The Darkness Beyond Ch. 05

Story Info
Dreams are more than they seem.
2.4k words
4.52
15.4k
2

Part 5 of the 11 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 12/21/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
fieryjen
fieryjen
188 Followers

He was perfectly aware of the presence that entered his mind when he was prone, but he wasn't able to fight it. It was just there, sitting in his brain like a parasite and mocking his efforts to rid himself of it. He shuddered, hating his helplessness. His hands were clenched into fists, but suddenly, they relaxed and opened without him allowing them to do so. His eyes closed and remained that way. The parasite had taken over control. He wanted to scream, but even this was not allowed by the parasite. Instead, he felt a body being flung at him, and hands clawing at his face.

He grabbed the wrists and pinned them down without thinking, laying his weight on the other body to still it, and noticed he was naked. So was the woman beneath him, who was still fighting him. All he could feel was his skin on hers.

"Shh," he whispered, and felt himself grow hard surprisingly quickly. He felt her spit in his face, but he ignored it. When her body continued to fight his, pressing against him in the process, he simply grunted and worked to part her thighs with his. He could only take so much teasing. His cock was throbbing painfully by now, and knew he needed release. He could still feel the parasite in the back of his mind, but satisfying his need had taken precedence over fighting the other presence.

He tried to take both of her hands into one of his to hold her down, but she was surprisingly strong. He finally just rammed a shoulder into her, knocking the wind out of her, and gained a few valuable seconds. As his hand wandered down her body, he noticed crusts of what he assumed to be dried blood, and when he scratched at them, he could smell the metallic scent he knew so well. He found her cunt under a mess of tangled hair, his need too strong to be turned off by any of this.

When she started to move again, he entered her, fast. He could hear her gasp and then scream again, moving her hips to meet his thrusts. He gave a triumphant groan and rode her, knowing he wouldn't last long, but knowing just as certainly that they had to orgasm together. He worked hard at it, finding her clit under the tangled hair and pinching it. She seemed to like it, bucking her hips again before he felt her long nails claw his face. He ignored her.

Finally, he simply couldn't hold back any longer. To his horror, he felt compelled to tilt his head and allow her access to his neck, something he had never done in his life. When she sank her fangs into him, he suddenly felt the bloodlust too, even as he poured himself into her. The knife that materialized in his hand served only to cement the decision, and he rolled over onto his back, taking her with him, and stabbed her in one fluent motion.

She convulsed on top of him, and he could feel something being sucked out of her body and entering his. It was the strangest sensation, and suddenly, he was disgusted by the smell of filth that emanated from her body. He dislodged her fangs and pushed her limp body off him, just when he noticed that the parasite was leaving him. It took whatever he had just received from the woman with it, and left him laying there, alone and shaking.

**********

Cian sat up on the blanket, gasping. He had a foul taste in his mouth and tried to figure out what had just happened. It had been a dream... so real though, him and Satne...

He leaned over to the side and threw up. Not just once; the revulsion was so strong that he heaved until all that dripped from the corners of his mouth was blood-laced saliva, and even then, he was unable to ban the memory of the filthy vampire woman. At the same time, he noticed to his horror that he was still hard.

"Jesus, Cian!"

He could feel Hannah's hand on his shoulder, soothing and warm. For a moment, he allowed himself to lean back towards her. Her long black hair dragged over his face as she bent over him, concerned, and he welcomed the sensation. He was still shaking, bathed in cold sweat, and Hannah noticed.

"You're sick," she said, as if him puking his guts out wasn't evidence enough.

"He was dreaming," Noor's voice cut through the air, and they pulled away from each other quickly. Cian stared up at the bald woman.

"How did you know?" he asked, hoping he hadn't talked in his sleep.

"Dreaming here is different from dreaming where you come from," Noor answered. "Dreams are windows here. Windows to the place where things matter. I said I dreamed of you before you came here."

Cian frowned. "Are you saying what we are dreaming is happening on Earth?"

