The Darkness Beyond Ch. 04

Story Info
Cian and Hannah have a strange encounter.
2.5k words
4.49
15.5k
1

Part 4 of the 11 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/21/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fieryjen
fieryjen
188 Followers

She was submerged in darkness. She was conscious, but she couldn't see, or feel anything. There was just soothing coolness, silence, and pitch black night.

Suddenly, there was something. A tingling in her neck, and then the sickening sensation of not being in control of her actions, of her body being taken over by some other being. She moved without wanting to, powerless against whoever had taken over her physical self. But without warning, there was someone else.

She could smell the scent of male sweat, and a second later unwillingly opened her eyes to take in the dark, olive colored skin of the other. He was naked, she noticed with mild surprise.

There was no talking, only the feeling of being lifted upwards and then sinking down onto the other. He had soft, tempting looking lips, and she kissed him without thinking, running one hand through his long, black hair. She tasted something on his lips that she couldn't identify, but it only served to heighten her lust. He responded fiercely, rolling on top of her and pressing himself against her. His breath tickled her throat as he kissed a trail down to her shoulder, then came back up to slowly suck on her earlobe. She could feel his hand move down her body and between her legs, could feel herself getting wet at the mere touch.

She could hear the one with her moan when his finger dipped into the wetness between her legs, and she involuntarily reached down for him. He was hard and ready, but at the same time he felt like living velvet. She wrapped her hand fully around him, encouraged by the small noise he made, and could feel his finger slide further into her at the same time. Silky black hair brushed over her face when he moved to kiss her again.

His other hand reached down to join the first in pleasuring her. She moaned when a second finger entered her, carefully exploring her depths.

"Oh, please," she whispered, then sighed contently when a third finger entered her. His dark eyes looked into hers for just a second, then he removed his fingers and moved into a better position atop her.

She spread her legs automatically. He rubbed sensually along her thigh, leaving a slight wet trail as he moved towards her center. They kissed again, this time for long as their tongues toyed with each other and he slowly parted her folds. He slid inside her almost too quickly, making her gasp, but the pleasant sensations soon overshadowed the initial feelings of discomfort. He was big, warm and pulsating inside her, eagerly thrusting deeper.

She welcomed him, thighs wide open, arms wrapped around him. His pace quickened soon, he was getting more and more aroused, and suddenly, something inside her shifted, changed her feelings for the worse. She felt no longer aroused, but bloodthirsty.

She wanted him to die.

Yet, she let him fuck her, watched as his eyes glazed over slightly, as his face contorted in pleasure. Then, when he was close, she offered him her neck and guided his mouth to the soft, inviting flesh. As she felt the teeth puncture her skin she had the most dreadful feeling of déjà vu, but at the same time she couldn't stop herself from doing what she felt she had already done. The knife materialized in her hand as if by magic, and as his body spasmed in orgasm, she thrust it into his body right below the ribs.

This time, she could feel the exchange of something that reluctantly left his body and was absorbed by hers. It was like a pulsating, glowing thread of energy, a promise of power and strength.

But then, she felt another part of her pulled away, and she screamed as all sensations faded and she was once again left in the darkness.

**********

Hannah awoke with a start, drenched in sweat, shaking and terribly aroused. For a moment, she was completely disoriented, but focused on calming her breathing and squelching the burning desire that had been enflamed while she had slept, and then the dark sky caught her attention and she remembered.

She'd been attacked by the near-invisible creatures with Cian... in that damn city... fleeing from a bunch of vampires who wanted her dead.

She shivered, wishing she could just wake up from this bizarre dream and be at home, safely in her bed and far away from all of this supernatural bullshit. She hadn't even believed vampires existed until she had encountered one and almost died from it. Now, inexplicably, she was right in the middle of all this. Although she wasn't even sure where she actually was.

Hannah looked around, taking in her new surroundings for the first time. She could still see the city, although it appeared to be some distance away. What she was sitting on looked to her like a hill made of some sort of volcanic rock, smooth where she was sitting, but so sharp a few meters to the left that Hannah knew it wasn't a good idea to walk across this even when wearing shoes.

