirror. She stared at the picture of the tall muscular shadow looming like the grim reaper. Between his arms was a creature that looked delicate and saintly by comparison. For all her airs and sharp intelligence Audrey resembled a confused deer blinded by headlights. Her face was flushed, her eyes hazed with unrecognized passion. She was befuddled, but most of all, she looked wanton, longing, needy.