"Happens," Noor answered. "has happened, or will, sometimes it is hard to tell." But it will happen, or has, always. No way of stopping it."

Hannah straightened up next to him. She suddenly seemed uncomfortable as well.

"All dreams?" she asked. Cian turned to her, taking in her widened green eyes.

"You had a dream too," he figured. "Was it as disconcerting as mine?"

"I didn't throw up afterwards, if that's what you mean," she replied. "But it wasn't very enjoyable either. It was like a repeat of what I did to Briar, only with a different person." She shuddered.

"Shit," Cian whispered, his dream suddenly making a lot more sense. "Someone is targeting the vampires."

"What do you mean?" Hannah asked. Noor sat down on the blanket with them, eyes intently focusing on Cian.

"I mean just what I said," he replied. "If what we are dreaming is really happening, someone is repeating whatever happened to Briar with everyone else. Collecting essences." He stood up, aggravated. "And I can't warn them because I'm stuck here. Damn it."

He turned back towards Hannah when a thought struck him. "Who was it?" he asked.

Hannah shrugged. "I'm not sure. He... he had dark skin. Long, black hair. He was pretty attractive, actually."

"K'meer." Cian punched the wall, ignoring the pain that this caused to his knuckles. "Fuck!"

He had always rather liked K'meer, the vampire who was closest to him in age. K'meer had been created only a few years after him. Now, he could only assume his brother was dead, or would be soon.

"Well, I bet that was at least more pleasant than my encounter with Satne." Cian pressed his lips together to form a grim smile. He felt the sickening feeling take hold of him again, and fought it actively.

"We should head back to Earth as soon as we can then," Hannah opined. Cian raised his eyebrows in surprise. He'd gotten the impression before that Hannah would like nothing more than for all of his kind to die on the spot. But her sudden enthusiasm contradicted that. It didn't make sense.

Noor, who had not said anything for the last few minutes, abruptly stood up and started to pull the blanket out from under Hannah. The girl scrambled to get off the blanket and onto the stone, and Cian stretched out a hand and helped her get up without thinking.

"Here!" Noor yelled, suddenly throwing packs at them. Cian caught one, while Hannah dropped the other. They were nothing but cloth bundles tied with string, and Cian took a few minutes to order the strings before he tied the pack to his shoulders. He helped Hannah with hers. Noor had meanwhile strapped at least three packs to herself, two worn metal flasks dangling on her hips.

"Go," she said, a smile that wasn't one back on her face, and she left the cave without waiting for them. Cian and Hannah scrambled to follow her.

**********

Cian was glad when they had finally descended the hill and left the volcanic stone behind them. It was tricky terrain to maneuver, and small injuries were inevitable. He was at the point where healing drew from the last reserves of energy in his body, and he needed those to keep up with Noor. Hannah seemed exhausted as well, but she wasn't doing quite as badly as he was. At least it seemed that way to him, but she was possibly just pretending to be fine, like he was.

They had been walking on a broad, paved street for some hours now. The street led around the perimeter of the city, sometimes through parts of it. Cian didn't like the thought of encountering the creatures that lived here once again, but Noor did not appear to be worried. The woman still hadn't told them how she had rescued them from the glass creatures on the ledge, but Cian hoped that she had some sort of effective weapon.

He shook his head, looking around and wondering what had happened that had left the city a nightmarish concrete jungle. According to the documentation of vampires before him, it had been quite the paradise at one point, although Cian wondered how much of that was exaggeration. His kind liked to generate jealousy.

His eyes narrowed when he saw movement by one window. It was gone when he blinked, but his muscles tensed nonetheless. He couldn't afford to ignore this.

"Something's coming our way," he said quietly, and Hannah and Noor stopped at once.

"What is it?" Hannah wanted to know, but Cian didn't need to answer her, because the glass creatures chose this very moment to approach them. They jumped out of the windows of the building, five or six of them, Cian couldn't tell how many exactly.