"She's awake, I see, she's awake."

Hannah turned in the direction of the voice. To her right, a humanoid creature was staring at her, apparently talking to itself. Judging by the voice, it was a female, although her head was bald and Hannah couldn't make out any other telltale signs about her gender. Her skin had a bluish tint and the only clothes she wore were rags wrapped around her hips. Her chest was bare and covered in marks, with no breasts or nipples visible.

"I'm awake," Hannah agreed, but the creature didn't seem to react. She simply turned after a few seconds and walked away from Hannah, who stood and followed.

It wasn't easy to maneuver the volcanic rock. Hannah tried to avoid the sharp edges as much as she could, but sometimes there were only narrow passages where walking was possible. The entire hill was bizarre. Finally, the path she was walking on sloped downward, ending in front of a cave made out of the same rock as the hill. In fact, the cave looked more like an accidental hole in the rock than anything man-made. The cave's ceiling was only just tall enough to accommodate her, and the walls inside were just the same curious mixture of sharp and smooth textures of the rock.

"There you are. I was wondering where she had stashed you."

Cian stepped out from the dark corner where he had been standing. Hannah reflexively tried to account for her weapon -- but it wasn't anywhere near, neither on her body, nor did Cian seem to have it. The vampire's grin widened when he understood her sudden look of panic.

"Lost something, have you?"

Hannah took two steps away from him and towards the entrance of the cave. Sneakers and sharp edges be damned, she would make a run for it if he tried to touch her. But Cian didn't move, only raised his hands, palms out, in an apparent gesture of goodwill.

"Relax. We're pretty much in this together. And I'm not too hungry just yet."

Hannah wondered if this was his idea of a joke. Just in case, she took another step back, and he came a yard or two closer. As he stepped into the dim light, she could make out dark red bruises on his throat, the marks of his fight with the glass creatures.

"Why haven't you healed yet?" Hannah burst out with the first question that came to her mind. Cian didn't answer her, but only looked towards the floor.

"He wants to preserve his strength," the answer came from the entrance of the cave, and a moment later, the pale blue figure came into view. "And he is taking to heart what I told him earlier."

When Hannah turned her head to look back at Cian, she noticed that the vampire had clenched his hands into fists and was looking towards the floor, obviously nervous, and apparently also very much uncomfortable.

"What did you tell him?" she asked.

Instead of answering, the creature approached Hannah, taking steps until mere inches separated their bodies. Hannah looked into dark, intelligent eyes and held her breath.

Something was in those eyes. Knowledge, suffering... Hannah couldn't quite pinpoint it, but it was intimidating. She stepped back without realizing it, unable to look away.

"Who are you?" she whispered, and suddenly, the gaze was broken, and the creature turned away.

"The name was Noor," she said. "A long time ago, when I still had use for a name." Without another look, she walked back to the opening of the cave and turned right, moving out of sight. Hannah was left standing, openmouthed.

"A little strange, isn't she?" Cian had approached her without a sound, and Hannah jumped.

"Strange probably isn't the first word I'd use to describe her, but yeah, you're right."

Hannah looked at him. "What was it she told you?"

Cian lowered his eyes. "Mostly just that I should stick with you if I want to make my way back to earth some time. And that it would be better not to piss you off too much."

That explained his uncomfortable demeanor. Hannah had only known the vampire for the better part of a night, but she understood his basic nature, and he had admitted to her himself that he was a sadist. It had to drive him nuts to be civil to her.

"What does that have to do with your injuries?" Hannah looked over the bruises again. They looked even worse up close, raised, dark red welts and fainter, greenish bruises under the skin.

Cian gave a short laugh. "I thought you had that figured out by now. The healing drains strength, and I have to replenish that strength by feeding. If you hadn't noticed, you're the only human being around here."

"Oh," said Hannah lamely.

"Yes, oh. So I only healed what I needed to breathe freely, the rest doesn't bother me too much. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find the smurf lady and ask her how we're going to get out of here."

