The Day America Was Destroyed Ch. 02

Story Info
Snapped back to the present.
826 words
4.23
9.8k
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 02/14/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Before I begin, I want to thank you all who sent the feedback. You have insired me to continue on.

My boys and I arrived at my home in Marietta, Georgia. I wasn't ready for this, and quite frankly neither was America. About twenty minutes after arriving at home, there was a knock on my door. I opened the door to a pair of uniformed Military Police officers. They politely explained that I was to report to Ft. Benning, Georgia to catch a plane. I asked where I was going they simply replied Norfolk. My boys and I were ushered into a Hum Vee and driven to the airstrip at Benning. Once there we were promptly taken to a C-130 transport and flown to Virginia. Apparently, I was needed by my country once again. After I left the Corps, my thoughts still focused on my duty to my country. That was one of the big reasons I was divorced. My thoughts turned to my ex-wife, and I radioed ahead to Norfolk to request a car be sent for her. I told them she was at Cleveland Memorial Hospital. The response that I got was expected. The radio operator told me that was a negative. Apparently, our new heads of government wanted me in to speak with them before any of my requests would be considered. I arrived on the base and left my children outside of the briefing room with the two MP's. My services were needed to help gather and analyze any and all information that we could get on the Chinese. I was given the rank of Major, and told to assemble a team of other Recon Marines that I trusted to get the job done. I responded that I would do that as soon as I had taken care of some person issues. First and foremost, getting my ex-wife to Norfolk with the kids. I was given permission to saddle up a flight team and fly to Cleveland. Before I left, I hugged my boys and told them I loved them. I turned them over to a pair of Marines for safe keeping. I told them to stay put, to which the marines and my boys replied with an emphatic "Yes Sir".

The Joint Chiefs decided that we needed help in our hospitals for the military, and commissioned me to "enlist" as much help as I could at Cleveland Memorial. We landed on the helipad at the hospital about an hour and a half later. I stepped out of the helicopter in my dress blues and quietly made my way to the administration offices. I handed the orders of conscription to the Head of the hospital and left to find my ex. I handed her the orders that had been written up specifically for her. Her new husband had left for Detroit two days prior for a business trip. She was uncertain as to where he was. She reluctantly agreed to board the helo. As the trucks arrived to transport the rest of the hospital staff and patients to Norfolk, we lifted off. Apparently, a few of the hospital personnel decided that they weren't going to leave. They quickly changed their minds when a pair of orderlies tried to force their way out of the truck. Both men were in intensive care very shortly after that.

After we landed in Norfolk, I went to my office and told a Lance Corporal to take my ex to our boys. I began to assemble my team very quickly. The first person that I requested for the team was an old friend of mine. Gunnery Sergeant Brett Dunham was my tech school instructor in Tennessee. We were stationed together in Saudi Arabia, as well as Syria. When he was first assigned to the Middle East, he requested that I be attached to his squad. I had just finished demolitions training. The whole process of putting my team together took about three hours. I was leaving my office when I heard my secretary say, "Lieutenant you can't go in there, he's busy." My ex was waiting for me to emerge from my office. She looked pissed, and I knew why. Part of her orders were that she become a Naval officer serving at the hospital. The only reason that happened was because I knew that military personnel would not listen to a civilian. She quickly stormed up to me with a very stern look on her face. I smiled and her look softened. She had come to me with a request. She wanted my team to go out looking for her husband. I reluctantly agreed. Seeing her in Navy dress blues quickly reminded my how slim she was. I also realized that I still loved her very much even after all these years.

To be continued...

Hope that you enjoy this chapter as much as you did the first. Keep the feedback coming, good or bad.

Md