"Thuarins!" Noor warned a little late.

The first one to reach them jumped Cian, and he ducked just in time. The creature vaulted over his head and hit the pavement behind him. The next one approached Noor, who did nothing but to spit in its face.

Cian was perplexed when the creature reared back, smoke emanating from his face. He spit at it as well, watching how the creature's glassy skin was eaten away as if by a chemical reaction. Hannah had noticed as well, and when the next creature approached, she kept it at bay. Cian, meanwhile, watched Noor unscrew one of the metal bottles she carried, and she used her hand to liberally sprinkle water all around them. The glass creatures that were hit were literally eaten up by the water, they melted like snow under a blow-dryer. More emerged from the building though, coming at them. From the corner of his eyes, he saw Hannah panic and start to hyperventilate.

Noor waved at them to walk on without her, and Cian had to pull a shaken Hannah along with him, because the girl wouldn't move on her own. Noor knew what she was doing. The bald woman defended herself against the remaining glass creatures with the water, melting them. Even more came at her from the windows if the building, and she stood to face them. Strangely, none of them seemed to think of attacking Cian and Hannah, who were running away from them rather than walking. They were approaching a curve in the road, and finally moved out of the sight of Noor and the creatures.

"She'll be fine, right?" Hannah said nervously.

Cian shrugged. He didn't feel like making predictions, although Noor had certainly looked like she had the situation under control. All he wanted to do was lay down on the pavement and fall asleep again, but he knew that doing so would likely lead to another dream. He wasn't ready for that.

After a further ten minutes of walking, Hannah seemed to have had enough. She suddenly dropped down in the middle of the street and sat there with her head between her knees. Cian stood there and sighed, not sure how to handle this.

"I'm hungry," Hannah whispered.

"Me too." Cian forced himself not to stare at the girl's neck, instead sitting down next to her and looking at his own hands. "I suppose we can rest for a few minutes, wait for Noor."

Hannah nodded.

"I'm sorry," she said. "I just can't go further right now."

Cian shrugged. "I wonder how far it is to those crystals she talked about," he remarked conversationally. Hannah remained silent.

For a few minutes, they simply sat there and rested. Cian finally lay down on the street, exhausted, but carefully fighting sleep. He considered talking to Hannah again, because that would help him stay awake.

"How did you know that about grad students?" she asked, as if she had read his mind.

Cian frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"You said grad students shouldn't handle sharp knives. I didn't think you ever even went to college."

"I didn't," Cian replied.

"So how do you know things like that? About human life?"

"College students are an excellent food source," he replied. "Some of them talk too much."

Hannah fell silent again, and he wondered if she regretted asking the question.

"I can't just not eat," he reminded her, "and I hate dealing with old people. It's disgusting." He shuddered at the thought. Satne had nourished herself exclusively by attacking old, helpless people in their homes, leaving the rest of the vampires to clean up after her.

"So why isn't it better known that college students in the city die from blood loss, with puncture wounds in their neck?" Hannah asked.

"I usually heal the bite," Cian replied. "It doesn't take much energy, just a bit of saliva. And all of us are careful to dispose of the bodies in a way that doesn't make anyone suspicious. The river is good, because there are a few deaths a year anyway, stupid drunken kids that want to go for a swim. They usually overlook the fact that there's been blood loss in that case."

"That's horrible," Hannah whispered.

"It's in my nature," he replied. When she lifted her head, he could see that her cheeks were flushed, and at this moment, he started to wonder just how she was dealing with the essence trapped in her body. He was curious if she was able to simply ignore it, or if it had started to corrupt her just the slightest bit. That might explain the odd statement she had made earlier. When they had still been on Earth, he had no doubt she would have attacked him for the words he had just said. Now, though, she was simply sitting there staring at the pavement in thought.

He resolved to keep Hannah under observation, and closed his eyes only for a moment.

fieryjen
fieryjen
188 Followers