But that didn't turn out to be necessary. As quickly as she had disappeared, Noor was back, walking towards them. Hannah noticed for the first time that Noor was barefoot, and wondered how her feet could take the walking on the harsh rocks. Before Cian could open his mouth, Noor spoke.

"I dreamed of her," she said, looking at Hannah. "I saw everything."

"That's nice," Cian interjected, obviously impatient. He still had his hands clenched into fists and appeared to be getting more agitated by the second.

"You mean to be getting back to the Human's place, naturally," Noor said, still staring at Hannah. "Undo the injustices that have been committed. Slaughter the guilty. Rescue the innocent. I've waited for this for a very long time." She smiled, but it was more a distorted attempt at a smile, by someone who hadn't used those muscles in a very long time.

"Do you have any idea what she's talking about?" Cian asked. Hannah shook her head mutely.

"You need a crystal to call a portal," Noor said, suddenly sounding perfectly rational. "They're rare. There aren't any around here. But I can show you where to find them."

"Great," said Cian. "Sounds like a plan. Can we leave?"

"No," said Noor simply.

Cian rolled his eyes. Hannah looked at him and then back to Noor, who was still staring at her, unblinking. Noor seemed to be waiting for something.

"Why can't we leave?" Hannah finally asked. Noor's face broke into another smile that wasn't really one, more a scary mask.

"There are preparations to be made. I have to... make preparations." She suddenly stumbled, barely catching herself.

"We got it," Cian interjected.

Without a further look at him, Noor turned and left the cave once more, muttering about her preparations. Hannah watched her leave, then looked around the cave for a spot flat enough so she could sit down. There was one near Cian, and without showing hesitation, she went and sat down. She knew she had to start pretending not to be intimidated by the vampire, otherwise he would enjoy walking all over her.

"Do you have my weapon?" she asked, looking up at him. It was worth a try, she figured, even though he wouldn't necessarily tell her the truth.

Cian shook his head. "I don't. Either Noor has it stashed somewhere, or it's still up on that ledge where we were attacked. Either way, I haven't seen it."

"Damn," Hannah whispered.

"Unless you still plan on shooting me," Cian continued, "may I ask what you want to have it for? If you didn't notice, it didn't exactly have an effect on these creepy fuckers on the ledge."

"That doesn't mean it won't have an effect on anything else," Hannah replied. "Plus, I just like having it. It makes me feel less helpless."

"Is that why you have it in the first place?" Cian sat down in a spot a few feet to her right, head tilted quizzically in her direction. "I've wondered about that. Usually grad students are advised not even to have sharp knives, and there you were with a damn gun pointed in my face. Can't say I was expecting that."

Hannah grinned without meaning to. "Yeah, that showed pretty plainly on your face."

She became serious again, looking down at her hands. "My dad's a police officer, and the city isn't exactly the safest in the world. He gave it to me when I moved out of the dorms, in case anyone broke into my place or tried to rape me or something."

"Good thinking," Cian said.

They both turned when they heard the sound of falling rock, just to see Noor enter the cave again. She was carrying several cloth-wrapped bundles, which she set down and then turned to them.

"Rest," she ordered them. "Rest, rest. You will not be able to do so once we are walking."

"That's easier said than done," Cian said, and for once Hannah was thankful for his comment. She eyed the hard stone dubiously, not sure she could ever go to sleep on it.

Noor flung one of the bundles, and Hannah ducked as it flew right past her head. Cian caught it and unwrapped it. It consisted of several tattered blankets, stained and torn in many places. But they were blankets, and Hannah was willing to ignore their filth if they were comfortable enough for her. She felt strangely exhausted once again, making her wonder just how long she had been passed out on the hilltop.

Cian spread the blankets on the uneven floor, one over the other.

"It's not going to be the most comfortable thing in the world," he warned her, "but it's better than plain stone."

"I'm aware," Hannah replied, laying down. She felt a bit uneasy when it entered her mind that she would have to sleep next to Cian, who obviously didn't mean to leave all of the blankets to her. Still, all she did was to close her eyes and try to relax, uncomfortably aware of the vampire's body next to hers.

fieryjen
fieryjen
188 Followers