The Date Ch. 01

Story Info
A special anniversary date.
1.4k words
4.26
12.2k
5

Part 1 of the 6 part series

Updated 10/05/2022
Created 03/01/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LadyIlsa
LadyIlsa
25 Followers

Beep...

beep...

beep...

beep...

beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep

Lisa reached over and after just a seconds hesitation, and turned the alarm clock off, instead of hitting the snooze button. The extra nine minutes just wouldn't be worth the rush later. Jeff and the dogs still snored, not even fazed by that annoying alarm going off at the ungodly hour of 5 AM.

Pulling the covers back, the cold air hits her with it's instant wake up effect. The master bath is only six steps from her side of the bed. Groping in the dark, she closes the door before turning on the light.

Jeff was taking the day off to get some projects done around the house today. So, in exchange for letting him sleep in, taking the dogs our, getting the food and water dishes filled, he was going to finish two things she wanted done and he was going to make dinner tonight. It was a fair trade. Usually, she got up later so he would take care of the dogs. And she did most of the cooking. It would be nice to come home to a hot meal today.

'Damn brights lights! Why can't it be light out when I have to get up? Because I'm a friggin' idiot for picking up an extra shift that starts before dawn, that's why! Hump day. I wish...can't remember the last time we had mid-week sex.'

Lisa turned on the shower and brushed her teeth while it warmed up. The hot water warming the bathroom to a more tolerable temperature. She thought about the last time they had any sex.

'Oh, my God, it's been at least two weeks' - two and a half since it was on the weekend. It was awesome as always. Jeff was a caring, passionate, talented lover. He grumbled that they should do it more often, but so did she.

Their son was grown now - married last June and expecting their first grandchild next August. They were going to be grandparents and that made both of them feel so OLD. But they weren't - at forty-five and forty-six, they were still young, fit, healthy. It was weird. They had more time, more money and were too tired to make the effort to do the things that they had promised each other 'when the house was theirs again'. Top of that list was sex.

'Maybe tonight, heheheh, maybe for desert!' Lisa thought with a grin.

It was only when she was done with everything else that she got the dogs to go outside. Then she saw the snow. At least six inches of white stuff.

'Shit. Now I'll probably be late.'

Opening the door, the dogs rushed to get out, the youngest rolling and biting at the snow, ready for playtime. The two older dogs did their business and were ready to get back into the warm house. She let them in and hit the automatic car starter - the BEST Christmas present she had ever gotten - and then threw the ball for the playful mutt they had adopted a year ago.

'A few minutes to let the car warm up won't kill me and the puppy needs the exercise.'

Lisa glanced at her watch, 5 minutes and she would have to get going. The big mutt was running and rolling and playing as if it was a balmy day on the beach instead of dark, freezing cold and windy. Whistling to the dog, she held the door open and a snow covered blur ran past her, into the house and over the other two waiting for their cookies.

'Stupid dog - can't watch where she's going.'

After handing out cookies, grabbing her purse, the tools of her trade - stethoscope, penlight and half a dozen clicker pens - she went to her now warm car. Backing out of the driveway she tried to get her mind off sex and into work mode. The drive was twenty minutes in good weather, forty in bad. Hopefully the snow plows had cleared the roads. She double checked that she had her cell - just in case - and put it on the dash. Tuning the radio to an oldies station, she drove out into the dark, singing "California Dreamin'" with the Mamas and Papas.

~~~~~~~~~~~

She had made it to work with six minutes to spare. Coffee in hand, she had sat through the usual morning whining from the night shift, gotten report on her two patients in the CCU, checked orders and meds, answered the usual inane questions from the residents about patients she hadn't even seen yet, and put her day in order. Both of her patients were very ill and would take all her skills. It was going to be a long twelve hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thirteen hours later, reports given, questions answered, and after one last 'can you help me turn Charlie?', she had taken a quick shower in the locker room. She changed into her jeans and old college sweat shirt and her clunky boots. She was zipping up her coat, grabbing her belongings and heading for the door. She heard her name just before she hit the automatic door opener. Sighing heavily, she turned back to see the unit clerk waving at her and pointing to a man.

"Come back, Lisa, this guy needs to talk with you!"

'Great! I am never going to escape the place.' Lisa turned back with a feeling of instant weariness. 'Probably another family member with more questions I can't answer. I left my crystal ball at home!'

Lisa composed her face to hide her thoughts, and tried to smile. Her feet and back hurt, she had a headache and in general, wanted to get the hell out of Dodge.

The stranger turned towards her with a smile. She noticed he was wearing some sort of uniform, with hat, gloves and matching coat. All in black. He was about fifty-five years old - too old to be a son of either patient, too young to be a sibling. He also bore no family resemblance. Her puzzlement must have shown on her face. He smiled and removed his hat, revealing thick black hair, streaked with silver, blue eyes that reflected his smile, and dark skin that looked evenly tanned.

"Lisa? My name is Jonathan. I have been sent to pick you up, by Jeff, and take you to your destination."

Lisa looked at him as if he had just spoken in Greek.

"Your husband sends his love and told me to tell you that his parents have the dogs, and your bag is in my car. Your car has already been retrieved and is at home. This note is for you." Jonathan then handed her an envelope with her name on the outside. It sure looked like Jeff's handwriting. She opened the note slowly, glancing around she noticed that everything had come to a standstill in the busy CCU, and she felt suddenly exposed and shy.

Turning her body slightly towards the wall, she read the note.

"Darling,

This is Jonathan. He will drive you, in a limo to meet me for a romantic evening. This was planned before you picked up this shift, so I hope you're up for this. Since you're not working tomorrow - I checked! - you'll have time to rest and recover if necessary. Now, go with the nice man. Just follow your instructions and you will have an evening to remember.

With all my love,

Jeff"

Lisa turned back to Jonathan. Folding the note, she looked him in the eyes and nodded.

"Lead on, Sir!" Lisa said, a tingle of excitement giving her renewed energy.

Jonathan smiled and Lisa saw the CCU return to normal as she followed him out the door and to the front entrance of the hospital. He held the back door of the limo open for her and she slid into the back seat of the already warm car. A bottle of champagne, fluted glass, and a dozen pink roses in a vase greeted her. But not Jeff.

There was a bag on the seat. Inside it was a little black dress, stockings, heels, bra, jewelry and cosmetics. No panties. Lisa giggled, 'Just like Jeff!' This was pretty good. She couldn't help but wonder what was next. Then she saw the envelope.

Opening it up, she read,

"Darling,

So far so good? Good. OK, Jonathan should have the separator window closed by now and I'm sure you've noticed that all the glass is very dark. No one can see you. Please put on the clothes in the bag and drink your champagne. Sit back and relax, it's a bit of a drive. I'll see you soon.

With all my Love,

Jeff"

Closing the note, she giggled like a teenager and started to get out of her clothes...

LadyIlsa
LadyIlsa
25 Followers